Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Konomi on Twitter (Contains Spoilers)

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Konomi on Twitter (Contains Spoilers)

Konomi got himself a twitter account: https://twitter.com/konomi_takeshi

Discuss his tweets in this thread.

It seems like he will occasionally post some pages of upcoming chapters as well. It's fine to discuss those here, but the 24 hour spoiler rule applies. In other words, don't talk about those tweets outside of this thread until 24 hours after they've been posted.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Konomi on Twitter (May Contain Spoilers)

This is great. Looking foward to more Konomi work.

He's also drawing almost all of the MS in individual pages.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a feeling that photo Kaoz just posted is the next color page?
    He already gave Hyotei regulars a color page a long while ago so maybe its a another school's turn now that Konomi unfortunately scrapped the idea of MSers wearing U-17 Camp uniform

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    I have a feeling that photo Kaoz just posted is the next color page?
    He already gave Hyotei regulars a color page a long while ago so maybe its a another school's turn now that Konomi unfortunately scrapped the idea of MSers wearing U-17 Camp uniform
    Sanada actually didn't have his eyepatch, so I don't think so. But maybe Sanada eyepatch is just for show.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks like there's gonna be another flashback next month.

Spoiler show

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Is it me, or 2/3 of SPOT so far are just flashbacks? (I'm not complaining, I just find it funny )

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hardy View Post
    Is it me, or 2/3 of SPOT so far are just flashbacks? (I'm not complaining, I just find it funny )
    It's the Tokugawa vs Byodouin match. Hardy, I think you will enjoy seeing Tokugawa being destroyed lol.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Korean Kuroko's Avatar
    Country
    Puerto Rico
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh great,MORE flashbacks....Hopefully this one is really short(beginning of the chapter or something).

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Since when were flashbacks bad?

Not even have 1/5 of SPoT is flashbacks. Considering Atobe/Niou had no flashbacks either.

More importantly, the original series was packed to the brim with flashbacks.
    Let's go through Nationals matches alone,

Hirakoba/Chinen VS Fuji/Kawamura, Kikumaru VS Kai, Kaidoh/Inui VS Higa fodder, Momoshiro VS Yushi, Tezuka VS Kabaji iirc, Shishido/Ootori VS GP, Atobe VS Ryoma, Chitose VS Tachibana, Fuji VS Shiraishi, Kawamura VS Ishida, Sanada VS Tezuka, Fuji VS Niou, Yukimura VS Ryoma.
    That's like every other match or even more.

Flashbacks is nothing new to the series. Its just that it can be difficult for some due to the monthly release.
    I personally loved these flashbacks though. Isn't it a lot better that Tokugawa finally gets given the depth he deserves instead of remaining the bratty 16-17yr old bitching about getting his ass kicked by Byoudouin?
    From what I've seen so far Tokugawa is just annoying and a disappointment. Hopefully this flashback can change at least one of those views lol.

---------- Post added at 06:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:40 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by -Ken- View Post
    Sanada actually didn't have his eyepatch, so I don't think so. But maybe Sanada eyepatch is just for show.
    Good point.
    I suppose its just another cover photo from when they arrived at the camp but this time its hopefully in color?
    Whereas the other one was when Rikkai were doing a group huddle

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I see someone comlaining that Tokugawa doesn't have enough depth. And now that we're getting flashback to give him more depth, we're seeing complaints? People are hard to please.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Country
    Puerto Rico
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I see someone comlaining that Tokugawa doesn't have enough depth. And now that we're getting flashback to give him more depth, we're seeing complaints? People are hard to please.
    I...I'm....I'm sorry.

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Haha, I'm not that serious. But it is funny. Because flashback main purpose is to give more depth to the character. Oni santa flashback is why I like him so much now. I don't think I would like him half as much if not for that flashback.

