Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
New Reply
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: What Light Novels are You Reading, What is Next on Your List

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Leoat12's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What Light Novels are You Reading, What is Next on Your List

I just finished Sword Art Online volume 8 and now I will have a long pause of it. I'm thinking of reading the rest of the volumes when they are released by Yen Press, but it will take ages, so probably I will read something in the future, but it will in a far future. I have to read other novels. XD

I'm going to start reading Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei now, I'm planning on going until enrollment arc end.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ProGoddess's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs Up Re: What Light Novels are You Reading, What is Next on Your List

I'm currently on The Legend of the Sun Knight. It has 8 volumes by which I have only started the first. The last one that I have finished reading was 1/2 Prince of the same author. I really like her writing style and her sense of humour.

Sword Art Online is another novel which I follow closely.

The next one on my list will be Accel World.

~~~~++~~~~Do You Love Me?~~~~++~~~~

Kya~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

I just finished All You Need is Kill, a SciFi Light Novel that is also going to be adapted as Hollywood movie as well as it's currently serialized in Young Jump. I think the novel is pretty neat with memorable protagonists, storyline and ending. I feel it could be more epic if it were expanded into multiple novels, but All You Need Is Kill is still good as a standalone series.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Right now I'm reading 図南の翼 (Tonan no Tsubasa) from the Twelve Kingdoms series.

I've also read 魔性の子 (Demon's Child), and it's interesting that Ono has planned out the background information of characters and concepts even before the 12K series began. It must have been confusing for readers to read Demon's Child at the time even though it makes a lot more sense once the reader is familiar with the world and events that are going on in 12K.

---------- Post added at 09:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 PM ----------

Right now I'm reading 図南の翼 (Tonan no Tsubasa) from the Twelve Kingdoms series.

I've also read 魔性の子 (Demon's Child), and it's interesting that Ono has planned out the background information of characters and concepts even before the 12K series began. It must have been confusing for readers to read Demon's Child at the time even though it makes a lot more sense once the reader is familiar with the world and events that are going on in 12K.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity SharkBait's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Since Black Bullet translations seemed to start back up I may read it. The anime feels like the pacing is a bit too fast in its adapted format.

SoTaku is Love | Team Haikyuu!! | Team Hi-Fi Cluster | Team Food Wars!

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I completed the 1st volume of Rokka no Yuusha and read the 5 translated volumes of Mondaijitachi(), the anime was more focused on Izayoi being badass but it's completely different in the LNs. Info dump didn't seem very important to me in the adaptation either.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic172142_25.gif

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

well one i have been reading FANATICALY is the Legendary Moonlight Sculptor
    Last edited by ntenga; May 20, 2014 at 03:44 PM.

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

I decided to pause Mahouka after one volume and go reading Spice & Wolf, a series I wanted to begin for a long time now.

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Starting NGNL today. I am not sure what I'll read after this but I am thinking of reading HS DXD for a while now, or I will read Date A Live and catch up with the anime after it ends.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic172142_25.gif

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Right now I'm reading Kokushi no Shima by Ono Fuyumi, which I bought at a second hand bookstore today.

It seems that lately I've been reading in Japanese more than English.

---------- Post added June 16, 2014 at 09:58 PM ---------- Previous post was June 02, 2014 at 09:13 PM ----------

I really want to read Battle Royale even though I couldn't make past the first chapter of the manga due to the gore. I wonder if anyone can give me a heads up about how gruesome the light novel is (if it's gruesome at all)? I know that Battle Royale is one of the very few Japanese novels to be officially translated so I wonder if the translators have done a good job as well.

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I started reading Oregairu today, the prologue is epic!

With what I read in NGNL, I found his last comment hilarious .

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Asarii View Post
    I really want to read Battle Royale even though I couldn't make past the first chapter of the manga due to the gore. I wonder if anyone can give me a heads up about how gruesome the light novel is (if it's gruesome at all)? I know that Battle Royale is one of the very few Japanese novels to be officially translated so I wonder if the translators have done a good job as well.
    I'm reading the novel right now, it has all kinds of deaths, but it really doesn't get into the details that much, so it is quite readable for anyone, adults of course. It is incredibly good, I recommend.
    I'm not reading it in English, but in Portuguese, it got translated recently, so I cannot say about the English translation.

The very first death was the most horrible I might say. I think that's why it shocked you.

14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Leoat12 View Post
    I'm reading the novel right now, it has all kinds of deaths, but it really doesn't get into the details that much, so it is quite readable for anyone, adults of course. It is incredibly good, I recommend.
    I'm not reading it in English, but in Portuguese, it got translated recently, so I cannot say about the English translation.

The very first death was the most horrible I might say. I think that's why it shocked you.
    Thank goodness. I was worried that the description would be very graphic and hard to read with a full stomach. I'm glad that's not the case.

It's nice to know that Battle Royale has been translated to other languages. Hopefully more light novels/novels from Japan would be translated abroad in the future.

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Asarii View Post
    Thank goodness. I was worried that the description would be very graphic and hard to read with a full stomach. I'm glad that's not the case.

It's nice to know that Battle Royale has been translated to other languages. Hopefully more light novels/novels from Japan would be translated abroad in the future.
    You're welcome, have a nice reading.

Yes, it is. However, they don't have interest in Light Novels here, unfortunately. Battle Royale was translated because it is just one volume and it is very famous worldwide. Publishers here already said that they don't have plans to release LNs in the near future. Hopefully, they change their minds soon. Yen Press is doing a great job and since American market catch the attention of other countries markets, if everything goes well, they can start to "copy" Yen Press. xD

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Leoat12 View Post
    You're welcome, have a nice reading.

Yes, it is. However, they don't have interest in Light Novels here, unfortunately. Battle Royale was translated because it is just one volume and it is very famous worldwide. Publishers here already said that they don't have plans to release LNs in the near future. Hopefully, they change their minds soon. Yen Press is doing a great job and since American market catch the attention of other countries markets, if everything goes well, they can start to "copy" Yen Press. xD
    Thanks! I know that a library nearby has a copy so it won't be hard to get my hands on it.

I'm curious to know whether Haruki Murakami's novels such as Norwegian Wood or 1Q84 have been translated and sold in your country- i.e., Brazil. He's probably one of the most famous Japanese authors out there, and if his novels aren't translated, it's going to be hard for any light novel authors to have their work released abroad. I do hope that the popularity of manga will help the light novel industry in the future.

New Reply
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast