Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 601 by BadKarma , Gintama 515 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 96

Thread: Bleach Hangout Thread 4.0

  1. #16
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Kage Fuusha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Canada
    Age
    46
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    206
    Post Thanks / Like

    Bleach Bleach - Death Save The Strawberry

    Anyone know where I can get a translated copy of this manga?
    http://i465.photobucket.com/albums/rr16/kenbond007/Karindrooling2.jpg
    Let me tell you something about crazy people...the sex is unbelievable. - Richard Castle

  2. #17
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Posts
    19,025
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach Hangout Thread 4.0

    You mean like a physical copy? Plenty of actual bookstores would have them if you are in the US or Canada. I wouldn't know about the europe situation though. In south america they can be rather hard to find as far as I know. As far as copies online, well, just go to the normal manga reading sites.... Not sure where you can download actual volumes and whatnot but I am pretty sure you can find viable options by simply googling is. Not sure if this is what you wanted to hear.

  3. #18
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Starrked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The Moon
    Country
    United States
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    279
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach Hangout Thread 4.0

    Can someone start up a riveting conversation in here please because the hangout thread is so sad nowadays. I remember when I first joined about a good four years ago How long ago was sophomore year, jfc...oh my god that was six years ago. I joined six years ago. I was a sophomore in high school and this place was bumpin' man. The hangout thread moved through hundreds of pages so fast it was intense and stimulating because the conversations were always so on-point with how interesting and good they were.

    It needs to be revived. It's been months now and this edition of the hangout thread is only on its second page. Lame.

    Someone needs to vent about why it's taking Ichigo so damn long to get to Soul Society or the Wandenreich or whatever you wanna call it and is Kira really dead and uggggh WILL YORUICHI EVER GET TO USE HER ZANPAKTOU IN A FIGHT BECAUSE COME ON SHE WAS A CAPTAIN SHE HAS TO HAVE A ZANPAKTOU.
    Grimmjow and Uryuu are the other two special war powers.

  4. #19
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Firebird0ne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    448
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach Hangout Thread 4.0

    You touched on something that has bothered me about Bleach and, to be fair, other manga/animes. As much as women are represented as lovely and some (like Orihime) may be given a hax power, in general, women are not endowed with the kinds of power that the male characters are. Okay, I'll be honest here, what guy doesn't want some hero types to identify with that sweep in, show their strength and save the day. But 'saving the girl' is becoming sort of annoying. Guys can save their bros too. Girls can be strong and save themselves or *gulp* (I feel my 'man card' slipping out of my hand here) a girl can occasionally save a guy (which has a lot of humorous potential).

    Yeah, it's Shounen and aimed at guys, but not all guys are the same, just like not all girls are the same.

    Here's what I'm getting at...

    Ladies with Bankai...
    Yoruichi - haven't seen it
    Unohana - got to show it once. It was cool as hell, but wasn't even really explained, so it lost some points.
    Rukia - We waited over ten years to see it.
    Soi Fon - She's got a nuke, which is great, but has almost as great drawbacks.

    Guys...
    1) The ones we see/know
    Yama, Sasakibe, Rose, Byakuya, Renji, Komamura, Kensei, Toshiro, Ikkaku, Kurotsuchi,

    2) The ones we're waiting for
    Ichigo, Shinji, Hisagi, Shunsui and Ukitake, Urahara

    I just think there is room in this for a not annoying (Yes, I am talking to you Kukakku and Yoruichi!) female who is tough, not overly loud, is pretty, has a bankai and doesn't need to constantly be saved...in fact, gets ticked off when a guy tries to save her. Why? Because it's different, even a little refreshing and can take a guy by surprise. I know I like the feeling of surprise and the little blush I get when a pretty girl I've never seen before pauses as she's going through a door and *OMG* holds it open for me. There's this moment of a) Wow, she knows I'm alive, b) She's different, c) Should I smile back, thank her and accept, because she's smiling and holding the damned door open for me, d) Should I tell her my late mom would scold me in my dreams if I wasn't a proper gentleman and let her go first? e) Is she wearing a wedding ring??? But I could just be a little strange...

    The only female character in Bleach who radiates that feeling is Matsumoto, but she is portrayed as pretty, big boobs, but aging and STILL a VC without a bankai. I know Aizen stole a piece of her soul. Maybe somehow she'll get it back and we'll see a bankai from her, but I'm not holding my breath.

    Anyway, yes, more balanced representation of genders would be refreshing.
    Last edited by Firebird0ne; February 22, 2014 at 11:10 AM.

  5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  6. #20
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Starrked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The Moon
    Country
    United States
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    279
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach Hangout Thread 4.0

    Quote Originally Posted by Firebird0ne View Post
    You touched on something that has bothered me about Bleach and, to be fair, other manga/animes. As much as women are represented as lovely and some (like Orihime) may be given a hax power, in general, women are not endowed with the kinds of power that the male characters are. Okay, I'll be honest here, what guy doesn't want some hero types to identify with that sweep in, show their strength and save the day. But 'saving the girl' is becoming sort of annoying. Guys can save their bros too. Girls can be strong and save themselves or *gulp* (I feel my 'man card' slipping out of my hand here) a girl can occasionally save a guy (which has a lot of humorous potential).

    Yeah, it's Shounen and aimed at guys, but not all guys are the same, just like not all girls are the same.

    Here's what I'm getting at...

    Ladies with Bankai...
    Yoruichi - haven't seen it
    Unohana - got to show it once. It was cool as hell, but wasn't even really explained, so it lost some points.
    Rukia - We waited over ten years to see it.
    Soi Fon - She's got a nuke, which is great, but has almost as great drawbacks.

    Guys...
    1) The ones we see/know
    Yama, Sasakibe, Rose, Byakuya, Renji, Komamura, Kensei, Toshiro, Ikkaku, Kurotsuchi,

    2) The ones we're waiting for
    Ichigo, Shinji, Hisagi, Shunsui and Ukitake, Urahara

    I just think there is room in this for a not annoying (Yes, I am talking to you Kukakku and Yoruichi!) female who is tough, not overly loud, is pretty, has a bankai and doesn't need to constantly be saved...in fact, gets ticked off when a guy tries to save her. Why? Because it's different, even a little refreshing and can take a guy by surprise. I know I like the feeling of surprise and the little blush I get when a pretty girl I've never seen before pauses as she's going through a door and *OMG* holds it open for me. There's this moment of a) Wow, she knows I'm alive, b) She's different, c) Should I smile back, thank her and accept, because she's smiling and holding the damned door open for me, d) Should I tell her my late mom would scold me in my dreams if I wasn't a proper gentleman and let her go first? e) Is she wearing a wedding ring??? But I could just be a little strange...

    The only female character in Bleach who radiates that feeling is Matsumoto, but she is portrayed as pretty, big boobs, but aging and STILL a VC without a bankai. I know Aizen stole a piece of her soul. Maybe somehow she'll get it back and we'll see a bankai from her, but I'm not holding my breath.

    Anyway, yes, more balanced representation of genders would be refreshing.
    Yeah I feel like it's lacking in the feminine area as well. I've just always been a fan of the female characters or female fighters in just about everything and anything. There's this show on HBO called "Looking" and it really touches upon the same thing and makes the most relatable sense. The show is about three gay men living their lives and such and one of them (Jonathan Groff) is a level designer. The discussion was about how he chooses to play as a girl in video games not because he's gay but because the girl is always the outcast in the world of video games and she's overlooked, underestimated, and picked last; as a gay man it was relatable because he's gone through the same ordeals. That's why I can relate too because I've always felt a stronger connection towards the seemingly outcasted female fighters. People like Yoruichi and Unohana are revered only now because they've shown their power but I've been a fan of them from the get-go.

    I'm not trying to promote any kind of ordeals or political beliefs because that'd be inappropriate for this thread so please (and this is directed to anyone reading this) don't confuse this as anything but a relation of topics. lol

    I just agree with you, dude, that there should be a better representation of the female gender in the manga because the chicks can seriously kick some ass without the help of anyone else. Yoruichi is my choice for alpha female. Unohana would be the wisest but IDGAF I WANT YORUICHI. She's such a babe.
    Grimmjow and Uryuu are the other two special war powers.

  7. #21
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Firebird0ne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    448
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach Hangout Thread 4.0

    Quote Originally Posted by Starrked View Post
    Yeah I feel like it's lacking in the feminine area as well. I've just always been a fan of the female characters or female fighters in just about everything and anything. There's this show on HBO called "Looking" and it really touches upon the same thing and makes the most relatable sense. The show is about three gay men living their lives and such and one of them (Jonathan Groff) is a level designer. The discussion was about how he chooses to play as a girl in video games not because he's gay but because the girl is always the outcast in the world of video games and she's overlooked, underestimated, and picked last; as a gay man it was relatable because he's gone through the same ordeals. That's why I can relate too because I've always felt a stronger connection towards the seemingly outcasted female fighters. People like Yoruichi and Unohana are revered only now because they've shown their power but I've been a fan of them from the get-go.

    I'm not trying to promote any kind of ordeals or political beliefs because that'd be inappropriate for this thread so please (and this is directed to anyone reading this) don't confuse this as anything but a relation of topics. lol

    I just agree with you, dude, that there should be a better representation of the female gender in the manga because the chicks can seriously kick some ass without the help of anyone else. Yoruichi is my choice for alpha female. Unohana would be the wisest but IDGAF I WANT YORUICHI. She's such a babe.
    Okay, have to agree, she is a babe! I just wish she'd have a little more subtlety. But then, that's a personal preference. Being a quieter person, myself, I enjoy a partner who can be a strong, secure person without having to shout about it and show it off. I tend to think actions speak louder than words. So, sometimes Yoruichi grates on me a little with her brazenness, but oh yeah, I do love to watch her kick ass! So, I wonder...where the hell is she in this arc?????

  8. #22
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Starrked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The Moon
    Country
    United States
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    279
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach Hangout Thread 4.0

    Quote Originally Posted by Firebird0ne View Post
    Okay, have to agree, she is a babe! I just wish she'd have a little more subtlety. But then, that's a personal preference. Being a quieter person, myself, I enjoy a partner who can be a strong, secure person without having to shout about it and show it off. I tend to think actions speak louder than words. So, sometimes Yoruichi grates on me a little with her brazenness, but oh yeah, I do love to watch her kick ass! So, I wonder...where the hell is she in this arc?????
    Dude, it's more like, "where the hell is everyone?!" Yumichika, Ikkaku, and Hisagi were off-paneled. The vizards aren't actually in the mix yet. We haven't seen anything from Ukitake nor have we seen the usual fighters. Like when are people going to make an actual attempt to take down these quincy???
    Grimmjow and Uryuu are the other two special war powers.

  9. #23
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Firebird0ne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    448
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach Hangout Thread 4.0

    Quote Originally Posted by Starrked View Post
    Dude, it's more like, "where the hell is everyone?!" Yumichika, Ikkaku, and Hisagi were off-paneled. The vizards aren't actually in the mix yet. We haven't seen anything from Ukitake nor have we seen the usual fighters. Like when are people going to make an actual attempt to take down these quincy???
    Well, I think since we know Bach wants the fighting to continue so that he keeps gaining power, he will sit, cozy in his castle and let the SRs and the captains and VCs continue to do battle. We know Isane is out there healing the injured, so they'll be back. And because we haven't even seen Urahara, Yoruichi, Isshin, Mayuri, Kenpachi, the Hueco Mundo group, Shunsui and Ukitake take the field, things will probably turn the worse for Gotei, despite the powered up Byakuya, Rukia, Renji and Ichigo. Meeting Uryu is the likeliest thing to shake Ichigo up. Renji's going to be seriously challenged by Nanana and I'm hoping Byakuya and the newly crowned Kenpachi will tag team fight Haschwalth or Mr.Fire Fingers with the usual amusing banters to liven things up. Rukia may still take on Bambi's ex-girl pals. I guess we'll see!
    Last edited by Firebird0ne; February 22, 2014 at 10:54 PM.

  10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  11. #24
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Starrked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The Moon
    Country
    United States
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    279
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach Hangout Thread 4.0

    Okay so I just wanna pose the idea that Ukitake isn't as strong as he was initially made out to be. I remember thinking he was a definite top tier captain because he was one of the oldest and stood up to Yama-jii with Shunsui, but after all these years of not seeing him do much and him being so frail because of his illness I don't feel like he's such a threat. Yeah his zanpaktou is pretty cool in that it can absorb and redirect the attack but that's all we've seen him do. Until I see him take down a Sternritter, and a powerful one at that, he's nothing more than a middle tier captain for me.
    Grimmjow and Uryuu are the other two special war powers.

  12. #25
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Zaphkiel
    Country
    Netherlands
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    11,382
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach Hangout Thread 4.0

    Quote Originally Posted by Starrked View Post
    Okay so I just wanna pose the idea that Ukitake isn't as strong as he was initially made out to be. I remember thinking he was a definite top tier captain because he was one of the oldest and stood up to Yama-jii with Shunsui, but after all these years of not seeing him do much and him being so frail because of his illness I don't feel like he's such a threat. Yeah his zanpaktou is pretty cool in that it can absorb and redirect the attack but that's all we've seen him do. Until I see him take down a Sternritter, and a powerful one at that, he's nothing more than a middle tier captain for me.
    I don't know. What is there to base the idea that he is a mid tier captain on? Practically nothing. Of course, I know that the hype is also pretty vague, but I feel more along the lines of an "until proven otherwise" argument.

  13. #26
    Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Country
    Poland
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,199
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach Hangout Thread 4.0

    Quote Originally Posted by Hakuteiken View Post
    I don't know. What is there to base the idea that he is a mid tier captain on? Practically nothing. Of course, I know that the hype is also pretty vague, but I feel more along the lines of an "until proven otherwise" argument.
    He can redirect Stark's Ceros like it's nothing, while one of them can damage severely Shunsui. Guy can keep up with both Stark and Shunsui, is profficient with Kido. And all of that in SHIKAI. Mid tier captain? If we were to compare Shikais he's easily the strongest with Kyoraku. The only Shinigamis who could possibly give them troubles in Shikai are Kenpachi and Byakuya after RG training. And the first duo could handle Yamaji's Shikai while using Shikai. Those 2 tag teams are OP, "until proven otherwise".

  14. #27
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Zaphkiel
    Country
    Netherlands
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    11,382
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach Hangout Thread 4.0

    Quote Originally Posted by Duniak View Post
    He can redirect Stark's Ceros like it's nothing, while one of them can damage severely Shunsui. Guy can keep up with both Stark and Shunsui, is profficient with Kido. And all of that in SHIKAI. Mid tier captain? If we were to compare Shikais he's easily the strongest with Kyoraku. The only Shinigamis who could possibly give them troubles in Shikai are Kenpachi and Byakuya after RG training. And the first duo could handle Yamaji's Shikai while using Shikai. Those 2 tag teams are OP, "until proven otherwise".
    Yeah, but we might also argue that it's just that his power happened to be a good way to counter Starkk's cero blasts.
    Then again, we have never been shown the extents of what Ukitake's Zanpakutou can do. I'd be surprised if the only thing it could do was to redirect a direct attack. Also, hype in Bleach usually pays off in one way or another, so, I tend to have faith in his power as of now, true.

  15. #28
    The Viennese Pixie 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! Josef K.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Drinking Rum
    Country
    Germany
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    9,120
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach Hangout Thread 4.0

    Coming Soon, Please Participate!


  16. #29
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Starrked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The Moon
    Country
    United States
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    279
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach Hangout Thread 4.0

    Quote Originally Posted by Duniak View Post
    He can redirect Stark's Ceros like it's nothing, while one of them can damage severely Shunsui. Guy can keep up with both Stark and Shunsui, is profficient with Kido. And all of that in SHIKAI. Mid tier captain? If we were to compare Shikais he's easily the strongest with Kyoraku. The only Shinigamis who could possibly give them troubles in Shikai are Kenpachi and Byakuya after RG training. And the first duo could handle Yamaji's Shikai while using Shikai. Those 2 tag teams are OP, "until proven otherwise".
    Quote Originally Posted by Hakuteiken View Post
    Yeah, but we might also argue that it's just that his power happened to be a good way to counter Starkk's cero blasts.
    Then again, we have never been shown the extents of what Ukitake's Zanpakutou can do. I'd be surprised if the only thing it could do was to redirect a direct attack. Also, hype in Bleach usually pays off in one way or another, so, I tend to have faith in his power as of now, true.
    Well I mean yeah he's hyped up but so were the vizards and look at how they turned out to be. I still have faith in the vizards and believe in their power, but Ukitake's hype can only get him so far with me. Personally, "until proven otherwise" (gonna throw some massive shade on that phrase cuz.....shade), Ukitake can only handle so much. His body is frail and his tuberculosis always, ALWAYS, gets the best of him. Him and Shunsui are an amazing duo but so are Yoruichi and Soi Fon, Byakuya and Kenpachi, Lisa and Hiyori, and Rose and Love. Soi Fon by herself isn't all that great but pair her with Yoruichi and the two can take care of some business together. So why should it be any different for Ukitake? Because he's one of the oldest captains and withstood his ground amidst Ryujin Jakka? Okay. Like there needs to be more of him before I can truly consider him in the top tier. Everything about his reputation suggests that he should be among the top but I just like to be skeptical and keep myself away from the general belief or hype of a character. Know what I mean?
    Grimmjow and Uryuu are the other two special war powers.

  17. #30
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Zaphkiel
    Country
    Netherlands
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    11,382
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach Hangout Thread 4.0

    Quote Originally Posted by Starrked View Post
    Well I mean yeah he's hyped up but so were the vizards and look at how they turned out to be. I still have faith in the vizards and believe in their power, but Ukitake's hype can only get him so far with me. Personally, "until proven otherwise" (gonna throw some massive shade on that phrase cuz.....shade), Ukitake can only handle so much. His body is frail and his tuberculosis always, ALWAYS, gets the best of him. Him and Shunsui are an amazing duo but so are Yoruichi and Soi Fon, Byakuya and Kenpachi, Lisa and Hiyori, and Rose and Love. Soi Fon by herself isn't all that great but pair her with Yoruichi and the two can take care of some business together. So why should it be any different for Ukitake? Because he's one of the oldest captains and withstood his ground amidst Ryujin Jakka? Okay. Like there needs to be more of him before I can truly consider him in the top tier. Everything about his reputation suggests that he should be among the top but I just like to be skeptical and keep myself away from the general belief or hype of a character. Know what I mean?
    I get your point, I guess. That's certainly a perspective you can adopt. Had he shown more, I'd argue more about it, but then, you'd also probably be less sceptical about his power, as well. I, for one, usually stay away from "Who is stronger and who is weaker" talk before I see anything to draw a comparison. Ukitake is assumed to be strong, right there on par with Kyouraku, but Kubo hasn't shown us anything that backs this suggestion up. So, actually I find it a bit odd to say one is stronger/weaker in this context.

New Reply
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts