Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/20/14 - 10/26/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 516 (2) , Bleach 602 by BadKarma , One Piece 764 by cnet128
New Reply
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Bleach Hangout Thread 4.0

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Starrked's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach Hangout Thread 4.0

Quote Originally Posted by Hakuteiken View Post
    I get your point, I guess. That's certainly a perspective you can adopt. Had he shown more, I'd argue more about it, but then, you'd also probably be less sceptical about his power, as well. I, for one, usually stay away from "Who is stronger and who is weaker" talk before I see anything to draw a comparison. Ukitake is assumed to be strong, right there on par with Kyouraku, but Kubo hasn't shown us anything that backs this suggestion up. So, actually I find it a bit odd to say one is stronger/weaker in this context.
    All too true. I guess making comparisons in strength in reference to Ukitake is a little premature. I just have this feeling that I'm going to be let down if and when he gets his battle or pair up with Shunsui and it's not what I had hoped for it to be.

HOWEVER after all this talk I think we'll finally get to see Ukitake and Shunsui show off their pairing skills and see just why it is that they're the best duo in all of Soul Society. It can't just be because their zanpaktous are both duo blades.
    Grimmjow and Uryuu are the other two special war powers.

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Luxembourg
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Starrked View Post
    All too true. I guess making comparisons in strength in reference to Ukitake is a little premature. I just have this feeling that I'm going to be let down if and when he gets his battle or pair up with Shunsui and it's not what I had hoped for it to be.

HOWEVER after all this talk I think we'll finally get to see Ukitake and Shunsui show off their pairing skills and see just why it is that they're the best duo in all of Soul Society. It can't just be because their zanpaktous are both duo blades.
    That's what I want to see, as well. They have been talked about as a good duo and if I'm not wrong, Captain-Commander said their skills were complementing each other, so, they should definitely have great teamplay going on.
    I wouldn't be sad if they had their individual battles, but a tag fight sounds better for sure.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

That's what I want to see, as well. They have been talked about as a good duo and if I'm not wrong, Captain-Commander said their skills were complementing each other, so, they should definitely have great teamplay going on.
    I wouldn't be sad if they had their individual battles, but a tag fight sounds better for sure.
    Tbh, if Shunsui ends up fighting Haschwald again I can see Ukitake swooping in to "off-set the balance" or level out the playing field. Or to just have the two of them square off against the right-hand of Ywach.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member devstauk's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

i think the reason Ukitake could be ill is due to him and Shunsui training bankai together and possibly shunsui's ended up making Ukitake lose an internal organ or something
    Spoiler show

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by devstauk View Post
    i think the reason Ukitake could be ill is due to him and Shunsui training bankai together and possibly shunsui's ended up making Ukitake lose an internal organ or something
    He has tuberculosis, not an organ loss. But I see where you're going with it. That'd be a nice explanation as to how Ukitake fell sick. Unless Ukitake got tuberculosis naturally and not from training.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member devstauk's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Well him having TB is unconfirmed, i thought that was just speculation and i don't remember it being told that way. But if it is true meh how boring, plus having a missing organ would cause the same symptoms he has.
    Last edited by devstauk; March 04, 2014 at 07:19 PM.
    Spoiler show

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

True about both, it being speculation and providing the same symptoms. I can see so many fan fics happening if we find out that Shunsui is the one who hurt Ukitake. All the yaoi fans are gonna go cray cray.

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Currently re-watching the bleach anime

im at episode 112, im absolutely in love with this anime, probably the best anime of the big 3

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Bleach's anime is better than One Piece, imo. It's pretty even with Naruto for me though.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Bleach's anime is better than One Piece, imo. It's pretty even with Naruto for me though.
    Im on episode 120

i absolutely love it, the animation, the music

everything is awesome

i will be skipping all filler of course

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by REN KOUEN View Post
    Im on episode 120

i absolutely love it, the animation, the music

everything is awesome

i will be skipping all filler of course
    I always play the Fake Karakura Town episodes, especially when the Vizards make their entrance because those scenes were some of the best well-written parts of the anime. Especially the episode where Hisgai fights the crab guy and completely slices him apart.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Luxembourg
    Post Thanks / Like

Especially the episode where Hisgai fights the crab guy and completely slices him apart.
    Was that Findor? Not that it's important. It was a great fight, one of my all time favourites, especially the part in which Hisagi releases his Shikai by a lengthy intro talk.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Was that Findor? Not that it's important. It was a great fight, one of my all time favourites, especially the part in which Hisagi releases his Shikai by a lengthy intro talk.
    Yeah that's the one. I remember fanboying so hard when he released his shikai and just went ape shit on everything that Findor had. "Half my mask is gone so now I'm at VC level. 75% of my mask is gone so I'm at captain level now!" And then Hisagi laughs at him for thinking that's how strong a captain is and slices him apart. Bravo, Hisagi. Bravo.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Crackpot theory, what if the first person ever to have his bankai stolen was aizen? Aizen suspiciously did not use his bankai against the gotei 13 and even against ichigo when he was having his ass handed to him. We have seen from shinigami that not having a bankai has pushed them to improve their basic abilities and to a great extent (even if not to the point where those abilities could replace bankai). Suifen mastered her shunko, hitsugaya developed a new fighting technique, komamura got his clan's secret.... Byakuya advanced his shikai to the point where it actually matches or even surpasses the power of his former bankai (although that probably has something to do with the reiatsu boost from his royal training too). So what if aizen had an encounter with juhabach and had his bankai stolen (by someone other than juhabach though)? That would force him to rely on his shikai and perhaps was a motivation to improve it to the point we saw it. Aizen could have used his shikai to fake a bankai and become a captain too.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

That would be insane if Aizen's bankai was stolen before all of this happened.

New Reply
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast