Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply

Thread: Sketch Thread

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Gintama Sketch Thread

Well I was talking to some guy who wanted to see my art.
    However as I have never posted my art online, I decided to sketch a drawing in order for said guy to see my art style.
    That being said, I thought it would be a good idea for a thread so , you know,
    everyone can show their art.

So here's one I made in my spare time, took about 5-10 mins in total, more or less. I'll draw a full body later.

Last edited by Dreadmoon; November 21, 2013 at 05:28 PM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sketch Thread

In case you are not working with somebody else already, I would be interested to work in collaboration with you. I live in Virginia, US, and we do have comic/manga publishers.
    I am a college student, and I'm majoring in game design. However, I've always wanted to write/draw a manga, but soon figured out it was a bunch of work if I had to do all by myself. I'm pretty good at drawing and I can adapt to various styles, buy my offer is to write the story, have you draw the scenes for a couple of pages, and then I could add the details, and finally edit it on Photoshop to give it the final touch.
    What d you say? Do you want to do this? If so, message me at wazb_dex@yahoo.com and I will be glad to share my story and also some of my art.

By the way, I did a little something with your drawing. I think you might like. But, how can I display a picture here? and also, would you mind sharing your email with me? Use PM.
    Last edited by Jhoseps200; December 18, 2013 at 02:55 PM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

I recommend Manga Studio over Photoshop if you're going to do stuff digitally (presuming you're going for a traditional manga look) because it's just so much easier to work with in this genre.

If you're going for a general comic feel and aren't particularly bothered if it looks like Japanese manga, then it's fine, Photoshop's diversity will be better for you.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by blade5468 View Post
    I recommend Manga Studio over Photoshop if you're going to do stuff digitally (presuming you're going for a traditional manga look) because it's just so much easier to work with in this genre.

If you're going for a general comic feel and aren't particularly bothered if it looks like Japanese manga, then it's fine, Photoshop's diversity will be better for you.
    hey bro! Thank you soo much for the feedback! I honestly appreciate it tons. However, I want to show you what I did with his drawing with Photoshop. It turned out pretty good. And I will try it anyways. It might just be what I'm looking for. Thank you soo much, again.
    (would you mind sharing your email so I can send you the image file?) you can PM it.
    Last edited by Jhoseps200; December 18, 2013 at 02:56 PM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner bossx5's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

That's pretty amazing
    Challengers. Ar a thausand years to early

New Reply