Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 515 (2)
New Reply

Thread: Wall Maria districts

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Wall Maria districts

Hello, it's my first post on this forum ^^
    I registered because I wanted to make topic about this, if there was such a topic already then sorry for spam, I couldn't find it e.e

Is there any information about what happened to other Wall Maria districts (I mean like shinganshina)? I didn't notice anything about them in anime/manga. It should have been possible to keep those districts safe from titans in 845, when maria has fallen.

I see few possible explanations:

1. Those areas are very hard to use for agriculture so people wouldn't be able to cultivate enough food.
    This is quite possible, though it's whole district, they should have some food reserves, if only like 100 people would stay there they should be enough for quite long too.

2. Information didn't get there in time and titans broke in.
    I don't this option makes much sense, because R&B when talking with Eren and Armin about their home towns back in trainee days mentioned their village as kind of exception, only place where information didn't get in time.

3. Nobody wanted to stay there away from rest of humanity.
    It's quite possible I think, but still some people from military should, especially recon corps should send their people there and make good use of it.

4. Actually some people do live in those districts.
    Well, I find it a bit hard to believe it wouldn't be mentioned in manga, but on the other hand some people could stay there secretly, knowing that if they all go to wall rose, there will be food shortage.

Your thoughts on this? :'D

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Albania
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Wall Maria districts

Since the space between Wall Rose and Wall Maria was mostly a rural area, the food was produced in there and part of it was sold in the four districts. Since the land is now infested by Titans, the humans couldn't use those lands anymore, thus it would make sense for them to retreat to Wall Rose. What concers me is if they forgot to lock the inner door, the one that connects the districts with the rural area, so that the Titans wouldn't enter those districts.

Oh, and welcome to the forums.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Wall Maria districts

Well seeing how Shingansheena was almost all urbanized I doubt that humans could have survived in the other areas without farmland. Unless they got out at night to collect food or something.

Those districts could be useful for recovering Maria though. If they closed the gates they wpouks have a safe area.

New Reply