Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Momonosuke as a cabin boy on the Strawhat's ship

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Momonosuke as a cabin boy on the Strawhat's ship

Any possibility of this?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Momonosuke as a cabin boy on the Strawhat's ship

momonosuke can help sanji washing the dishes

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member TheLuffySmile's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if he's not a little too young for it though. I mean he was traumatized from seeing Doflamingo's sadistic behaviour, I can only imagine what it would be like for him if he saw someone die.
    Last edited by TheLuffySmile; November 25, 2013 at 01:31 PM.
    The three brothers

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it is highly possible i think momonosuke could be a new shanks maybe luffy will give his hat after he became the P.K and die or something lol yeah momo ftw

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Nah, I doubt it. Mononosuke is IMO extremely likely to be someone of extreme importance to the samurai in wano.

Think about it... kinemon, kanjurou and some other samurai leave wano on a mission, for some reason they are going to zou. Now, why would they take mononosuke? mononosuke is a kid with no power to speak of whatsoever. Not only there is nothing he can contribute to the mission but there is the issue that there is no scenario in which he isn't a huge helpless liability. IMO, based on the current circumstances, I would argue mononosuke is the mission. It was the group's mission to take mononosuke to zou which only makes sense if for some reason there is some importance to a perverted powerless dumb brat. No clue of what the importance he has could be (most things I can think of involve kinemon lying about being the father) however I don't see any other scenario in which his presence makes sense.

Even then, why would mononosuke end up a cabin boy? So far kinemon appears to be a loving father who wants his child to have a nice respectable future. He does not appear like the sort of scum that would abandon his son to pirates or loneliness for no reason at all (like ussop's dad).

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

No, he's far too weak to be with the Straw Hats right now even as cabin boy. I mean, there were at least two occasions where someone got into the ship; if Momonosuke is told to stay back because of danger, that'd leave him open to being kidnapped or taken out.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Zeta42's Avatar
    Country
    Ukraine
    Post Thanks / Like

If he joins the crew, Sanji and/or Brook will kill him out of jealousy for groping Nami and Robin.

8. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Spenzi's Avatar
    Country
    Switzerland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta42 View Post
    If he joins the crew, Sanji and/or Brook will kill him out of jealousy for groping Nami and Robin.
    hahaha this imagination is soooooo funny!!!! i like momo and it would be cool if he'd be the cabin boy and with his special DF he is unique in his way (and he likes booobies) lol.
    22.01.2014: Vivi is going to participate the Reverie this year with King Cobra. And she'll finally join Luffy's crew.

Possible new nakama IMO:
    Kin'emon / Momonosuke / Rebecca / Bellamy / Ceaser Clown / Mancherie / Leo / Wicca / Kanjuro / Bartolomeo

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Organizized's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    No, he's far too weak to be with the Straw Hats right now even as cabin boy. I mean, there were at least two occasions where someone got into the ship; if Momonosuke is told to stay back because of danger, that'd leave him open to being kidnapped or taken out.
    To be fair, as long as he gets just a little bit stronger it's not impossible that he could make it. Remember who was a cabin boy on the ship of the last Pirate King? Well yeah, Shanks, but also Buggy. I can't say how strong Shanks was at the time, but I'm pretty damn sure Buggy was one who had to be protected constantly by the rest of the crew in the New World (kind of like I imagine he is being now that he's a Shichibukai). Now, would it be fun to see Momo join the crew just to constantly need protection from the crew? Hell no, and I hope it won't happen.

Although, the story is undoubtedly running closer and closer to the end. I think there's a limit to how late in the story Luffy can pick up crew members and give the readers a chance to connect to them. Currently he's still missing two from his ideal ten crew members, so both Kinemon and Momonosuke joining doesn't seem impossible in my eyes. The fact that Momo seems to be of some importance... Well, we hardly know anything about that. But if it comes down to that Kinemon and Kanjuro's mission was to get Momonosuke to safety or something of the like, then Luffy is sure to volunteer.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Hell no. The last thing I want is an annoying brat joining them

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zehahaha View Post
    Hell no. The last thing I want is an annoying brat joining them
    Why not? both shanks and buggy where brats when they joined GL.D. Roger ship. and for those who said that mono is weak i agree he is weak right now because he is a kid but can you imagine how strong can that kid go with all the experience he will get from the ship? plus he ate a mythical zoan fruit so yes he is weak but with great potential and i wouldnt mind at all if he would became the cabin boy at all

Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Don Chinjao View Post
    Why not? both shanks and buggy where brats when they joined GL.D. Roger ship. and for those who said that mono is weak i agree he is weak right now because he is a kid but can you imagine how strong can that kid go with all the experience he will get from the ship? plus he ate a mythical zoan fruit so yes he is weak but with great potential and i wouldnt mind at all if he would became the cabin boy at all
    He's annoying, he can't fight, he'll be a hindrance to them
    Usopp is weak, but smart, so he always managed to do something, same for Nami

But this one is a dumbass and weak, and annoying on top of that

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Spenzi's Avatar
    Country
    Switzerland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zehahaha View Post
    He's annoying, he can't fight, he'll be a hindrance to them
    Usopp is weak, but smart, so he always managed to do something, same for Nami

But this one is a dumbass and weak, and annoying on top of that
    lol stop being so rude, doh.
    Momo is funny. He is a little pervert and he is a samurai, or at least he's from Wanokuni. He has also the mythical zoan fruit dragon. He is at the moment weak, yes indeed, but he'll get stronger.

I have a weird theory: What if he really joins and then some chapters or arcs after Dressrosa arc they'll meet Jewelry Bonney and she makes him accidently or on porpuse OLDER with her DF. Imagine Momonosuke around the age of Luffy with his cool DF. BOOM SUPER DRAGON!!!!
    22.01.2014: Vivi is going to participate the Reverie this year with King Cobra. And she'll finally join Luffy's crew.

Possible new nakama IMO:
    Kin'emon / Momonosuke / Rebecca / Bellamy / Ceaser Clown / Mancherie / Leo / Wicca / Kanjuro / Bartolomeo

Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spenzi View Post
    lol stop being so rude, doh.
    Momo is funny. He is a little pervert and he is a samurai, or at least he's from Wanokuni. He has also the mythical zoan fruit dragon. He is at the moment weak, yes indeed, but he'll get stronger.

I have a weird theory: What if he really joins and then some chapters or arcs after Dressrosa arc they'll meet Jewelry Bonney and she makes him accidently or on porpuse OLDER with her DF. Imagine Momonosuke around the age of Luffy with his cool DF. BOOM SUPER DRAGON!!!!
    That won't happen, we all know it, no emotional bond with the rest of the crew, too weak to even fight against anyone now, even Usopp was more useful than him back in the days

I'm not rude, I'm just stating my opinion about a character that I certainly don't like and wouldn't mind seeing him dead, I simply don't care about that little runt

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Ace4's Avatar
    Country
    Switzerland
    Post Thanks / Like

On one hand I would find it a interesting dynamic to have a cabin boy with the crew. But I think Oda said once that Usopp will always be the weakest so the readers can relate to him. This rules Momo out the way he is. It's possible that he doesn't count as a real crewmember and only joins because Kinemon is joining to help them back for their help. Wether they are really related is open now and kudos to kkck for the nice prediction.

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast