Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)

View Poll Results: Ryoga vs Byodoin

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ryoga

7 70.00%
  • Byodoin

3 30.00%
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ryoga vs Byodoin

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ChinkyCandie's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Ryoga vs Byodoin

Who do you think is stronger between the two? Ryoga returned Byodoin's Glowing Shot as if it was nothing. Byodoin also sees potential in Ryoga that's why he's accepted in as no.4. Also, Ryoga's stats remain unknown whereas 3 of Byodoin's stats are known.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ryoga vs Byodoin

Quote Originally Posted by ChinkyCandie View Post
    Also, Ryoga's stats remain unknown whereas 3 of Byodoin's stats are known.
    Which ones are you talking about?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

I like Ryoga more, but if I have to be fair, I'll give it to Byoudonin. All of their stats are unknown. They both know aura shot. And Byoudonin have 2 seen tech, I believe.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Korean Kuroko's Avatar
    Country
    Puerto Rico
    Post Thanks / Like

We know too little about Ryoga and Byoudouin's current strength.

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

@ Kaoz: Fanbook 10.5
    Speed - 10: Much is unknown about Byoudouin, but in his match against Oni upon entering the U-17 camp, they were hitting balls back and forth so fast that a violent dust cloud engulfed the entire tennis court. This suggests that his speed is top tier.

Power - 10: Byoudouin has an extremely powerful glowing shot that can break walls just because of the violent air around the ball as seen in page 9 of chapter 95. Oni returned the ball, but he still received a massive cut on his face and the wall behind him was destroyed.

Stamina - ?: Even if we were to assume there is room for growth in his stamina, When he was wandering the world going through special training and living the life of a hermit, he acquired a hardy and tough body. The manga has not given information about his stamina, but we can assume it is quite high as seen in his match against Oni.

Mental - ?: Having gone through special training up on top of the cliff, it seemed he acquired the interdimensional power and a spiritual nature. Already now, there are no weaknesses.

Technique - 10: Even though by his 1st year in high school he was nigh perfect, it is expected that after the world campaign, he has obtained something even greater. He has learned techniques from all over the world, allowing him to win in nearly any situation.

Kurobe Memo: Can there really be a high schooler that is already this high a level? There is nothing to criticize about his true abilities, but his manners are crude. We should teach him some more respectful manners so he doesn't embarass the title of being an All Japan Representative.

@ Korean Kuroku: I know but from what we know so far, who do you think?
    Last edited by ChinkyCandie; December 11, 2013 at 06:26 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

10.5 actually have his stats down as ?. Not 10.

And it look like someone just take Sai translation on here and add more things on it and add some number. You can see the orginal translation here.

http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showth...ok-Volume-10.5
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, it's quite funny. The only stats that are different from Sai's are the ones that have numbers, the rest seems to be just a copy of his words. Dunno where you get that info ChinkieCandie but I wouldn't trust it at all, lol.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Korean Kuroko's Avatar
    Country
    Puerto Rico
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ChinkyCandie View Post

@ Korean Kuroku: I know but from what we know so far, who do you think?
    Probably Byoudouin. If Tokugawa wins his match then Ryoga is weaker than Byou,if Byou wins then Ryoga and Byou are even.Dont ask me how I came to that conclusion.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

@ChinkyCandie
    Like Ken and Hardy have said, those are fake. It's pretty obvious too, e.g. in the power description it makes a chapter reference, which just wouldn't happen in the real ones.

On topic, I'm gonna go with Byoudouin. We know he has something above GS and we don't know for sure if Ryoga does, and also his stats read as slightly better than Ryoga's to me.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Someone wrote those 10s on his wikia page. Got it from there. I don't edit Byodoin's page other than messed up coding. I do the wikia's music pages.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Just because it's on the wikia doesn't automatically mean it's correct since literally everyone can edit it. The correct fanbook entry is this:

Quote Quote:
    Stats:

Speed - ?: At any rate, his leg strength is not up to standard. With that speed, it is unknown how he can keep up with the rest of the 1st string.

Power - ?: His muscle strength is perhaps not much more than average. However, the Glowing Shot's might is far exceeding even Duke's level.

Stamina - ?: Even if we were to assume there is room for growth in his stamina, when he was wandering the world going through special training and living the life of a hermit, he acquired a hardy and tough body.

Mental - ?: Having gone through special training up on top of the cliff, it seemed he acquired the inter-dimensional power and a spiritual nature. Already now, there are no weaknesses.

Technique - ?: Even though he was already night perfect by his 1st year in high school, it is expected that after the world campaign, he has obtained something even greater.

Kurobe Memo:
    Can there really be a high schooler that is already at this high a level? There is nothing to criticize about his true abilities, but his manners are crude. We should teach him some more respectful manners so he doesn't embarrass the title of being an All Japan Representative.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

I didn't think it was real since I didn't even touch his stats/page. But since he's the top U-17 player, some wikia contributor might of been stupid and made his stats max (if there is one). A lot of people put beliefs and its a long time for someone to actually notice that.

Changed the stats on his page.
    Last edited by ChinkyCandie; December 12, 2013 at 04:18 AM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Since their stats are unknown, I think the only way at the moment to measure them to each other is based on their showings, and based on that Byoudouin is superior, though we barely know their playstyle, so I think it's safer to wait.
    Last edited by Ravelt; December 18, 2013 at 02:47 PM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ashore's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i'm biased and would vote ryoga but i'm going to wait to see his skills.

we know he can return the gs and make the gs

he can also do more than 10 shots at a time.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

No more wikia talk in here. You can do that in the hangout if you really want to.

E: Moved relevant posts over there.
    Last edited by Kaoz; June 09, 2014 at 05:23 AM.

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast