Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 489 by kewl0210 , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)

View Poll Results: Rate the Chapter

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Epic!

3 15.79%
  • Good

11 57.89%
  • Okay

5 26.32%
  • Boring...

0 0%
  • Bad

0 0%
  • Fail!

0 0%
New Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Fairy Tail 361 Discussion / 362 Predecitions

MH Senpai 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Chapter 361 Spoiler Thread

Quote Originally Posted by shuha27 View Post
    I don't care if she lost. He could have showcased her power in a better way and made her stand a chance a bit at least. She obviously wasn't thinking if all she did was summon one spirit and attack. Why not summon Loke to blind him and then attack with Scorpion and Wendy from a far?
    The problem with Loki's technique is that, if not carefully used it could blind even the people who are supporting you (i.e., Wendy in this case).

Also, Jackal was creating a 'Wall of Blast' around him in order to defend, so if he was in a situation where he couldn't see, he would just explode everything around him (kind of like how Banbietta fought when Hirako used his Sakanade on her in Bleach ch 555-556).

Plus, both Loki and Capricorn are close-combat types (if we don't count the anime), which is like a double-edge sword in the fight against Jackal because of that "Curse".

Another factor is that Lucy got easily trapped in that Enchantment, and most likely even a small movement to use magical power would have triggered it.

I believe that Jackal is not the right opponent for Lucy.

My guess is that her opponent would be either Franmalth or Ki-Su. While i believe that Wendy's (along with Chelia) opponent would be Seira.

Quote Originally Posted by EclipseHunter View Post
    I barely remember that old guy. The reason I see it as pathetic because I feel that it's completely different from the regular message of family and turning bad guys into good kind of thing. As someone who got into the council, I was expecting a little more like that guy with the bat on his head that dead. A little more dignity but the old man goes around begging people and willingly putting innocent people in danger which is totally against what I expected from someone who was suppose to regulate mages.
    Even if he was a Magic Council member, we have to remember that in a way he is just a Politician and nothing more, and held the notion that whatever they do is right and what everybody else do is wrong. And as we know, in politics there are only a few people who have dignity to truly help other even at the cost of there own lives.

Also their are some freaks who get hold of high power (in our real life) and went on to think that they are the most important of all people of the world and are willing to sacrifice others for their own life, so why wouldn't that happen in story.

Plus just like Jackal pointed out, what would one expect from a man who left his own granddaughter behind and ran away. If a person can't think of saving their own bloods life, then how could we consider him to save the others.
    Last edited by Shadow Limiter; November 22, 2013 at 07:20 AM.

2. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner mcwhirlpoolinc's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

So did anyone else laugh when Natsu came with that elbow to the neck on Jackal?

mangastream's translation:
    http://readms.com/r/fairy_tail/361/2155/1
    http://www.youtube.com/mcwhirlpoolinc

Here's a list of manga's I review: Hunter x Hunter (when out)
    One Piece,Toriko,D.Gray-Man (when out),Shingeki no Kyojjin/AttackonTitan,OnePunch-Man (arc reviews)
    Beelzebub,BASTARD!! (when out),Akame Ga Kiru,Magi the Labyrinth of Magic,Naruto,Bleach,Vinland Saga
    Claymore,Nanatsu no Taizai,UQ Holder!

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure Natsu's strategy is a particularly effective long-term approach. At least we got to see the girls in some action. Although, I don't get why Lucy so frequently doesn't particularly go out with her attacks, she's shown that she's more than capable of summoning multiple spirits, so why is it that even in such situations she holds back? The most interesting thing for me was the mention of 'Enchatment', I'm curious to see what the distinctions are between the two. And our useless magic councillor should've at least tried to be a tad more dignified.

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

another good chapter, not a single wasted panel

the former magic council member dissapointed me a bit, surely i would have assumed he would have said to save the pregnant girl instead of an old man like himself...

however natsu saved the day so its a moot point

i love wendy's confidence and courage, she is definitely not your average cute little loli

---------- Post added at 09:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 AM ----------

lol at blown up natsu just standing there like its all good

he can seriously take a beating, growing up with a "big-sis" figure like erza and a dragon for a father really paid off

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fairy Tail 361 Discussion / 362 Predecitions

fucking Best chapter in a while! everything was perfect, art, pace, acting etc... I'm really excited for this arc and the rest to come. I i think hiro getting his shit together for this.
    HxH chap 318 - Meruem & Komugi story analysis

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Diivil View Post
    fucking Best chapter in a while! everything was perfect, art, pace, acting etc... I'm really excited for this arc and the rest to come. I i think hiro getting his shit together for this.
    i agree , this arc is very, very high quality stuff

this is hiro's best stuff to date, which is saying alot with his body of work

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Freid's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

If I were Lucy, I definitely would have saved the pregnant woman..the ex-councillor's hooting and hollering about how he is more valuable to the world would have only made my decision easier.
    Predictions: Smoker | One Piece
    Why So Serious?

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Freid View Post
    If I were Lucy, I definitely would have saved the pregnant woman..the ex-councillor's hooting and hollering about how he is more valuable to the world would have only made my decision easier.
    But how do you know the woman was really pregnant and not lying her ass off because she's a woman? Jackal said humans are ugly on the inside, this is true, when it comes to life and death for some they're willing to lie to save their-self or an loved one as they watch a stranger die. Also they need the councilor guy to say what Faith is, still not a easy choice.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Freid View Post
    yes that guy was selfish and annoying, a bit of a douche honestly

15. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

I am must have to say the start of this arc was much more promising than the last few chapters.... This chapter was for me 1 of the worst ones in Fairy Tail actually. I mean every1 gets Natsu is great but this chapter could be mcu better if Wendy and Lucy did something. They are doing nothing and I expected things to change a little bit after the tournament and the village arc.....

Only thing I kinda like is that councilor to get K.Oed.....

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Impossibility View Post
    I'm not sure Natsu's strategy is a particularly effective long-term approach. At least we got to see the girls in some action. Although, I don't get why Lucy so frequently doesn't particularly go out with her attacks, she's shown that she's more than capable of summoning multiple spirits, so why is it that even in such situations she holds back? The most interesting thing for me was the mention of 'Enchatment', I'm curious to see what the distinctions are between the two. And our useless magic councillor should've at least tried to be a tad more dignified.
    i agree , however i have a feeling he will pull a yoshi from mario brothers again and gain a new power from eating these explosions

it would be totally kick ass for natsu to harness this explosion power

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought it was a nice chapter.
    And Lucy didn't summon more spirits because she needed a spirit with a ranged attack.
    She could summon the archer but he's kinda weak and not agile.
    I think she made the right choice but summoning that scorpion.

But did Natsu eat the explosion of it's arm or something?

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SerpentTailedAngel's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DemonKing888 View Post
    But how do you know the woman was really pregnant and not lying her ass off because she's a woman? Jackal said humans are ugly on the inside, this is true, when it comes to life and death for some they're willing to lie to save their-self or an loved one as they watch a stranger die. Also they need the councilor guy to say what Faith is, still not a easy choice.
    I sincerely hope that was just poor word choice.

This chapter was kind of... a let down? I wouldn't have been surprised if Natsu got back up right away, but when he didn't and Lucy and Wendy spilt, I was really hoping to see Lucy take over. I bet she could have pulled off some cool tricks with Aquarius. Like, thrown the key while summoning, so it would land in the water before the hostages were taken (and so she could get punished later for tossing the key), and then Aquarius could have rushed the guy with water before he had a chance to make anything go boom. All of his explosions so far have seemed fiery, so unless he has another trick he forgot to mention, so taking the fight underwater could have worked well...

Fingers crossed that she'll still try something like that to help Natsu fight.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I wish Lucy would have decided a second earlier and let the council member die, what a piece of shit. He deserves hell for what he has done to his granddaughter and wanted to do to the citizen.
    Firm but Fair

21. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SerpentTailedAngel View Post
    I sincerely hope that was just poor word choice
    No no not in a sexiest remark as in women lie, but as in how do we no she's not lying to save her own skin. look at Jackal's comment.

"see? I'm about to show you how truly ugly all humans are on the inside.."
    http://readms.com/r/fairy_tail/361/2155/16

I think he meant watch how fast they'll lie to make you save one of them.

New Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast