Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27

Thread: RIP in Piece Thread

Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: If only I could be so grossly incandescent..

Hey friend, look were we went:

Spoiler show

More when we're back from our trip, but I got bought two books and some extra stuff. With some illustrations and pictures and interviews and stuff you know, maybe I could send you one of those....

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Wrecking Ball 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    Hey friend, look were we went:

Spoiler show

More when we're back from our trip, but I got bought two books and some extra stuff. With some illustrations and pictures and interviews and stuff you know, maybe I could send you one of those....
    Wow I'm jelly

Do you post your trip photos somewhere? 'cos I kinda want to see it. Hopefully the offer to send me souvenirs would still be available

Sorry for the super late reply though, been really busy these past two months.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doraku View Post
    Wow I'm jelly

Do you post your trip photos somewhere? 'cos I kinda want to see it. Hopefully the offer to send me souvenirs would still be available

Sorry for the super late reply though, been really busy these past two months.
    Well it was great but kinda... exciting too? x'D Considering taking photos wasn't allowed, I was a bit nervous I told Sky to look out for the personnel a few times, because one lady was following us quite often. Seems like foreigners are incredibly rare there, so we got a lot of attention.

Yeah, a damn lot actually. You can find them... at a place you should know of
    You need to pic a souvenir first and tell my your address and stuff

Still so busy with you job?

4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: RIP in Piece Thread

If you post my name often enough, you can summon me to any thread.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Considering I can summon you by saying your name... could you really be a servant?

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe... My name is Archer... Does that ring a bell?

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually that rings two bells

Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

Well it was great but kinda... exciting too? x'D Considering taking photos wasn't allowed, I was a bit nervous I told Sky to look out for the personnel a few times, because one lady was following us quite often. Seems like foreigners are incredibly rare there, so we got a lot of attention.

Yeah, a damn lot actually. You can find them... at a place you should know of
    You need to pic a souvenir first and tell my your address and stuff

Still so busy with you job?
    I think the word you sought was "thrilling" . It's no surprise though.. of course I'm generalizing, but people in Asia tend to be.. super cautious with Western foreigners unless you speak their languages. It's just a cultural thing to be suspicious against something foreign, I suppose.

Gintama or Monogatari or Kill La Kill is fine

I have graduated just 2-3 days ago, and currently looking for jobs that have been offered. I wouldn't make final decision until next month, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyguardian View Post
    If you post my name often enough, you can summon me to any thread.
    GTFO

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

GTFO
    I know you don't mean that Senpai.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the word you sought was "thrilling" . It's no surprise though.. of course I'm generalizing, but people in Asia tend to be.. super cautious with Western foreigners unless you speak their languages. It's just a cultural thing to be suspicious against something foreign, I suppose.

Gintama or Monogatari or Kill La Kill is fine

I have graduated just 2-3 days ago, and currently looking for jobs that have been offered. I wouldn't make final decision until next month, though.
    Thrilling seems appropriate Well wasn't my impression that people in Tokyo where suspicious of us or anything, even when we went to other museums we didn't catch much attention, but I assume that's because the people in Tokyo are way more used to foreigners (even if people looked surprised or interested quite often xD) than Mishima. Considering the museum is rather small and hidden it seems natural that they were wary of us, I highly doubt they've even seen more than 20 or 30 foreigners there Mashima was the only time some teenagers openly called us Gaijins too, haha.

Then look at the stuff I got (or did you do already?) and tell me what you want exactly, then I will consider your wish

Oh wow, so as what did you graduate exactly? I mean what jobs can you apply to? And ofc congratulations!

Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

Thrilling seems appropriate Well wasn't my impression that people in Tokyo where suspicious of us or anything, even when we went to other museums we didn't catch much attention, but I assume that's because the people in Tokyo are way more used to foreigners (even if people looked surprised or interested quite often xD) than Mishima. Considering the museum is rather small and hidden it seems natural that they were wary of us, I highly doubt they've even seen more than 20 or 30 foreigners there Mashima was the only time some teenagers openly called us Gaijins too, haha.

Then look at the stuff I got (or did you do already?) and tell me what you want exactly, then I will consider your wish

Oh wow, so as what did you graduate exactly? I mean what jobs can you apply to? And ofc congratulations!
    I see. But they're generally very welcoming to western foreigners while often they look down on foreigners of other part in Asia - my country for example.

Mmmm... Kill La Kill Artbook? anything's fine for me, by the way.

I graduated from Law and PolSci school. I have been offered to work at government bodies as well as some law firms but nothing is final yet.Thanks!

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I see. But they're generally very welcoming to western foreigners while often they look down on foreigners of other part in Asia - my country for example.

Mmmm... Kill La Kill Artbook? anything's fine for me, by the way.

I graduated from Law and PolSci school. I have been offered to work at government bodies as well as some law firms but nothing is final yet.Thanks!
    Well maybe that's it, I don't know how they act towards people from other parts of Asia. Can't really imagine japanese people turning rude.

So you want nothing from Shinkai?

Anything you're aiming for specificially? Can you relax a bit now? XD Good luck with finding a nice job : )

Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

Well maybe that's it, I don't know how they act towards people from other parts of Asia. Can't really imagine japanese people turning rude.

So you want nothing from Shinkai?

Anything you're aiming for specificially? Can you relax a bit now? XD Good luck with finding a nice job : )
    The racism isn't something hostile. It's subtle but palpable. Simply put, asking direction as a Caucasian would be easier compared to people who have Malayan roots. That's from my own experience anyway, which might be far from truth - I just had a bad luck.

I want something! I only skimmed your photos since I opened MH from my smartphone, but if you have something about Shinkai that you want to give me I'll be happy.

Generally I find government jobs in the long run are more secure and giving me more opportunities to continue my study. On the flipside, while I was young, I want to make decent earnings first while I can - before I have family or such. Thanks again, by the way.

P.S. You look younger than I expected you to be, dayyum.

New Reply
Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27