Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 112, 113 and 114 Discussion/Predictions

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 112, 113 and 114 Discussion/Predictions

Chapter 112 RAW | Translation
    Chapter 113 RAW | Translation
    Chapter 114 RAW | Translation

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 112, 113 and 114 Discussion/Predictions

Obviously it isn't the same, what's the point of having 2 characters with the same relationships.

Kirihara was the first rival ever introduced, and he was Rikkai's S2 (soo good that he was actually being trained to defeat Tezuka). He was destroying Ryoma in their match (and didn't even use his strategy against left handed players) to the point that Konomi had to give him Muga in order to win. Ryoma doesn't know he defeated Kirihara, and the latter even gave him nightmares. Akaya was the 2nd player that we saw achieving Muga (just after the main character).

As a rival, I value Kirihara > Tokugawa. Tokugawa is just a really strong player that... well, defeated Ryoma. But Echizen didn't aim for him (he just decided to improve much more), it didn't have consequences on him, he isn't his rival.

Quote Originally Posted by LetalHawk View Post
    Tokugawa having GS means practically nothing as Byodouin can shit on that. What Tokugawa doesn't know is that he has something even stronger than GS (and most likely than PoP). I expect Byodouin to utterly crush Tokugawa from now on unless Tokugawa manages to unlock some new aura or uses a new technique, and starts a comeback. Then it'll be even and the victory will be for either of them, because I can't see a clear winner here or make a prediction.
    Glad to see you're alive.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hardy View Post
    Obviously it isn't the same, what's the point of having 2 characters with the same relationships.

Kirihara was the first rival ever introduced, and he was Rikkai's S2 (soo good that he was actually being trained to defeat Tezuka). He was destroying Ryoma in their match (and didn't even use his strategy against left handed players) to the point that Konomi had to give him Muga in order to win. Ryoma doesn't know he defeated Kirihara, and the latter even gave him nightmares. Akaya was the 2nd player that we saw achieving Muga (just after the main character).

As a rival, I value Kirihara > Tokugawa. Tokugawa is just a really strong player that... well, defeated Ryoma. But Echizen didn't aim for him (he just decided to improve much more), it didn't have consequences on him, he isn't his rival.
    Kirihara was Rikkai's S2 because Yukimura was sick, and Renji knew that Inui would be Singles 3 and thought he could beat him, and the other two were doubles pairs. If Yukimura hadn't been sick, Kirihara most likely would have sat that game out.

He wasn't trained to beat Tezuka, he wanted to beat him, but that was on his own to prove his strength, his senpai never thought he was strong enough to do that

He was winning because Konomi gave him bloodshot eyes, he needed an upgrade to start beating Ryoma, Ryoma got an upgrade to beat his upgrade

Tokugowa is a player who pertty much paralyzed Kirihara with a stare on day 1, and whooped Ryoma, told him to go the mountain training camp, and showed him the ability to be able to hit 5 balls at once, and Ryoma strived to go further, to 10 balls at once just to catch up to him.
    Mountain Training, 5 ball tech, 10 ball tech, this is pretty much all Ryomas done, and it was all because he lost and wanted to catch up to Tokugowa

He beat Ryoma, encouraged him to become stronger, just like Tezuka did back in PoT

Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by redhairSH View Post
    Kirihara was Rikkai's S2 because Yukimura was sick, and Renji knew that Inui would be Singles 3 and thought he could beat him, and the other two were doubles pairs. If Yukimura hadn't been sick, Kirihara most likely would have sat that game out.
    Let me change the story too. If Tezuka was around Fuji wouldn't had played S2, he would had played S3, so Renji wouldn't play S3, and Kirihara would had played anyway

He wasn't trained to beat Tezuka, he wanted to beat him, but that was on his own to prove his strength, his senpai never thought he was strong enough to do that
    I may have missed this, all I see is this

http://i16.mangareader.net/prince-of...nis-643911.jpg

http://i40.mangareader.net/prince-of...nis-643912.jpg

and this

http://i9.mangareader.net/prince-of-...nis-645198.jpg

I didn't know he was the one that decided his sparrying matches, I always thought the captains / vice-captains were in charge of decisions.

He was winning because Konomi gave him bloodshot eyes, he needed an upgrade to start beating Ryoma, Ryoma got an upgrade to beat his upgrade
    ...no. He got bloodshot eyes to beat Tachibana, not Echizen.

Tokugowa is a player who pertty much paralyzed Kirihara with a stare on day 1, and whooped Ryoma, told him to go the mountain training camp, and showed him the ability to be able to hit 5 balls at once, and Ryoma strived to go further, to 10 balls at once just to catch up to him.
    Mountain Training, 5 ball tech, 10 ball tech, this is pretty much all Ryomas done, and it was all because he lost and wanted to catch up to Tokugowa

He beat Ryoma, encouraged him to become stronger, just like Tezuka did back in PoT
    ...pls don't compare Tezuka and Tokugawa, we had a similar discussion before lol.

Actually, you're kinda right there. I forgot that he really wanted to play with him and someone told him he need 10 bao... but when he came back to the camp he didn't show much interest in playing against Tokuwaga (it was actually backwards, Tokuwaga wanted to see how much he improved, that's were the "little brother" comes from I guess).

BUT BACK TO TOPIC, I don't think Tokuwaga should win because of that (getting an improvement so that Ryoma aims at him). Ryoma already has Tezuka, Nanjiroh and now Ryoga,

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Korean Kuroko View Post
    Wouldn't be the first time Chitose was wrong:-P
    Actually, Chitose give a very good foreshadowing. The two characters (Kintarou and Tezuka )that Chitose thought is able to obtain PoP are the only MS as well as the first 2 characters that use and obtain PoP in SPoT.

---------- Post added at 06:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:41 PM ----------

Not really the same, since Ryoma beat Kirihara, and got destroyed by Tokugowa. Also, Tokugowa has been built up to be the strongest 2nd stringer of the camp(not counting and Tanegashima since they were really 1st stringers), whereas Kirihara was never the number 2 of Rikkai, he was always a distant 4th at best, more likely a 6th or 7th
    I think if Echizen are playing Kirihara at the very beginning of PoT, he would get destroy too.
    Last edited by -Ken-; December 05, 2013 at 06:48 PM.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Korean Kuroko's Avatar
    Country
    Puerto Rico
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by -Ken- View Post
    Actually, Chitose give a very good foreshadowing. The two characters (Kintarou and Tezuka )that Chitose thought is able to obtain PoP are the only MS as well as the first 2 characters that use and obtain PoP in SPoT.
    Oh good point there.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hardy View Post
    BUT BACK TO TOPIC, I don't think Tokuwaga should win because of that (getting an improvement so that Ryoma aims at him). Ryoma already has Tezuka, Nanjiroh and now Ryoga,
    I don't know if I want Tokugowa to actually win, my point was that if he won it would build him up for a rivalry with Ryoma, as a teammate for him to surpass

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Friss's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Wonder what Rinko thought when she heard about Ryoga.

THE MH FOODIE 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Sai_the_Shaman's Avatar
    Country
    Earth Kindom
    Post Thanks / Like

she probably thougt, "well, id id marry a man whore ">.> she did aftera lls ee all the girls he hung around....

I'm more interested in how Ryoga got so gooda t tennis without Nanjirou in his life...unless the aunt was likea. former pro...
    Last edited by Sai_the_Shaman; December 05, 2013 at 11:33 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe his aunt married Bundro.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

...maybe his aunt is Bundro with a wig D:

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Friss's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sai_the_Shaman View Post
    she probably thougt, "well, id id marry a man whore ">.> she did aftera lls ee all the girls he hung around....

I'm more interested in how Ryoga got so gooda t tennis without Nanjirou in his life...unless the aunt was likea. former pro...
    Probably haha.

And perhaps he just had natural talent and trained hard knowing who his dad actually is.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Bouvet Island
    Post Thanks / Like

I believe Byoudouin will show off 10 glowing balls at once when he becomes serious enough.

Even gods could not be absolutely certain whether they existed at the most fundamental level of reality or were themselves simulated.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

I like the chapter, now that the flashback is done, hopefully next chapter is a full fight between Tokugawa and Byoudouin,

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ashore's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

byouduin probably been improving as much as tokugawa. if he's the typical player who likes to improve adn defeat all in his way ie ONI's kishin mode, then tokugawa should be crying soon.

While the storyline probably will end up tokugawa winning, I would like tokugawa to lose and have ryoma step in.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner strawhats12's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I would've liked to see Ryoma vs Byoudouin but i guess its appropriate that Tokugawa takes him on instead since they have more of a personal history.

New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3