Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/20/14 - 10/26/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 516 (2) , Bleach 602 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: One Piece: Should I continue the series, or is it too late....?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Quantized's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece: Should I continue the series, or is it too late....?

The latest chapter is indeed a perfect example of one of the reaons why One Piece is so amazing!

The manga requires patience, but for those who can wait, typically what adults are cable of, are so rewarded!

Awesome chapter, freaking loved it
    Last edited by goldb; December 11, 2013 at 04:02 AM.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Personally, I don't care if she reads it or not. Her loss, if she won't.

Also, why would it be too late to start reading it?

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member S-H-I-G-U-R-E's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BeyondAnother View Post
    Warning: CRITICAL

People are going to absolutely hate me for saying/asking this, but idfk here I go. WHE THE HELL IS SO GREAT ABOUT ONE PIECE?? Or maybe it's just me?.... Mmmm. Nope.

First off, I've watched it a long time ago. Wasn't crazy about the art, storyline seems sensible and great, but it's SO popular? I might start watching it again. I have a feeling I'm missing out, honestly. I want to get into it again. Tell me what's so unique about it? Somebody fill me in a bit.
    Aside from what the others said (and I totally agree with them), I read ONE PIECE (the manga, since the anime is inconsistent and aside from that i could never really hold a candle to the manga) for maaaaany reasons. I LOVE IT!!! It's by far my favourite manga, and I've read over a hundred of them! What truly made me fall in love with it is that every character IS a character and not just a bunch of lines put together with the shape of a human being: every single character has a backstory, a motivation, has something that drives him, has thoughts and ideals and interacts with the world in a consitent and believable way... every single character is great, and them some are especially AWESOME! There are so many moving stories in their backgrounds... I can't remember how many times I cried reading this manga, sometimes for the sadness, sometimes for the pure joy, sometimes for the excitement, sometimes for the laughs. ONE PIECE has some of the most touching moments in all manga history, and I'm not exaggerating! You MUST read this! Scew the anime! READ IT!!! I promise you you WILL fall in love with it! Personally, I've read and re-read the whole manga more than 6-7 times and I always enjoyed the re-readings like they were my first. I think that's amazing for any story and it just shows how great a storyteller Oda-sensei is!

Please enjoy you reading!

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

This is not a reason... it's only for listen and watch: http://kirk-op.jalbum.net/One_Piece/default.html

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with what others have said. It's not the best selling and most widely read manga in Japan for nothing. There's something about ONE PIECE that resonates with as lot of people whether you're a fifty year old businessman or a ten year old schoolgirl.

However as hoeru has said earlier, if you start reading the manga not understanding what all the hype is about, you won't enjoy it fully. Read the manga with a fresh mind and take your time. There might be an impulse to catch up as fast as possible, but you'll end up missing out on a lot of things. Oda has been taking breaks here and there so there will be periods where you'll be closer to being up to date.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Quantized's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Asarii View Post
    I agree with what others have said. It's not the best selling and most widely read manga in Japan for nothing. There's something about ONE PIECE that resonates with as lot of people whether you're a fifty year old businessman or a ten year old schoolgirl.

However as hoeru has said earlier, if you start reading the manga not understanding what all the hype is about, you won't enjoy it fully. Read the manga with a fresh mind and take your time. There might be an impulse to catch up as fast as possible, but you'll end up missing out on a lot of things. Oda has been taking breaks here and there so there will be periods where you'll be closer to being up to date.
    Quite agreed with you here.
    One cannot enjoy something to even near its full potential when its being rushed, so definitely take it easy and just read when time is there for it, taking ones time to fall in love with the story.
    It needs time to sink in, so don't rush it

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    Also, why would it be too late to start reading it?
    Few members here, like kindredxiuxiu, are put off the manga due to the amount of chapters they have to go through to catch up. There's over 600 chapters, and many are too busy not being neets to be able to get through that many, especially when some watch yucky anime. I can't even blame them, because it took quite a while to get caught up... with bad quality of scanlations.
    Vote for koen for favorite senpai so koen is active again!

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, with moderate reading it would take like a month, maybe more, depending on free time.

I know when I start reading a new manga, I discard movies, tv, games, girlfriend or anything else I would normally do in free time. It took me like a week or two to read Hunter x Hunter. Gave it as an example because it was the last manga I read completely. I'm saying completely because I doubt it'll ever get finished.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity weixiaobao's Avatar
    i am reside within a creature that is bias
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    Few members here, like kindredxiuxiu, are put off the manga due to the amount of chapters they have to go through to catch up. There's over 600 chapters, and many are too busy not being neets to be able to get through that many, especially when some watch yucky anime. I can't even blame them, because it took quite a while to get caught up... with bad quality of scanlations.
    There is group that are redoing the early scan, I am not gonna mention them because I don't want them to get nuke.

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3