Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Shokugeki no Soma 52 Discussion/53 Predictions

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Leoat12's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Shokugeki no Soma 52 Discussion/53 Predictions

This is where you can post and discuss the spoilers for the next chapter of Souma.

24 Hour Spoiler Rule:
    • Mangahelpers enforces a temporary blockade for discussion of new spoilers/chapters. This blockade ends 24 hours after raws are publicly released.
    • For series with a forum, please keep all discussion regarding the newest chapter and its content inside the spoiler/chapter discussions until 24 hours have passed after the raw/chapter's release.
    • Please wait 24 hours before using art from new chapters in signatures and avatars.
    • Please wait 24 hours before posting any art based on new chapters in the art and stories section.
    • The 24 hour rule will be strictly enforced. This is a courtesy rule. Not every member reads spoilers and not everyone can read new chapters as soon as they are released.

Spoiler Pics and Translations:
    • At Mangahelpers we only allow three manga pages to be posted directly as spoilers.
    • This rule is not judged based on the number of thumbnails but the number of pages pictured.
    • Please provide hyperlinks for any excess pages.
    • Please do not re-post already available spoiler pics or summaries.
    • International translations may be posted in the spoiler discussion thread. A moderator will add it with credit to the English translation in the spoiler pics and summaries thread.
    • Do not significantly edit your post after more posts have been made. Please make a new post if new spoilers are available.

For-Profit Download Links
    • If a for-profit download link is provided, we ask that a non-profit alternative is available in the same post.
    • Linking to another website with for-profit download links and no non-profit alternative also violates site rules.
    • Mangahelpers asks that members who may not be comfortable using sites that help turn a profit for pirated material have a choice.
    • Mediafire, Rapidshare, and Sendspace are all non-profit links. Providing any of these as a download link fulfills the non-profit alternative requirement.
    • Spoiler: list of for-profit sites show

Spoiler: Formatting Spoiler Posts show
    Last edited by Leoat12; December 13, 2013 at 05:49 AM.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shokugeki no Soma 52 Spoiler Thread

Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DarkLordOfKichiku's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

The chapter's out!:

http://casanovascans.com/read/shokug..._soma/en/0/52/

The witch is defeated and her curse purged, I guess XD . Wonder what Erina's aide cooked to get that score though...

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Eru13's Avatar
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLordOfKichiku View Post
    The chapter's out!:

http://casanovascans.com/read/shokug..._soma/en/0/52/

The witch is defeated and her curse purged, I guess XD . Wonder what Erina's aide cooked to get that score though...
    Don't you mean Alice's aide?
    I loved White Nao, she's like Ryouko 2.0

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Ex-Shadow's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, so both of Nakiri's aide is very good at cooking. But the author decided to give him off-panel judge maybe indicating that he still has another "card" or maybe we'll get the explanation in the next chapter. Now I'm not really sure that Souma will get 90's. I think Souma will only get 80's yet still high enough to qualify or the next round.

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

I came to the conclusion that both of them are witches, but one is white and the another is black. In RPGs they would be a Cleric and a Sorcerer, respectively. XD
    Hisako provides the best dishes for a queen like Erina, I think we can say that Hisako and Megumi have similar talents, the ability to take care of who is eating. So, maybe, someday, Hisako and Megumi will be rivals? They are in the same group as well, I have the feeling that Megumi will bring something awesome and catch the attention of Hisako or even Erina's herself (if she is there).

Alice's lackey is better than Hisako for 1 point. Curious to see his specialty. I realized in this Autumn Election that strong cooks have specialty, but I cannot say that Yukihira has one... Will it be his weakness someday?
    Have a specialty has its pros and cons...
    Last edited by Leoat12; December 13, 2013 at 05:50 AM.

Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DarkLordOfKichiku's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eru13 View Post
    Don't you mean Alice's aide?
    Eep! Yeah, I guess me being tired had me writing the wrong name there

Quote Originally Posted by Eru13 View Post
    I loved White Nao, she's like Ryouko 2.0
    Yeah, small pity she doesn't stay that way XD .

Quote Originally Posted by Leoat12 View Post
    Alice's lackey is better than Hisako for 1 point. Curious to see his specialty. I realized in this Autumn Election that strong cooks have specialty, but I cannot say that Yukihira has one... Will it be his weakness someday?
    Have a specialty has its pros and cons...
    Maybe, maybe not. It might be harder for him to make an impact without having a speciality (for example, Hayama is better at spices than him, so it might be hard for Souma to make the same impact he makes, but we'll see how it goes with that).
    Having a speciality indeed has it's pros and cons indeed - just remember how it was said in chapter 43 that Souma's dad's speciality is "new and strange dishes", but this was apparently a weakness against opponents who were nothing special...
    Last edited by DarkLordOfKichiku; December 13, 2013 at 07:28 AM.

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLordOfKichiku View Post
    Maybe, maybe not. It might be harder for him to make an impact without having a speciality (for example, Hayama is better at spices than him, so it might be hard for Souma to make the same impact he makes, but we'll see how it goes with that).
    Having a speciality indeed has it's pros and cons indeed - just remember how it was said in chapter 43 that Souma's dad's speciality is "new and strange dishes", but this was apparently a weakness against opponents who were nothing special...
    Maybe in this case it's a disadvantage for Yukihira. The judges in the Autumn Election are seeking for new tastes and dishes because they are professionals who tasted of everything. With a specialty you can go more deeply in your knowledge and discover things that no one could think. Can Yukihira bring something new and outstanding without have curry as his specialty (or any specialty)? Let's see...
    I think he will bring something good enough to pass to the finals, but not to win this Autumn Election.

The pros and cons depend on the specialty. In Jouichirou's case his specialty is stronger with people like those judges in the Autumn Election who know many things about cook and can taste a "new and strange" dish properly, but in normal shokugekis it can be considered a weakness.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Eru13's Avatar
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shokugeki no Soma 52 Discussion/53 Predictions

Just a heads up, the big announcement is most likely a novelization

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Bowser's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

The final page, so well drawn! Hard to say where Yukihira will come to be honest, personally I've always imagined him to be the kind of person just managing to qualify, but he's got to somehow beat Hayama and I can't see Hayama not qualifying either...

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know what will happen, either. Generally, shonens tends to have this kind of dispute settled in one go, in other words, only one will be qualified having a complete victory over the other. That's why I said above that Nao could not be qualified, because she already "lost" to Hisako.
    The only way I can see to Hayama and Yukihira be qualified together is a draw in the first round.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Leoat12 View Post
    Maybe in this case it's a disadvantage for Yukihira. The judges in the Autumn Election are seeking for new tastes and dishes because they are professionals who tasted of everything. With a specialty you can go more deeply in your knowledge and discover things that no one could think. Can Yukihira bring something new and outstanding without have curry as his specialty (or any specialty)? Let's see...
    I think he will bring something good enough to pass to the finals, but not to win this Autumn Election.

The pros and cons depend on the specialty. In Jouichirou's case his specialty is stronger with people like those judges in the Autumn Election who know many things about cook and can taste a "new and strange" dish properly, but in normal shokugekis it can be considered a weakness.
    OK, here is my analysis,
    1.Since we know details about Erina's Secretary and Sadatsuka's ill relationship with each other. Although she wins once again, she is sure has an attitude that resembles the Vegetarian Magician (you know he are you?)
    2.A for Alice's Partner his berserk mode is sure terrifying and I really can't believe that he is on the top spot (for now). Either way, I would highly anticipate what is the outcome to Hayama and Soma....
    3.Well since the judges is much tougher to be pleased, it is indeed prove challenging to the Yukihira Genius to present his food. However, I am sure that the Yukihira Genius's plan may not gone for naught....

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I think my favourite character is becoming the narrator. I'm more and more fan of his jokes.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MBVC's Avatar
    Country
    Bouvet Island
    Post Thanks / Like

Something is wrong with the transition here, the Autumn Election suddenly disappears, a flash back perhaps?

Even gods could not be absolutely certain whether they existed at the most fundamental level of reality or were themselves simulated.

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MBVC View Post
    Something is wrong with the transition here, the Autumn Election suddenly disappears, a flash back perhaps?
    It's not that. Shokugeki didn't have a normal chapter this week, instead, it had a special chapter or bangahein. The series will be back next issue.
    You can discuss the special here

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast