Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 489 by kewl0210 , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: theory on the classification of Mangekyo Sharingan's as brough up by Madara

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Prince Sasuke's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: theory on the classification of Mangekyo Sharingan's as brough up by Madara

Kisame, you should add Izuna's MS picture to the opening thread.
    Last edited by Prince Sasuke; December 08, 2013 at 06:50 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Rikudobito's Avatar
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes you're right in everything but I think Izuna's one is a straigth comma as you can see he has many Straight lines in his mangekyou sharingan but what I find confusing is that when madara obtained his EMS he had those "lines" Izuna had so maybe he got both the "curved comma" and 'straight comma" and obtained both their powers making him very quick in his movements too. Though with obito's and itachi's curved comma I understand now their movements aren't so "fluid"

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

If Izuna's Sharingan has the same qualities as Sasuke's then that would explain Tobirama's speed and reason for developing Hiraishin.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ninjabot's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well the answer to the age old question "Does the Mangekyou grant greater perceptive abilities than a regular Sharingan?" The answer is not only yes, but apparently there's one that's particularly more skilled at perception than others (straight tomoe).

While I never took the "straight or curved" aspect to heart, I did always think Sasuke's Sharingan was special thanks to the colors being inverted. His is not only the only straight tomoe Sharingan we've seen, but the only Sharingan with reversed colors. I expect that to count for something down the line.

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I disagree. All MS's except Sasuke all have curved lines. Shisui could be debatable, the picture of only his MS, he doesn't have curved lines. If we go by the picture that shows his entire face, the MS is curved.

This seem like information even the great Itachi didn't know. Only way more information is brought about this topic Sasuke must ask questions, and Madara is the only one with answers.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Roman's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Itachi's, Shisui's, Obito's MS versions are all similar, pointing out the leaning to Genjutsu (Kamui isn't exactly Genjutsu but it looks that way). Madara's, Izuna's, Sasuke's are a bit different (even though Madara's is also "going in circle" but still more leaning here than there), pointing out to Ninjutsu or something else, in my pov.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

How does kamui look like genjutsu? Its a portal to another dimension, it does not seem to have anything in common with genjutsu in any form or context.

Anyways, the weird thing here is that sasuke's MS seems to have standarized techniques while in turn the other MS' seem to have their own unique attributes. So perhaps the straight comma thing refers to MSs which are capable of the generic MS techniques we have seen which are amaterasu, tsukioyomi and susanoo. And the users of this techniques and type of MS would naturally be itachi, sasuke and madara. In turn then we have the other MSs. We have seen 2 other sets of eyes with two distinct abilities. Unlike the other MS it does not have multiple abilities but rather uses a single technique of great power. Obito had the single greatest space time ninjutsu conceivable easily outclassing hiraishin in terms of usage and practicality. Shisui had the koto amatsukami, the single greatest genjutsu the manga has shown so far.

So perhaps the issue here is the standard MS (potentially the straight comma one) and a non straight comma which obito and shisui had. The case can be made that while the first version produces standardized techniques it is also the one with the most potential. Sasuke has made his amaterasu into a new element, has access to tsukioyomi (if he were as good at genjutsu as itachi) and susanoo has shown to be able to grow as far as the user can take it. In turn the other MSs have shown very powerful techniques but have less versatility and apparently growth potential along with not having access to susanoo (which madara has shown to be able to be able to become as powerful as a biju).

I do have my doubts about the appearance of the MS being relevant to its abilities. There are 2 things to consider here. The first is that madara is blind, he could not see sasuke's MS even if his life depended on it. Also he says his MS feels like a straight comma which further suggests appearance is not all that important here.

Also worth noting is that only the MS which itachi, sasuke and madara have would have the limitation of causing blindness. Obito has been abusing his MS for years now and he does not seem blind at all. The case could be made that it has something to do with his senju cells however kakashi does not have that going for him and he does not appear to be going blind either. The manga never gave hints of shusui struggling with blindness either from what I recall.
    Last edited by kkck; December 09, 2013 at 01:04 PM.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    How does kamui look like genjutsu? Its a portal to another dimension, it does not seem to have anything in common with genjutsu in any form or context.

Anyways, the weird thing here is that sasuke's MS seems to have standarized techniques while in turn the other MS' seem to have their own unique attributes. So perhaps the straight comma thing refers to MSs which are capable of the generic MS techniques we have seen which are amaterasu, tsukioyomi and susanoo. And the users of this techniques and type of MS would naturally be itachi, sasuke and madara. In turn then we have the other MSs. We have seen 2 other sets of eyes with two distinct abilities. Unlike the other MS it does not have multiple abilities but rather uses a single technique of great power. Obito had the single greatest space time ninjutsu conceivable easily outclassing hiraishin in terms of usage and practicality. Shisui had the koto amatsukami, the single greatest genjutsu the manga has shown so far.

So perhaps the issue here is the standard MS (potentially the straight comma one) and a non straight comma which obito and shisui had. The case can be made that while the first version produces standardized techniques it is also the one with the most potential. Sasuke has made his amaterasu into a new element, has access to tsukioyomi (if he were as good at genjutsu as itachi) and susanoo has shown to be able to grow as far as the user can take it. In turn the other MSs have shown very powerful techniques but have less versatility and apparently growth potential along with not having access to susanoo (which madara has shown to be able to be able to become as powerful as a biju).

I do have my doubts about the appearance of the MS being relevant to its abilities. There are 2 things to consider here. The first is that madara is blind, he could not see sasuke's MS even if his life depended on it. Also he says his MS feels like a straight comma which further suggests appearance is not all that important here.

Also worth noting is that only the MS which itachi, sasuke and madara have would have the limitation of causing blindness. Obito has been abusing his MS for years now and he does not seem blind at all. The case could be made that it has something to do with his senju cells however kakashi does not have that going for him and he does not appear to be going blind either. The manga never gave hints of shusui struggling with blindness either from what I recall.
    i guess what he meant was that the kamui resembling a vortex looks like the spiraled shape or vortex shape of obitos mangekyo

---------- Post added at 01:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:11 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Sasuke View Post
    Kisame, you should add Izuna's MS picture to the opening thread.
    done!!!

im glad this topic has picked up some steam, hopefully kishi has some good answers for us

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member mioluva's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

How was Obito a coward? He took on a squad of adult ninja when he was still recovering from his condition, he took on the numerous guards protecting the hokage during narutos birth, he took on other elite ninja like Konan etc, and he was gonna fight the shinobi world alone even before kabuto offered help. His kamui emerged even before his incident. its what saved him from the falling boulders when he courageously saved kakashi. If its the nature of his abilities you deem as cowardly then its not fair. He was only using his abilities to their potential. Its like saying nagato was cowardly for using chakra absorption or shinra tensei for defense or Minato using ftg to avoid attacks.

Also the reason he hides himself so much was to go along with Madara's plan. If he showed himself all the time then that would've been at risk

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mioluva View Post
    How was Obito a coward? He took on a squad of adult ninja when he was still recovering from his condition, he took on the numerous guards protecting the hokage during narutos birth, he took on other elite ninja like Konan etc, and he was gonna fight the shinobi world alone even before kabuto offered help. His kamui emerged even before his incident. its what saved him from the falling boulders when he courageously saved kakashi. If its the nature of his abilities you deem as cowardly then its not fair. He was only using his abilities to their potential. Its like saying nagato was cowardly for using chakra absorption or shinra tensei for defense or Minato using ftg to avoid attacks.

Also the reason he hides himself so much was to go along with Madara's plan. If he showed himself all the time then that would've been at risk
    Ok hes not literally a coward

I will agree to that. But being defeated by talk no jutsu is pretty lame, even if he was heavily influenced by madara

---------- Post added at 10:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:24 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ninjabot View Post
    I just had an epiphany...

What if the Choku Tomoe Sharingan is better at predicting movements while the other types are better for recording images (photographic memory style) so that you can copy ninjutsu?

Think about it: Sasuke's only ever copied taijutsu. No ninjutsu. The only ninja we've seen use the Sharingan to copy ninjutsu were Itachi and Kakashi. When Madara says Sasuke can "move well", it's because he can time his attacks perfectly thanks to predicting Madara's movements (though Madara's fast enough to avoid him anyway).

That could have something to do with it. Though I'll admit copying ninjutsu should be as simple as copying the handseals... meaning Choku Tomoe would be best for that as well.

Shit. Sasuke probably just has the best type of Sharingan period, lol.

This was posted by ninjabot in another thread, its a decent idea.

It does go with what madara , i could see this being a valid hypothesis

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity KiSwordsman's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kisame Hoshigaki View Post

I will agree to that. But being defeated by talk no jutsu is pretty lame, even if he was heavily influenced by madara
    All I can say is I can't wait for Madara to suffer the same fate. I cannot wait. Obito was defeat by the plot as much as "talk no jutsu." He couldn't use everything at his disposal because the good guys had to come out on top. We may try to circumvent that by saying he's just stupid, because of the whole "Obito sucks" reflex, but come on now. Even still he was defeated by it after he gave Madara the metaphorical finger of his own volition and not beforehand

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KiSwordsman View Post
    All I can say is I can't wait for Madara to suffer the same fate. I cannot wait. Obito was defeat by the plot as much as "talk no jutsu." He couldn't use everything at his disposal because the good guys had to come out on top. We may try to circumvent that by saying he's just stupid, because of the whole "Obito sucks" reflex, but come on now. Even still he was defeated by it after he gave Madara the metaphorical finger of his own volition and not beforehand
    there is no doubt that obito was a victim of the plot no jutsu

but BACK ON TOPIC!!!

we are not debating obito's status or bravery here!!!

back to mangekyo sharingan talk!!!

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

There's really not much left to say. We need more than one line to continue to carry on conversations about this. Sad thing about it is, we have no ideal when the manga will mention this subject again.

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner forsak3n's Avatar
    Country
    Costa Rica
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm a little more inclined to think that Madara said it in figurative way, for example: we know that the sharingan had to have 3 commas to reach it's maximum potential on that instance, what if what Madara implied was that Sasuke's mangekyo was just like a sharingan with just 1 comma? which basically could be interpreted as a hint that those eyes (Sasuke's) have a lot more of potential of become more power than they are now and imho it will make sense, since he just got them and is just starting to get use to them!

My 5 cents.

PS: My theory is that the eyes shape isn't gonna change, they are just gonna grow in power...
    Last edited by forsak3n; December 13, 2013 at 11:56 PM. Reason: adding extra info to clarify theory

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Rikudobito's Avatar
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kisame Hoshigaki View Post

---------- Post added at 10:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:24 PM ----------

This was posted by ninjabot in another thread, its a decent idea.

It does go with what madara , i could see this being a valid hypothesis
    He was not only defeated by talk no jutsu but also by plot no jutsu.

---------- Post added at 02:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:44 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Sasuke View Post
    There's really not much left to say. We need more than one line to continue to carry on conversations about this. Sad thing about it is, we have no ideal when the manga will mention this subject again.
    Surely ...we don't even know if there is a curved tomoe yet we mention about that ...so it's pretty pointless to even think about this when Mr.Troll ( kishi ) is just going to forget about the idea.

New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast