Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (6/30/14 - 7/6/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: How should Attack on Titan End?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member ImmortalZodd's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How should Attack on Titan End?

http://www.reddit.com/r/ShingekiNoKy..._his_shocking/

Quote Quote:

The ending – you’ve said publicly that you had a specific ending for Shingeki envisioned from the start. You’re wavering with regard to that?

The plot is pretty loose, there have been new elements added, and some characters have come to life in a really unexpected way.

So the story came to life on its own, and may now get a different ending to the one you had planned from the start?

Right.

That’s a huge change. I read all your interviews to date and I came to think you had some unbelievably traumatic mega-ending all planned >out.

I’m at a loss with respect to that. At first it was going to be a traumatic ending. Like in the movie ‘Mist’ where everyone dies, I wanted to >do something like that.

Looking at all the fans who have come to support Shingeki by way of the anime, doing a criminal thing like that to them is just not >something I can do, so I can’t really think that was what I really wanted in the first place.

Ohhhh…

I’m really lost, aren’t I?
    So he pussied out of an awesome ending he had envisioned from the start? Damn..

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I've never gotten the impression that the plot in the story is actually loose. Its a bit slow lately but it does seem to have a specific direction. I would think the interview is fake.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member BobobVanBlob's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    I've never gotten the impression that the plot in the story is actually loose. Its a bit slow lately but it does seem to have a specific direction. I would think the interview is fake.
    Sauce : Please someone help us to translate all of this ^^
    WAHAHA~ My anime list - - tsil agnam yM ~AHAHAW

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member eefrit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ImmortalZodd View Post
    Not quite yet. He could write something for the anime team and the anime could have a happy ending while the manga could end bleakly. At least I hope something like that happens. I kinda want and expect the ending of this series to be as depressing and shocking as "The Mist". Now it's possible that we might get something like Gantz's "happy" ending, though with a high chance it actually being good.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ImmortalZodd View Post
    http://www.reddit.com/r/ShingekiNoKy..._his_shocking/

Apparently so. It's a real shame because an ending where everyone dies sounds like it could be amazing. I hope he's either just toying with us (unlikely because he's always too honest when discussing the future of the series) or he goes back to his original idea. I really don't want SnK to have a generic Shounen ending. That interview gives me some hope because it shows that he knows what the series is gonna do until the end(and he's got years to figure that out).

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I will list this in order of certainty...

Levi - I'm 99% sure he will die doing something extremely epic such as defeating the ape titan, or some new master titan that appears. He will make a huge advance for humanity at the cost of his life, and Eren and his squad will be left to finish the job. Sad to say cause he's my favorite character. But I'm so certain he will die.

Armin - Certain Armin will live through this. He's the dark horse of this story lol.. I believe he has been narrating it this whole time. (well he definitely is in the Anime). I'm sure Eren and Mikasa may die saving him or something. Armin will grow old to tell this story and that will basically be the anime/manga that we're watching.

Christa&Ymir - I'm putting them together because I think they will both die together. During another epic excursion, these two will become lost in their own world and almost sacrifice themself for each other. Or choose to die together and be forever in peace.

Eren - I'm still not sure whether to believe he lives or dies but personally, I want to see him die. lol I'm not evil just it would be fair that he dies after saving the world. He can't defeat all the titans AND live. It's either gotta be he defeats the titans and dies or he doesn't defeat the titans but lives or something.

Irvin- He will either go evil and be the unexpected enemy of this entire series or retire and grow old then die off far after the story from disease or homocide.

Mikasa - She will live, but Armin will outlive her. She will make it past the story but idk somethign will happen after.

Sasha&Connie - Both could live and have peaceful lives after aot, or one can die. I'm really not sure.

Jean - I know I said everyone else already gon die but I feel like Jean has to die as well. Or perhaps he can become the unexpected hero and finish the job that Eren was supposed to do.

Hanji - She'll probably live and become a high military ranking or something of high respect.

These are bad predictions but it's all I got for now lol

Jean x Mikasa

*Signature&profile photos do not belong to me, I do not know the original makers*

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

1st post
    Mikasa confesses her love to Eren, Eren is finally mature enough to understand her love,
    they have smexi time together. Mikasa gets pregnant. Eren and Mikasa are sleeping when
    suddenly a Collasal Armored Fire Supereme Chuck Norris Ape Titan appears outa nowhere.
    Eren dies protecting Mikasa and the unborn. Eren manages to take down the Titan with his special move- suicide nuclear explosion. Mikasa raises the child.
    Yeh... Or...
    Eren and his mighty bum chums find a portal leading to the Titan homeworld where the Titan God King is resting there.
    Eren kills the Titan God King but in the process loses his Titan Shifting Powers (Much like Ichigo vs Aizen)
    Levi dies defeating a bunch of Titan boss ape people...
    Erwin and Pixis die fighting a Titan horde.
    Mikasa defeats her Titan horde and sees Eren defeating the Titan King Godzilla.
    Armin helps Eren by giving him special tactics to kill the Titan God King Shinigami.

AND yeh... The titan god king is dead, no more titans.
    GG no RE

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ladylola's Avatar
    Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

Remember that dream Eren was having before the Titans attack? The one where he sees Mikasa with short hair, even though her hair in normally long. Well I always thought it was a premonition, but what if these are actually memories? My guess is in the end everyone dies and Mikasa tries to protect Eren and buy him some time, then he somehow goes back in time to prevent these things from happening.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

it would be awesome if humanity lost and the titans factions won. The "good guys" are always winning. I think it would be a major turn of events and very refreshing if humanity lost.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ladylola's Avatar
    Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by royalq View Post
    it would be awesome if humanity lost and the titans factions won. The "good guys" are always winning. I think it would be a major turn of events and very refreshing if humanity lost.
    Actually I don't see humanity winning. I have this feeling that the apparition of Titans is something humanity brought on itself by conducting some kind of experiment, and it backfired at them. Humanity is not as good as one might think.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i hope it ends with eren's sacrifice giving humanity some time to prepare for an imminent future attack or whatever/provide a glimmer of hope somehow.. and this entire time we have been hearing about eren and em was just a story being passed down from one generation to the next.

then the series doesn't really "conclude" with the eradication of humanity/titans and maybe an open world mmorpg can pick off from where the story ends

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Nanozom's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it will end with one final epilogue, where we see Eren and Mikasa on a field, having won and yet lost the war with the titans in obliterating them and resulted in mankind´s extinction.
    Oh, bonus points is that he is the last human being alive and with Mikasa who is dying, the rest have either been turned to mindless titans or eaten. or killed.
    He holds her in his arms as life slowly drains from her pale cheeks.
    The last thing he has left in the world.
    To escape the complete destruction of mankind´s memory soul and existence.
    As a final resort he willingly plans to transforms himself one last time, this time permanently.
    The titans are gone, mankind is gone...
    Before he do, he make sure that Mikasa spend her last moments in peace and promise her that they will meet again on the other side.
    She is reassured with this and her final words are "See you later, Eren..."
    And the last ember of life fades out as her body goes limb.
    He cries, alone in a world devoid of mankind or other titans.
    And to save humanity he dreams as even one human soul, one titan, would be enough proof that Mankind hadn´t lost.
    all that is left is Eren, the world´s last immortal titan, carrier of the last and final evidence of mankind´s existence for the further and forever stuck in the "Titan Lotus" (Or whatever the dream state all mindless titans are in. the one he entered when he was going to lift the boulder.)
    And then the dream start over in a endless loop to where he woke up under the tree.
    It turns out that we have been seeing a titan´s dream all along and he is forever forced to relive his life without the ability to change a single thing.
    The chronicle of Eren, the Last Titan.
    Completing the cycle.
    This is my theory of it.
    Last edited by Nanozom; January 05, 2014 at 12:03 PM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Nirduna's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

All I want is Mikasa and Eren hold each other and saying that they love each one. If they die or survive after that dosn't really matter.
    <a href=http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic183481_1.gif target=_blank>http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signat...ic183481_1.gif</a>

Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DarkLordOfKichiku's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, I don't have many ideas for what the ending should look, like, I only have some hopes... Such as that we'll not be treated to an outright downer ending. I'm fine if it turn out to be a bit of a bittersweet ending, I'm fine with whatever victory they score in the end being a somewhat phyrric one, I'm fine with many of the characters dying (althrough at least one or two should survive it), Mankind taking a serve beating, etc... But not an outright downer ending and that's pretty much all I hope for...

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner ToriLynn's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

plot twist: Armin is behind everything

---------- Post added at 01:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:13 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Necron View Post
    The other ending would be pretty dramatic and tragic, with most of the main cast dying on the way to the answer to win the war. Eren would then face more times of depression and despair, feeding his hatred against the titans. Mikasa would probably give her life for him (making way for a potential romantic moment before her death). And I would expect Armin to be one of the few who survive, even though there would be a moment where he'd want to sacrifice himself, Eren would give him some last words and send him away. Armin would then live both of their dreams when he finally get's to see what a peaceful life in the outside world is.
    This ending has a similiar tone as what you prupose, but I doubt that it will be this horrible.
    i'm not gonna lie... i cried a little bit reading this...

---------- Post added at 01:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by N1kki View Post
    Armin - Certain Armin will live through this. He's the dark horse of this story lol.. I believe he has been narrating it this whole time. (well he definitely is in the Anime). I'm sure Eren and Mikasa may die saving him or something. Armin will grow old to tell this story and that will basically be the anime/manga that we're watching.
    you totally caught me off guard there. that would explain why Armin is the narrator!!! :O

---------- Post added at 01:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:21 PM ----------

i like how everyone has the same idea of Armin surviving and exploring the world. and the best part is we all know that's going to happen for sure XD

New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast