Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Tower of God Chapter 172 Discussion/173 Predictions

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member syx's Avatar
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tower of God Chapter 172 Discussion/173 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by abc1233 View Post
    To be fair, we don't know about the circumstances surrounding that fight so for all we know Chang could still be stronger. Also, even if it wasn't a proper fight, Koon's little skirmish with Hwa Ryun after finding out about Viole was a bit underwhelming. But yeah, many people do underestimate Koon's fighting abilities.
    I don't think the skirmish with Hwa Ryun fits here. It was not a fight, not even a skirmish in my book, it was nothing. Aguero was emotionally shocked and didn't even try to go any further except his one attempt to punch her. I don't see how this can be described as underwhelming, when practically nothing happened combat wise.

But I get your point regarding Chang. We know jack shit about the fight. It's really up to everybody's interpretation about their conversation. In my opinion, there is no doubt about it. Everything implies that Aguero got rid of Chang's right eye. For all we know, Aguero most likely did this "fair and square", since Chang remained silent when Aguero brought this up and said that Chang can't beat him in a real fight. If it was some cheap trick or something Aguero couldn't pull off under normal circumstances, Chang surely would have mentioned it instead of keeping his mouth shut.

We shouldn't also forget that Chang proposed a fight against Baam in order to win the 28th floor exam, which he didn't against Aguero. Since they fought before, I would assume that Chang knows Aguero's capabilities good enough to not ask for a one on one. Everything points to Aguero > Chang, whereas nothing implies the other way around. But yeah, it's nowhere near a fact.
    • ⁞ Avatar by xhunter924 ⁞ Signature by ThePowha ⁞ •

• ⁞ Tower of God Section136th FloorToG Section's Lighthouse ⁞ •

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

As far as I'm concerned the implication that Koon is stronger than Chang was quite clear.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member niblack89's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Koon's abilities are most likely there with the top 5 E-regulars. Chang himself knew he couldn't kill Koon and chose not to follow. The fact that Ran chooses to follow Koon means something too.
    Koon himself likes to give orders, he's good at coming up with strategies and ideas, he enjoys bossing people around.

Chapter was great! It's nice to see what happens when Baam uses the thorn. Iti seems it's activated to the amount of Shinsoo Baam uses. Also it mixes with his own Shinsoo turning it purple, it also changes the shape of the blast. Baam himself Shinsoo attacks are powerful now with the thorn he's haxed. Not only does the thron increase his bangs but it should also increase his speed, strength and all other aspects of himself. Also he should be able to ignite it.

Recession hit us all hard

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

SIU's not on the chapter:

Credits: Random Webtoon-Fan
    Source: Batoto

Spoiler show

And credits: ukimix
    source: from here inside

Spoiler show

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member abc1233's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by syx View Post
    I don't think the skirmish with Hwa Ryun fits here. It was not a fight, not even a skirmish in my book, it was nothing. Aguero was emotionally shocked and didn't even try to go any further except his one attempt to punch her. I don't see how this can be described as underwhelming, when practically nothing happened combat wise.

But I get your point regarding Chang. We know jack shit about the fight. It's really up to everybody's interpretation about their conversation. In my opinion, there is no doubt about it. Everything implies that Aguero got rid of Chang's right eye. For all we know, Aguero most likely did this "fair and square", since Chang remained silent when Aguero brought this up and said that Chang can't beat him in a real fight. If it was some cheap trick or something Aguero couldn't pull off under normal circumstances, Chang surely would have mentioned it instead of keeping his mouth shut.

We shouldn't also forget that Chang proposed a fight against Baam in order to win the 28th floor exam, which he didn't against Aguero. Since they fought before, I would assume that Chang knows Aguero's capabilities good enough to not ask for a one on one. Everything points to Aguero > Chang, whereas nothing implies the other way around. But yeah, it's nowhere near a fact.
    I think their interaction was more telling than that. In that moment, Koon thought that Hwa Ryun was responsible for what happened to Baam and he had every intention to hurt her, the fact that his hand was bleeding afterwards suggests that he wasn't trying to throw some light punch either, yet Hwa Ryun barely flinched. Initially I dismissed it thinking that Hwa Ryun was either a higher floor regular or at least someone who is beyond the abilities of the regulars on that floor yet the recent chapters makes that doubtful somewhat.

Well Chang had every intention to fight even after seeing Koon, he only backed down after being reminded about his eye so it may not be as clear-cut as Koon>Chang, maybe Chang has a particular weakness which Koon knows about? Who knows, Koon's strength is still a mystery and there isn't a whole lot we can speculate on, we'll have to wait until he has a proper fight with a strong opponent.

Moderator message by: abc1233
    Very important announcement for you awesome ToG readers: I hope you guys have a Merry Christmas and a happy New Year! That is all.
    Last edited by abc1233; December 23, 2013 at 04:59 PM.

7. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Gelcertified's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

I knew it! Something just has to happen at the end to ruin everything!!!!
    They've let their guards down just because they saw Baam's happy face!! And that's when Beta goes in to ruin the day!

I just hope my (as well as others) thoughts about Wangnan are right!!! Please have some special ability to shock Beta and make a pulp out of him!!
    I want the next chapter right now!!!! I can't wait!!!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Bhoot's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

I m a big fan of ToG so i am a bt ashamed to ask this , why doesn't Androssi have one of the 13 month series if she is considerd a full fleged princess of Zahard ?

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member syx's Avatar
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bhoot View Post
    I m a big fan of ToG so i am a bt ashamed to ask this , why doesn't Androssi have one of the 13 month series if she is considerd a full fleged princess of Zahard ?
    Because Androssi is not a chosen Princess yet. She needs to become a Ranker to be considered one. And even then, her chances at receiving one are slim, since the 13 Month Series are obviously limited, while the number of Princesses aren't fixed (well, that's my guess).

You can read it in Chapter 32 of the first volume.

Most of the 13 Month Series are already in possession of a Princess. The White February and the Rainbow Undecimber (it's not even a weapon but an arms inventory) are the only 13 Month Series stated to be without an owner. The status of the Dark September is unknown, so it's possible that a Princess is already in possession of it or it's also without an owner. The Colorless December was sealed.
    • ⁞ Avatar by xhunter924 ⁞ Signature by ThePowha ⁞ •

• ⁞ Tower of God Section136th FloorToG Section's Lighthouse ⁞ •

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

The last bit really amp things up! I register here just to post my view on it xD

I doubt it was Wangnan that got stabbed by Beta, Aguero's observer is following him, and we all know observer is capable of producing hologram =D I mean, surely Aguero would have foresaw Beta's interference, or at the very least have made precautions to protect Wangnan, right?

Here's hoping the next chapter starts with Wangnan disappearing like a hologram is supposed to ...doesn't explain the blood though. Can't wait for the next chapter!

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

^

That'd be a lame way to kill a cliffhanger, IMO. Naruto does this shit all the time

Besides, I doubt a hologram would be able to replicate Wangnan being stabbed...
    Erfworld

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Bhoot's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

@urishino
    Welcome to Mangahelpers!!

New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3