Country
    Puerto Rico
    Post Thanks / Like

Haha, I'm not that serious. But it is funny. Because flashback main purpose is to give more depth to the character. Oni santa flashback is why I like him so much now. I don't think I would like him half as much if not for that flashback.
    Yeah I also hope this flashback gives Tokugawa some much needed development.The thing that troubles me is that I want to see the actual match so we get a better idea of where the story is going.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Nothing major, just parts of a couple more pages.

Spoiler show

Seems like we'll get to see Byoudouin's and Tokugawa's first match.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    Since when were flashbacks bad?

Not even have 1/5 of SPoT is flashbacks. Considering Atobe/Niou had no flashbacks either.

More importantly, the original series was packed to the brim with flashbacks.
    Let's go through Nationals matches alone,

Hirakoba/Chinen VS Fuji/Kawamura, Kikumaru VS Kai, Kaidoh/Inui VS Higa fodder, Momoshiro VS Yushi, Tezuka VS Kabaji iirc, Shishido/Ootori VS GP, Atobe VS Ryoma, Chitose VS Tachibana, Fuji VS Shiraishi, Kawamura VS Ishida, Sanada VS Tezuka, Fuji VS Niou, Yukimura VS Ryoma.
    That's like every other match or even more.

Flashbacks is nothing new to the series. Its just that it can be difficult for some due to the monthly release.
    I personally loved these flashbacks though. Isn't it a lot better that Tokugawa finally gets given the depth he deserves instead of remaining the bratty 16-17yr old bitching about getting his ass kicked by Byoudouin?
    From what I've seen so far Tokugawa is just annoying and a disappointment. Hopefully this flashback can change at least one of those views lol.
    It's not really like that. Except for Tezuka in Kyushu and Echizen in the mountains, every flashback you named (or at least the ones I remember, cause for example against Higa the only flashback I remember is the GP's, nothing else) is like 3 pages long. Konomi gave depth and personality to each of his characters without depending on flashbacks that were chapters long.

These flashbacks in SPoT are 1,2 and sometimes 3 chapters long flashbacks. It's a pain in the ass considering it's monthly. Since the moment I started following the manga (and that is, the first day I logged in) in every single match except Atobe/Niou there has been a lot of flashbacks. I'd dare to say that at least half of the chapters in that period are flashbacks.

Maybe it's because idgaf about Tokuwaga and I really wanna see what's next (yes, I want this Arc to end asap), I dunno. I'm not personally annoyed by it, it's quality, but I'd appreciate some more "future" info instead of more past, you know.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

It's not really like that. Except for Tezuka in Kyushu and Echizen in the mountains, every flashback you named (or at least the ones I remember, cause for example against Higa the only flashback I remember is the GP's, nothing else) is like 3 pages long. Konomi gave depth and personality to each of his characters without depending on flashbacks that were chapters long.
    These flashbacks in SPoT are 1,2 and sometimes 3 chapters long flashbacks. It's a pain in the ass considering it's monthly. Since the moment I started following the manga (and that is, the first day I logged in) in every single match except Atobe/Niou there has been a lot of flashbacks. I'd dare to say that at least half of the chapters in that period are flashbacks.
    Lol no way, there were very few flashbacks in the Revolution.
    The reason its feels long is that U-17 Camp is a whole new series in regards to the HSers. And technically Akutsu since he missed his chance due to being an asshole and quitting the club

Maybe it's because idgaf about Tokuwaga and I really wanna see what's next (yes, I want this Arc to end asap), I dunno. I'm not personally annoyed by it, it's quality, but I'd appreciate some more "future" info instead of more past, you know.
    I totally agree with you on this one. Like, 100%.
    I want this all to end now too. The U-17 Camp saga has been crazy.
    But I do want to understand why Tokugawa can't just move on with his life. Since this may change why I think extremely low of him.

I think Konomi's doing the right thing with getting the flashbacks and everything out of the way now as he intends to just focus on his best explosions and blasts for the Byoudouin and Ryoga matches without big interruptions of flashbacks that could kill the pace.

Am I the only one here who thinks Ryoma VS Ryoga is a retarded encounter considering Ryoga has effectively just given his opponent the key to kicking his ass?

New Reply
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast