Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma
New Reply

Thread: Hashwald and Ginjou's Swords

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member deadsuit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hashwald and Ginjou's Swords

Anyone else think their swords look very much the same? Mostly the hilt, ginjous gets wider but they really do look similiar. Ideas?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member eefrit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: hashwald and ginjou

Both are broadswords, that's about it. That's kinda like comparing Zanpakuto because they are all katana, just with different tsuba and hilts.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: hashwald and ginjou

Yeah you may be right. These are just the only two swords tht look like this that I can think of though. Ginjous backstory have yet to be explained. Then again so do a ton of other characters backstories..

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member exacta's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hashwald and Ginjou's Swords

I don't think their swords are related, they just happen to both have a sort of Western design to them. However, I will say that Ginjou's cross immediately makes me think of Quincy. We know nothing about his backstory except that he used to be a substitute shinigami and gave up his position, which honestly tells us nothing about himself or what happened. We don't know what kind of person he was back then, how he became a shinigami in the first place, how he ended up finding out he was being monitored, what the hell he was doing before the Xcution arc, etc. And most importantly we don't know where he got that necklace from and why it's important enough to him to become his Fullbring. I have a feeling that it might not be a coincidence that Kugo's backstory wasn't explained in the Xcution arc and he is now reappearing in an arc about Quincy. His role in Bleach might be made a lot more clear this arc.

5. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes I also hope we will get more info on Ginjou and his backstory! It would be really interested if he is connected to Quincy in some way. Would be also interesting if he has some Quincy blood in him.
    Also it is really interesting how he became Shinigami and how he got to know about Isshin and Ichigo's family.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member exacta's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge D. Dragon View Post
    Yes I also hope we will get more info on Ginjou and his backstory! It would be really interested if he is connected to Quincy in some way. Would be also interesting if he has some Quincy blood in him.
    Also it is really interesting how he became Shinigami and how he got to know about Isshin and Ichigo's family.
    Maybe he does have Quincy blood in him, which is why Soul Society didn't trust him. I really do want to know what his story is....Ginjou was an interesting character but the ending to his arc was so rushed that looking back we really know nothing about him. I can't believe Ichigo didn't even confront Ukitake about it. I really want to see the relationship between Ukitake and Ginjou explored more too.

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by exacta View Post
    Maybe he does have Quincy blood in him, which is why Soul Society didn't trust him. I really do want to know what his story is....Ginjou was an interesting character but the ending to his arc was so rushed that looking back we really know nothing about him. I can't believe Ichigo didn't even confront Ukitake about it. I really want to see the relationship between Ukitake and Ginjou explored more too.

I think that being part Hollow and extraordinary strength was a main factor. He can be a part Quincy, I can't prove he can't. But G13 knew nothing about Ichigo being a Quincy or about GT, so I don't think they would have known about Ginjo being a Quincy if he had been in SS.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Notak's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by exacta View Post
    I don't think their swords are related, they just happen to both have a sort of Western design to them. However, I will say that Ginjou's cross immediately makes me think of Quincy. We know nothing about his backstory except that he used to be a substitute shinigami and gave up his position, which honestly tells us nothing about himself or what happened. We don't know what kind of person he was back then, how he became a shinigami in the first place, how he ended up finding out he was being monitored, what the hell he was doing before the Xcution arc, etc. And most importantly we don't know where he got that necklace from and why it's important enough to him to become his Fullbring. I have a feeling that it might not be a coincidence that Kugo's backstory wasn't explained in the Xcution arc and he is now reappearing in an arc about Quincy. His role in Bleach might be made a lot more clear this arc.
    Yes it is interesting... With the way Kubo fills in gaps, I imagine he could even have been Isshin's buddy or something. Even if Isshin didn't seem to react back then. After all no one reacted to Isshin it seems, so it could be "retconned".
    Seems Ginjo doesn't have a gigai though as he hasn't really aged.

Really curious about him in this arc.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Depending on how long ago ginjou was a sub shinigami he could have something to do soft ukitake's illness.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lee.J.Baxter's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't say I'm 100% on this, but you guys could be on to something regarding Kugo being a Quincy. If Kugo's mother was a Quincy (thus meaning Kugo is a Quincy too), it would increase the likelyhood of her being attacked by a Hollow whilst she was pregnant with Kugo. By extension, it could be that some (or all) of the other Fullbringers are Quincies too. Interestingly, if this is the case, we've found a way in which Quincies can be born with immunity to Hollows...
    Last edited by Lee.J.Baxter; November 26, 2013 at 06:22 AM.
    Predictions
    • Just as Quincies are evolved beings born from Humans, Shinigami are evolved beings born from Hollows.
    • Once Yhwach dies, Ichigo's Quincy powers will disappear and his soul will become unstable, causing the onset of Soul Suicide.
    • Yhwach isn't going to be the final antagonist.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Notak's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lee.J.Baxter View Post
    I wouldn't say I'm 100% on this, but you guys could be on to something regarding Kugo being a Quincy. If Kugo's mother was a Quincy (thus meaning Kugo is a Quincy too), it would increase the likelyhood of her being attacked by a Hollow whilst she was pregnant with Kugo. By extension, it could be that some (or all) of the other Fullbringers are Quincies too. Interestingly, if this is the case, we've found a way in which Quincies can be born with immunity to Hollows...
    If a Quincy could be born with an immunity to Hollow "poisoning", that Quincy would be a good match to fight Ichigo. And Uryuu seems special so far. Another possible sign that Uryuu will face Ichigo?
    I mean at this point I wonder if Sternritters can even fight Ichigo, his Hollow side should be a part of his zanpakuto now so wouldn't that mean he'd "poison" them just by attacking?

New Reply