Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)

View Poll Results: Who is gonna join?

Voters
169. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sabo

8 4.73%
  • Rebecca

19 11.24%
  • Violet

7 4.14%
  • Toy Soldier

2 1.18%
  • Wicca

8 4.73%
  • Leo

4 2.37%
  • Cavendish

3 1.78%
  • Koala

2 1.18%
  • Kinemon

12 7.10%
  • Momonosuke

4 2.37%
  • Kinemon + Momonosuke

11 6.51%
  • Bellamy

6 3.55%
  • Law

6 3.55%
  • Bartolomeo

29 17.16%
  • Caesar

2 1.18%
  • None

46 27.22%
New Reply
Page 31 of 67 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 ... LastLast

Thread: The Search for Straw Hat's New Nakama... - 3rd edition

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Search for Straw Hat's New Nakama... - 3rd edition

No.
    Not really, but why not?
    Want it such a strong word, they don't need another female crewmember, but it wouldn't hurt either if done right.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Spam286's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Akia999 View Post
    Random question
    Looking back at some of the old posts dating back from 2007, I noticed that people seem to want a female member. And still do now after 7 years.
    So, I want to ask a few question to no one in particular.
    Do you think it's likely our next crewmate is a female?
    Do you think it's necessary to have an another female on the ship?
    Do you want another female on the ship?
    Yes.
    No.
    Yes.

I think the disparity of genders in the crew is such that it tips the scales in favour of any new member being female. (I count Jinbei as already being a member.)
    Nothing is necessary though. One Piece isn't suddenly going to turn awful just because yet another male joins, but...
    I would be a bit disappointed if more characters join but there still isn't another woman. I'm keen on strong female characters and so naturally I want one to join.

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EddyBob15 View Post
    Well, perhaps there will be a chance for it to build after Doflamingo is beaten.
    True, but so far, only one criteria is met, and the longer the arc goes, the less chance there is of one or two other criteria being met. We were introduced to nearly all of the Straw Hats' quirk/s early on, who lent aid to Luffy or the crew in some way. Eventually, bar Franky, Luffy also fought for his crew members, whether to free Zoro and beat Morgan, get Chopper back in Davy Back arc, or to get Robin back from the government. So there's that, since Luffy's even more determined to beat Doflamingo for Rebecca.

Of course, Vivi is a contradiction.
    Random question
    Looking back at some of the old posts dating back from 2007, I noticed that people seem to want a female member. And still do now after 7 years.
    So, I want to ask a few question to no one in particular.
    Do you think it's likely our next crewmate is a female?
    Do you think it's necessary to have an another female on the ship?
    Do you want another female on the ship?
    Counting JInbei? Most likely not. If we don't count Jinbei? There's a chance.

No. It's ridiculous to think otherwise. Having another female just for the sake of female isn't going to help or add to the story.

I don't mind, as long as she adds to the dynamic of the crew.

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity chess4's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Has it really been 7 years since brook joined? Damn. The strawhats will get a new member here. Its going to be sabo or kinemon.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    True, but so far, only one criteria is met, and the longer the arc goes, the less chance there is of one or two other criteria being met. We were introduced to nearly all of the Straw Hats' quirk/s early on, who lent aid to Luffy or the crew in some way. Eventually, bar Franky, Luffy also fought for his crew members, whether to free Zoro and beat Morgan, get Chopper back in Davy Back arc, or to get Robin back from the government. So there's that, since Luffy's even more determined to beat Doflamingo for Rebecca.
    Glad you're willing to believe that Rebecca has a chance. I'm sure we're going to see more of her character during the climax of the arc. After all, as some have pointed out, she was holding back during Block D so she may be more powerful than she's letting on.

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    Counting JInbei? Most likely not. If we don't count Jinbei? There's a chance.
    Uh, I'm pretty sure that if someone joins before Jinbe, they'll be counted as #9 while he is the tenth.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Akia999's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Schabrak, Spam286 and M3J for the reply. I was just curious.
    Personally, I don't care about the gender of the next crewmate. I'm more interesting in what the character can offer to the crew. I don't think it's at all necessary to have another female of the crew since the strawhats already has more female on the crew compare to other pirate ship. If our next crewmate turns out to be a girl, it's fine. If is a male, it's also fine.

Quote Originally Posted by chess4 View Post
    Has it really been 7 years since brook joined? Damn. The strawhats will get a new member here. Its going to be sabo or kinemon.
    Brook joined in 2008 so it's 6 years.

