Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Shokugeki no Soma 53 Discussion/54 Predictions

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Leoat12's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Shokugeki no Soma 53 Discussion/54 Predictions

This is where you can post and discuss the spoilers for the next chapter of Souma.

24 Hour Spoiler Rule:
    • Mangahelpers enforces a temporary blockade for discussion of new spoilers/chapters. This blockade ends 24 hours after raws are publicly released.
    • For series with a forum, please keep all discussion regarding the newest chapter and its content inside the spoiler/chapter discussions until 24 hours have passed after the raw/chapter's release.
    • Please wait 24 hours before using art from new chapters in signatures and avatars.
    • Please wait 24 hours before posting any art based on new chapters in the art and stories section.
    • The 24 hour rule will be strictly enforced. This is a courtesy rule. Not every member reads spoilers and not everyone can read new chapters as soon as they are released.

Spoiler Pics and Translations:
    • At Mangahelpers we only allow three manga pages to be posted directly as spoilers.
    • This rule is not judged based on the number of thumbnails but the number of pages pictured.
    • Please provide hyperlinks for any excess pages.
    • Please do not re-post already available spoiler pics or summaries.
    • International translations may be posted in the spoiler discussion thread. A moderator will add it with credit to the English translation in the spoiler pics and summaries thread.
    • Do not significantly edit your post after more posts have been made. Please make a new post if new spoilers are available.

For-Profit Download Links
    • If a for-profit download link is provided, we ask that a non-profit alternative is available in the same post.
    • Linking to another website with for-profit download links and no non-profit alternative also violates site rules.
    • Mangahelpers asks that members who may not be comfortable using sites that help turn a profit for pirated material have a choice.
    • Mediafire, Rapidshare, and Sendspace are all non-profit links. Providing any of these as a download link fulfills the non-profit alternative requirement.
    • Spoiler: list of for-profit sites show

Spoiler: Formatting Spoiler Posts show
    Last edited by Leoat12; December 30, 2013 at 08:02 AM.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SharkBait's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shokugeki no Soma 53 Spoiler Thread

Kurokiba Ryou is fantastic character design with a curry dish that I want to taste. This arc is fantastic and hopefully last much longer.
    Team Haikyu! | Team Stealth Symphony | Stealth Symphony Support Group

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shokugeki no Soma 53 Discussion/54 Predictions

I didn't expect any less from Alice's aide, Kurokiba made a incredible curry dish. For me, it was the most stylish of the entire manga until now, with that lobster in the top, I really want to taste something like that.
    Kurokiba himself has style, I agree that his charcter design is awesome. I want to know more about his story and how Alice managed to bring him to Tootsuki. He doesn't seem the kind of person who follows anyone.
    Block A is really more difficult as predicted before, Natsume is very hard to satisfy, it makes Kurokiba abilities even more awesome. I'm curious about the others and, mainly, Souma and Hayama.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Is it me or he has scars on his left shoulders ?
    A change of personality when cooking. You wonder why he became Alice lackey. Glad he made a slave of these annoying girl. It seems this manga has a sadistic vibes for a few chapters :-)

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member zelllogan's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by k-dom View Post
    Is it me or he has scars on his left shoulders ?
    A change of personality when cooking. You wonder why he became Alice lackey. Glad he made a slave of these annoying girl. It seems this manga has a sadistic vibes for a few chapters :-)
    The author is doing well with the amount of ecchi and bondage he deliver. He is not giving us too much which must be hard for someone who is apparently known for his hentai work.

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

I think that his experience with hentai makes him more capable to know the right moment to put ecchi. He does't need to put echi all the time because he did hentai in the past. Well, probably it's the best use of ecchi that I've ever seen, with that aftertaste scenes and not explict ecchi all the time, very good.
    The lesson that he gave onto Natsumi was awesomw, indeed, people like her are very annoying. XD

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

The more arrogant is the judge/diner the more entertaining the after-taste scene.

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ukimix View Post
    The more arrogant is the judge/diner the more entertaining the after-taste scene.
    Indeed! The after-taste scene in this chapter was without ecchi, but very interesting. The way that they relate somethink unthinkable with the dish. XD
    Natsumi and her youger sister will be sample for various after-taste scenes until the end of this arc. hahahahahahaha

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Well her face before the final reaction were quite ecchi in my opinion.
    I'm pretty sure that was done on purpose to frustrate the reader. With those faces you ask yourself "dear what kind of reaction she will have ?" and bing : a stupid rocket. I told you the theme is sadism. Even rhe author is !

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Leoat12 View Post
    I didn't expect any less from Alice's aide, Kurokiba made a incredible curry dish. For me, it was the most stylish of the entire manga until now, with that lobster in the top, I really want to taste something like that.
    Kurokiba himself has style, I agree that his charcter design is awesome. I want to know more about his story and how Alice managed to bring him to Tootsuki. He doesn't seem the kind of person who follows anyone.
    Block A is really more difficult as predicted before, Natsume is very hard to satisfy, it makes Kurokiba abilities even more awesome. I'm curious about the others and, mainly, Souma and Hayama.
    It is true that the First Curry Queen is really not easily to be pleased, and the Two-Face Mad Dog(Kurokiba) is also tough cookie since he is among the few humble Natsume with his attitude (did Soma also did that to Erina?). I do hope that Hayama and Soma would do something to surpass Kurokiba in anyways.

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm pretty sure that was done on purpose to frustrate the reader. With those faces you ask yourself "dear what kind of reaction she will have ?" and bing : a stupid rocket. I told you the theme is sadism. Even rhe author is !
    You're right, but my level on what I consider ecchi is too high. For me, her reaction was very normal. XD
    It was disappointing, I also expected something more Ecchi in the after-taste, but this is also good, as I said, too much ecchi is quite annoying. I think they are balancing very well between ecchi, cute and other types.
    Any comment about sadism. hahahhaahha

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree the rocket was stupid, and kind of anticlimax. But the previous pages were great, and her face inside the helmet was fun to see. Also it was a difficult task for the author: how to draw a reaction that represents that you are taken far away... by a delicious lobster? With a lobster-spatial-ship... plop!

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Why do you consider it anticlimax? Because it was not Ecchi? I was expecting Ecchi, too, but it was quite creative IMO. I wouln't go that far to call anticlimax.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member darkprince0521's Avatar
    Country
    Bangladesh
    Post Thanks / Like

I have been reading the manga since last two months; and I must say this is a really good manga. I have always been a fan of real life cooking competitions; however finding a manga that has the same theme and delivers it better was a pleasant surprise.

anyway, about this chapter, the chapter was good. but i feel the chapter has been wasted on the final page of last chapter. it would have been better if the score was not revealed last chapter.
    Naruto Forever

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by darkprince0521 View Post
    anyway, about this chapter, the chapter was good. but i feel the chapter has been wasted on the final page of last chapter. it would have been better if the score was not revealed last chapter.
    I had this feeling in the beginning, too, but after some pages I came to the conclusion that the objective of the chapter was show how he got that score, and I think that it is more important than the score itself. I don't like that kind of manga which gives high scores or wins to characters without a good reason. That said, a reason is always welcome when something like 93 points is gotten.

Score is just a score, besides the judges in the manga, we, as readers, should judge as well and see if he deserved that score or not. Score before or after the explanation has the same impact in my opinion.

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast