Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 (2)
New Reply

Thread: Waratte Sotomura-San ! By MINAMORI Minamo

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member BobobVanBlob's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Waratte Sotomura-San ! By MINAMORI Minamo

Waratte! Sotomura-san

By: MINAMORI Minamo
    Genre: Comedy, School Life, Seinen, Slice of Life , 4koma
    Serialized In: Manga Home
    Publisher: Houbunsha

Quote Quote:
    Sotomura is a high-school girl who is feared as a delinquent and avoided by most students. From her light-brown hair down to her long skirt and harsh manner of speaking, she completely seems the part.

But after Sotomura rescues a girl named Haruno from some bullies, Haruno decides to try to get to know her better. Haruno is surprised to find out that Sotomura isn't a delinquent at all and is, in fact, just a very socially awkward girl that's bad with words but wants to make friends. She enjoys cooking, handicrafts, and hitting the supermarket sales. Sotomura also loves cute and fancy things, but she hides these girly traits because she feels they don't suit how she looks.

Haruno's first step in helping Sotomura is to try to teach her how to smile, because whenever she tries, it ends up as a scary grin. Thus begins the story of Sotomura's attempts to make new friends.

A really funny and light seinen, with cuteness everywhere (yup, that's a seinen, how ? I don't know). I would say, that if you enjoy(ed) "Yandere Kanojo", you can read this one... It's all about misunderstandings with the people in the High School (and well, the fact that she misunderstands people even more).

Fun facts : Natsuki Sotomura (the main character) is voiced by Sawashiro Miyuki in the drama Cds (and the anime if we get one, some day), and she voices a lot of tomboyish characters... Like Kanbaru Suruga(monogatari), Inaba (Kokoro Connect), the White Knight of maouyuu maou yuusha, Iwasawa from Angel Beats...

Yukino, Satsuki : Sotomura's mom
    Harashima, Akari : Satou-san
    Fujii, Yukiyo : the art teacher, yoshinaga sensei
    Uchida, Maaya : Haruno-san
    Kousaka, Atsushi : Mikumo, this guy is the (wannabe) funny guy, voiced by Prussia from Axis Power Hetalia

Voilà, that's it I think I didn't forget anything, and well, if I did, we can still discuss it.

Just one question for you : what did you think of chapter 49 ?
    Last edited by BobobVanBlob; January 25, 2014 at 10:18 AM.
    WAHAHA~ My anime list - - tsil agnam yM ~AHAHAW

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member BobobVanBlob's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Waratte Sotomura-San ! By MINAMORI Minamo

Okay, because I kind of like to feel alone, they released chapter 52 so the translation is still being made. (we kind of had a disappearance of the manga a few months ago).

And, that's it... Seriously, nobody reads it ? Or care about it ?
    WAHAHA~ My anime list - - tsil agnam yM ~AHAHAW

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member masgrande's Avatar
    Country
    Puerto Rico
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Waratte Sotomura-San ! By MINAMORI Minamo

Don't worry you are not alone in loving this lovable supposed delinquent. I am so glad they started releasing the new volume and I really hope Mikumo gets somewhere with Sotomura of this volume.
    please click on them to help them grow.

New Reply