Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply

Thread: One piece Chapter 490 ,shanks connection??

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

One piece Chapter 490 ,shanks connection??

I was rereading the thriller bark when I arrived at this Chapter. Before the arc there is a legend that hundreds of ship disappear from florian triangle, once moria is introduced it can be assumed that this was moria's doing however the chapter clarify that the legend is indeed true "10 years ago".

Obviously from the silhouette we can easily assume that this is a sea monster,, But the wording seems to imply that this is ancient and deep mystery which obviously connected to the "black Century". If we assume that this a creature then the silhouette is its body, but why is not moving?. this could mean it is dead or simply in hibernation.. Finally the chapter imply that this creature is moving until 10 years ago, which is the start of the series.

Other than its connection in the black century,, I think this creature or whatever it is is connected to Shanks, Well if it is a creature then he probably killed it or injured to the point of hibernation. this may have been one of the reason he become a yonkou.

On the other note,, This silhouette can be a machine or simply the ancient weapon PLUTON, however base on the series it seems that the pluton is in alabasta,,

give me your thoughts,thanks

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One piece Chapter 490 ,shanks connection??

Maybe that monster that we "seen" -scary eyes in fog- will be explained as some kind of fog-producing creature that lives in New World as well. Or/and Moria found that monster and did something to tame it.

I that you pointed that out. Timing also fits with Shanks arriving at New World.
    Also Moria vs Kaid must have happened around 10 years ago in this case. Time when Doflamingo became a Warlord- gotten title of Dressrosa King. Maybe Oda will show that some big conflict happened those 10 years ago.
    Moria must have been such a beast in his prime to fight with Kaido. Hope that he will get reintroduced soon as badass close or better than his old self. Not broken, fat slob that we seen till now.
    Last edited by vagabond87; December 05, 2013 at 02:24 PM.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't see a connection between Shanks and that monster. Nothing actually connecting them. It's just there, in Florian Triangle, no hints, no traces, nothing.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I would mysteries to stay mysteries and Shanks having nothing to do with it. Oda has to leave some stuff to imagination or it will become a boring series, explaining everything in great detail.
    Firm but Fair

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    I would mysteries to stay mysteries and Shanks having nothing to do with it. Oda has to leave some stuff to imagination or it will become a boring series, explaining everything in great detail.
    I meant that Shanks meet Rayleigh 10 years ago just before entering New World. Around same time Moria came back from New World.
    Also Doflamingo taken over Dressrosa.

Overally as I dont agree with point of first post Its good that timing was pointed out.
    Maybe 10 years ago something happened that we dont know yet- it caused some big names like Shanks, Moria and Doflamingo move. Maybe it was some kind of conflict. We dont know this.
    Also this "monster in fog" looks like something that will be explained in future. Maybe fog creating seaking of sorts that we will see when Shirahosi will use her power closer to end of story. Who knows what is its origin. It might be connected to ancient times.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Oda said that Moria came to the Florian Triangle, but the legend circulating about that area has been going on long before Moria's arrival, and Oda showed us something there as the possible culprit behind that legend

It could be anything, a monster or something else, Oda does not leave such mysteries unexplained so we'll get the explanation sooner or later anyway, but if Oda decided to omit it back then, it could've something to do with the Void Century perhaps who knows

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree that mysteries makes the story more exciting and that this creature may have nothing to do with shanks, however won't you agree that the timing is just too good. from what I can gather 10 years ago Kadou and moria is fighting, obviously this will shake the new world and at the same time dolflamingo earn his spot as a warlord and conquer dressrosa. This is just my theory or simply my imagination, oda stated that the legend is going on for a long time and 10 years ago it seems to stop,how or why?. My answer is shanks defeated or neutralize that creature probably with rayleigh, why you say obviously it is a precaution to protect luffy's journey because there is a chance that luffy might encounter it and meet his demise. I think that you would agree that shanks trust luffy very much and he is sure that luffy will be a great pirate, however that creature might be too much for him. Even if this is all wrong I am confident that this has ties to the black century, however that fact gives me a reason to believe that shanks is related to it because all of roger's crew know what did happen to the blank century, so if this has ties to it naturally they will have some information about it since most of the time ships that encounter it meets there demise. My point is the timing is just too great I just speculate. even if shanks is not connected to it is okay, since I believe that shanks being a yonkou is his way of helping and protecting luffy.

Lastly I think Shanks is in ZOU.

New Reply