Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 754 by cnet128 , Bleach 590 by cnet128 , Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: [Featured] Power Level Discussions

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Toby_Temple's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

The Breaker [Featured] Power Level Discussions

LOL ppl really need to stop thinking he's grand master level like Shik & Kwon.

I find your lack of faith(despite several evidence available since The Breaker) disturbing.

It's like Shioon facing Chang-ho...it made Shioon look like some type of master level even before we got character confirmation that shioon was a master level fighter that we hear now almost constantly...

I would like to see the rationalization behind such an absurd comparison.

If ppl still dont see it, it's like fighting your 4yo bro when you are 16 yo and have had martial arts experience in addition. Would you even pose in stance? heck no, you'll probably close your eyes and take him down without even using much of anything on your body.

That comparison would be apt for the scene where Kwon clusteruberfucks those costume wearing thugs of SUC.

Look, if Kwon was never mentioned to be a grand master, you would say the same thing about him after seeing him trash Smug Face.
    NO to KUROSAKI ICHIGO USING a BOW!!!

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ish3's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Breaker New Waves 138 Discussion / 139 Predictions

Kang sung is strong def master level and beyond he and gmr are definitely pretty even in strength. Neither have pulled grandmaster level feats even with bot. Shit shioon has done more feats then gmr and he's so much stronger.

It's honestly a wait and see moment we don't know how strong gmr or kang sung is. We have an idea it's all speculation but let's not jump the gun. As powerful as they are neither have pulled the same top tier techs nor power as Kwon or Shik. Until we see otherwise it's all wishful thinking. Of course if anyone is close to grandmaster level it's chun woo but who knows. I hope they fight even for a second it should be good.
    Mr. Wonderland
    Psn: verbalinter39

myanimelist.net/Ishmael

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member bighawke5's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Toby_Temple View Post
    LOL ppl really need to stop thinking he's grand master level like Shik & Kwon.

I find your lack of faith(despite several evidence available since The Breaker) disturbing.

It's like Shioon facing Chang-ho...it made Shioon look like some type of master level even before we got character confirmation that shioon was a master level fighter that we hear now almost constantly...

I would like to see the rationalization behind such an absurd comparison.

If ppl still dont see it, it's like fighting your 4yo bro when you are 16 yo and have had martial arts experience in addition. Would you even pose in stance? heck no, you'll probably close your eyes and take him down without even using much of anything on your body.

That comparison would be apt for the scene where Kwon clusteruberfucks those costume wearing thugs of SUC.

[B'Look, if Kwon was never mentioned to be a grand master, you would say the same thing about him after seeing him trash Smug Face.[/B]
    Lack of faith has nothing to do with the evidence. We know that he's not known as a grand master and thats fact. Otherwise his soldiers would have mentioned it, other people would have mentioned it, And lets say he really was a grand master level but never mentioned, some murium people would have at least mentioned GMR being Grand master level leading us to believe that Kang could be as well. BUT guess what? thats not the case!
    I could have just said that but your reply just now made it not really necessary as I would be wasting my time.

What rationalization? go back and read the chapter where Shioon was stuck on the roof with Nerd-kun and how he fodderized the SUC fodder as well as Chang-ho...had you not known anything about The breaker or Shioon and had started reading from that point, you'd have thought he was some super skilled fighter with all the shit he pulled...and thought it was BS that he lost to SHIK and probably downgraded to lose. BUT we know his skills relative to every thing we've seen thus far he was still not there yet. simple as that. Even though his little skirmish with the SUC fodder made him look ace!

Fighting a much weaker opponent will make you look ACE! take that as my rationalization or whatever you want, its clear as day to see they were much inferior to him even GMR insinuated they'd have no chance at all.

Now why don't you rationalize why you think he's Grand master level since it hasn't been stated and just because you're MAA chief doesn't make you a grand master level.

Every time a grand master was show (two thus far) they were revealed to be grand masters. It wasn't hidden. The first time we saw Kwon in action in that same chapter it was revealed by the author. Same with Shik who was revealed even before he fought. We've seen kang sung talked about how many times again? since part 1? Nothing further need be said.
    come discuss again when they are insinuated being near grand master class, otherwise its just wishful thinking.
    Last edited by bighawke5; November 22, 2013 at 09:37 AM.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member xbreak's Avatar
    Country
    Water Tribe
    Post Thanks / Like

This whole discussion makes no sense. At least to me.

In Breaker part 1 it is said that GMR is the strongest. And that Kang Sung aka 3AD is closest to him in skill. No mention of grandmasters there though.

So 9AD has to be stronger than a Grandmaster! It makes no sense to say he is the strongest, but there are at least ten guys stronger then him! I bet some of the old guys who were beaten in part 1 were in fact grandmasters.

So my conclusion is that Kang Sung is a level above grandmaster (,which is probably an honoury title given to old murim masters,) but still weaker than GMR. And most GMs are probably very old and weaker than Elder Kwon or the GM doctor.

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ish3 View Post
    Kang sung is strong def master level and beyond he and gmr are definitely pretty even in strength. Neither have pulled grandmaster level feats even with bot. Shit shioon has done more feats then gmr and he's so much stronger.

It's honestly a wait and see moment we don't know how strong gmr or kang sung is. We have an idea it's all speculation but let's not jump the gun. As powerful as they are neither have pulled the same top tier techs nor power as Kwon or Shik. Until we see otherwise it's all wishful thinking. Of course if anyone is close to grandmaster level it's chun woo but who knows. I hope they fight even for a second it should be good.
    there is so much wrong with what you are saying. What defines a grand master feat. Are you seriously suggesting that GMR hasn't done those. You are just choosing to ignore them for example:

http://www.mangahere.com/manga/the_b...9/c063/14.html

creating the largest seismic step ever seen by any user

http://www.mangahere.com/manga/the_breaker/v09/c064/

Killing a master with one blow and knocking his head off

http://www.mangahere.com/manga/the_b...09/c063/9.html

creating sound so loud, its force pushes the helicopter away with ease

you are choosing to ignore GMRs overwhelming strength.

Not to mention the fact the kwon's feats are used against pushovers (lowest of the low minions). I have come to the realization that the reason we could not see kwon's attacks were because they were being shown from the perspective of the enemies or passerbys(shiwoon watching as kwon destroys suc minions). Do you honestly believe that 3AD or GMR would not be able to follow kwon's attacks.

to add more to the argument, the people that 3AD fought were all masters in some form based off how other murium members were handled by them. He just took down multiple masters with ease.

I actually believe that 3AD and GMR are comparable to the Strongest members of the 10 Grand masters easily.

Quote Originally Posted by bighawke5 View Post
    thank god I'm not the only one who thinks all this, I thought I was crazy lol
    Look at the explanation above.

Quote Originally Posted by xbreak View Post
    This whole discussion makes no sense. At least to me.

In Breaker part 1 it is said that GMR is the strongest. And that Kang Sung aka 3AD is closest to him in skill. No mention of grandmasters there though.

So 9AD has to be stronger than a Grandmaster! It makes no sense to say he is the strongest, but there are at least ten guys stronger then him! I bet some of the old guys who were beaten in part 1 were in fact grandmasters.

So my conclusion is that Kang Sung is a level above grandmaster (,which is probably an honoury title given to old murim masters,) but still weaker than GMR. And most GMs are probably very old and weaker than Elder Kwon or the GM doctor.
    totally agree.
    Last edited by quikie; November 22, 2013 at 10:29 AM.

8. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Now why don't you rationalize why you think he's Grand master level since it hasn't been stated and just because you're MAA chief doesn't make you a grand master level.

You really have no idea what you are blabbering about.

Goomonryong is not even called a master. So he isn't beyond the level of a master?

Lack of faith has nothing to do with the evidence. We know that he's not known as a grand master and thats fact.

Learn to read and comprehend: Grand Master level != Grand Master.

One who is not CALLED a master does not necessarily mean he/she CANNOT match an actual master.
    Last edited by Toby_Temple; November 22, 2013 at 11:03 AM.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity kidopitz27's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Power Level Discussions

the Chapter discussion thread is becoming off topic so i will put here the discussions about the power levels in the breaker

what can i say about the power levels are this

Chun Woo Han's existence is beyond the levels of martial arts that means he is on his own

Kang Sung is a Master but not yet a Grand Master but he is nearly there

Hyuk So Chun was a prodigy that exist only every 100 years in murim maybe he has a chance to become a Grand Master at the young age

Lee Shioon is on another level in league of Chun Woo Han but his existence in the murim world is somewhat not known i think because of the fact that a lot of murim-ins thinks that his martial arts is gone

in terms of power level rankings here is mine

1. Chun Woo Han
    2. 10 Grand Masters
    3. Kang Sung
    4. Elders of a clan or schools
    5. Hyuk So Chun
    6. 4 Supernovas
    7. SUC Captains except Melon-chan and goth Girl
    ???? - Shioon (we don't know what Shioon is capable of)
    Last edited by kidopitz27; November 22, 2013 at 11:14 AM.

OMG TWO VILEPLUME

100% sure that Zoro already surpassed mihawk! 10/06/10

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Power Level Discussions

There are readers who are too enamored of the title master and grand master, missing the fact that there are murims who are already master level, even grand master level based on martial arts skill alone.

Like Dokhengrang/Lone Wolf. Anybody calling him master? No? So he's fodder trash among the murim? Didn't think so.

Even 9AD refered to Glasses Dude as a hidden master- type after their first skirmish.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kidopitz27 View Post
    the Chapter discussion thread is becoming off topic so i will put here the discussions about the power levels in the breaker

what can i say about the power levels are this

Chun Woo Han's existence is beyond the levels of martial arts that means he is on his own

Kang Sung is a Master but not yet a Grand Master but he is nearly there

Hyuk So Chun was a prodigy that exist only every 100 years in murim maybe he has a chance to become a Grand Master at the young age

Lee Shioon is on another level in league of Chun Woo Han but his existence in the murim world is somewhat not known i think because of the fact that a lot of murim-ins thinks that his martial arts is gone

in terms of power level rankings here is mine

1. Chun Woo Han
    2. 10 Grand Masters
    3. Kang Sung
    4. Elders of a clan or schools
    5. Hyuk So Chun
    6. 4 Supernovas
    7. SUC Captains except Melon-chan and goth Girl
    ???? - Shioon (we don't know what Shioon is capable of)

I think you are really underestimating 3AD. The air of superiority this man gives off is astounding. Throughout the breaker and the new waves, the author gave you little doubt that this man is GMR's spiritual rival. To be honest, I really think only the strongest of the GM stand a chance against 3AD( like kwon). Basically out of all 10 grandMasters, i believe only 2 or 3 would put up a decent fight against 3AD, the rest would be crushed.

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Let me just destroy this ridiculous statement:

Quote Originally Posted by bighawke5 View Post

Every time a grand master was show (two thus far) they were revealed to be grand masters. It wasn't hidden. The first time we saw Kwon in action in that same chapter it was revealed by the author. Same with Shik who was revealed even before he fought. We've seen kang sung talked about how many times again? since part 1? Nothing further need be said.

come discuss again when they are insinuated being near grand master class, otherwise its just wishful thinking.
    http://www.mangapanda.com/530-44009-...hapter-53.html

See that part that says: Kangsung Daesahyung, who is a Samoonryong, is at the edge of becoming like a god in martial arts.

Gee! I wonder how many can be considered almost a god in martial arts in the murim world? Hmmm...

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

the question we need to ask what is the meaning of these?

MASTER and GRAND MASTER

in some kung-fu movies or manga and adding the aspect of 1 foot on the grave it means masters of each school fight for supremacy

Grand Master is the one that created that techs that means he is the inventor and originator of a tech and they are already dead because of old age
    -------> or in some cases he is a master that still lives and upgraded some techs to it's highest potentials

Master is a practitioner of martial arts that mastered all the techs of the school he is attending or studying under a Grand Master(if he is still alive)
    -----> or in some cases a Master is the one that teach martial arts

Don't really know if i'am correct on this definitions

in the Breaker World it seems confusing :P

because in the wiki there are terms they use "MASTER, REAL MASTER , GRAND MASTER" and that is really confusing

Old + more experience in fighting = Real Master (Kang-Sung)

Old Master + More Exp = Grand Master? (10 Grand Masters)

Young + less experience = Master (Ha-il , Jinie Kwon)

Young + Prodigy + more experience in fighting = Real Master (Hyuk So-Chun)

Young + More Exp in fighting = Real Master (Super Novas)

Young + Prodigy + Less exp in fighting = Master (Lee Shioon)

OMG TWO VILEPLUME

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member syx's Avatar
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

When talking about power levels, I think it's wrong to put someone who doesn't hold the title of a Grand Master automatically below that level. The reason why I say so is because the requirements to obtain said title is very vague for now. We literally know nothing about it. It's not like a committee hands out an updated list of Grand Masters every day/week/month/year/decade.

