Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 515 (2)
New Reply

Thread: Sharogy's Manhua Thread

Intl Translator 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Sharogy's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Sharogy's Manhua Thread

Been active a lil while as Chinese -> Eng translator for EGS, thought it would be a good idea to start archiving my stuff here.

I translate mostly HK comics, seinen martial arts stuff, but occasionally also some light hearted genres.

Outside translation i'm also a capable cleaner/redrawer and typesetter, so i have scanlated some series entirely on my own, well, with some help from other EGS' staff i suppose.

Current Projects:
    Feng Shen Ji
    Lawless
    Song of the Long March (Choukakou)
    Killer - Unparalleled Freedom
    Once Again

Finished stuff:
    City of Darkness Side Story
    Wolf & Mary

Stuff i no longer do:
    Heroes of Spring and Autumn.

Stuff i helped with:
    City of Darkness
    Blood and Steel

PS: Trying to upload all my scripts, but it is such a pain.
    Last edited by Sharogy; January 21, 2014 at 12:23 PM.

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sharogy's Manhua Thread

Hi, it's nice that you created your own thread here in MH. Manhua comics are no much popular, but I have had very good times with FSJ. So as usual thanks a lot for your dedicated and pretty good work!!

The other day you and Zehahaha were talked about The Ravages of Time, and you said is arguably the best mahwa ever (and now I'm so intrigued with it). Let me ask you two questions: Why this manhua is not much known among the western readers? What other manhwas do you know with the same quality than FSJ and The Ravages of Time?

Very welcome Sharogy!!

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

well, Ravage of Time is an adaptation of the Romance of Three kingdoms, such genre has never been popular to the western audiance regardless of quality, but in contrary it is very popular in the eastern hemposphere. There is no one who doesn't know the stories of Guan Yu, Liu Bei, Lu Bu or Cao Cao.

The series Kingdom for example, it had absolutely 0 hype before the anime started airing. even though it was very popular in china long before. Just as natural the story setting of romance of three kingdom is for someone from China/Japan , the periode the story Kingdom is based on, the Periode of Spring and Autumn is like common knowledge over there, we dont need to dig wiki to know/remember who someone was.

to put it simply, there are more people who have read romance of the three kingdom than there are those who have read Lord of the Rings. (might have changed after the film)

There were some major HK comic titles in the past, Storm Rider for example, it is been on going for 24 years ~! (only ended recently), with 3 movies and a TV drama under it's belt, it is one of the most popular HK comic of all time, but it was never scanlated past volume 3 . if it gets the kingdom treatment of 10 chapter a week, who knows, it might get popular too lol,
    Last edited by Sharogy; December 05, 2013 at 11:35 AM.

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

I started the Song of the Long March, and I found it really really good. Nice art, nice plot, really nice characters (by casualty I was looking for a story about a strong woman, so I got lucky). I'm on chapter 3, but, to me, in quality, it seems a story comparable to FSJ. I see it's also historical story. Do you know of some references for this story? In what ancient story the author inspired to write this one?

I was going to try the Romance of Three Kingdoms but it's very long and I have not the time to read it.

---------- Post added at 12:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:42 PM ----------

I forget to say, I opened a thread here in MH for discussion of SLM, so maybe you wouldn't mind to answer me there in the thread.

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Feng shen Ji is not a historical manhua, it has a historical setting sure, but the story was from the beginning till the end.... fiction.

SOTLM is however more close to real history, atleast it hasnt deviated from it

Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, it's obvious FSJ is not historical. I was only comparing quality... SOTLM is very nice!

---------- Post added December 09, 2013 at 02:32 PM ---------- Previous post was December 05, 2013 at 08:47 PM ----------

Hi Sharogy. If you have the time, would you mind to tell us what this One Piece spoiler says?:

Quote Quote:
    【公告】海贼王731情报 (内详)
    cup 发布于 2013年12月9日
    评论数 32
    惊悉本话剧情过于冲击,

情报师晕过去了。

决定暂停731话情报剧透更新。

重要提醒:

那些还在慢慢攒着漫画的同学,

给你们一天的时间追上最新进度吧。

动画党则对不起啦。

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Shouldnt you be asking one piece spoiler like, to the mangastream stuff?

This is some really random post, Usually there is this quick spoiler post every time the raw comes up, you can recognize it from the word, 情报

It says

Due to the overly explosive nature of this chapter's content
    Spoiler reporter fainted.
    Therefore no spoiler for chapter 731 will be posted.

Important Notice:
    Those slow readers who likes to stock up chapters
    ,You got another day to get up to date.

Apologies from Anime Party.

Quote Originally Posted by ukimix View Post
    Yes, it's obvious FSJ is not historical. I was only comparing quality... SOTLM is very nice!

---------- Post added December 09, 2013 at 02:32 PM ---------- Previous post was December 05, 2013 at 08:47 PM ----------

Hi Sharogy. If you have the time, would you mind to tell us what this One Piece spoiler says?:

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply