Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 515 (2)

View Poll Results: Rate this chapter! (Average rating: 7.6 / 10)

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • 10 (Perfection)

    1 3.23%
  • 9 (Epic)

    8 25.81%
  • 8 (Very Good)

    10 32.26%
  • 7 (Good)

    6 19.35%
  • 6 (Bit Above Average)

    3 9.68%
  • 5 (Average)

    1 3.23%
  • 4 (Bit Below Average)

    2 6.45%
  • 3 (Bad)

    0 0%
  • 2 (Very Bad)

    0 0%
  • 1 (Garbage)

    0 0%
  • 0 (I'm done with Claymore)

    0 0%
New Reply
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 136

Thread: Claymore 145 Discussion / 146 Predictions

  1. #16
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Country
    United States
    Age
    31
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    84
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Claymore 145 Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by Goral View Post
    I know, it was a simplification on my part. What I meant was that they didn't even have the time to get used to it and certainly not its upgraded version.

    @Tempest Phoenix
    It is a bit similar but it's still very different. The timing they would need would change significantly if Clare would use WC.

    ---------- Post added at 05:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:06 PM ----------


    I would agree with you if it was before she partially awakened. Once she did that she has become immortal and I find it funny that Deneve talks about the fear of death when she can't be killed (apparently). Just now she took a hit again which she will heal 5 seconds later. That's absurd. Years ago Yagi wouldn't hesitate to kill off characters, now he lets Deneve take hits which makes the battles boring. Clarice's death was refreshing but it was an exception to the new rule that Yagi has made.
    The reasoning I see behind the lack of death of claymores is a simple factor. Yagi killed their point of origin off. So if he kills one off... He can not make more. Unless he creates a new story-line arc... For example, a sister island for manufacturing claymores.

    I feel priss is not acknowledging clares real potential. She claimed that she was on par with the other one. I feel she was talking about irene. However, what she does not know is clares holding back. But, more over I feel fear is not whats holding clare back. I think its more of whats inside of her holding her back. Shes needing that final push to make it over the top.

  2. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
  3. #17
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Nanozom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Country
    Sweden
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    973
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Claymore 145 Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by kaidedshard View Post
    The reasoning I see behind the lack of death of claymores is a simple factor. Yagi killed their point of origin off. So if he kills one off... He can not make more. Unless he creates a new story-line arc... For example, a sister island for manufacturing claymores.

    I feel priss is not acknowledging clares real potential. She claimed that she was on par with the other one. I feel she was talking about irene. However, what she does not know is clares holding back. But, more over I feel fear is not whats holding clare back. I think its more of whats inside of her holding her back. Shes needing that final push to make it over the top.
    Yeah... Kill Raki.

  4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  5. #18
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brother Coa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Holy Terra
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    688
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Claymore 145 Discussion / 146 Predictions

    I lol-ed so hard on the last page - 'what will become of Priscilla?'

    She is going to survive all of their attacks and kill them slowly one by one, because she is a troll like that.

    And I agree with kaidedshard - I am expecting Clare saving the day in the end by doing some OTT move.
    Now, if Yagi until the end of this battle introduce Mainland in some way, he will surely finish Claymore with ths - as Goral said. But I don't like that, it would be like cheap end.
    "The universe has many horrors yet to throw at us. This is not the end of our struggle. This is just the beginning of our crusade to save Humanity. Be faithful! Be strong! Be vigilant!"

    -Emperor of Mankind.


  6. #19
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member wickedsmile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    245
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Claymore 145 Discussion / 146 Predictions

    I didn't mind the action in this chapter at all and thought it was appropriate for what Yagi wanted to convey. Sure it's not what we saw in Pieta or when Priscilla fought the Blacks. However, the battle served as the vehicle to provide insight into Clare's growth and evolution, not as a warrior but as a human being. Clare died emotionally when the Yoma killed her farmily. She died again when Priscilla killed Teresa. Don't get me wrong, the life she would have lived with Teresa would have been difficult, but it's one that she would have shared with someone she loved and with someone who loved her beyond all measure of life.

    As Deneve pointed out (goodness, she is the wisdom of the group), Clare's restraint is born from a desire to live. She wants to enjoy her life with her long time companions and, of course, Raki. Friendship, family, a lover, those are things that separate regular humans from Claymore warriors. There's a bit of irony in this. In becoming a warrior and seeking revenge, which Teresa would not have wanted, she found the most important things in life that Teresa had always hoped for Clare.
    I don't want to die. Even if that makeshift family was all nothing more than an illusion, doomed to someday fall apart. I so wish, so wish, it could have lasted the tiniest bit longer. - Norihiro Yagi

  7. Like 5 Member(s) likes this post
  8. #20
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member MalakTawus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Country
    Italy
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    455
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Claymore 145 Discussion / 146 Predictions

    So cool......can't wait to see what Claire will do, 'cause i dont belive even for a second that that fight will go on without something big happening to Claire and going full power, but probably triggered only after some tragic scene (yup, someone will die for sure, i just hope it wont be Raki).

    Also even if the ghosts havent seen the QS for a long time, they still have fought with Claire using the WC so they OBVIOUSLY know more or less the timing that Claire uses that kind of move.........not to mention that probably they have also group attack patterns developed in the years.

  9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  10. #21
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member claremore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Country
    Canada
    Posts
    75
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Claymore 145 Discussion / 146 Predictions

    I felt very sad reading this chapter, though it was good anyway... its sad because its signaling an end to the main plot
    Last edited by claremore; November 30, 2013 at 02:59 PM.

  11. #22
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member serpico's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Country
    Winterfell
    Posts
    518
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Claymore 145 Discussion / 146 Predictions

    At least Priscilla give it spanking to everyone, the enjoyable part to me.

    Miria declaration of victory at the end suck.

  12. #23
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Dark Night's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Country
    Kenya
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    270
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Claymore 145 Discussion / 146 Predictions

    I think I see now why the Org expected Priscilla to surpass Teresa; she was freaking strong even as a warrior. Probably stronger than Hysteria, who was already stronger than a normal No. 1.

    I thought that Clare and Miria would have grown to the point that they could at least challenge a No. 2 Priscilla, but not even close. Which nicely illustrates the fact that Clare still has a looong way to go before reaching Teresa.

    If Claymore Priscilla could stop and avoid the Quick Sword without even trying, Teresa could do much more, and this proves she actually never needed her PYS to deal with it. In the end, despite its sheer speed and strength, the QS is limited by it's user.
    Shiro 2

  13. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
  14. #24
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted gnut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    st.pete...tampa bay,usa
    Country
    United States
    Age
    40
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,996
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Claymore 145 Discussion / 146 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by kaidedshard View Post
    The reasoning I see behind the lack of death of claymores is a simple factor. Yagi killed their point of origin off. So if he kills one off... He can not make more. Unless he creates a new story-line arc... For example, a sister island for manufacturing claymores.

    I feel priss is not acknowledging clares real potential. She claimed that she was on par with the other one. I feel she was talking about irene. However, what she does not know is clares holding back. But, more over I feel fear is not whats holding clare back. I think its more of whats inside of her holding her back. Shes needing that final push to make it over the top.
    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsmile View Post
    I didn't mind the action in this chapter at all and thought it was appropriate for what Yagi wanted to convey. Sure it's not what we saw in Pieta or when Priscilla fought the Blacks. However, the battle served as the vehicle to provide insight into Clare's growth and evolution, not as a warrior but as a human being. Clare died emotionally when the Yoma killed her farmily. She died again when Priscilla killed Teresa. Don't get me wrong, the life she would have lived with Teresa would have been difficult, but it's one that she would have shared with someone she loved and with someone who loved her beyond all measure of life.

    As Deneve pointed out (goodness, she is the wisdom of the group), Clare's restraint is born from a desire to live. She wants to enjoy her life with her long time companions and, of course, Raki. Friendship, family, a lover, those are things that separate regular humans from Claymore warriors. There's a bit of irony in this. In becoming a warrior and seeking revenge, which Teresa would not have wanted, she found the most important things in life that Teresa had always hoped for Clare.
    i believe this was the whole reason clarice was introduced...miata being a wild child like clare.
    it's like a total 180...clarice<miata =teresa>clare....strength roles switch

    clarice's sacrifice to bring miata back is becoming significant...because teresa is probably restraining clare from awakening fully...just my guess.but,since clarice died a weakling and never showed anything else(warrior wise)...why else was the use for her in the manga?

    we all know that clare is special...like wickedsmile said,it's quite ironic....
    she has access to the power/skill/technique of teresa...but teresa is also holding her back(having taking her into her body instead of a youma)
    Last edited by gnut; November 30, 2013 at 04:56 PM.

  15. #25
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member MalakTawus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Country
    Italy
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    455
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Claymore 145 Discussion / 146 Predictions

    Anyway i have some doubt that Prissy is REALLY fighting as she was as n.2.........actually it's clearly BS imo since Prissy was strong as n.2 but not THAT strong.

    Imo Prissy is simply limiting some aspects of her power, not everything. For example, being able to follow QS and stop it like it was nothing, sure as hell is not something that old Prissy could pull off, at least not that easily.........and that makes sense, infact even if she said that she limited her power, do you really think that she would pretend to not be able to follow an attack that now she can follow naturally?

    Nha, i dont buy it, Prissy in the old arc was strong, but no way in hell she was this strong, even going back to look at the past chapters (even if i perfectly know the panels already,lol).

  16. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
  17. #26
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Leroid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Country
    Serbia
    Age
    31
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    154
    Post Thanks / Like

    Claymore Re: Claymore 145 Discussion / 146 Predictions

    I was expecting (and hoping) that Clare's development would go in this direction.

    Quote Originally Posted by MalakTawus View Post
    Anyway i have some doubt that Prissy is REALLY fighting as she was as n.2
    About as much as she was fighting Raki using only human strength.
    Last edited by Leroid; November 30, 2013 at 05:52 PM.

  18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  19. #27
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    48
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Claymore 145 Discussion / 146 Predictions

    There's no reason for Priscilla to lie. During her earlier duel Clare confirmed she was moving at human speed, the drop in speed was so dramatic that for a second Clare thought she wasn't moving at all. Yes, claymore Priscilla is just that overpowered. I'm not going to bash QS, a technique that would fit well for a #1, but people were overhyping it way too much (to the point where it sounded like Teresa and Priscilla should've been demoted) and now we know it's still not quite at Ileana's level, whom claymore Priscilla should have no problem defeating.
    Last edited by The Based; November 30, 2013 at 07:00 PM.

  20. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  21. #28
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Tempest Phoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Age
    18
    Posts
    166
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Claymore 145 Discussion / 146 Predictions

    Hey, she could be sticking to her word. Fighting as she was when she was No.2, with 100% youki release.

  22. #29
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member eefrit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Satellite of Love
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,459
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Claymore 145 Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by Goral View Post
    (even using Teresa's moves, i.e. kicks)
    I wasn't going to say anything, but this is totally bothering me as it deals with one of my favorite characters. I'm pretty sure that was Rafaela's fighting style and not Teresa's.

    Anyway, was an all right chapter. Looks like Clare is going to have to overcome yet another mental block for this fight. I don't know what's going to happen, since Pricilla seems pretty unstoppable right now. I hope she doesn't trash Cassandra in one chapter because that would be totally anti climatic as there have been several chapter dedicated to getting this one plan to work. I guess she'll hold Pricilla off for a minute while Clare taps into that Teresa flesh.

  23. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  24. #30
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member MalakTawus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Country
    Italy
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    455
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Claymore 145 Discussion / 146 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by The Based View Post
    There's no reason for Priscilla to lie. Yes, claymore Priscilla is just that overpowered. I'm not going to bash QS, a technique that would fit well for a #1, but people were overhyping it way too much (to the point where it sounded like Teresa and Priscilla should've been demoted) and now we know it's still not quite at Ileana's level, whom claymore Priscilla should have no problem defeating.
    You are wrong, it's a fact that Prissy wasnt that strong in the past, infact there are clear proofs.
    I'll make you one that can't be denied in any way:

    Prissy in the past had some problem following some of Teresa's movements and it's 100% sure that even if Teresa moved fast in that fight she couldn't move too fast cause she has zero attrite problems........but present Priscilla can deal with QS attack and at the same time Miria's top phantom, and she even noticed the phantom when Miria was already moving and we know that at that point even Histy 'speed is not enought to evade. As strong as she was as n.2, yeah right.....
    0% opinion, 100% fact, this is impossible to deny.

    So no, there is not even a little bit of doubt that the Priscilla that is fighting now is way stronger than her old self.........well,technically iirc she also said that she would have increased the power little by little during the fight, so it's possible that she simply increased her power to a level that would allow her to enjoy to the fullest her fight against Miria and Claire.

    ---------- Post added at 01:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:19 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Tempest Phoenix View Post
    Hey, she could be sticking to her word. Fighting as she was when she was No.2, with 100% youki release.
    This could be belivable, at least could explain why now she can do things that are clearly above of what she showed in the past. (but this also means that it's not realy possible to compare her old fight with this fight)

    Afterall, like Leroid already pointed out, even when she said that she was fighting with human strenght, well.........LMAO.
    Last edited by MalakTawus; November 30, 2013 at 07:28 PM.

New Reply
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts