Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply

Thread: Morgiana's fate, love and power

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner garcon's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Morgiana's fate, love and power

(note: this first paragraph is about my awesome life, if you don't care about it, skip it)

Hi,
    I just recently discovered this manga (Magi) thanks to the thread "most badass female character", someone posted Morgiana, all my thanks to that person because I come to really like Magi, after reading the last chapter available this afternoon I searched for a forum discussion about this manga, I'm quite happy that there is already one on mangahelper even if apparently not as popular as the big three.
    All that to say I discover this section today and I'm still very excited because all my free time of the last five days has been devoted to Magi so sorry if what I'm going to say has already been discuss/ didn't deserve a thread etc...

SO, on topic :

Morgiana is one of my most favorite character, as well as Alibaba, that's even the first time that I care about shipping or pairing (whatever that thing is called), I want them to be happy and together so of course I'm worried :

_love triangle :
    Hakuryuu once asked Morgiana to be his bride, wich was kind of a bad move, and got rejected but promised to ask again later. I know he has since change and probably won't ask her again but that's not my point.
    Hakuryuu is now "feeding" on black rukh, he is breaking bad and will soon fucked up (at least I think so) but Hakuryuu is a good guy who lost his way so I'm pretty sure he will be brought back to the light but thanks to who ? Aladdin and Alibaba are his friend but Morgiana represent his love, she may be the reason for him to come back. After recent event like the rejection of Alibaba do you think it's possible that in the end Morgiana could end up with Hakuryou ?

_power greed :
    Morgiana cares a lot about Alibaba and Aladdin, she wants power to stay by their side, to save them and she puts their lives aboves her own. She became part of Alibaba's household and acquire part of his power which can have side effect like the one we can see with one of Sinbad's eight general Drakon who lost his human form, the fanalis guy even said that it's possible to lose your human mind.
    Morgiana would have no problem with that as long as it serves Alibaba. Do you think there will come a time when to save Alibaba, Morgiana will "sacrifice" herself, will Alibaba be able to stop her ? or to reverse the effect (I don't know, maybe by destoying his metal vessel that would release her from Amon's power)? will she face a sad ending (even death) ? or will she understand that more than her power it's her presence by his side that Alibaba want the most ?

So yeah that's the kind of worries I have right now, I hope I managed to make myself clear and didn't say stupid stuff, and once again sorry if it has already been discussed somewhere, I'm still in a postreading excitement and needed to talk about the manga and I'm looking forward to your thoughts
    because a little ad doesn't hurt, if you like comics, I am participating in a project of web comics :

Watch comics website and facebook

and if you like video games, introduce yourself to CIBO

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Coyote Starrk's Avatar
    Country
    Chile
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Morgiana's fate, love and power

I think u dont need to worry about it that much, since the moment Alibaba and morgiana first met the author started giving hints about how important they are in each others life. About hakuryuu well, I honestly dont see a good redemption/salvation ending for him, right now hes completely devoted to darkness and doesnt look trouble about it at all.

About morgianas sacrifice...idk I dont think so, sounds more reasonable to me that someone like toto could do that, and then create a tragic moment from there. Well thats my opinion xD

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ladylola's Avatar
    Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

Yay more people are discovering this awesome manga. Like you said it's not as popular as the big 3 but right now I enjoy it more than Bleach and even One piece.
    Morgianna is not only strong, but she's completely loyal to Alibaba. There has been many hints about her having feelings for Ali, but like Masrur pointed out Mor doesn't know the exact nature of her feelings for Alibaba. That's why when he asked her to be with him she rejected him only to tell him she needed more time.At least that's the conclusion I came to.
    People are a little too harsh on Hakuryuu. I find it very brave of him to confess his love for Morgianna, in a time where Alibaba didn't even think of Mor as a potential girlfriend. Because let's face it Alibaba doesn't love Mor, at least not yet. He just wants to be loved by someone. He finds her cute but that's it. There's still a long way to go before those two(Ali and Mor) figure out the true nature of their feelings and maybe end up together.
    About the assimilation I think Mor will obviously not resort to it, especially now that Ali wants her to be by his side forever hehe.

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Leoat12's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm glad that my post in the Anime Showdown brought to you here. Magi is certainly one of the best action/fantasy shounen currently and deserves more and more recognition.

You're too much worried with Morgiana by what I see. XD

Regarding the love triangle, Hakuryuu went to the dark side and I also think that Morgiana will be important for his return if it happen, but I don't really think that they will stay together in the end. Morgiana is a nice person and she will help Hakuryuu because she will remember all that he said to her, that's all, nothing because love I think. Also, Morgiana's love is Alibaba, she rejected Hakuryuu before because of him and she will reject again. I say this because Mor and Alibaba are much more nearby now than before. My conclusion is: no, Mor won't end up with Hakuryuu at all.

Power greed:
    Morgiana is really unpredictable regarding help her friends, I don't know what may happen. I think, there is no reason to worry about that now and we know that Alibaba and the others will save Morgiana in the end if anything happen.

I hope that you continue to enjoy Magi and cheer for Mor-chan. ^^
    Last edited by Leoat12; December 02, 2013 at 10:49 PM.

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Kalyra's Avatar
    Country
    New Zealand
    Post Thanks / Like

About the assimilation thing, she doesn't seem to be scared off by Masrur's warning but Alibaba would obviously not let her do that. I don't know if it's something he can control but Sinbad seems to have stopped some of his comrades from doing it. I hope she doesn't do it. But I do want her to get stronger so she can be equal to Alibaba and Aladdin. Recently I feel Morgiana didn't get enough development, not in power or whatever. But Ohtaka didn't even show her meeting the other finalis in detail or what happened during her trip. She got so little focus and that makes me sad. I'm getting off topic here aren't I?

I hope Hakuryuu's problem isnt gonna be fixed in a cliche way, rather than Morgiana being the reason for him getting better I'd rather it be his sister or something. Because its really his family issues he needs to sort out the most lol.

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Alibaba 4 King's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The hakuryuu thing is not over with otherwise there was zero point to the scenes between them. Yes he is following a very dark path, but his ultimate goal is to destroy al thamen not join them. I think morgiana will attempt to "save" him from himself, but she will turn down his proposal and he will probably want to take out alibaba. I think hes kind of entrenched in an antagonist role at this point and wont find redemption til death similar to cassim and mogamett.

As for morgiana's power I agree with you that she is chasing power because she wants to stay beside alibaba/aladdin and be useful to them. I also fully expect morgiana to attempt assimilation? at some point in order to protect alibaba. As someone noted masrur's warning did not seem to scare her in the least. I think somehow alibaba/aladdin will stop her before it becomes permanent (when she will come to the realization that she is valued as a person and not as a weapon), but i also like your idea of alibaba having to give up his metal vessel for her to return to normal.

This could be reading into it too much but ohtaka likes to use the image of morgiana in a bird suit on her blog and it seems amon's household is the pheonix so i could totally see ohtaka drawing her as a sort of harpy at some point.

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner garcon's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for your answers, they are quite optimistic so yeah I will go with that for now

ladylola :

Quote Quote:
    People are a little too harsh on Hakuryuu. I find it very brave of him to confess his love for Morgianna
    I don't mind him confessing his love, he was honest and all, I'm just saying there is a slight difference between "hey I love you" and "hey, I love you, marry me and rule the world with me please", well maube I'm old fashioned (or young fashioned ? I wonder)

Leoat12

Quote Quote:
    I'm glad that my post in the Anime Showdown brought to you here.
    you did a fine job choosing this gif of Morgiana fighting tigers, I was in search of a new serie/anime and it attracted me, you are a good salesman

talking about the anime, I'm off my own topic but : I started this serie with the anime and then read the manga, the anime is quite well animated and funny but would you recomend me to read the manga from the beginning ? is there a lot of differences ?

I noticed one thing when I got on the manga : I started it with the Kid pirates arc, when Alibaba talk some sense to their leader, in the anime he cried and not in the manga (at least I think so), I even thought (watching the anime) that Alibaba was a bit of a crybaby, so will i feel different about the characters reading the manga or am I just an insensitive jerk ?
    because a little ad doesn't hurt, if you like comics, I am participating in a project of web comics :

Watch comics website and facebook

and if you like video games, introduce yourself to CIBO

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Leoat12's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

I strongly recommend that you read the manga since the beginning, they changed the end of the first season a lot comparing to the manga. They changed things that I consider unforgivable until now.

Alibaba is "emotionally weak". XD
    But the way that he acts is so funny, those moments is the funniest in the manga. I haven't felt any difference between the anime and manga in this part.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i will avoid reading the entirety of this thread to avoid spoilers, as im still catching up with the manga.

i do like the hakuryu X morg possibility, however she would be a good fit with alibaba also

if i had to choose haku X morg is awesome because of his confession being so pure and powerful, however i have not caught up so if anything else has happened i am not aware of it

New Reply