Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 515 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Shokugeki no Soma 52 Discussion/53 Predictions

Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DarkLordOfKichiku's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shokugeki no Soma 52 Spoiler Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Leoat12 View Post
    Maybe in this case it's a disadvantage for Yukihira. The judges in the Autumn Election are seeking for new tastes and dishes because they are professionals who tasted of everything. With a specialty you can go more deeply in your knowledge and discover things that no one could think. Can Yukihira bring something new and outstanding without have curry as his specialty (or any specialty)? Let's see...
    Well, being an all-rounder/jack-of-all-trades, master of none means that unlike the others, Yukihira can't go for something that is overwhelming on one area, so to speak - but he could bring several aspects in a dish rather than focusing on a single theme, which might impress the judges. And this also seem to help him to make various ingredients fit together better than those who specialize in one area too (like in the shokugeki against Nikumi - Nikumi focused too much on the meat rather than how to make the various components of the dish fit together), so that helps him as well...

I think he will bring something good enough to pass to the finals, but not to win this Autumn Election.
    That may be so. Well, he gotta do something to win Hayama's respect here at the very least, and I don't see him losing the first round either.

The pros and cons depend on the specialty. In Jouichirou's case his specialty is stronger with people like those judges in the Autumn Election who know many things about cook and can taste a "new and strange" dish properly, but in normal shokugekis it can be considered a weakness.
    Yeah, his speciality helps when it's people who want to experience new kinds of dishes, but more "normal" judges who may just want to taste a more common/ordinary dish done well (like those in the shokugeki against Nikumi) coming up with something new isn't the best idea...

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Leoat12's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLordOfKichiku View Post
    Well, being an all-rounder/jack-of-all-trades, master of none means that unlike the others, Yukihira can't go for something that is overwhelming on one area, so to speak - but he could bring several aspects in a dish rather than focusing on a single theme, which might impress the judges. And this also seem to help him to make various ingredients fit together better than those who specialize in one area too (like in the shokugeki against Nikumi - Nikumi focused too much on the meat rather than how to make the various components of the dish fit together), so that helps him as well...

That may be so. Well, he gotta do something to win Hayama's respect here at the very least, and I don't see him losing the first round either.

Yeah, his speciality helps when it's people who want to experience new kinds of dishes, but more "normal" judges who may just want to taste a more common/ordinary dish done well (like those in the shokugeki against Nikumi) coming up with something new isn't the best idea...
    Nikumi underestimated Yukihira a little in their Shokugeki because she didn't believe that he could win against an A5 meat, but everyone is starting to learn that Yukihira is not just gabble, he really cooks well. That way, things will be harder from now on. I don't know if he will need a specialization, but it's very likely.

Well, yeah, but if he will not win, who will win? When the main character doesn't win, is when things get interesting. XD

That's what I said before about to depend of the situation. However, to increase his position in Tootsuki's hierarchy he will need to face this kind of judges very often, in huge events (like Autumn Election) or important Shokugekis. That is the problem.

Well, I don't know how he will evolve from now on, maybe he will specialize in something wide, like his father's specialization. "Strange dishes" can be anything.

Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DarkLordOfKichiku's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Nikumi underestimated Yukihira a little in their Shokugeki because she didn't believe that he could win against an A5 meat, but everyone is starting to learn that Yukihira is not just gabble, he really cooks well. That way, things will be harder from now on.
    Yeah, but I'm not sure if it has really sunk in yey. I mean, Hayama is his newest opponent, but even he is for now still rather underestimating Yukihira. It seems like most people can't help but underestimating him until they've lost... Well, but if he DOES advance in the election here, maybe people will really start taking him seriously...

Well, yeah, but if he will not win, who will win? When the main character doesn't win, is when things get interesting. XD.
    Haha, yeah XD . Maybe we'll see Marui unexpectedly win the whole election?

That's what I said before about to depend of the situation. However, to increase his position in Tootsuki's hierarchy he will need to face this kind of judges very often, in huge events (like Autumn Election) or important Shokugekis. That is the problem.

Well, I don't know how he will evolve from now on, maybe he will specialize in something wide, like his father's specialization. "Strange dishes" can be anything.
    Well, I don't know if he needs a specialization, but I'm sure he'll come up with some way to cope. He usually does XD .

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Leoat12's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLordOfKichiku View Post
    Haha, yeah XD . Maybe we'll see Marui unexpectedly win the whole election?
    No, definitely not. hahahahahaha
    But, who will win is a very interesting question to make in the future. Let's see how things will go.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity LoS's Avatar
    Country
    Isle of Man
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shokugeki no Soma 52 Discussion/53 Predictions

Chapter 53 Scanlation is out by the way on your usual hosting sites
    The OG that ran Bleach for near a decade is no more.
    Cheers to a boss villain, I tip my hat to you Aizen

New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2