Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: How should Attack on Titan End?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How should Attack on Titan End?

Quote Originally Posted by ToriLynn View Post
    you totally caught me off guard there. that would explain why Armin is the narrator!!! :O

---------- Post added at 01:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:21 PM ----------

i like how everyone has the same idea of Armin surviving and exploring the world. and the best part is we all know that's going to happen for sure XD
    while I agree with Armin having a high chance of making it to the end, it's not because he's the narrator. the narrator's name is "Marina Inoue" , not "Armin Arlert".

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner ToriLynn's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

well it's the same voice actor, so I'm just gonna take it and run

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Tayz's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i think it will end happily with all the titans defeated. i read somewhere it was supposed to end tragically but the mangaka started deciding differently

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member PIXISSUUU's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by N1kki View Post
    I will list this in order of certainty...

Sasha&Connie - Both could live and have peaceful lives after aot, or one can die. I'm really not sure.
    Now that you say it, I can totally see them being together in the end! This is my new favorite pairing.

---------- Post added at 11:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:12 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nirduna View Post
    All I want is Mikasa and Eren hold each other and saying that they love each one. If they die or survive after that dosn't really matter.
    Maybe I've missed it, but has it been definitively established that Mikasa is romantically interested in Eren? Hasn't the dynamic described between them always been as older sister and younger brother? (which would explain why Eren is ignoring a total hottie like Mikasa...kind of hard to be romantic about your own sister unless your a Lannister I suppose, haha). I know externally some characters have commented that they might be BF and GF, but the way they treat each other it seems more like bro and sis.

Maybe this is because I'm biased and I'm a fan of the Jean+Mikasa and Eren+Annie pairings, but I don't see this series ending with Mikasa and Eren knocking boots.
    My username honor's Balto-go's awesome Japanese pronunciation of a certain SnK Garrison Commander's name.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Armin - Certain Armin will live through this. He's the dark horse of this story lol.. I believe he has been narrating it this whole time. (well he definitely is in the Anime). I'm sure Eren and Mikasa may die saving him or something. Armin will grow old to tell this story and that will basically be the anime/manga that we're watching.
    I would say that it's very likely that Armin will survive; he's not only the narrator, but it seems to fit stories that I have seen in the past for the weakest out of a bunch of friends to make it to an old age while the stronger ones die younger.

Eren - I'm still not sure whether to believe he lives or dies but personally, I want to see him die. lol I'm not evil just it would be fair that he dies after saving the world. He can't defeat all the titans AND live. It's either gotta be he defeats the titans and dies or he doesn't defeat the titans but lives or something.
    Maybe, but let's not forget the enigmatic beginning at the start of the entire series. Not only is the title of the first chapter and first episode of the anime "To You, 2000 Years From Now" and "To You, After 2,000 Years" respectively, but the first manga chapter starts out with what appears to be an adult Mikasa tellling Eren that she'll see him later and then Eren waking up to see an adolescent Mikasa.

Mikasa - She will live, but Armin will outlive her. She will make it past the story but idk somethign will happen after.
    I think that a character like hers is likely to die during the story line. It would be consistent with what Eren's been going through. Before Eren's "quest" to exterminate the titans began, Eren argued with his mother and then a titan comes in and kills her. And, not only is he fueled by rage, but also regret that the last thing that he did before she died was act like a childish brat.

Likewise, Mikasa has been nothing but devoted and loyal to Eren, but Eren hasn't been treating her well. He doesn't realize how much Mikasa is in love with him yet, and when he does that's when she'll likely die. And, like with his mother, Eren will be filled with more regret due to how he treated Mikasa the entire time.

This will be the catalyst onto his next chapter of his life which might explain the enigmatic beginning of the entire story.

Sasha&Connie - Both could live and have peaceful lives after aot, or one can die. I'm really not sure.
    Probably Sasha. I haven't seen the OVA about Jean, but after seeing screenshots and Eren's comparison to Sasha to Oluo and Jean to Petra, it seems likely that Sasha will fall for Jean even though he's fixated on Mikasa - similar to how Oluo had feelings for Petra eventhough she had a "school giirl crush" on Levi Ackerman.

---------- Post added at 01:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by PIXISSUUU View Post
    Maybe I've missed it, but has it been definitively established that Mikasa is romantically interested in Eren?
    It's not definitive but very likely; Mikasa did lean in to kiss Eren in chapter 50. Not to mention, all the other signs that Mikasa's been throwing out in the entire series.

It's pretty clear that she is in love with him, short of her actually saying out loud that she is. Yet, her body language has been consistent with her having romantic feelings for Eren.

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

In an ideal world we would see all the protagonists victorious, Eren finally goes to his fathers basement by using his coordinate powers and discovers a weapon his father built which turns titans back into humans. The beast titans whereabouts are unknown to everyone but Annie who remains encased in the crystal.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member teiran's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

ideally? with lesbian queens of course
    and armin living with annie in a castle, travelling, niice
    i care more about the latter

okok, enough.

hm. probably at some point the walled country will be completely destroyed, encased titans awakening. everyone would be eaten... yee... no, actually till that time they'd already work out something; eren'd learn what's the (almost) whole deal. but almost everyone would die anyway. armin'd survive he has this aura of a creepy indestructible kid. reiner'll die. some weird shit will happen to berry. idk about annie. her bitch powers might protect her. besides she can always encase herself in the crystal and dumdumdum live forever. maybe. guess so. i doubt erwin's seen thru enough for the coup d'etat to work; and even if, it might still not change anything, really...
    i just don't see how possibly this could not end in blood, bwhah
    Last edited by teiran; May 29, 2014 at 02:25 PM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member ArtIristic's Avatar
    Country
    Denmark
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by teiran View Post
    ideally? with lesbian queens of course
    and armin living with annie in a castle, travelling, niice
    i care more about the latter

okok, enough.

hm. probably at some point the walled country will be completely destroyed, encased titans awakening. everyone would be eaten... yee... no, actually till that time they'd already work out something; eren'd learn what's the whole deal. but almost everyone would die anyway. armin'd survive he has this aura of a creepy indestructible kid. reiner'll die. some weird shit will happen to berry. idk about annie. her bitch powers might protect her. besides she can always encase herself in the crystal and dumdumdum live forever. maybe. guess so. i doubt erwin's seen thru enough for the coup d'etat to work out; and even if, it might still not change anything, really...
    i just don't see how possibly this could not end in blood, bwhah
    You got it all wrong.
    The Bionis will come crashing in, and tell everybody "Hey, I'm the true Titan, my **** is a city. Deal with it."
    Everybody questions their sanity and lives happily ever after. THE END.
    〜Nano desu~※☆✕

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner gengar's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

idk i'm pretty sure eren will die
    the central point of his entire character is killing titans; this is pretty much the first thing that's established about him, and though he matures throughout the plot, it's still his sole drive and motivation. with that, once humanity gains the upper hand, he has nothing. even if he does survive in the end, he'll be an empty shell basically. he'll still dream of the war every night, he'll still look over his shoulder all the time, he'll feel uneasy and unsafe and on the edge for as long as he lives.
    this is not to say that other characters won't be affected by the war in the long term, but most of the others have more to them than just being a soldier. the way i see it, most of them were people who became soldiers; they had other interests, other life goals, dreams, hopes, expectations. not eren. eren was always a soldier. all he ever wanted to do was fight. if they do achieve peace, or at least a clear path to victory, he has no purpose anymore.
    (i think levi is bound to die for pretty much the same reason, actually.)
    i'm not sure what would happen to mikasa if eren were to die, since he is her central point just as much as killing titans is his. when eren was thought dead, back on the battle of trost district arc, she carried on fighting, though with much less finesse and regard for her own safety. without the battle to focus on... she may live, but i don't think she'll be able to carry on with her life. their relationship was never very healthy, so i have serious doubts she'd be able to give it a healthy ending.
    i can't really see armin dying, though. to me, if eren was always a soldier, armin was never one. i think this really shows at the beginning, when he was completely out of his depth, but even after finding something he's good at inside the military he's not really a soldier - the place he finds for himself doesn't involve fighting or sacrifice, it involves thoeries and plotting. i don't know if it's just me, but i almost forget he even is a soldier sometimes. if the war were to end, he'd have lots to look forward to, even if eren and mikasa both were to die. he'd grieve for them, of course, but he'd be able to move forward.
    i only have set theories for them, i think. i'm really curious as to what will happen to erwin.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Albania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gengar View Post
    idk i'm pretty sure eren will die
    the central point of his entire character is killing titans; this is pretty much the first thing that's established about him, and though he matures throughout the plot, it's still his sole drive and motivation. with that, once humanity gains the upper hand, he has nothing. even if he does survive in the end, he'll be an empty shell basically. he'll still dream of the war every night, he'll still look over his shoulder all the time, he'll feel uneasy and unsafe and on the edge for as long as he lives.
    this is not to say that other characters won't be affected by the war in the long term, but most of the others have more to them than just being a soldier. the way i see it, most of them were people who became soldiers; they had other interests, other life goals, dreams, hopes, expectations. not eren. eren was always a soldier. all he ever wanted to do was fight. if they do achieve peace, or at least a clear path to victory, he has no purpose anymore.
    (i think levi is bound to die for pretty much the same reason, actually.)
    i'm not sure what would happen to mikasa if eren were to die, since he is her central point just as much as killing titans is his. when eren was thought dead, back on the battle of trost district arc, she carried on fighting, though with much less finesse and regard for her own safety. without the battle to focus on... she may live, but i don't think she'll be able to carry on with her life. their relationship was never very healthy, so i have serious doubts she'd be able to give it a healthy ending.
    i can't really see armin dying, though. to me, if eren was always a soldier, armin was never one. i think this really shows at the beginning, when he was completely out of his depth, but even after finding something he's good at inside the military he's not really a soldier - the place he finds for himself doesn't involve fighting or sacrifice, it involves thoeries and plotting. i don't know if it's just me, but i almost forget he even is a soldier sometimes. if the war were to end, he'd have lots to look forward to, even if eren and mikasa both were to die. he'd grieve for them, of course, but he'd be able to move forward.
    i only have set theories for them, i think. i'm really curious as to what will happen to erwin.
    There's more to Eren than 'killing all titans'. Originally he and Armin wanted to go and explore the outside world, and to get rid of the titans was the only way they could do that. They still want to explore the outside world, but with all the things happening around them, they barely have time to think about it, so it is easy to forget that. Heck, Eren and Armin have barely interacted with each-other in the latest chapters. That being said, I still think that Eren will die.

And make no mistake, Armin is a soldier through and through. He may be weak (and I don't think he will be that way for long, since he is part of the Survey Corps), but he has the mind and spirit of a soldier. Eren is actually less of a soldier than Armin, because Eren often acts with his heart, rather than his head.

It is hard to say what will happen to Mikasa if Eren dies for real, but I don't think the same thing that happened in Trost will happen. In an interview, Isayama stated that Jean would have a chance with Mikasa if Eren died. Considering how Eren is probably meant to die, I think that it might be possible that Jean and Mikasa will end up together.

Erwin will probably die at the end of the current arc, or at the beginning of the next one. He has resigned his position as head of the survey corps, and has almost fulfilled his role in humanity's victory against the Titans. The only thing that remains for Erwin to do is to play some key role along with Pixis later on in this arc and that's probably it for him.
    Last edited by TheOwl; June 28, 2014 at 03:40 PM.

Reviewer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It'll turn out that he wasn't joking when he said the Titans eat everyone.

Other than that
    -Joke endings
    -Beast Titan decides the whole Titan experiment isn't working, so instead he makes intelligent apes, Eventually giving Charlton Heston a rude surprise.
    -Final battle against the true Titan Master. Eren is hopelessly overpowered, and no one elses attacks even make a scratch. But then the belief of humanity of everyone in Eren empowers him and he transforms into his true final form: And Ultraman! A single specium ray kills the endboss, and it turns out the series was really a Prequel to the Ultraman franchise.
    -Suddenly a technologically advanced group from across the ocean shows up in mecha and easily exterminate the titans. With Lasers.

Serious Ideas- Well a big thing is what the Warriors group are really like. That is going to affect everything. First idea, the Titans are beaten, but a new war begins, since their is too much hostility between the Walls and the Warriors, showing that just because one war ends, it doesn't mean another won't begin.
    Or the really depressing one.
    The Titan's are beaten, but Eren loses his mind and is locked into Titan form, and looses his mind. Mikisha tries to snap him out of it, but Eren kills her proving he is too far gone. Eren is eventually killed, and everyone rejoices that the Titans are now gone. Except for Armin, who now hates mankind for celebrating when his friends were killed, and becomes bitter.

What does it mean? It means your about to get your butt kicked!

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd like to see Mikasa become a Titan. Mikeren tag team?

How about the unexpected? Levi becomes a Titan against humankind, he never really "hated" Titans. He's always been kind of neutral. I wouldn't be surprised if Erwin's arm came back either.
    Last edited by Tantamare; July 02, 2014 at 09:51 PM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner theruleofflaw's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Everyone will die and Eren will be the last one to go and witness all of his friends' death. Then he wakes up from his dream from the first episode where Mikasa woke him up and he cried.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Themistocles's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I like the idea of Eren using his newfound 'Titan controlling powers' to awaken the Titans within the walls, to either defeat the rest of the Titans, or the Warriors or whoever, and possibly killing Eren in the process, a sacrifice to ensure the survival of mankind on earth, plus it gets ride of the walls.
    Kartoffeln sind gut

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by theruleofflaw View Post
    Everyone will die and Eren will be the last one to go and witness all of his friends' death. Then he wakes up from his dream from the first episode where Mikasa woke him up and he cried.
    Wait, is this legit? This sounds legit, holy fuck please don't be a spoiler! If this happened I'd fucking rape the creator myself (out of hatred).

New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast