Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)

View Poll Results: Will anything in this arc put up a decent fight against Raizel?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, he will crush everyone that fights him as usual.

4 25.00%
  • Roctis, he's tougher than he looks.

1 6.25%
  • Muzaka, whatever he is.

9 56.25%
  • Ignes, she's got some tricks up her sleeve yet.

0 0%
  • Other (Please post)

2 12.50%
New Reply

Thread: Noblesse Chapter 307 Review

MH's Best Reviewer MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Noblesse Chapter 307 Review

The poll last week was on what sort of fight the 9th Elder would put up. It was a split decision between he'll keep Franky occupied" and "He'll get ROFL-stomped". I think it's safe to say the ROFL stomped voters are the winner here; Elderly Spiderman pretty much got destroyed.

Now onto the Review!

Chapter Summary

Raizel's "Naughty List" is a lot scarier than Santa's becaue he never needs to check it twice.

This week begins with the Lady Werewolf rushing towards the scene of the 9th Elder's battle with Franky. A battle which is going very poorly for spider man, with Franky pretty much toying with him while mocking his "crab legs". This drives the 9th to decide to give up all attempts to capture Franky, going for the kill instead, but it makes little difference.

The 9th Elder's systematic beat down is interrupted by the Lady Werewolf's appearance. Who is surprised to see him, and asks him why he's here(Perhaps thinking he'd come to ask her out?). Franky ignores the question and seems to assume she's with the 9th Elder. But during the exchange the 9th hears Frankenstein's name and finally seems to realize who he's up against. Possibly soiling himself, and addressing him as "The most terrible human recorded in the history of the union."

Meanwhile, as Ignis is in her basement laboratory doing evil-type things to her captives Rael wakes up. She pretty much promises all kinds kinds of torments for him and his friends and, when there are some explosions in the background, she brags that she let him leave a trail so that his brother and whoever else is with him could be caught too. When Rael asks her why she's doing all this she gives the a classic mad scientist schpeel of "Surpassing everyone and ruling over Humans, Nobles, and Werewolves". Then gives them all another knock out blow so she can resume her experiments and head into another room to get the chemicals she needs to start.

When she returns she finds Raizel standing before her injured captives with his back to her. She asks who his is in her standard crazy cheerful way. He replies by asking simply if this was her doing. As she recognizes the voice, Raizel pulls off his sealing earring and turns to face her unleashing a blood field and gently removing the captives from the wall with it; something Roctis feels instantly. As Ignes stands there stunned, he asks her again with a very stoic yet pissed off look on his face. When she stutters out the first part of his name. He tells her she has no right to say his name or...even look at him; and she screams as he basically melts her eyeballs. She's in for a bad day, I think.

Chapter Review

Stop getting plastic surgery!

Substance

The biggest thing is Ignes' certain doom. It's pretty much judgement day for her, which is well deserved. It's not completely impossible that Roctis could do...something; but it's pretty close. So, yeah, she's gonna die. But what happens after that? Will Roctis run? Or does he have a trump card he'll use against Raizel (that Muzaka thing) to avenge his crazy ass daughter.

Raizel removing his seal should also be no small thing. Though I'm kind of holding off on having any expectations of consequences for that since, despite all the talk of Raizel's fragile state, we haven't actually seen it affect him too much. He coughs up a little blood afterward and then just goes back to blowing people away. I'd really like to seem some more serious effects here, but I'm not sure I actually expect to.

Next on the list is the Lady Werewolf and what she's going to do. She could fight Franky, which seems to be what he expects her to do, but will she? I still tend to think not. She doesn't seem overly fond of the 9th Elder and fighting Franky doesn't really help her with her mission of finding out what Roctis was up to. What she actually does will probably depend a lot on where she puts her priorities. Whether she consider her mission more important than fighting Lukedonia; because she's smart enough to know she probably can't do both.

Presentation

Some really good panels at the end of this week's chapter. The artist really goes all in when Raizel is judging somebody and I love it. It wasn't perfect though especially when Ignes was being drawn. I'll be glad when she's dead if for no other reason than how tired I'm getting of seeing her drawn like a different person every time she appears.

Pacing was about the same as last week but with a little more time devoted to exposition. Most of which was Ignes underscoring to everyone what a terrible person she is before Raizel shows up and turns her to dust.

Overall Rating

This chapter pretty much boils down to Ignes making sure we all know what a bad girl she is, setting her up for a Raizel smiting at the end. And smoten she was, and will continue to be.

I give it a 4 out 5

Predictions Section

New Prediction
    • Ignes dies hard next chapter.

Old Predictions: (29 Wins/ 38 Losses)

"The 9th Elder is going to put up a decent fight against Franky." ~ Loss
    Hahaha....no.

"Rael is going to get turned into a weapon." ~ Loss
    Nope. No way that happens now.

Spoiler: Ongoing show
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

2. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Noblesse Chapter 307 Review

Yeah, they need to stick to one look for Ignes.

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member S-H-I-G-U-R-E's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

I believe the Werewolf Lord may get involved... but it might be too soon for that as well, so either Rai sustains some major injuries by him or he rotflstopms through the rest of them as usual

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member strixflash's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Ignes might live few more chapters as I think Roctis will save at her last moment. 9th Elder would probably escape when Frankenstein and 5th would be distracted by Rai's power release. 9th would ultimately awaken Muzaka...

So its confirmed that 5th has a liking to Frankenstein She didn't revealed his existence to Union after all...

Noblesse Forever!

8. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MH's Best Reviewer MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by S-H-I-G-U-R-E View Post
    I believe the Werewolf Lord may get involved... but it might be too soon for that as well, so either Rai sustains some major injuries by him or he rotflstopms through the rest of them as usual
    I feel like with Raizel the smart money is always on the utter obliteration of whomever he's fighting; but I love any scenario that causes him to at least struggle a little.

Quote Originally Posted by strixflash View Post
    Ignes might live few more chapters as I think Roctis will save at her last moment. 9th Elder would probably escape when Frankenstein and 5th would be distracted by Rai's power release. 9th would ultimately awaken Muzaka...

So its confirmed that 5th has a liking to Frankenstein She didn't revealed his existence to Union after all...
    Oh my god! Your might be right. Man, if that were true I'd be one very happy reader.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Storm's End
    Post Thanks / Like

I believe that a few elders will bit the dust this arc. It will then force the other three traitors to officially join the Union so that they can put a counter-force against Lukedonia. As long as the Union still has their strongest elders then the other three won't see a reason to officially join the fight against Lukedonia.

Now onto the bad side of this chapter:
    How could Roctis and the 5th fail to feel Frankens aura??
    How could Rael not know that Rai and Franken are also most likely there? ( Would have been great if Rael would have laughed his ass off like Gejutel in the Lukedonia arc)

Another point is that it really seems that the elders are not based on power levels cause the 9th elder seems to be way weaker then the 12th,11th and 10th elder.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Blackdynamite410's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think the 9th is weaker than the 10th, 11th and 12th elders. Against the 11th and 12th elders Frankenstein was just enjoying the battle like he normally does. Against the 9th he was proving a point. He's on a entirely different level.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Blackdynamite410 View Post
    I don't think the 9th is weaker than the 10th, 11th and 12th elders. Against the 11th and 12th elders Frankenstein was just enjoying the battle like he normally does. Against the 9th he was proving a point. He's on a entirely different level.
    That probes that the 9th elder did something to Franky that the others didn't: to insult him. But also Franky roar with laughter only on this time, iirc.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Mister K's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the review! (I don't know what's going on teh thanks and like buttons don't work for me since a while ago)

Rajak and his foe will stop fighting as soon they sense Rai's aura, as well as Franky and the 9th, and they'll head to Igne's laboratory along with the 5th (I hope she become Franky's lover). Maybe Roctis will try to escape. Time for Muzaka to wake

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Ignes is a woman. She needs to change her hair. Gosh.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Bhoot's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

I think that by the time Rai goes up against the 1st Elder, he will have weakened a lot .
    My predictions for the 1st Elder include:
    1.The Previous Lord
    2.Frankie
    3.An Angel/Demon
    4.Van Helsing
    5.The previous Noblesse / the guy or girl that fought with Rai for the title and lost
    6.Rai's Love

17. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bhoot View Post
    I think that by the time Rai goes up against the 1st Elder, he will have weakened a lot .
    My predictions for the 1st Elder include:
    1.The Previous Lord
    2.Frankie
    3.An Angel/Demon
    4.Van Helsing
    5.The previous Noblesse / the guy or girl that fought with Rai for the title and lost
    6.Rai's Love
    Let me counter some:
    1. confirmed dead (there's no other way to leave his soul weapon to Raskreia; also, he should have gone to eternal sleep quite publicly)
    2. you're trolling, right?
    3. never established races or even introduced at all
    6. same as 3., never introduced

Sure, it's possible to have someone completely unheard of appear suddenly. But that's just an asspull. (Just like those which happen in Naruto all the time.)
    Erfworld

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 0Xellos View Post
    Let me counter some:
    1. confirmed dead (there's no other way to leave his soul weapon to Raskreia; also, he should have gone to eternal sleep quite publicly)
    2. you're trolling, right?
    3. never established races or even introduced at all
    6. same as 3., never introduced

Sure, it's possible to have someone completely unheard of appear suddenly. But that's just an asspull. (Just like those which happen in Naruto all the time.)
    You're probably better off ignoring the trolls, Xellos.

New Reply