Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 by BadKarma

View Poll Results: Tohno/Ochi vs Tezuka/Chitose

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tohno/Ochi

7 77.78%
  • Tezuka/Chitose

2 22.22%
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Tohno/Ochi vs Tezuka/Chitose

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tohno/Ochi vs Tezuka/Chitose

Quote Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
    Do you mean they'll never have the same prediction or they might not have the same prediction?
    As long as they don't have the same data (including their partner's), they'll never have the same prediction, that's just my opinion though. That's why the data pair was so effective.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Korean Kuroko's Avatar
    Country
    Puerto Rico
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hardy View Post
    Well, the executions aren't just power shots like Duke's Homerun. They aren't a product of Tohno's power, but his great tech. They are precise and deadly shots. I dunno if Hyakuren would work in that case.

Chitose gets raped by Ochi/Tohno, yes.
    Oh riiiiiight! I forgot about Tohno's executions being more technical than powerful.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, the executions aren't just power shots like Duke's Homerun. They aren't a product of Tohno's power, but his great tech. They are precise and deadly shots. I dunno if Hyakuren would work in that case.
    Well, back when Hyakuren was first introduced, Kite said "All of my shots, all of my spin, all of my power, all of my destructive force... everything's being returned to me at twice the rate that I hit it!" http://www.mangareader.net/422-27168...apter-271.html
    I feel like the executions would fall under the destructive force category at least.

Country
    Puerto Rico
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
    Well, back when Hyakuren was first introduced, Kite said "All of my shots, all of my spin, all of my power, all of my destructive force... everything's being returned to me at twice the rate that I hit it!" http://www.mangareader.net/422-27168...apter-271.html
    I feel like the executions would fall under the destructive force category at least.
    So you're saying it's not that Tezuka will hit back Tohno with the force of his executions but rather Tohno will be overwhelmed by his own destructive force being sent back at him 2-fold?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Korean Kuroko View Post
    Oh riiiiiight! I forgot about Tohno's executions being more technical than powerful.
    Despite being more technical than just mere power, Tohno would fall prey to Tezuka's Hyakuren. Hyakuren can double everything, and Tohno's executions are no exception. I see Tezuka returning them and I don't think Tohno can overcome his executions back at him with twice their normal strength.

If Chitose could use Saiki in doubles, and it'll be possible because that weakness needs to be overcome at some point, he could see when Tohno's going to hit one of his executions. Also, Tezuka Zone should work on them.

Ochi will score past Chitose with Mach, but Tezuka should be able to comfortably return it. Moreover, he has his Mental Pressure, but Tezuka will overcome it eventually.

Country
    Puerto Rico
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LetalHawk View Post
    Despite being more technical than just mere power, Tohno would fall prey to Tezuka's Hyakuren. Hyakuren can double everything, and Tohno's executions are no exception. I see Tezuka returning them and I don't think Tohno can overcome his executions back at him with twice their normal strength.

If Chitose could use Saiki in doubles, and it'll be possible because that weakness needs to be overcome at some point, he could see when Tohno's going to hit one of his executions. Also, Tezuka Zone should work on them.

Ochi will score past Chitose with Mach, but Tezuka should be able to comfortably return it. Moreover, he has his Mental Pressure, but Tezuka will overcome it eventually.
    I think Chitose should be able to return Mach serve.Didnt his rallies with Tezuka were so fast that the ball disappeared?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

I think they were using Kamikakushi every time they hit the ball. So it looked like the ball disappeared.

Country
    Puerto Rico
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LetalHawk View Post
    I think they were using Kamikakushi every time they hit the ball. So it looked like the ball disappeared.
    Well you know..still,the ball goes super fast beyond eyesight and Chitose still hit it(yeah it's his tech but still it's different when another guy does it to you).

Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

If Tezuka manages to return an execution in Hyakuren, he won't do a super execution, just a strong drive, that's what I meant to say.

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Korean Kuroko View Post
    Well you know..still,the ball goes super fast beyond eyesight and Chitose still hit it(yeah it's his tech but still it's different when another guy does it to you).
    I don't think Kamikakushi is a fast ball. I think the spin that make it dissapear, but it's been a long time since I read explanation for that so I'm not sure.

Anyways, considering Renji 100% fail to #17, I think Chitose is a complete fodder material here. Tezuka is probably stronger than Ochi, and maybe Tohno as well. But I don't think it's enough to close the gap. If you look at Ochi and Tohno base stats, they are facing two player on Yukimura level or potentially higher.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think that Tezuka without PoP is better than Tohno tbh. And Chitose in this match should be as relevant as Zaizen against Seigaku

Unless the Saiki combo works (...and we can noly theorize about it, never confirm it) it should be a kinda unbalanced match, with a win for the High Schoolers.

Country
    Puerto Rico
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok I'll give it to Ochi/Tohno for now.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Can someone tell me how Tezuka and Chitose win here? I just can't see any way for them to win, Chitose is just outmatched here, and I don't see Tezuka winning here by himself. HS win IMO.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

As long as they don't have the same data (including their partner's), they'll never have the same prediction, that's just my opinion though. That's why the data pair was so effective.
    Reading the chapter where it is explained again, I agree with you. Saiki is explained like a man as a pro chess player, when two people have Saiki they play with different styles of chess. That's the reason why Tezuka beat Chitose. I don't think a saiki synchro is necessarily going to happen.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

I do think if Tezuka got PoP, he can potentially win. We already see how 1 Godly player solo 2 top tier player. But without it, I think Chitose is too much of a sandbag.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2