Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)

View Poll Results: With whom will Ootake be paired in the future?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • He will remain as Starjun's combo

6 60.00%
  • Become Midora's partner

1 10.00%
  • Will be paired with one of the Heavenly Kings

2 20.00%
  • Other (specify)

1 10.00%
New Reply
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Toriko 261 Discussion Thread

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member senadtm87's Avatar
    Country
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Toriko 261 Discussion Thread

Even with GCs he would be still be weak compared to HKs, having GCs isn't only thing necessary to be Hunter, you need to have learned special skills, have will to fight, intuition, genetic predispositon and many other things. Having Melk knife is only good for attack, but even if some monster etc. 4 beast Lion punched in ground 5 kilometars from him he would fly off(already happened), that means his defence is 0. And if we take in considiration that he cant heal like Toriko he would be screwed.
    So far every person who went in GW is old, the youngest are Starjun and Grinparch which have like insane skill and predisposition for being Hunter. So he would need years to fight with that kind of monsters. Komatsu doesnt need to be some monster but he needs basics that without GCs cant aquire.
    Last edited by senadtm87; December 14, 2013 at 09:39 AM.

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Im thinking about another theory, What if Komatsu already had latent Gourmet Cells, Not necessarily that improves his fighting ability, as we never saw Frohze hunt/fight during the flashback.

So his gourmet cells could be specialized in handling ingredients, yet as strong as he may become, he will still be a good natured person that doesn't like bashing people.

The whole Talented Cook and can hear Ingredients voices with no logical explanation just seemed to far fetched for me in the first place !

We never got a full glimpse of what Training Komatsu went through, also in terms of ingredients they gathered, its not like he was mostly useless being carried around, he still got somewhat accustomed to the environment, so despite being a liability on the field, and toriko having to compensate for his weakness by being way stronger (than the other 4hk, Awakening ? ) , i think Komatsu won't need any kind of injection, as he probably has them already, just didn't have to go through being an Orphan or having a harsh life, at least from what has been shown so far, Komatsu past is still a mystery.

4. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Kotonoha21's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by senadtm87 View Post
    @Kotonoha21: So your solution is Komatsu going on Torikos back in bunch of protective suites , never doing anything on his own, and never going to some parts where gravitation is increased. Environment will make him stronger, the question is only will it be before or when they go to GW.
    It’s not really a “solution” because I’m not sure that there’s a problem. When Toriko and Komatsu were doing Ichiryuu’s training, they managed to capture every ingredient on the list. Komatsu never had any health problems during that time, and there was never any issue made about his strength. That’s why I said that I don’t think he needs GCs for special climates: based on what we’ve already seen, he’s fine. However, it could be that that’s not the case: maybe next chapter, Ootake will say something like, “The atmosphere will crush you if you go outside,” (lol) and then I’d agree that it’s a problem that requires a solution.

Also, Komatsu didn’t clear high gravity because he needed to stay with Melk II instead, not because he couldn’t physically do it. Maybe if he had the right technology, he could? It’s unclear.

As for Komatsu “never doing anything on his own”: I mentioned in my last post that there are things that he alone can do because he’s weak. I’m not sure why Ichiryuu would have had them capture the Shining Gourami if this quality of Komatsu’s wasn’t important.

I think that’s about all I can say on the subject, since we still lack info on lots of things. For the record, I do believe that Komatsu will gain some sort of power-up in the end, whether it be GCs or something else.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Bowser's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Make Komatsu sit on Terry 24/7, so if anything happens, Terry runs away (with Komatsu)

Ok, maybe this is not the perfect solutions but still....XD

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member senadtm87's Avatar
    Country
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha21 View Post
    It’s not really a “solution” because I’m not sure that there’s a problem. When Toriko and Komatsu were doing Ichiryuu’s training, they managed to capture every ingredient on the list. Komatsu never had any health problems during that time, and there was never any issue made about his strength. That’s why I said that I don’t think he needs GCs for special climates: based on what we’ve already seen, he’s fine. However, it could be that that’s not the case: maybe next chapter, Ootake will say something like, “The atmosphere will crush you if you go outside,” (lol) and then I’d agree that it’s a problem that requires a solution.

Also, Komatsu didn’t clear high gravity because he needed to stay with Melk II instead, not because he couldn’t physically do it. Maybe if he had the right technology, he could? It’s unclear.

As for Komatsu “never doing anything on his own”: I mentioned in my last post that there are things that he alone can do because he’s weak. I’m not sure why Ichiryuu would have had them capture the Shining Gourami if this quality of Komatsu’s wasn’t important.

I think that’s about all I can say on the subject, since we still lack info on lots of things. For the record, I do believe that Komatsu will gain some sort of power-up in the end, whether it be GCs or something else.
    We see his capturing ingridients with Toriko different way. At Ice hell he was frozen and only because they had food luck they found that beasts and took their pelts, then at Vegetable sky he couldnt walk, breathe and if thunder or ice ball hit him he could die. Same thing was with Death falls he couldnt stand , and he had to wear bollet proof suit. If he couldnt walk on that plant while there was wind, he couldnt walk in 4 times gravity. As the lvl of monsters increase they have more destructive power, can use more techniques(fire,ice,poison) and he cant wear like 30 suits for everything and for some things there isnt suit like gravity. And what if huge rain ball hit him that cant be evaded.

P.S. If Komatsu had GCs they would be noticable because he already ate lot of great ingridients.

P.P.S. His ability of hearing ingridients is more like the OPs ability to hear voice of things like Gol D. Rodger could hear, and Luffy from time to time, and i think that maybe its more personal ability.
    Last edited by senadtm87; December 14, 2013 at 12:46 PM.

8. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, I doubt the author would want to reveal it asap either.

And considering the Acacia theory about Gourmet Cells, eating Even tastier ingredients makes the creature that ate them display even better tastiness, so im guessing its just a matter of plot for the author, up until now he didn't reveal the whole extent of Gourmet Cells powers, until after the 4th Beast Arc, so im guessing it just suits the whole kidnapping thing to have him awaken ( that would be a nice coincidence too, since Toriko seems to have awakened )

Also in regards to it being noticeable, other than Food Honor Mastery, Komatsu has been slowly improving on his cooking since the start, as well as to which extent he can hear ingredient voices as well as his food Luck, thus why i mentionned "Specialized Gourmet Cells", but its still all theory, Shima will probably surprise us with something awesome
    Last edited by Shyunpu; December 14, 2013 at 11:44 AM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner llPereirall's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Everyone is talking about surviving encounters with beasts, but you also have to deal with just the craziest environments you could think of. Even if he can get some kind of ability to defend himself or just ride Terry all the time that won't help him with the rest.
    Before when the biggest enemy was the actual environment of the area he always used some kind of equipment to help him out but I doubt that would do the trick in GW.
    Imo Komatsu is there to give the human point of view in a world where almost everyone is some kind of demigod. So I dont really want to see him getting really that strong. I wouldn't mind a power up but not a big one. I also want him to be more of a man in some situations, I don't want him to become emotionless or anything, that would just destroy his character but less crying would be nice.
    I don't know how Komatsu will become GW ready but I do hope it doesn't involve just a straight up super power up.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member VashDaStampede's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

For the chapter, I look at it more as a filler. It's the end of the year and the next chapter or 2 will probably be (doesn't have to be though) big cliff hangers for the Christmas/New Year break. Side note: I hate this break because its really like a 2 week break but we usually get a chapter super early so it ends up being like a 3 week break instead. Ugh!

For the Komatsu convo, if you've read my past comments you already know how I feel. But at the end of the day, Komatsu will at some point go to GW. The environments in GW are random. Even Toriko and Sunny got hammered their first time going. Even Jirou, one of arguably the strongest 3 in the manga said he has to stay sober in the Gourmet World. Either Komatsu will get GCs and get some serious training (time skip) or the IGO (or maybe Bishokukai) will introduce some kind of new suit that automatically adapts to GW climate for the weaker chefs to survive. One of the 2 has to happen...no way around it. Unless the author introduces something random. But also, that special suit doesn't help against wild beasts. And I'm sorry, it will just be so lame if Komatsu ALWAYS has to get saved by Toriko or just blind luck.

For the poll question...part of me thinks that Ootake will eventually go off and do his own thing. It seems like he's starting to humble himself but I don't see him partnering up with someone down the road. But I think through Komatsu he'll be able to get ingredients from the 4HK when needed.

12. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member obamamania's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

That suit already exists and has been in use since the beginning: GT robos. I'm not saying Komatsu will use one, but we have seen humanoid ones from Neo so it's not impossible. GTs are able to survive the gourmet world and there's not proof that a high class GT would be unable to translate most or all of one's skills. Midora had once planned to send his chefs there with GTs, so clearly they'd be of use.
    Last edited by obamamania; December 14, 2013 at 11:55 PM.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, Komatsu wants to always share all adventures with Toriko. He cherishes these feelings. And for him to continue doing it he can't go there with GT Robo. It would be some sort of fake feeling, since in fact you aren't there with your friend. So in order to be by Toriko's side he needs GC. He doesn't need to become a monster who can take the likes of Four Beast by himself, but he should be at least able to survive the extreme enviroments of Gourmet World to some extent at least.

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5