Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 (2)

View Poll Results: Who is gonna join?

Voters
159. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sabo

8 5.03%
  • Rebecca

19 11.95%
  • Violet

7 4.40%
  • Toy Soldier

2 1.26%
  • Wicca

8 5.03%
  • Leo

4 2.52%
  • Cavendish

2 1.26%
  • Koala

2 1.26%
  • Kinemon

12 7.55%
  • Momonosuke

4 2.52%
  • Kinemon + Momonosuke

11 6.92%
  • Bellamy

5 3.14%
  • Law

4 2.52%
  • Bartolomeo

24 15.09%
  • Caesar

2 1.26%
  • None

45 28.30%
New Reply
Page 3 of 62 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast

Thread: The Search for Straw Hat's New Nakama... - 3rd edition

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hokageji's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Search for Straw Hat's New Nakama... - 3rd edition

Quote Originally Posted by Don Chinjao View Post
    Can i give you a piece of advice? Never say never there were a lot of ppl saying stuff like for example DD wouldnt even possible for him to be a teryubito or that sabo will never come in this arc and stupid stuff like it would beneath oda's story writing skills but they got it wrong so dont be absolute about some stuff.
    Thank you for the advice, I agree with you, One Piece is unpredictable and it is wrong to say never happen in OP world.

However, what part of my post are you exactly referring to? Are you referring to Wicca joining? I couldn't find the use of never in my post you quoted, only wont which is close but not the same.
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.” - Terry Prachett

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

id still rather see jimbei join than anyone else, including sabo

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Beatrice's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I certainly can't say I dislike the thought of Jinbe dying but passing on the torch to Koala joining in his stead.

Just a thought seeing their past,tigers last words and current Koala's apparent abilities.
    I mean, Tiger did say that the children of Koalas Generation are the ones that can change things for the Fishman talking about that there are kindhearted Humans but he himself can no longer love the humans.

Certainly, Koala can do that as well with the Revolutionaries so take this with a grain of salt.
    Last edited by Beatrice; December 27, 2013 at 12:04 AM.
    "Sleep peacefully, my most beloved witch, Beatrice."

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Spenzi's Avatar
    Country
    Switzerland
    Post Thanks / Like

Rebecca is the flashbackqueen this arc :P hopefully she gets in the crew.
    22.01.2014: Vivi is going to participate the Reverie this year with King Cobra. And she'll finally join Luffy's crew.

Possible new nakama:
    - Kin'emon
    - Momonosuke
    - Bellamy
    - Ceaser Clown
    - Mancherie

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner TitaniumOxide's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Just a random thought here and i apologize if someone said the same but... What if bellamy joins? It just crossed my mind and now that i think Of it, well let me just cut ti he chase and list the reasons:

1. He always looked up to dd even though he is a villain and bellamy was introed as a villian so its natural he doesnt mind working for a bigger villain. Now that hes becoming friendlier to luffy and blah blah he may wanna work under someone truly rightious and noble for a change.
    2. He got stronger ( though still fodder but we all know that once ur a strawhat u will be able to fully recover no matter the damage dealt)
    3. His dream. Wait what dream? His dream to be dd's lapdog ofc. I mean cmon he has "donxiquote doflamingo's bitch" written all over him. This ties into reason #1. If bellamy do joins, he will get his share of flashbacks of why he is and was A bad guy and why he really looked up to dd all those years ago and then BAM oda uses that to say oh now bellamy found out what he did was wrong N he can still achieve his dream of being the underling of the next pirate king.
    4. He doesnt have a crew anymore.
    5. We got so many characters, this one wouldnt need too many chapters portraying his powers n introductions.
    6. He is still almost a complete asshole. Wouldnt it be different to have a dbag join the mugiwaras for a change? Everyone who joined so far has a role they fill for the ship. Brook is the dead skeleton who sings n uses a sword. U got a cyborg and a damn tanuki doctor. Its time we get someone that isnt super unique; just your regular asshole. His role for the ship: tbd, i couldnt think of this one so u guys can if u want.

Now im just saying bellamy is a possibility, id still rather have someone else that is uber powerful to join, not rebecca or whoever else in this arc besides mr foxfire. I can actually see bellamy leading the remnants of dds forces and ally with luffy once dd gets his Ass beat. What do u guys think?i rly hope this prediction comes out Wrong lol. Sry about The choppiness of the post, did all this On a phone.
    "Hard work beats talent, when talent fails to work hard." - Kevin Durant
    "Expected charity is a nicer way to demand slavery." - Terry Goodkind

If my grammar and overall writing sucks, my bad, im too lazy to do everything right on my fone.

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Bellamy's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Good points, though the possibilities of him joining are currently thin.

Nevertheless, here's a little fan art I found : http://img4.hostingpics.net/pics/217...ull1441431.jpg
    Pretty cute and touching, isn't it ?
    If someone can bring that up, imagine what Oda can do with his talent to make us cry over sad stories and character fates.
    I'm pretty sure we will have a flashback explaining why he's so entitled and loyal to Doflamingo, along with Law's flashback and Doflamingo's past.

While the theory of him being saved during Dressrosa isn't the most logical since it is said that he's from North Blue, it's definitely not impossible that Bellamy acknowledged Doflamingo doing the same tricks in North Blue. I'm pretty sure that Doflamingo made his teeth on the main seas back then before going on Grand Line and then New World to conquer back Dressrosa. We saw him during Gol D. Roger execution.

So yeah, I can't wait to see what Oda will come up with until the end of Dressrosa's Arc.
    Donquixote Pirates all day, son.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Honestly, I think kinemon is joining the crew. Ever since nami called mononosuke a card I am more convinced than ever that mononosuke is actually unrelated to kinemon and is actually some sort of important figure in wano. With that kinemon can join the strawhats freely without turning into a giant asshole as ussop's dad (yasop is the definition of neglectful SOB). With that the strawhats would have a pretty nice swordsman trinity so to speak and 2 of them commanding opposing elements on top of yet another haki user which are never lacking in the new world. He might even serve as inspiration for the other strawhats to get of their asses and learn the single most generic but important skill that should be in their arsenal.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Greta's Avatar
    Country
    Hungary
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    kinemon can join the strawhats freely without turning into a giant asshole as ussop's dad
    Thanks, that made me laugh .

Regarding the issue, I'd want Leo to join the crew because how fun would it be to have a moron like that on board, believing every lie that Usopp comes up with and making excuses for how cool his coward behaviour is?!
    When there is a new nakama there is always something new and funny about his/her character, so if we approach the matter liket that he would be perfect.
    Another thing that they add to the crew is their fighting style and in Leo's case that's also a given.

Unfortunately, I don't see him joining.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Bellamy's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greta View Post
    Thanks, that made me laugh .

Regarding the issue, I'd want Leo to join the crew because how fun would it be to have a moron like that on board, believing every lie that Usopp comes up with and making excuses for how cool his coward behaviour is?!
    When there is a new nakama there is always something new and funny about his/her character, so if we approach the matter liket that he would be perfect.
    Another thing that they add to the crew is their fighting style and in Leo's case that's also a given.

Unfortunately, I don't see him joining.
    I find your description quite fitting for Chopper, actually. He's very naive, a good duo with Chopper, trust him thoroughly... That's why Leo, despite being interesting, isn't more interesting than Wicca for example. There is of course his devil fruit, quite funny, but he lacks of something to me. (except he's a tiny midget super strong)
    Donquixote Pirates all day, son.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Greta's Avatar
    Country
    Hungary
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, actually I thought about Chopper too, they are similar, but still.. their naivity surprised even Usopp and Robin and they are used to Chopper, so it tells it all
    Chopper's reaction is usually more like: "Realy?!" Leo's is: "What a tactic!"-as he said during the last chapter .
    Aside from that i know he most probably won't join, if there is anyone joining it'll be Kinemon or Momonosuke or both, though two at once sounds kinda too much.

There are already 3 perverts among the crew members, another pervert would make that four and that's just too much of pervertness, though it's true that a perverted kid triggers reactions from other crew members.

As for Kinemon, the same theory applies here, three swordsmen... However all three of them differ in their techniques, so..

Yeah, too much buts everywhere, so if there wont be other developments for their characters as of right now i dont think anyone fits to be a nakama of the StrawHats.
    Last edited by Greta; January 10, 2014 at 01:48 PM.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Mononosuke can't join.... He is too important to actually ever be a crewmember. The most likely scenario is that he is in a similar position to vivi in this regard. Even if that wasn't the case mononosuke is the ideal combination of young, weak and useless for him to ever be a proper crewmember. He would bring literally nothing in to the crew, he would be deadweight. Kinemon has strength and a unusual ability, he is ideal for the crew....

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lee-tyme7's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The votes said it all. No body want anyone to join in this arc and Caesar got no vote which means Oda will do the unpredictable and let Caesar join the Strawhats crew, lol. Why becus Caesar is the key to everything in this arc. What happens after they win? Let him go? Give him back to the government? No, I think he's going to join the strawhat by being their prisoner, willingly becus he's a wanted man and he also want to proved to everybody he's better than Vega Punk. So traveling with the strawhats will improve his research but Luffy and the gang will keep him in line so he won't do evil experiment again. With his addition it'll also give the crew a science advisor, there will be all sort of crazy stuff or things in the new world so with Caesars knowledge the crew will know what they'll be up against. He's also a scientist so he can invent some cool stuff for the Strawhats. Plus he already fit well with Usopp and the weaker crews as a comedy relief. LOL!
    Last edited by Lee-tyme7; January 10, 2014 at 04:51 PM.

Love is like a hurricane.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

72.5% voted for someone to join. :P

I don't think he will stay for over the Kaidou saga.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner TitaniumOxide's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh man ceasar joining would be muuuuch better than bellamy. Damn im already loling about the possibilities if cc joins. He wouldnt Be A bad Asset either i mean he is a logia, hes fairly powerful, and funny. Who knows maybe luffy will turn him into a more honest person by giving him another chance at being a scientist.
    "Hard work beats talent, when talent fails to work hard." - Kevin Durant
    "Expected charity is a nicer way to demand slavery." - Terry Goodkind

If my grammar and overall writing sucks, my bad, im too lazy to do everything right on my fone.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Akia999's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

CC kidnapped, drugged, and experimented on children. He manipulated his own men and tried to kill them with poisonous gas. He's a douchebag, the kind which Luffy hates.
    It's good enough of a reason for him NOT to join.

New Reply
Page 3 of 62 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast