Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
New Reply

Thread: Dragon Lachrima, 3rd Generation Dragon Slayers, & Double Element Dragon Slayers.

Banned 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Dragon Lachrima, 3rd Generation Dragon Slayers, & Double Element Dragon Slayers.

This is mainly theory but i notice theres something that ties these all together and i just have some theories about all of it.

Dragon Lachrima we know is a lachrima that gives someone the ability to use Dragon Magic people who have this are Laxus, Cobra, Sting, & Rogue

3rd Generation Dragon Slayers are DS who were taught ds magic by a dragon and also have dragon lachrima inside of them.
    • The 3rd gen DS we know about lachrima appears to be the same type of DS magic as what they were taught
    • They both killed there Dragon teacher.
    • We know that dragon slaying magic evolves through killing dragons and "Bathing in the dragon's blood" is what was said but what if they don't mean literally the blood, what if Dragon Lachrima comes from a slain dragon similar to how when they killed Exceeds and lachrima was left behind. Seeing as they are both magical creatures it makes sense to me.
    • So If we were to assume that Rogue and Sting were originally Generation 1 DS Then as we saw killed their dragons and took the lachrima from them this would explain why they didn't have a seperate element lachrima and where they got the same element lachrima.
    • Which enables them to use Dragon Force

Then it opens up Double Element DS theory

So what if When natsu received all that magic power from laxus a 2nd Gen DS (Lachrima only) It basically left behind a small piece of Lightning dragon Lachrima, Not enough to use Dragon force but to access the double element attacks we've seen.

We know 3 double element Dragon slayer occurances (not counting other non DS magics natsus absorbed obviously)
    • Natsu with Laxus's Lightning
    • Future Rogue with Stings Holy
    • Gajeel with Rogue's Shadows

The thing in common from all of these is that the one whose power is being gained, has lachrima inside of them.

Few things all this info could mean
    1. Gajeel may have some of Rogues shadow lachrima within him and be the 2nd double elemented DS
    2. Dragons leave Lachrima upon death
    3. Lachrima of your same element allows you to open dragon force at will.
    4. Natsu may finally meet igneel only to see him die and get his lachrima then Dforce up, but lets hope not. I was hoping he would've got lachrima from Atlas flames leftover flame.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dragon Lachrima, 3rd Generation Dragon Slayers, & Double Element Dragon Slayers.

Laxus was using lightning magic before he became a gen 2 dragon slayer, so I always assumed that dragon lachrima didn't have a particular element, and just enhanced the properties of the mage, ex)lightning user becomes lightning dragon.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dragon Lachrima, 3rd Generation Dragon Slayers, & Double Element Dragon Slayers.

I dont think Natsu has a lachrima in him because of Laxus' lightning. Didn't they say he adjusted his stomach or made another stomach for it?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

i always thought something similar to that... the fact that all dual element dragons slayers get their second element from a DS with a lachrima inside gave me the idea that ds can only absorb and gain control of a second element, if and only when it comes from a lachrima (a dragon lachrima), not the mage itself, this being the reason why natsu can still control laxus lighting(who as a lachima inside) while not capable of continue using the magic from another mage, like totomaru (whose fire magic should be more compatible with a flame DS)...

and i also have the idea that something similar happened when natsu got to use flame god slayer magic... after all, it was only stated that Zancrow obviously didn't learn it from a god, nor Chelia (who learned from a book), so probably a requirement for it, is to have a lachrima inside the body (we don't have enough information on chelia, zancrow, nor orga to confirm or denied whether or not they have a lachrima inside), which enabled natsu to gain momentary control over it, being this somehow similar to what happened with ethereon. yet because of the magic coming from a different kind of lachrima, or probably the difference in the very basics of the magic (DS magic- GS magic, DS-etherion highly concentrated magic), didn't allowed him to continue using it.

i do like the theory of of the dragon lachrima coming from a slain dragon, i never thought about it, but it could explain why they are so rare. but i don't think the DS get to form a lachrima inside their bodies, they just get accustomed the the new kind of magic, and get to generate it... that or they have it somewhere inside their stomach, (next to their primary element).. after all the whole body of a dragons slayer seem a bit like a lachrima (generating, storing, multiplying, adsorbing and overall controlling a specific magic). but who knows maybe you're right on that one.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member thousandIN1's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think we might see Wendy with cobras poison ds for the upcoming battles
    I know she just gained dragon force but I feel this second power would be nice for her, seeing as she cut her hair and all
    http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/x-men-legends-3/signatures.html

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member DemonKing888's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by thousandIN1 View Post
    I know she just gained dragon force but I feel this second power would be nice for her, seeing as she cut her hair and all
    I agree Wendy's new serious attitude would benefit greatly from having poison magic, Wendy uses a lot of status effect magic, poison would be an expansion of that.

As for Sting and Rogue I would if they could give each other their power making them both double element DS, or would the DE DS be a FairyTail only skill.
    Last edited by DemonKing888; July 07, 2014 at 01:33 AM.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

hmm never gave this much thought. I thought the reason natsu was able to eat zancrow's god slayer magic was because he emptied himself and became an empty vessel and hence ate it and upon realizing it used it. To me god slayer is an extension of dragon slayer magic, it may even be dragon slayer magic with the "dragon" part removed ie the user doesn't have a lachrima or killed a dragon and has his blood to complete the ritual. The only person I believe who ever mastered several elements was acalognia the dragon king being a dragon slayer and being a person who killed and bathed in several dragons is the one who must have mastered several elements and used it to his disposal.
    It's weird however that natsu can't use god slayer magic as the fact he absorbed it means he should have figured it out and be able to use it as well. also how is natsu using lightning magic anyways considering his default element is "fire" anyways???? i mean how is he forming lightning anyways??

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Interesting theory... I personally think that it sounds a little forced, though.

I always assumed the Dragon Lacrima to be elementless. That's why Sting and Rogue don't have an additional element. Furthermore, I assume Laxus and Erik to have been thunder and poison mages before they got their lacrima, thus gaining the additional ability to activate a Dragon Force of their element. The Lacrima would basically not make them Dragon Slayers per se, but allow them to enter Dragon Force. Thus, 3G is nothing really special.

Concerning the Double Element Dragon Slayer, I remember a statement claiming that Natsu already ate Luxus' thunder when he was smaller, the statement being made at the end of the Sky Tower Arc. Thus, simply eating a foreign Dragon Slayer Element is not sufficient for gaining a double element. However, in the Tenrou Island Arc, Luxus was not fighting Natsu when he gave him the lightning, but rather was he gifting them to Natsu. Remember that Franmalth confirmed that souls and magic are at least related. Thus, only if a dragon slayer eats a foreign element that is ment as a gift, thus being positive towards the dragon slayer, he will be capable of activating that element freely later on.

Thus said, I really hope that Gajeel can't reenter Shadow Iron Dragon Mode spontaneously. And this theory would also explain why Natsu couldn't reuse God Flames from Zancrow or Hellfire from Atlas Flame.

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

As far as several elements go I think there are several people in the manga that have mastered them. The info page on makarov and laxus says the two of them have mastered multiple element. Acknologia having multiple elements is a bit of a stretch as far as we know. We literally know nothing about the guy.

How would wendy get poison though? I don't think she has even met cobra and eating his element is bound to cause damage more than anything. It is a bit different from other DS magics, the others I can see people just eating but in this case wendy would be eating poison. She would be getting the element exactly where it needs to be to cause the most damage. Otherwise she could purify it however in that case it wouldn't be a thing. She would need to eat the poison and assimilate it which is a bit of a weird concept here. It would be a good combination though. She would be able to strengthen herself using her sky magic while weakening the enemy using poison. It would perhaps be too hax though.

As far as zancrow, I would argue the reason natsu could not use his fire again was simply because it is a flame not accessible to dragons. It is a god's flame, it is a flame made by someone with the constitution and power of a god. An innate power to a god. It is not something a dragon could naturally do. Unless the dragon learned god slaying magic (which presumably they can considering dragons can learn magic too). As far as atlasflame's fire I would think that perhaps the issue is similar to what happened with zancrow's flame. If slaying magics are meant to be specific and different dragons can sport different types of unique innate abilities then it makes sense each slayer has the element from the dragon they are mimicking. In that regard perhaps atlasflame's fire is something akin to a different element. Or perhaps it is simply not stronger than igneel's own fire hence why natsu has not really adopted it. Igneel is supposed to be the strongest of the fire dragons and their king, it makes sense his flame would be stronger than atlasflames. And natsu is already using igneel's fire.

The first time natsu ate laxus' fire he presumably natsu did not use the element. In turn gajeel was indeed able to use rogue's element this time around. I would think it is not only possible but probable that gajeel has the element nowadays. I don't see any reason for him not to considering what we saw. One of the comments gajeel made was that if natsu could then there is no reason for him to not be able to do the same.... Gajeel probably has kept that although it will not necessarily be the case that he will be able to use it. Natsu had to get his second origin to be able to do this, gajeel as far as we know does not have that.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member KungPaoChicken's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by thousandIN1 View Post
    Poison Air Dragon. She can poison the air all around her. Ohh man that would be epic.

Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

No matter who is the most strongest. First Generation ROCKS!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member KungPaoChicken's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

Just because of the characters they rock. I prefer Gajeel over Natsu. I mean Shadow and Steel sound a lot more interesting then lightning. I mean Natsu just cases him self with Lighting to increase his power. He cant even manipulate it like Laxus. -__- . Gajeel on the other hand uses it to his full potential.

Laxus by far is the coolest DS.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member thousandIN1's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think Wendy has ever met cobra but with the future of crime Sorciere (+Oracion seis) it is likely that we might see them join forces
    Originally she healed cobra's poison when Erza got infected. So who knows it possible that only she could build a natural immunity to it. Just like how she ate the ethrion air to finish off that demon, Ezel. She could swallow cobras poison and create a miracle cure...?

I thought the reason Zancrow's fire did damage to Natsu ?? I'll have to reread

So would it be possible for Laxus to gain a second element ? Or is that just to people who were taught DS magic?
    http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/x-men-legends-3/signatures.html

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member milek's Avatar
    Country
    Serbia
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, Zancrow's fire did damage to Natsu. At the end he just eat it like everything else and kicked his ass.

First generation can probably eat anything and get power up.

New Reply