Quote Originally Posted by EddyBob15 View Post
    Glad you're willing to believe that Rebecca has a chance. I'm sure we're going to see more of her character during the climax of the arc. After all, as some have pointed out, she was holding back during Block D so she may be more powerful than she's letting on.
    I got a question for you. Do you think it's very likely that toy soldier dies/ Dressrosa got destroyed/ both Toy soldier and Rebecca declare criminals/ Rebecca eats the mera mera no mi and join the crew for protection? Because there seem to be the only way she can join according to Rebecca's supporters.

Without the exception of Ace, Luffy and his crew has been very successful at helping out his friends/ a country/ a village. All of them were better off after Luffy helped.
    Spoiler show

If you still think toy soldier dies/ Dressrosa got destroyed/ both Toy soldier and Rebecca declare criminals/ Rebecca eats the mera mera no mi and join the crew for protection, I don't know what to say.

Logically, after Luffy takes down Doflamingo, Dressrosa will be return to King Riku. Viola may even ascend the throne. All the citizen will regain back their memory and start to respect the Riku family again. Toy Soldier will be changed back to his human form. Rebecca will remember her dad and live with him peacefully. Both of them may even decide to revert the colliseum back to its old way.

Sure, Kaidou may appear at the end of the arc and threaten to destroy Dressrosa. But, it's very unlikely he will do a significant amount of damage to Dressrosa. It would serve as a hype. Like Big mom appearing at the end of Fishman Island.

Not ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE in One Piece. It's difficult to predict some things but the general outline of each arc is pretty easy to predict based on past arcs.

So, Rebecca isn't going to join since she offers almost nothing to the crew. Oda also has established her character within 32 chapters (her principal, her sad past, her dream, her connection to Dressrosa, her relationship to other character, her fighting style and her personality).It's not going to change much overtime. None of the far-fetched scenario will also happen forcing Rebecca to join the crew. Give her a break. She's miserable as it is. She deserved to be happy living with Toy Soldier, not being forced to join the crew.

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Spam286's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I got a question for you. Do you think it's very likely that toy soldier dies/ Dressrosa got destroyed/ both Toy soldier and Rebecca declare criminals/ Rebecca eats the mera mera no mi and join the crew for protection? Because there seem to be the only way she can join according to Rebecca's supporters.
    Personally I think it is quite likely that she will be the one to eat the mera mera no mi. She's one of only three characters in contention, and my gut says it won't be Sabo that eats it so I think it's between her and Burgess. Whether her eating it would result in her being targeted by BB remains to be seen, but he seems to want it and he's capable of taking it from her if she eats it so there's that.

I don't think it's likely that Dressrosa gets destroyed, nor that both Rebecca and Soldier-san are forced to join.

As for Soldier-san dying, I don't know. Past arcs suggest it's unlikely, but he does keep saying stuff that makes me less sure he'll live. It could just be an attempt to ramp up the drama a little, but Oda must know his past form means that won't work unless he actually goes through with it. I guess that makes me less sure than you. Not sure enough to entirely rule out the possibility of her joining at any rate.

Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spam286 View Post
    Personally I think it is quite likely that she will be the one to eat the mera mera no mi. She's one of only three characters in contention, and my gut says it won't be Sabo that eats it so I think it's between her and Burgess. Whether her eating it would result in her being targeted by BB remains to be seen, but he seems to want it and he's capable of taking it from her if she eats it so there's that.

I don't think it's likely that Dressrosa gets destroyed, nor that both Rebecca and Soldier-san are forced to join.

As for Soldier-san dying, I don't know. Past arcs suggest it's unlikely, but he does keep saying stuff that makes me less sure he'll live. It could just be an attempt to ramp up the drama a little, but Oda must know his past form means that won't work unless he actually goes through with it. I guess that makes me less sure than you. Not sure enough to entirely rule out the possibility of her joining at any rate.
    I honestly don't think she will eat it. She has literally no reason to if Luffy is going to take Doflamingo down. But even if she does, it doesn't mean she will become a crewmate.

The shinokuni was supposed to kill everything in its path. At the end of arc, it turns out the victims can still be rescue if they are removed from the cocoon. Yeah, nobody dies!
    Robin broke Spandam's spine in half and he somehow survived.
    Pell survived the explosion.
    If Monet and Vergo are featured in the next cover story, we know that toy Soldier will definitely live.

Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

I honestly don't think she will eat it. She has literally no reason to if Luffy is going to take Doflamingo down. But even if she does, it doesn't mean she will become a crewmate.

The shinokuni was supposed to kill everything in its path. At the end of arc, it turns out the victims can still be rescue if they are removed from the cocoon. Yeah, nobody dies!
    Robin broke Spandam's spine in half and he somehow survived.
    Pell survived the explosion.
    If Monet and Vergo are featured in the next cover story, we know that toy Soldier will definitely live.
    We know that luffy gonna beat dd. rebecca doesent. And the tourny will prolly get over before luffy reaches dd. so she does have a reason to eat it. Its just that her reason is unreasonable cause luffy gonna kick the reasons butt. (reason=dd)
    Your right about her not joining the crew if she does get it. She might even join revolutionaries.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Spenzi's Avatar
    Country
    Switzerland
    Post Thanks / Like

What about Luffy cannot defeat Dofflamingo now, Rebecca eats the mera mera no mi for taking down Dofflamingo, Dofflamingo needs to escape and Rebecca is still angry at Doffy= New Dream of Rebecca: KILL DOFFLAMINGO! lol
    that is really far-fetched and very unlikely but it would be funny hahha!
    22.01.2014: Vivi is going to participate the Reverie this year with King Cobra. And she'll finally join Luffy's crew.

Possible new nakama:
    - Kin'emon
    - Momonosuke
    - Rebecca
    - Bellamy
    - Ceaser Clown
    - Mancherie
    - Kanjuro

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Syphin's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Leaving Vergo aside, the ambiguous nature of Monet's "heart" stabbing that left open the possibility of the scene being interpreted in way supporting her being alive does suggest that Oda may have intended not to kill her during the Punk Hazard Arc. I also do find it weird that no mention was made of Monet's heart being right in front of Strawhats when they made it outside the facility and to the SAD ship.

Anyway, I don't see Soldier-san dying this arc.

Will have to wait and see how Rebecca's character changes once all her memories are restored.

Either way, I've been getting the impression from how this arc has been building up that Rebecca will become the "hero" of the Colosseum and remain "undefeated" and that Sabo will be the one who claims the Mera Mera no Mi. Given how the final Colosseum battle may end prematurely with Sugar's hold on the toys breaking, Sabo may just get the opportunity to take the Mera Mera no Mi as that is the very thing he is after in this arc.

Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey moncherry could join the crew right? We dont know anything about her yet but she doesnt seem to fit into your regular dwarfs character (gulibleness). So she must be having an interesting past and all. Do you think it is possible or is it too late for her to make an appearance to join the crew.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MBVC's Avatar
    Country
    Bouvet Island
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spenzi View Post
    What about Luffy cannot defeat Dofflamingo now, Rebecca eats the mera mera no mi for taking down Dofflamingo, Dofflamingo needs to escape and Rebecca is still angry at Doffy= New Dream of Rebecca: KILL DOFFLAMINGO! lol

DD > Law > Rebecca + mera mera

I realized that I am merely a conscience programmed into a game.

Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sameel View Post
    Your right about her not joining the crew if she does get it. She might even join revolutionaries.
    Why can't she just stay in Dressrosa with her father? Story wise, Burgess or Sabo having the fruit be more interesting IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Spenzi View Post
    Rebecca refuse to hurt people and have zero killling intent. So, no.

Quote Originally Posted by Syphin View Post
    Leaving Vergo aside, the ambiguous nature of Monet's "heart" stabbing that left open the possibility of the scene being interpreted in way supporting her being alive does suggest that Oda may have intended not to kill her during the Punk Hazard Arc. I also do find it weird that no mention was made of Monet's heart being right in front of Strawhats when they made it outside the facility and to the SAD ship.
    I never doubt once Monet was dead. I don't think she will appear again in this arc. Considering how badly she lost to Zoro, no point having her back.

Quote Originally Posted by sameel View Post
    Hey moncherry could join the crew right? We dont know anything about her yet but she doesnt seem to fit into your regular dwarfs character (gulibleness). So she must be having an interesting past and all. Do you think it is possible or is it too late for her to make an appearance to join the crew.
    From what we know of her, she seem like a terrible candidate with a terrible personality. But if could change, once we see her. For now, it's very unlikely. Though she does stand out from the other dwarfs based on her personality.
    Oda does tend to introduce characters at the end of the arc. Like Big mom, tamago and Pekom at the end of Fishman Island arc. Buffalo and Baby 5 at the end of punk hazard arc.
    So, she will definitely make an appearance in this arc. Along with Kanjurou and maybe the other unnamed samurai. As for whether she can join the crew, we will have to wait and see.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fox666's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

The problem with Rebecca eating the fruit is that she is too weak. She didn't actually won Block D, and even if she was a Logia, she wouldn't do better than Caribou, for example. And Ace was such an important character that's hard to believe his ability would be wasted like that...
    Quote Originally Posted by IChallengeYou! View Post
    TOBI IS OBITO

did you say something about timelines?! naruto ate it NOM NOM NOM IT'S GONE.

New Reply
Page 31 of 67 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 ... LastLast