We simply don't know...
    • ...if the number of Grand Masters are fixed - in this case 10 - or variable.
    • ...if one can lose her/his title during his lifetime. And even if that is the case, how can she/he lose the title?
    • ...if one can challenge a Grand Master for her/his title.
    • ...if one has to display specific performances or achieve a form of accomplishment.
    • ...if there is some sort of tournament, where you can achieve such title.
    The list could go on forever. What I want to point out is that depending on the answers it's possible that there can be several people who are indeed Grand Master level or above, yet never achieved the title officially. Or it's the other way around, which means everyone who doesn't hold the title of a Grand Master is inferior to such.

My opinion about Kang Sung and Chun Woo Han:
    The impression I got from them throughout the series - be it by feats, position, title and hype - is that they both are at least Grand Master level.

Furthermore I would advise everyone to take this subject more relaxed. The discussion here seems to get a little bit heated. There is no reason for that.
    • ⁞ Avatar by xhunter924 ⁞ Signature by ThePowha ⁞ •

• ⁞ Tower of God Section136th FloorToG Section's Lighthouse ⁞ •

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

and maybe the Grand Master title is more like an Emeritus Title to the Martial Artist (Old) who changed the murim officially

OMG TWO VILEPLUME

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ish3's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by quikie View Post
    there is so much wrong with what you are saying. What defines a grand master feat. Are you seriously suggesting that GMR hasn't done those. You are just choosing to ignore them for example:

http://www.mangahere.com/manga/the_b...9/c063/14.html

creating the largest seismic step ever seen by any user

http://www.mangahere.com/manga/the_breaker/v09/c064/

Killing a master with one blow and knocking his head off

http://www.mangahere.com/manga/the_b...09/c063/9.html

creating sound so loud, its force pushes the helicopter away with ease

you are choosing to ignore GMRs overwhelming strength.

Not to mention the fact the kwon's feats are used against pushovers (lowest of the low minions). I have come to the realization that the reason we could not see kwon's attacks were because they were being shown from the perspective of the enemies or passerbys(shiwoon watching as kwon destroys suc minions). Do you honestly believe that 3AD or GMR would not be able to follow kwon's attacks.

to add more to the argument, the people that 3AD fought were all masters in some form based off how other murium members were handled by them. He just took down multiple masters with ease.

I actually believe that 3AD and GMR are comparable to the Strongest members of the 10 Grand masters easily.

Look at the explanation above.

totally agree.
    Not even going to use examples nothing from gmr nor kang sung ever felt godly about them I re read breaker three times recently chun woo has mostly handicaps the entire story. The only time he showed immense feats similar to that of a grandmaster was when he used bot to fight all those masters and hyuk.

Honestly the sad part is we don't know how strong gmr is. He's like zoro from op to me he has the potential to be the strongest but if he was really strong handicap or not he wouldn't have had the problems he did have in the past. Frankly chun woo is not a normal master. He's young and in his prime and can still get stronger is my point. But I haven't seen the same feats that Kwon and Shik have shown period. Complete dominance towards all opponents. I haven't seen Kwon sweat have you? It's not the same. You may not want to admit it but until we see otherwise chun woo still has more work to do. As a master you should never stop training. I felt in part one he was slacking. Who knows the last time he trained he could of been even stronger. He was bidding his time to build strength to destroy mma shioon gave him the excuse to say screw it and I hope now even deluded in sorrow he does. But if you're gonna say he's shown tremendous feats against top tiers artists...without bot chun woo would have died that night.
    Mr. Wonderland
    Psn: verbalinter39

myanimelist.net/Ishmael

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ish3 View Post
    Although a little off topic you have to be honest that's what the chapter was about kang sung whooping ass and speculation towards his strength and chun woo predicting who will come on top. Didn't need to move the posts not like we'd have much else to talk about especially with how short the chapter was.
    nope they are talking about MASTER , GRAND MASTER stuff , how to become a grand master , Kang Sung not a grand master level and so on and it becomes a heated discussion so i moved it

and besides it's good to have a thread specifically for power levels because in the future we will not just talk about KANG SUNG or GMR's power levels but a lot of characters too so it's good

and also i agree on ish3's post about GMR always having a handicap and also gonna add that some of his fights are interrupted like the 3 old masters vs GMR Shiho arrived with a car and escaped and yes he hit the Te-Ul and the guy with a stick but that's because the focus of that 2 was on the car talking about that they closed all of the roads

also even if GMR's hand is not broken he could even have a hard time in the MMA building even with Shioon's KI he still got trashed by the FORMER MMA Chief until he went to BoT but that was before we don't know i he got stronger when he was with Kaiser
    Last edited by kidopitz27; November 22, 2013 at 11:23 PM.

OMG TWO VILEPLUME

New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast