Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 (2)

View Poll Results: Who is gonna join?

Voters
159. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sabo

8 5.03%
  • Rebecca

19 11.95%
  • Violet

7 4.40%
  • Toy Soldier

2 1.26%
  • Wicca

8 5.03%
  • Leo

4 2.52%
  • Cavendish

2 1.26%
  • Koala

2 1.26%
  • Kinemon

12 7.55%
  • Momonosuke

4 2.52%
  • Kinemon + Momonosuke

11 6.92%
  • Bellamy

5 3.14%
  • Law

4 2.52%
  • Bartolomeo

24 15.09%
  • Caesar

2 1.26%
  • None

45 28.30%
New Reply
Page 2 of 62 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast

Thread: The Search for Straw Hat's New Nakama... - 3rd edition

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Search for Straw Hat's New Nakama... - 3rd edition

Why would the dwarf be known as a shichibukai when he's part of Luffy's crew? Luffy, Zoro, and Sanji are the only ones who'd be thought of as shichibukai, the latter two only because of their power. The dwarf can be feared and respected if he/she contributes in her own way and simply just from being in the same crew as the Straw Hats.

Again, I'd rather see and think Sabo has a higher chances of joining than a dwarf or Rebecca.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hokageji's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    While I would love her to join, doesn't Brook already have speed and scouting as part of his abilities?
    But Brook doesn't fit in anyone's pocket. Wicca does.

Wicca wont join, the dwarfs cannot be separated. I am sure the dwarfs will count as the 8000 followers of Ussop, one of his lies that has turned true.

The only trend in the current nakama is a flashback before they join (except zoro, robin who had flashbacks after).
    I can only see Rebecca join in that manner, but its too early to tell. I think there is stronger possibility of allies than actual nakaams
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.” - Terry Prachett

3. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Haha, it would be so good if Usopp is the one to make his name on all the weird islands. First Skypia and the skylandians with his statue, now dwarves and the legend of Usoland.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MBVC's Avatar
    Country
    Bouvet Island
    Post Thanks / Like

Either Violet or none. Her abilities are quite useful for the crew; Law is an equal ally, Cavendish is another potential ally, Barto is a creepy stalker and Luffy doesn't need 1 more, CC should be thrown into the ocean after this arc, Sabo has his home in the RA, Momo = a huge potential sex addicted.

I realized that I am merely a conscience programmed into a game.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hokageji's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    Haha, it would be so good if Usopp is the one to make his name on all the weird islands. First Skypia and the skylandians with his statue, now dwarves and the legend of Usoland.
    I know right, he might even get away with a CAPTAIN USOLAND title.

Quote Originally Posted by MBVC View Post
    Either Violet or none. Her abilities are quite useful for the crew; Law is an equal ally, Cavendish is another potential ally, Barto is a creepy stalker and Luffy doesn't need 1 more, CC should be thrown into the ocean after this arc, Sabo has his home in the RA, Momo = a huge potential sex addicted.
    But why will she join? She is a Riku family member, and joined Doflamingo's crew only to protect the king. Joining Strawhats wouldn't allow her to do that. Rebecca has the same reason, but she hasn't shown any promise to side with the Riku's.

Anyways, Momo is too young to be at the sea, and also important for some reason. Shanks denied Luffy because the ocean is a dangerous place for a kid and Luffy will do the same. Unless the secret for Momo will need continuous protection.
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.” - Terry Prachett

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Bellamy's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

My point of view on each potential recruit.

Sabo : As a certainly relatively important member of the Revolutionary Army, I think he have no reason to join Luffy. It's like Ace. They have different goals. Different dreams. They are brothers, friends, rivals. Whether he wins or not Ace's fruit or not doesn't change anything about the possibility of him joining. Maybe he could achieve his goal by the Piracy along Luffy, so there's still a possibility, but she's very thin.

Rebecca : Because she is a girl, have a different fighting style, pink hair, sad past... everybody thinks she will be the obvious choice. Others think that she's Vivi 2.0. I strongly disagree on both points. The gender or the tragic history doesn't means shat, apart that she will have a certain role during Dressrosa's Arc. Whatever it will be. For now, it's just too soon to assume, like with every other characters in fact. And if you want to follow some ridiculous pattern, she have no goal apart living with Thunder Soldier. I don't like her, nor hate her. For now, she doesn't have show ANYTHING at all. You can like her design, maybe, even if she isn't really original if you ask me. Her story was all about Thunder Soldier, who's still alive. What I don't like is her personnality. Trying to kill Luffy, crying all the damn time... I understand you can get emotional, but at least if you want to bring to the table a woman fighter, make her strong, like Erza. Erza I like.

Violet : Nothing for her to join. Yes, interesing Devil Fruit. Cheated too. Would spoil the fun of unexpected events. Would put a weird romance on the boat with Sanji. I just... no. She's a beauty, and that's it.

Toy Soldier : I really like him. Both fun and brave, and he's the one living a really tragic story if you think about it for one second. He seems strong, determined, he's loving and mysterious. Sadly, he will certainly die for the purpose of Rebecca's story. I just feel like he will die or get injured à la Pell. (which sucks, by the way, just kill some people Oda, get real, Ace and Whitebard, that was masterpiece) We're not even sure he's Kyros, so the whole theory of "Bronze Statue" that Luffy told years ago doesn't means anything for now. Maybe Kyros wasn't even shown yet. Anyway, I just feel he will die after becoming human again, when we will see him for the first and last time. Such sadness. Wow.

Wicca : A dwarf. A female. Strong. Clumsy. Zoro GPS. Useful. Cute. It's enough or I continue to point out she's a serious contender ? Oh wait, she can't, silly me. She have blue hair !! But does that mean Luffy, Usopp, Brook... ? Wait... She have a Sabo hat ! She must be part of Revolutionary Army or what ! No, seriously. She's a strange looking funny little dwarf. She could make a good Straw Hat, but we don't know anything else.

Leo : Same as Wicca, except he's a boy, have a funny Devil Fruit, and seems important. Not as special as Wicca for now though, just more screen time.

Cavendish : Nope. He hates Luffy. That will not change anytime soon. You could except at least that, for some comic relief, he will be an ally like Buggy, against his will. But a Straw Hat ? Lol.

Koala : Just... no. I'm in love with her, but I don't think a Revolutionary will join. That would be badass and awesome, but why would she even join Luffy ? If Jinbe comes during this arc, I'm not even sure that would change her mind. It could, but I just doubt it. And we haven't seen anything from her, except she's a beautiful steampunk karate fishman expert lady. That's just... wonderful. And if Jinbe doesn't join, well we could have Karate Fishman without Fishman doing Karate. Well, that escalted quickly !

Kinemon & Momonosuke : We will see during Zou, Wano Kuni, whatever it is. Kinemon seems strong enough. Not that much. His DF is quite useless for fights, but in other situations, it isn't. His personnality of a Samurai is quite funny. His design is OK. But he's still Momonosuke's father. And Momonosuke status remains unknown. Plus, there is Kanjurou around that we didn't even saw yet. But I hate Momonosuke. A little perv brat. I don't see them joining both, as well as I don't see one joining apart. The Buggy/Shanks argument is... well yeah. I think they were both older and interesting than Momo is. Considering the danger of the New World, bringing a weak child who just can turn into a pink dragon is just... dumb. Even for Luffy. It's a good easter egg of Dragon Ball, but it doesn't have to go further. Really. And another swordsman in the crew... meh. Unless Oda makes Brook focusing on music attack only, that would be tiring pretty quick. Swords swords swords boobs deer beams legs haki lolplants boobs and thunder.

Bellamy : Well. I'm not gonna say much more about him until he actually wins a fight. Or he sacrifice himself for someone, like Luffy. When he will stop being in denial, if Oda reveals a sad past and gives him the dream of making Luffy as the Pirates King, then it will be worthwhile to talk of him joining. He's loyal, a brawler, cool design, he changed, he have his own vicious personnality, like Robin is weird and creepy, he would be vicious without meaning to be, would creep Chopper and Cie, then realizes it's wrong and be all awkward. For me, it's clear that Oda giving him screen time, actually, take time to build a rich character development, isn't just for the lulz. He will eventually do something great during this arc, or join. He could be an ally, a Straw Hat, a new captain, a simple pirate under Bartolomeo...

Law : He have his own story, his own path, his own crew. He just forms Straw Hearts Pirates. I don't think he will ever join Straw Hats entirely.

Bartolomeo : An ally he will be. His personnality his alike Bellamy's. A fanboy, much more weird, strange, as vicious... They two get along well together, so they can end up as team mates. But I don't see Bellamy being under someone who himself is a fanboy of someone that he is under. I think having an fanboy, like Hancock, around the ship permanently would just be boring. Just like Sanji nosebleed was quickly getting old at some point. A fanboy is new, at this degree of groupie, but still... He's an excellent character, and an excellent first ally he will be. Like Don Chinjao, if you catch my drift.

Caesar : Too evil. Nothing to do with Franky and Robin. Don't even bother mention it. He's just a heartless opportunist bastard. His interractions with Straw Hats are funny, like for Kin'emon. But I think that he will too just stay a while, before getting killed or captured or anything. Anything but joining the Straw Hats. I don't think ANYONE on the ship would forgive what he did to children, just for the glory, and moreover, just because he felt like it. He's a madman, annoying prideful scientist, who have a quite cheated ability, but not that strong too.

None : Yeah. It could be. We just don't know. It's the final message. There is some strong hints for certain characters, none for most of them, but still, they could find a way to join, if Luffy or Oda wants it. We will be wondering until the very end of Dressrosa.
    Donquixote Pirates all day, son.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Cavendish's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Early picture of some of luffys crew (a dwarf to the left )
    http://static2.wikia.nocookie.net/__...Early_Crew.png

I mean, Oda loves to create something he brought up for us as fodder information that actually became something in the future, we have a thread for that

http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showth...s-Images-share!

so therefore I still believe in http://static2.wikia.nocookie.net/__...Early_Crew.png

Why wouldnt a dwarf join the Strawhats, they already have a cyborg, skeleton, a deer that accidentally ate a Hito Hito no Mi and so on, everyone is wanted and have something unique, and dwarfs/gnomes are a rare race for the rest of the world.. (not for us ).

Luffy was impressed when they mentioned it (maybe just excited to the hearing of a dwarf). Nami would love a snitch that would get all the bellys and treasures for her, theyre fast as hell, and dwarfes possess great strength.. and they also know all the herbs in the world so Chopper could make all the antidotes for them

So Jimbei will go with Luffy through his promise to Ace, in the crew or just protecting FI for him in the "Strawhat Area candidate for Yonkou"..

and they will have a dwarf, wouldnt mind me at all

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

None of the Revolutionary Army members will join Luffy. Luffy wants to be a pirate, while the Revolutionary Army's goal is to get rid of evil and protect people. The members would likely not like that, given they want to liberate countries from tyrannical rules and all. Given what Luffy has done though, I can see the Army and the Straw Hats becoming allies, since both are enemies of the Government, Dragon is Luffy's dad, and both crews will respect each other.

The old drawing of the crew should be tossed, given only the skeleton and the reindeer were the most accurate, and even then, there were considerable changes. Not a good indicator.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    Why would the dwarf be known as a shichibukai when he's part of Luffy's crew? Luffy, Zoro, and Sanji are the only ones who'd be thought of as shichibukai, the latter two only because of their power. The dwarf can be feared and respected if he/she contributes in her own way and simply just from being in the same crew as the Straw Hats.

Again, I'd rather see and think Sabo has a higher chances of joining than a dwarf or Rebecca.
    I didn't say the dwarf in question would be known as a shichibukai. I said whoever joins luffy's main crew would necessarily have to be someone who commands the same amount of respect as a shichibukai or a main crewmember from other big crew. True, perhaps a dwarf can become strong but so far it does not seem like there is anyone particularly exceptional among the dwarfs. I would think a potential candidate would have stood out more by now too.

Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

I know, I was too lazy to ask "why would the dwarf need to command the same amount of respect as a shichibukai," given the dwarf won't be a captain or even the main fighting force. While a dwarf can become strong, just how strong can they be? Will it be enough to go against bigger opponents?

Horosho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The lizard from chapter 732's cover story will be the next Strawhat.

---------- Post added at 09:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    I can see the [Revolutionary] Army and the Straw Hats becoming allies since both are enemies of the Government, Dragon is Luffy's dad , and both crews will respect each other.
    Fixed. No further explanation needed.

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity chess4's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Honestly it could be anyone. Frankie and Robin were both enemies when they were first introduced. Robin joining really threw a wrench into how characters join. No one saw that coming, I thought it was Vivi all the way.

Oda is outstanding at sticking to things that he said earlier in the story such as hacchi being the 2nd strongest swordsman on fishman island, and Norland's story about the dwarves. In the beginning Luffy said he wanted 10 nakama. he has 8 now, with Jinbe sure to join soon enough.

It could be a lot of people from this arc......For me its 3 possibles, Violet, Rebecca, and Kinemon. They all have reason they can join, and reason they cannot. I guess we will see eventually

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Bellamy's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    The lizard from chapter 732's cover story will be the next Strawhat.
    What are you saying ?!
    It will be Pandaman ! Stop it ! Stahp !!
    Donquixote Pirates all day, son.

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post

Fixed. No further explanation needed.
    Wrongu! The Revolutionary Army would not ally itself with the Straw Hats if they weren't good people, regardless of Dragon's relationship to Luffy. Given what Luffy and his crew have done from Alabasta to Punk Hazard, they'll definitely be proud to have the Straw Hats as allies. If Luffy subjugated people or treated them horribly, the Revolutionary Army would likely just leave Luffy alone or stop him if needed.

19. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hokageji View Post
    But Brook doesn't fit in anyone's pocket. Wicca does.

Wicca wont join, the dwarfs cannot be separated. I am sure the dwarfs will count as the 8000 followers of Ussop, one of his lies that has turned true.

The only trend in the current nakama is a flashback before they join (except zoro, robin who had flashbacks after).
    I can only see Rebecca join in that manner, but its too early to tell. I think there is stronger possibility of allies than actual nakaams
    Can i give you a piece of advice? Never say never there were a lot of ppl saying stuff like for example DD wouldnt even possible for him to be a teryubito or that sabo will never come in this arc and stupid stuff like it would beneath oda's story writing skills but they got it wrong so dont be absolute about some stuff.

New Reply
Page 2 of 62 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast