Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)

View Poll Results: Rate this chapter! (Average rating: 7.6 / 10)

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • 10 (Perfection)

1 3.23%
  • 9 (Epic)

8 25.81%
  • 8 (Very Good)

10 32.26%
  • 7 (Good)

6 19.35%
  • 6 (Bit Above Average)

3 9.68%
  • 5 (Average)

1 3.23%
  • 4 (Bit Below Average)

2 6.45%
  • 3 (Bad)

0 0%
  • 2 (Very Bad)

0 0%
  • 1 (Garbage)

0 0%
  • 0 (I'm done with Claymore)

0 0%
New Reply
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Claymore 145 Discussion / 146 Predictions

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted gnut's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Claymore 145 Discussion / 146 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by MalakTawus View Post
    You are wrong, it's a fact that Prissy wasnt that strong in the past, infact there are clear proofs.
    I'll make you one that can't be denied in any way:

Prissy in the past had some problem following some of Teresa's movements and it's 100% sure that even if Teresa moved fast in that fight she couldn't move too fast cause she has zero attrite problems........but present Priscilla can deal with QS attack and at the same time Miria's top phantom, and she even noticed the phantom when Miria was already moving and we know that at that point even Histy 'speed is not enought to evade. As strong as she was as n.2, yeah right.....
    0% opinion, 100% fact, this is impossible to deny.

So no, there is not even a little bit of doubt that the Priscilla that is fighting now is way stronger than her old self.........well,technically iirc she also said that she would have increased the power little by little during the fight, so it's possible that she simply increased her power to a level that would allow her to enjoy to the fullest her fight against Miria and Claire.

---------- Post added at 01:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:19 AM ----------

This could be belivable, at least could explain why now she can do things that are clearly above of what she showed in the past. (but this also means that it's not realy possible to compare her old fight with this fight)

Afterall, like Leroid already pointed out, even when she said that she was fighting with human strenght, well.........LMAO.
    like ophelia...my point about clarice
    yagi sets us up...with characters actions more than long explainations...i think alicia/beth and the whole soul link thing is somewhat related to clare/teresa

time and time again...we've seen clare survive/defeat enemies thru yoki sensing...
    i hope she gets back to this technique
    Last edited by gnut; November 30, 2013 at 08:03 PM.
    But the stink that filled the privy gave ample evidence that the oft-repeated jape about his father was just another lie. Lord Tywin Lannister did not, in the end, shit gold

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member TheRussianMeatClob's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Lol at that cliff hanger what will happen to to Priscilla?!?!!? Haha we all know how this is gonna end in blood and tears and Priscilla mocking people. Also poor brave Yuma hope she lives.
    ".........." Killy's opinion on most things.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Nixl's Avatar
    Country
    Ajman
    Post Thanks / Like

God damn it Priscilla. You had one job this chapter. Just kill off doctor Deneve already.

Complete the circle, release me from this prison. Strike down the doctor.
    Last edited by Nixl; November 30, 2013 at 08:41 PM.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member TheRussianMeatClob's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nixl View Post
    God damn it Priscilla. You had one job this chapter. Just kill off doctor Deneve already.

Complete the circle, release me from this prison. Strike down the doctor.
    Indeed we are almost out of time Nixl and the doctor just wont die.
    ".........." Killy's opinion on most things.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member serpico's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

good chapter.
    Last edited by serpico; November 30, 2013 at 10:33 PM. Reason: keyboard trouble

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member MalakTawus's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by serpico View Post

good chapter.

No, that's not the reason at all.

Edit:????? something changed in the post i quoted,lol

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Probably?!

---------- Post added at 09:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 PM ----------

Maybe like Priscilla a troll

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member God Eye Galatea's Avatar
    Country
    Water Tribe
    Post Thanks / Like

Excellent! Fully Translated Chapter! Very Nice Chapter! I really love that cover with Clarice and Galatea, and Miata's awaken body alluring in the background as you can see.

I love seeing Priscilla's level of swordsmanship against the ghosts' teamwork. Yes, while the ghosts' amazing teamwork seemed futile against Priscilla's Claymore No.2 level skills. But, to me the opposite is also true, Priscilla couldn't take them out while they were fighting as a team. If Clare didn't get distracted, Priscilla wouldn't have wounded Deneve or Yuma, and there were only minor injuries. Thus, I feel that the ghosts' team fighting powers are in a class of their own.
    (Regarding the ghosts and the Quicksword, remember Clare had mastered the Quicksword with her yoki sensing into only striking the intended target 7 years ago thanks to witnessing Jean's unbreakable will. With 7 years of training, Clare's precision improved as well her speed significantly, I doubt Clare's Quicksword would ever hit them, but they still need to back away a bit for her to use it effectively I guess. Having been fighting and training together for 7 years, it's like they can finish each other sentences in terms of fighting.)

I can't help it, but I'm really amazed by Teresa once again while seeing Priscilla fighting with her power as a No.2 against the ghosts. As Teresa owned Priscilla along with Irene, Sophia, and Noel without breaking a sweat or releasing her yoki, and Teresa quickly disabled them. Teresa was just that much stronger. Seriously though, I feel that Irene is indeed a No.1 and might have been one of the strongest No.1 with her Quicksword, if not for freaks of nature like Teresa and Priscilla. I dare say that if Hysteria had lived long enough into Teresa's era and Priscilla's era, she would have already been demoted to No.2 and No.3 respectively.

I thought it is nice that Clare's new perspective for life and her purpose are clear now and finally out in the open for her. Deneve has always been that tough love insightful big sister in the group, as she herself went through similar dilemma most of her life, wanting to live, but at the same time afraid of dying because it would mean losing that chance to live. It is only human to feel that way, you just need to acknowledge it and keep fighting, because if you don't, there would not be anything left worth living for. (It's kind of like a nice contrast to Priscilla, who seems to be wanting to feel the fear of death to feel alive again or may be feel human again.) This talk might actually stir up something inside Clare, and might even trigger a mental meeting with Irene and Teresa. The fear of Priscilla's overwhelming power and death was something that haunted Irene for years, it might trigger Raphaela's memories in Clare about Irene, and possibly Irene's last words about finally finding resolve and closure by entrusting it to Clare. Clare's purpose in life is finally what Teresa wanted for her. I've already discussed about mental meeting with Teresa and earning her power at last chapter discussion.

Clare bandaged Raki rather quickly, I guess all that Windcutter and Quicksword skills and training really paid off. Clare Quickbandaged Raki. Don't mess with Clare or else she would QuickBitchslap you without you ever realizing who slap you!
    Clare using Rafaela's fighting style is very interesting to see, but I feel that it's very dangerous as well, while the Claymore sword is indestructible, her legs are not. I mean if Priscilla has used the same strength that she beheaded awakened Alicia with, Clare's leg wound have been a goner already. Rafaela probably incorporated martial art into her yoki fiend on her much down time.

I think that Yagi sensei does really lurk and troll around the Claymore Forums. He crushed my hopes this chapter.... (Hence the chapter title too - The Price of Hope...). I was hoping that Quicksword could work against Priscilla last chapter and how Priscilla never tank or stop the Quicksword clearly before, and bam this chapter Priscilla stops it... Put to rest any debates. Moreover, I was hoping Yuma's 100% accurate sword throwing could do some damage against Prisclla too, but she MISSED! Yuma's sword throwing accuracy is not 100% anymore.... Noooooooo..... Argggg..... But, I'm still very proud of Yuma for being brave and showing her resolve against Priscilla to Clare.
    (Yagi sensei, if you are indeed reading this, please, Clare needs a mental meeting with Teresa! It's long overdue! Clare finally need closure with Teresa's death! And stop trolling us! But, if you can't stop, then troll us less often. Thanks!)

What to look for next chapter?
    - What's going on with Cassandra?
    Something is definitely going on with Cassandra, her face is not shown clearly this chapter. She is shown attacking Priscilla with Octavia and Chronos.
    - Clare's mental world. Possible Meeting with Teresa and possibly Irene as well.

It is strange regarding the comment on Abyssal level awakening beings, Miria is probably referring to Octavia and Chronos. While they are indeed strong awaken beings that are still standing, they are hardly Abyssal level though... (The Chinese version translated the same thing, Abyssal Class (level) Awaken Being(s)) I mean luring and surviving the attacks of the Abyssal One is surely impressive, but it doesn't make them Abyssal Class though.. Well, I guess Miria just trying to boost their morale.

This caught my eyes too...

Spoiler show
    Last edited by God Eye Galatea; December 01, 2013 at 12:21 AM.

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 8 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think so it yoki it just the way Priscilla is holding the sword whatever someone use single or both hands to push down something the muscle between the chest and neck become thick.

On the other hand wonderful post but what I love it the most is the part Referred to Teresa " after all Teresa it's my beloved character.

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

I Can feel octavia's Death >...<" ... It's hard to say but with Prissy in the battlefield .... She will just get slashed just like what happened to Beth and Alicia... *Torn into pieces* But i hope that she will be killed unbrutally.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

You know, despite everything failing against Priscilla so far, I just can't get any feeling of despair, the good old 'this is hopeless, they're all going to die'. I don't know if this what Yagi is trying to do, but even if Priscilla stopped playing around and actually killed someone, I wouldn't get it. This is pretty random for me, but I recently read the latest raw for Sora no Otoshimono. For those who don't know it, it's a comedic manga with a serious subplot that rarelly appear, and has the best mood whiplash moments. Anyway, the last 4-5 chapters, the author has been offing characters everytime, and it looks like more are on the way. Maybe it's the near simultaneity, but if Yagi wants us to feel there's no happy ending, he's failing IMO.
    When you've reached the bottom, you can always dig yourself deeper - just use a shovel.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

@dany le fou:
    I totally have to agree with you. No matter how we look at things, there is no even slightly likely scenario in which the battle against Priscilla could end well, in other words she'd kill everyone, and yet I can't feel the slightest bit of tension or fear for one of my favorites dying. And, what has been mentioned before, that is mostly because I know that Deneve (and Yuma) will be Priscillas's punching bags until whatever miraculous event happens that suddenly gives them a chance to win against Priscilla.

As for the chapter itself, it's pretty much what was to be expected: Priscilla being godlike, the Ghosts failing to do anything to her (though Miria and Clare were slightly awesome) and Raki not dying. Really, die already! One of the major good points was that the three ABs already appeared this chapter, not in like 5 months or so. The end of Priscilla draws near (though we don't know how). Overall it was about 6/10. Not too bad, but not too good either.

146 will probably be wasted on Priscilla vs. AB, unless she decides that they're too annoying and just "pushes" their heads clean off, like she did with Alicia.

And Raki, die already.

kstefan88
    Interested in Roleplay?
    Whether you only want to spectate or to participate, come and join us:
    Klick me!

Quote Originally Posted by General Nele Rea Sanka
    People might forget you. People might forget what you did. But what you did will always be there.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Dark Night's Avatar
    Country
    Kenya
    Post Thanks / Like

IIRC, Irene took one look at Priscilla fighting, and gave up the No. 2 position right away. That tells me she must have realized her QS was outmatched; Priscilla just had that much raw power to begin with.

We can't really claim she wasn't strong enough back then to deal easily with the QS. We didn't get an accurate reading of what she was capable of as a warrior, seeing as the only time we saw Priscilla fighting she was facing someone leagues above her.

But that in no way means she wasn't that strong. One of her attributes is rapid growth, and the fact that she awakened into something that powerful is an indication that she was already very strong as a warrior.
    Shiro 2

16. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by number12michael View Post
    i am a bit confused when Priscilla said "you being as strong as that one" who was she talking to ?

And as for the ending i bet you Prissy absorbed Cassandras attack.
    maybe Cassandra came to her senses ? or maybe she sensed prissy and wanted to destroy her?
    She is referring to Clare.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Tempest Phoenix's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by God Eye Galatea View Post
    I can't help it, but I'm really amazed by Teresa once again while seeing Priscilla fighting with her power as a No.2 against the ghosts. As Teresa owned Priscilla along with Irene, Sophia, and Noel without breaking a sweat or releasing her yoki, and Teresa quickly disabled them. Teresa was just that much stronger. Seriously though, I feel that Irene is indeed a No.1 and might have been one of the strongest No.1 with her Quicksword, if not for freaks of nature like Teresa and Priscilla. I dare say that if Hysteria had lived long enough into Teresa's era and Priscilla's era, she would have already been demoted to No.2 and No.3 respectively.
    I'm really glad you brought this point up about Irene because I've been wanting to say something abou it for a while. I honestly believe hat Irene would have been regarded as one of the top 8, in fact I'd be willing to be she would have been resurrected over probably Hysteria, because of her Quicksword and how well she controlled it. I mean, sure she had great baselines, but as shown with Cassandra technique can trump all of that, and the Quicksword is the best sword technique in the series. Just think about a fight between the Dust Eater and the Quicksword, hitting an opponent that moves across the ground in ways that make it near impossible to land a hit isn't an issue when you're simultaneously swinging your sword in every direction. The same could be applied to the Phantom or Elegance, if they're moving so fast it looks like they're stepping through you to attack form behind, you're not really going to care when your attack speed either matches or outclasses their's. Heck, Rafaela, a number 1 in her own right, was warned to be careful of a one-armed Irene purely because of how devastating her technique is (and, though not definitive, her baselines are shown to be pretty much equal to Rafaela's).

19. Like 6 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast