Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!

View Poll Results: How would you rate this week's Magi

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Awful

0 0%
  • Boring

1 7.69%
  • Good

6 46.15%
  • Excellent

6 46.15%
  • Top 10 in Magi

0 0%
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Magi 206 Discussion/207 Predictions

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kindredxiuxiu's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Magi 206 Discussion/207 Predictions

Wow. This was a heavy chapter... It was pretty obvious something was up, and I already had an inkling the Kou empire wasn't all sunshine and roses. I'll be really curious to see how Alibaba communicates with Cassim, if he can. All the political and social atmosphere aspects of Magi are what I like best about it. Great chapter overall.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Misting's Avatar
    Country
    Taiwan
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks like we’re in for some more political intrigue from Ohtaka! It’s one of the major reasons why I’m so excited for Balbadd Arc 2!

Though I somehow feel like the situation this time is going to be even tougher, because it’s harder to tell the good guys from the bad. Last time it was clear that the Balbadd government needed to go… But this time, the Kou government is still helpful to Balbadd despite being overly controlling. Kou is quite crafty… they’re giving only easy jobs to the citizens, dumbing down the public little by little, so that in the end they’ll become dependent on the Kou administrators to rule them. On top of that they're stripping away the memory of the old Balbadd… it’s like a passive aggressive strategy to conquer the country, and they're doing it without looking like the bad guys.

If Ali were to try and change things, I can’t say he’d be able to rally as much support as last time, simply because of the stability offered by the Kou government. There would be people like Hassan, who want to be free, but then there would also be people like Zaynab, who are already satisfied with what they have. Some people even thrived on the system. And like Ali said before, perhaps someone who ran away from his own country doesn’t have the right to just waltz in and decide what’s better for the country.

Of course, Ali is still one of the few people right now who truly care about Balbadd, and I hope he’ll be able to do something. However I can’t say the citizens would feel the same way… not all of them, at least.

Man I can’t wait to see how things will play out! All this moral dilemma… Bring it on Ohtaka!
    Last edited by Misting; December 02, 2013 at 05:12 PM.

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, this is going to be a very interesting arc with all this moral dilemma and looking back at the Magnostadt arc, I'm sure that nothing will disappoint me.
    Still, even after looking at what happened in Balbadd, I don't feel like blaming Kouen, after all he's just doing what he thinks is right for his own country and even though the division in classes it's an unfair thing, at the end of the day the citizens of Balbadd are living indeed better.
    Hmm....I wonder what Alibaba will do now, because as someone already said, this time he won't get much support from the citizens and the risk would be that he could be hated by them.
    It's surely a dangerous situation, but I'm sure that Alibaba will make it through this.

New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2