Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: How should Attack on Titan End?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner RIplian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How should Attack on Titan End?

Don't really mind much else so long as Historia marries Ymir before the end.

As for the ending, I'm guessing of the trio, only Armin makes it, with Mikasa dying while defending Eren from Super Duper Ultra God Creator That is Messing With Everyone Because Control is Fun That We Haven't Heard of Yet. Then Eren pulls an Aerith and saves the day while sacrificing himself to whatever passes as a lifestream here.

What I would like to see is Historia being manipulated/tricked/turncoated by her dad to help them assert their power under the promise of allowing Ymir to come back. Reiss explains his objective, Historia agrees, and Eren gets to hear it all since they figure they will kill him soon anyway. Whatever it is is so shocking that it really shakes Eren up. Cue entrance of Levi attack squad. Eren gets free, gets pinned down inside the walls while Scout Legion peeps die, gets extremely desperate, and then resorts to freeing Annie (using some sort of Coordinate ability), and convinces her to help him somehow (maybe with his p*$%#, or something equally as great).

Eren's new mission would be to kill off the enemies on both sides while bringing whoever was willing together, and then bringing everything to balance -or at least killing everyone that would risk human extinction. Cue death. Boom.

But what will really happen will probably be:
    1- this series drags on with continual plot blocks, new big bads, and even more questions until nobody cares after Chapter 256.
    2- a super plot twist where everything is an test made by high tech futuristic society for the lulz of the general population.
    3- they eventually make like the mistranslated title and invade the Titan Shifter land and kill them all. Oh, and in a twist, the main settlement is called "Titan."
    Last edited by RIplian; July 16, 2014 at 05:54 PM.

Reviewer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope to make it to the end without getting banned for finally snapping and making the dirty joke involving Historia and Ymir that's in my head.

Actually it'd be kinda sad if Eren doesn't ever get to see the world outside the walls. Before his goal was "Kill all Titans" it was to see that world, and he still has it.

And the last scene should have someone say something funny, then freeze frame on everyone laughing, and roll end credits on that shot.

What does it mean? It means your about to get your butt kicked!

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

What if Titans laugh at the last scene? Would that count?

Reviewer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I did say everybody laughs. That would include the Titans.

What does it mean? It means your about to get your butt kicked!

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Eren, Mikasa and Armin are unable to fight and are surrounded by titans, all the other died eaten by titans even Levi, so Eren kills Armin and Mikasa to spare them from being eaten by a titan, then he just waits for a titan to end with his life, but suddenly his father appears and he's able to control the titans and revert them to humans and he tells Eren he finally found what he's looking for and that humanity is saved, then Eren loses his mind because he just killed his two best friends right before humanity won the war. (loosely inspired by The Mist, since Isayama's first planned ending was inspired by that movie so yeah.)

No but seriously, I just hope then ending isn't too tragic, I don't want a completely happy ending either because it wouldn't fit with SnK and it's tone. I guess I just want to see the trio survive and them finally reaching the sea.

But one of the things I can see happening is that Mikasa kills Eren because he either looses control totally as a titan or even as a human he can't control his coordinate power and becomes a threat to humanity, maybe he even kills humans during his rage (inspired with the "see you later, Eren" scene and what Reiner said with Eren being the person who shouldn't have such power) I also think Armin will survive but with a disability, most likely lost of sight it would be ironic and just tragic, I just feel like he has already lost part of his humanity and his innocence, so it would fit that he 'lost sight of dreams'..... I don't know why but I feel like the trio will have a really tragic ending. Just really hope this doesn't happen...

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

New ending: beast titan comes and turns everyone into dumb titans. Shift to everyone dreaming a melancholy, idealized fantasy (like when Eren lost it momentarily in Trost). Cue depression. Fin.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member ArtIristic's Avatar
    Country
    Denmark
    Post Thanks / Like

Y'know, everyone just having a nice dream for all eternity doesn't sound too bad.
    Then everyone, with the power of friendship, manages to escape their idealized fantasy, because all the other people who turned into Titans "didn't believe hard enough."
    I really hope the author doesn't pull that. I hate friendship and their magical capabilities. Love too.
    Only Kamina can do it right, though.
    〜Nano desu~※☆✕

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The human-titan conflict ends in mutual destruction. Sasha is the sole survivor and gets to hunt everything.

---------- Post added at 11:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:41 PM ----------

But seriously, I'm hoping for a bittersweet ending--not happy, not melodramatically tragic. Either humanity dies out and titans becomes the new 'humanity,' or Eren and co. really do kill every last titan (bringing up some moral questions about humanity's right to existence), or humans and titans learn to live together somehow (or both sides get wiped out). I wouldn't be against titans forming a new civilization that replaces humanity. If humans do survive, I'd expect a number of people to have a hard time adjusting to new life. Not only has everybody faced a lot of trauma, but they're used to living in a hostile environment--even before they joined the military, even before Shiganshina was attacked, the human characters grew up in fear and oppression. At this point, the idea of conflict is so engrained in them, it's probably hard to imagine living in peace. Some characters would be able to bounce back and move on, others would have dehabilitating PTSD and not know how to be anything other than an active soldier.

Or at least that would be a "realistic" ending. Idk that the series will actually end that way though.

New Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4