Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply

Thread: Do You Create Your Own Beliefs, And Find Your Own Answers, Or Do You Follow Whatever Religion You Were Born With....?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner BeyondAnother's Avatar
    Country
    Dragonstone
    Post Thanks / Like

Confused Do You Create Your Own Beliefs, And Find Your Own Answers, Or Do You Follow Whatever Religion You Were Born With....?

I have my own beliefs, I don't want to go by what a book says, I want to find/discover my own answers. The world would almost be a better place if people weren't at war with their own beliefs. All these different theories and concepts! It's so confusing, yet intruging. Is there anything more? Or maybe it's just our own minds trying to hence that deep down, we have our own beliefs. So, tell me honeslty.....? What do you think?
    <a href=http://m.imgur.com/account/PurpleMistyRain/images/ZzFmP6S target=_blank rel=nofollow>http://m.imgur.com/account/PurpleMis...images/ZzFmP6S</a>

"Burnin' bridges one by one, descending closer to the sun"

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Drmke's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Do You Create Your Own Beliefs, And Find Your Own Answers, Or Do You Follow Whatever Religion You Were Born With....?

Both, for everyone I'd assume. My mom and dad weren't particularly religious and neither am I, but there are numerous "beliefs" (if you want to call them that) that my parents taught me (sometimes by me just observing how they behaved) that I am still realizing. So if this is a general question then it has to be both. If you are simply talking about religion, I have essentially taken my parents and grandparents beliefs and shaped them around the life I've lived which has led me to different conclusions than their experiences let them to. So kind of both again lol

OCCUPY THE WORLD

I got by Kaiten.
    <%M3J> Though I wouldn't mind Sari dominating me.

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Do You Create Your Own Beliefs, And Find Your Own Answers, Or Do You Follow Whatever Religion You Were Born With....?

I don't necessarily create my own beliefs, I just arrive at my beliefs based on evidence, what I've experienced, and what I personally would prefer. There's no evidence that deities exist, and I've experienced that proof when bad stuff happens in the world. I also would prefer to eat meat and cows and not waste time praying and all that, so I decided to forsake all beliefs in a higher being and religion.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kannazuki's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Similar to what was said by others above, I guess my beliefs and ethics are a synthesis of my own life experience, and influences from other people or cultures that made an impression on me at some point or another. In some cases, there might be patterns I believe I've noticed, or thinking I've done about various issues that lead me to develop certain convictions on a conscious level. For example, I don't believe in the supernatural aspects of any religion, but I firmly believe it's worthwhile to learn things from all cultures, including their religions.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Aruba
    Post Thanks / Like

when i was a kid i would blindly follow my own religion but when i grew i came to realize what is right and what is wrong so based on that i just follow the truth.

New Reply