Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 489 by kewl0210 , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)
New Reply
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: Toriko 260 Discussion Thread

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Kotonoha21's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Toriko 260 Spoiler Thread

The chapter was very cool. (And it made me want to drink some sake.) I like that Toriko isn't immediately swayed by Jirou's words and has to reflect on them to build an even greater resolve than he had previously.

Quote Originally Posted by wargreymon View Post
    Well thats my point... he barely show any reaction on Ichiryuu's death whereas he shed tears and doesnt eat anything for days because komatsu got kidnapped.
    If he didnt show any reaction to komatsu's kidnapping then I could understand.
    But this just feels very very weird to me.
    Dont get angry with me now but lets compare it with naruto.
    When sasuke got 'kidnapped' he was sad but as far as i can remember he didnt cry, but when jiraiya got killed he cried like a baby.
    This is the proper reaction I think (I know naruto and toriko is different -.-').
    In Toriko's case, he shed tears when he realized komatsu got kidnapped but he was just like 'oh..' when he hear about Ichiryuu's death.
    This is totally wrong imo, feel so gay.
    No, I dont hate shima, toriko is still my fave manga.
    I understand where you're coming from. I'd like to see some more emotion too, and I think we will soon. Remember, the other three Kings likely don't know about Ichiryuu's death at the moment; I'm guessing that once Toriko gets back on his feet, he's going to be the one to tell them. The Four will probably retrieve the last ingredient at the 1st Biotope together and the arc will turn into a giant tribute to Ichiryuu, since his Full Course is going to save the world once it's cooked. At least, that's what I'd like to see.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member senadtm87's Avatar
    Country
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Toriko 260 Discussion Thread

He was already beaten by the fact that he lost Komatsu because he was weak, you cant expect that he gets more emotional that he is, so his reaction is ok by my standards.

@llydnarz:

In this manga everybody is cocky before he fights, when Ichiryu went to Midora first time, Bishokukai members attacked Ichiryu thinking that there is no way that
    he can escape their techniques , but it was child play for him. Still we havent seen what NEO members can do(3 at top, general, king and that other one) maybe they have power but they dont wont to get atention, but all these traitors all small fry compared to Jirou and Midora.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by llydnarz View Post
    I don't think they are afraid of Midora.
    Note that even Niceny was expecting that he'd be fighting Ichiryuu and he seems confident about it.
    They just revealed themselves which means they are now ready to fight anyone that stands in their way.

We don't know why the Blue Nitro did not fight Midora. But I don't think it's because of fear.
    You are reading Toriko, right? These characters don't show fear to any person. Toriko wasn't even slightly afraid of Starjun, Midora was smiling at Blue Nitro (whom Acacia "feared"), Starjun was saying: "Come and fight me if you want Komatsu" fearless.
    These characters are badass, they don't show fear, that's another reason why I love Toriko. But sadly it isn't that popular because you don't have boob or ass shots all the time and some half naked loli chicks doing fancy attacks, like Fairy Tail for example, and the terrible Anime only makes it worse IMO.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Yume Yume's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Nobody mentioned that Take-chan`s face is clear now from that "scars" of G.Cells? I wonder why... And i`m pretty sure he is with NEO, that`s why i`m worrying about Komatsu. Joa said that "Cooking Method" will be their soon, but this method is written in Komatsu`s book. Maybe Otake was waiting for him to learn that book whereabout. And take Komacchan to Neo or trample him in the mud.

I was wondering why Otake hates Matsu so much? There were no really strong reasons.

Also, i really wanted Jirou to give a bashing to Toriko or made a manly slap in his face. It would be better than words. Come on, Toriko, go and kick some asses!!!
    Last edited by Yume Yume; December 06, 2013 at 02:55 PM.

5. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member senadtm87's Avatar
    Country
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Post Thanks / Like

Haha, no one seen that, nice catch. Anyway, this is some kind of charcter building part of this manga, because in other mangas all main characters have some hard childhood , but this author is doing it in unique way. Maybe Cells need some time to adjust or something.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Am I the only one who's expecting some Toriko's flashbacks soon ? Jirou's words about Toriko's goal and stuff made me think that we may get to see a flashback about Toriko's childhood perhaps, and how he fixed his goals and stuff, it's the perfect occasion IMO for that

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grinpatch View Post
    You are reading Toriko, right? These characters don't show fear to any person. Toriko wasn't even slightly afraid of Starjun, Midora was smiling at Blue Nitro (whom Acacia "feared"), Starjun was saying: "Come and fight me if you want Komatsu" fearless.
    These characters are badass, they don't show fear, that's another reason why I love Toriko. But sadly it isn't that popular because you don't have boob or ass shots all the time and some half naked loli chicks doing fancy attacks, like Fairy Tail for example, and the terrible Anime only makes it worse IMO.
    Have you forgotten about Toriko's reaction when he first encountered Star's GT Robo in Puffer Whale arc? He almost shat his pants back then.
    They show fear or alarm when they need to. Just like what Acacia when the Blue Nitros first came.
    They also admit when someone is stronger than them just like what Alfaro did in Ice Hell.

I'm not saying Niceny can beat Ichiryuu in GW, Ichi can beat the guy without lifting a finger. But Niceny's confidence shows that Neo is now ready to face IGO or Bishokukai. I don't think they'll evade anyone at this point. They just f*cked the two organizations really hard. I don't think they'll even provoke Midora or Ichi if they're trying to evade them.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Cedre's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

There is a difference between doing your things and suddenly a mysterious and outrageously strong critter appears out of nowhere, and going intentionally to some place ready to fight someone (whether you win or lose)

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cedre View Post
    There is a difference between doing your things and suddenly a mysterious and outrageously strong critter appears out of nowhere, and going intentionally to some place ready to fight someone (whether you win or lose)
    The point is they still show fear or alarm when they need to. Whether they expected it or not, they will still show fear or get alarmed or escape when they sense an opponent far stronger than them.
    Alfaro was ready for a fight when he came to Ice Hell. He even tried to attack Setsuno. But when he realized that he's no match for her, he dismissed it and went on their way.

New Reply
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7