Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 489 by kewl0210 , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)

View Poll Results: Rate this chapter! (Average rating: 7.6 / 10)

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • 10 (Perfection)

1 3.23%
  • 9 (Epic)

8 25.81%
  • 8 (Very Good)

10 32.26%
  • 7 (Good)

6 19.35%
  • 6 (Bit Above Average)

3 9.68%
  • 5 (Average)

1 3.23%
  • 4 (Bit Below Average)

2 6.45%
  • 3 (Bad)

0 0%
  • 2 (Very Bad)

0 0%
  • 1 (Garbage)

0 0%
  • 0 (I'm done with Claymore)

0 0%
New Reply
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Claymore 145 Discussion / 146 Predictions

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Utsune's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Claymore Claymore 145 Discussion / 146 Predictions

This is where you can post and discuss the spoilers for the next chapter of Claymore.

24 Hour Spoiler Rule:
    • Mangahelpers enforces a temporary blockade for discussion of new spoilers/chapters. This blockade ends 24 hours after raws are publicly released.
    • For series with a forum, please keep all discussion regarding the newest chapter and its content inside the spoiler/chapter discussions until 24 hours have passed after the raw/chapter's release.
    • Please wait 24 hours before using art from new chapters in signatures and avatars.
    • Please wait 24 hours before posting any art based on new chapters in the art and stories section.
    • The 24 hour rule will be strictly enforced. This is a courtesy rule. Not every member reads spoilers and not everyone can read new chapters as soon as they are released.

Spoiler Pics and Translations:
    • At Mangahelpers we only allow three manga pages to be posted directly as spoilers.
    • This rule is not judged based on the number of thumbnails but the number of pages pictured.
    • Please provide hyperlinks for any excess pages.
    • Please do not re-post already available spoiler pics or summaries.
    • International translations may be posted in the spoiler discussion thread. A moderator will add it with credit to the English translation in the spoiler pics and summaries thread.
    • Do not significantly edit your post after more posts have been made. Please make a new post if new spoilers are available.

For-Profit Download Links
    • If a for-profit download link is provided, we ask that a non-profit alternative is available in the same post.
    • Linking to another website with for-profit download links and no non-profit alternative also violates site rules.
    • Mangahelpers asks that members who may not be comfortable using sites that help turn a profit for pirated material have a choice.
    • Mediafire, Rapidshare, and Sendspace are all non-profit links. Providing any of these as a download link fulfills the non-profit alternative requirement.
    • Spoiler: list of for-profit sites show

Spoiler: Formatting Spoiler Posts show

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner melvo 17's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Claymore 145 Spoilers

There shud be spoilers and pics by now

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Tempest Phoenix's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

http://readms.com/r/claymore/145/2167/1 Here it is, for us to enjoy.

4. Thanks 8 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Goral's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

This was not bad, mainly thanks to Clare finally deciding to take action (even using Teresa's moves, i.e. kicks). Plus Priscilla pwning QS even though she was using the strength she had when she was #2 was very satisfying since that again shows how much superior above everyone else Teresa was (and brings a direct proof to arguments I've made 4-6 years ago, e.g. when I pointed out that Priscilla's sword movement must have been faster than Irene's because when Teresa matched it it could shatter glass). Alas there were many annoying things too, like Dr. Deneve explaining things again and Miria being Miria.

It's finally ending... Hate to say it but I'm glad with things being as bad as they are.

---------- Post added at 03:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:57 PM ----------

I don't see how everyone could have sense of Clare's QS when she hasn't used it in 7 years...
    Last edited by Goral; November 30, 2013 at 09:01 AM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member killy-.-'s Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Clare became a ninja. What do You do when u cannot hit ur opponent with a sword? You try to kick them, so sad.... I didnt like the chapter at all
    Last edited by killy-.-; November 30, 2013 at 09:39 AM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

@goral : actually Clare used it against Cassandra - remember when she slashed that head to ribbons, Helen said "was the Quicksword always this awesome?" Also I'm surprised you didn't count Raki not being dead among the annoying things.

Just finished the chapter. Suffice to say, despite a very impressive display of teamwork and techniques that flowed amazingly well (phantom, Quicksword, Raphaela's style, limb stetching, sword throwing... - only the drill sword was missing) from the Ghosts, Priscilla shows she's even more badass by countering it all with pure skill, as opposed to her monstruous power. And while showing it, it also reminds of how exceptionnal Teresa was. Anyway I doubt the reinforcements will do much good.
    When you've reached the bottom, you can always dig yourself deeper - just use a shovel.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Goral View Post
    I don't see how everyone could have sense of Clare's QS when she hasn't used it in 7 years...
    I guess because it's similar to the WindCutter?

Quote Originally Posted by dany le fou View Post
    @goral : actually Clare used it against Cassandra - remember when she slashed that head to ribbons, Helen said "was the Quicksword always this awesome?" Also I'm surprised you didn't count Raki not being dead among the annoying things.
    They've seen the Quicksword before in the north, but that doesn't mean they've practiced it being used against them. Even then, if it had improved so much to the point where Helen was shocked why would they still be able to dodge it so well?

I don't really understand the ending. What exactly would cause Cassandra to change her target from Octavia and Chronos to Priscilla? She has been fighting them for god knows how long, so it doesn't make sense for her to suddenly attack alongside them, unless it turns out her doing that was simply Pirscilla getting in the way of her assault on the other awakeneds but I can't see that being the case.
    Last edited by Tempest Phoenix; November 30, 2013 at 10:40 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member number12michael's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Claymore 145 Discussion / 146 Predictions

i am a bit confused when Priscilla said "you being as strong as that one" who was she talking to ?

And as for the ending i bet you Prissy absorbed Cassandras attack.
    maybe Cassandra came to her senses ? or maybe she sensed prissy and wanted to destroy her?
    "Keep Eating Shit For The Rest Of Your Life " - 愛憎のロクサーヌ- Roxanne of Love and Hate

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tempest Phoenix View Post
    I don't really understand the ending. What exactly would cause Cassandra to change her target from Octavia and Chronos to Priscilla? She has been fighting them for god knows how long, so it doesn't make sense for her to suddenly attack alongside them, unless it turns out her doing that was simply Pirscilla getting in the way of her assault on the other awakeneds but I can't see that being the case.
    It wouldn't be first time Yagi's left a plot hole so it's probably better not to overthink it.
    When you've reached the bottom, you can always dig yourself deeper - just use a shovel.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Project Spirit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I have an awkward feeling towards this chapter. If I split it apart, then I liked it, but something just didn't seem right.

I liked the artwork(minus the last close up of Priscilla with the squished face), and enjoyed how the combat was shown. Trust me, I'm beyond tired of seeing Claymore's standing on hair in midair, so this is refreshing. Seeing Clare's inner turmoil finally be addressed is nice. I liked how we get to see the gap difference, and Priscilla calling out Miria. But, idk, the fight really doesn't seem like it's going anywhere if the best techniques don't even scratch her. I knew Priscilla's senses were good, but being able to dodge the fully released Phantom at first glance, while avoiding the quicksword seemed a bit like overkill. Especially since I'm used to seeing her fight like she did against Alicia and Beth, where she was taking hits against good coordination. That's something that I expected, even if you say she wasn't trying back then due to her regeneration. Idk...I just don't seem to understand this power gap myself yet. It seems to me like Priscilla fighting this way is more dangerous than how she used to fight.

I actually feel Deneve was the perfect one to tell this to Clare this time. Arguably, Yuma also did because she showed Clare with her actions rather than words. But this was actually Deneve's area of expertise for once. She should know about fearing death down to her core since that's what her entire style grew from. With that said, I'm also tired of her talking by now.

Overall, I liked it, but it didn't really hype me or anything. Probably due to looking too much into wonky power levels.
    Last edited by Project Spirit; November 30, 2013 at 10:57 AM.

12. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Goral's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dany le fou View Post
    @goral : actually Clare used it against Cassandra - remember when she slashed that head to ribbons, Helen said "was the Quicksword always this awesome?" Also I'm surprised you didn't count Raki not being dead among the annoying things. (...)
    I know, it was a simplification on my part. What I meant was that they didn't even have the time to get used to it and certainly not its upgraded version.

@Tempest Phoenix
    It is a bit similar but it's still very different. The timing they would need would change significantly if Clare would use WC.

---------- Post added at 05:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:06 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Project Spirit View Post
    She should know about fearing death down to her core since that's what her entire style grew from.
    I would agree with you if it was before she partially awakened. Once she did that she has become immortal and I find it funny that Deneve talks about the fear of death when she can't be killed (apparently). Just now she took a hit again which she will heal 5 seconds later. That's absurd. Years ago Yagi wouldn't hesitate to kill off characters, now he lets Deneve take hits which makes the battles boring. Clarice's death was refreshing but it was an exception to the new rule that Yagi has made.

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Project Spirit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Come to think of it, when I first saw Deneve jump in front of Clare, the chapter's title came to mind. I thought she might actually be killed there. It left my mind when Yuma got hit. I agree, it is absurd.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought Yuma was going to die the moment she threw her sword. As much as I like Yuma, it would have been nice to see someone go, then again Cynthia's probably going to off herself to save someone like she tried before.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

so octavia and chronos are now abyssal-class awakened beings, lol

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Nanozom's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh...my God....
    (Brain exploding from the awesomeness witnessed.)
    Just...
    Wow.
    It was glorious to see this... all ghost fighting at once...
    And WHAT THE HELL!
    Priscilla goes god sue again!?
    Dodging that QuickGhost! At least stand and take it! You coward!
    Poor Yuma!
    And it is nice to see Clare go Ninja on her, it was a really nice display of close martial arts that claymores learn, one we barely see...
    I knew they were ninjas... (Except for Rachel...and Undine...)
    But once again, the ending is... Two-edged...
    I was hoping to see Cassandra get at Priscilla...
    But it feels... off... Really off...
    How did she get the point to co-operate with the others?!
    Somehow, I feel this last scene was rushed... jumping to the mark.
    Yagi you are moving too fast! Slow down a bit!
    Anyone else that gets this feeling?
    And I can guarantee that Priscilla is going to troll everyone in the next chapter. It feels like she is going full force with her awakened form next.
    showing up unharmed or shatter the awakened and abyssal strike...
    If not, then this is definitely getting rushed.
    Otherwise, Great Ghost Action, rushed last scene and God sue Priscilla...
    Yagi! Don´t rush this! It´s going to get bad if you do!
    (Like he is reading this forum...)
    Anyone else that get the same feeling of the ending?

New Reply
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast