Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Mob Psycho 100 by One

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Mob Psycho 100 by One

Mob Psycho 100
    Genre: Comedy, Supernatural
    Author: ONE
    Summary Kagamaya Shigeo alias Mob is a real Psychic. Despite his power he is rather a looser and has no friend or hobby. Discover his adventure in this other hilarious comedy by the same author as Onepunch Man.

My thought : Before Murata redraw Onepunch Man, it was already extremely popular online despite a sketchy art that a lot of people will probably dislike. That was because One comedies are really funny so I'm happy that another one of his title has been picked. First chapter that introduces fake psychic Reigen Arataka makes it a perfect start.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity SharkBait's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mob Psycho 100 by One

Art is tragically atrocious but the plot psychic schoolboy five chapters in is entertaining enough to keep me reading.

SoTaku is Love | Team Haikyuu!! | Team Stealth Symphony | Team Food Wars!

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm used to such art so it doesn't bother me. And I think the author plays with it a little.
    But yeah no cute boys in these one :-)

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by k-dom View Post
    I'm used to such art so it doesn't bother me. And I think the author plays with it a little.

I guess IM so used to One Punch Man that it was hard to do this art, though thats probably an unfair comparison since that is One and someone else, while this is just One alone. Could a talented artists adapt this?

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Well I'm not sure it is necessary since this is mainly a gag manga. A lot of them don't have super art level (and that is general to all comics, strip artists don't draw the same as super hero comic)

---------- Post added December 09, 2013 at 12:21 AM ---------- Previous post was December 06, 2013 at 04:57 PM ----------

My mistake it seems it is a bit more serious than I expected first

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Torca's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

ONE is really great story writer. He's taking a typical concepts adding something magical and makes really funny and epic manga. I really love this one, I didn't read original OnePunch-man so I can't compare it to that but I have read Makai no Ossan and I like this one way more than than Ossan. Reigen is my favourite character, gags with him are just so hilarious. The best moment so far was Mob joining Body Improvement Club (this guys are also great!), I laughed so hard in this moment.

Ch.12.
    So now the question is if our MC will fight this guy (forgot his name). Body Improvent Club will probably fail.. or.. I don't know with ONE we can see everything but I want them to lose cause it would be really nice to see Mob fighting him. Also this pictures at the end with stats of everyone from Body Improvent Club! Especially the guy with practically no eyebrows and too much forehead space
    Sorry for my English -.-

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Teeba's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Since it was already popular in Japan (just like how Onepunch-man was popular before Murata's remake) there are quite the number of bishonen-y fanart to be found of it anyway. I used to get so confused searching for Onepunch-man fanart because I'd be seeing Mob Psycho 100 too, like they were grouped together (most probably fans read both). From what I've seen people like shipping the main character with his teacher.

I'm glad people are starting to translate it, I've always wanted to know what it's about.

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Torca View Post
    Also this pictures at the end with stats of everyone from Body Improvent Club! Especially the guy with practically no eyebrows and too much forehead space
    Indeed, today I learned my knowledge of anabantid was 0

Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Indeed, today I learned my knowledge of anabantid was 0
    Yup, anabantid aren't my speciality either, so now only president Musashi stats are left.

Ch.13
    FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT! It's so easy to manipulate my emotions, I hate this guy already (his name?). I really want to see Mob giving him a proper lesson.
    Sorry for my English -.-

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ErosVp's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

CH. 15 was hilarious! Seeing Teru becoming bald was something only this crazy author can pull during a fight...

What do you desire? Money? Glory? Power? Revenge? Or something that surpass all others?
    Whatever you desire.... That is here... Tower of God!

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes that was funny. Especially since he is particularly annoying. But what made me the most laugh in this chapter were the percentages.
    I guess Dimple was not really completely exorcised. After all those chapters with him, I started to get used to him
    And even if I understand that Mob is immune to psychic attacks, being crushed through a wall should affect him don't you think ?

Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes that was funny. Especially since he is particularly annoying. But what made me the most laugh in this chapter were the percentages.
    I guess Dimple was not really completely exorcised. After all those chapters with him, I started to get used to him
    And even if I understand that Mob is immune to psychic attacks, being crushed through a wall should affect him don't you think ?
    I was also thinking the same, maybe he had his psychic barrier switched on and now when this guy.. Teru! attacked him he switched it off? Or his barrier is easy to penetrate for normal guys to penetrate? Hole but it's not a really important matter.

This guy is so irritating! But he shined with his Teru Baldness 0%.
    Sorry for my English -.-

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Kalyra's Avatar
    Country
    New Zealand
    Post Thanks / Like

It's an interesting story, the characters are all kind of crazy and unique but it's unexpectedly wise in some parts.. Haha
    These everyday updates are like what I look forward to in the morning, always there when I wake up. Bless the scanalators.

A lot of people get put off by the art, I think even though One's art is scribbly and stuff. He makes it interesting, because of the different gestures and expressions. It really fits what the story is about. It's better than art out there which is clean but dull in my opinion.
    Last edited by Kalyra; December 18, 2013 at 06:18 PM.

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Mr. Arashi's Avatar
    Country
    Chile
    Post Thanks / Like

This One has a narration style which is very simple and puts a lot of speeches to draw more, that technique is used to draw less. Funny thing is an author who enjoys doing work.

Interesting atm.

---------- Post added December 24, 2013 at 10:01 AM ---------- Previous post was December 22, 2013 at 05:25 PM ----------

The leader guy of the body improvement club is garness made chivalry

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Made it up to 24, I like the brother kageyama r more though, entertaining and enjoyable plot and his wanting to help mob out and such and even protect him a bit. Hope he continues to get good involvement and actual powers.

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast