Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!

View Poll Results: Who is gonna join?

Voters
199. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sabo

8 4.02%
  • Rebecca

19 9.55%
  • Violet

9 4.52%
  • Toy Soldier

3 1.51%
  • Wicca

9 4.52%
  • Leo

5 2.51%
  • Cavendish

3 1.51%
  • Koala

2 1.01%
  • Kinemon

12 6.03%
  • Momonosuke

5 2.51%
  • Kinemon + Momonosuke

12 6.03%
  • Bellamy

10 5.03%
  • Law

8 4.02%
  • Bartolomeo

37 18.59%
  • Caesar

4 2.01%
  • None

53 26.63%
New Reply
Page 64 of 89 FirstFirst ... 14 54 62 63 64 65 66 74 ... LastLast

Thread: The Search for Straw Hat's New Nakama... - 3rd edition

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fox666's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Search for Straw Hat's New Nakama... - 3rd edition

Zoro: Male, Monster?
    Nami: Female
    Ussop: Male, Inventor/Creator
    Sanji: Male, Female related quirks
    Vivi: Strongly considered to join the crew, but refused.

Chopper: Male, Monster
    Robin:Female
    Franky: Male, Inventor/Creator
    Brook: Male, Female related Quirks
    Jinbe: Strongly considered to join the crew, but refused.
    Quote Originally Posted by IChallengeYou! View Post
    TOBI IS OBITO

did you say something about timelines?! naruto ate it NOM NOM NOM IT'S GONE.

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member TheLuffySmile's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fox666 View Post
    Jinbe: Strongly considered to join the crew, but refused.
    Da hell? Jinbe is going to join the crew, he accepted. He just had to take care of some business, break off from under Big Mom's wing among other things.
    The three brothers

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    I haven't said what I said considering a scenario where they do not have their tools. In this situation I have said what I said considering all their skills. I don't see what the relevance of talking about them in a scenario where they do not have their weapons is. Kinda like how we don't talk about luffy or zoro without a DF or swords. Sure, neither of them has much physical prowess to speak of but with their skills they are actually powerful and useful to the crew. Bellamy unfortunately does not have any valuable skills. He is a physical fighter with a DF and haki however neither his fruit, nor physical capacities or even haki are really all that much. He brings nothing to the crew....
    But I'm saying that at the core, Nami and Usopp are weak. Even now, they seem to be weak, but it's their tools that make them "powerful." The point is that power isn't everything, it's all about what they add to the crew. Nami adds her intelligence and knowledge of weather that makes her powerful in battle while Usopp has his shrewdness, tools, and sharpshooter skills that make him a great asset. Zoro is powerful even without his swords, and you can't really take away gomu gomu no mi from Luffy as it's a part of him and a power that he mastered.

Oh, we're debating over Bellamy? Screw that, Bellamy can go rot in the sewers for all I care. I thought we were just debating about powers in general. Rebecca is weak but can still add a lot to the crew with her speed and color of observation haki, making her nearly impossible to hit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Winlyx-chan View Post
    I have only found one possibly 2 true patterns in the crew Luffy chooses for one piece. Everything else has a throw off (tried the monster throw in but it's hard to confirm what is a monster and what isn't besides Chopper) If this pattern is correct the next member will be male and after that it will be a female.

Zoro: Male, Monster?
    Nami: Female
    Ussop: Male, Inventor/Creator
    Sanji: Male, Female related quirks

Chopper: Male, Monster
    Robin:Female
    Franky: Male, Inventor/Creator
    Brook: Male, Female related Quirks

?: Male, Monster
    ?: Female
    (Possibly more to come)
    I don't think that pattern is fully legitimate, as all the members either fought with the crew or helped them and have a quirk of their own that adds to the crew.
    Vote for koen for favorite senpai so koen is active again!

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Pietro's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

After the last chapter I believe that there Will be a flashback on LEo,so maybe the possibilities he joins grow up

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, it seems like leo has something with the princess in which case his non existent odds become... well, stay equally non existent considering that you can't go beneath that.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member jamarTheDem's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I can't see Leo leaving the Princess side he seems like the "Knight in shining armor," . I still have hope for Bartolomeo being the next member . From the mini flashback his crew seemed really "normal" and I'm pretty sure Bartolomeo was searching for the Straw Hats knowing Luffy would come after Ace's DF . Chances are Bartolomeo got tired of his crew, quit it, and was now trying to meet up with Luffy with a chance of joining the SH crew .
    To LIVE is to choose. But to choose well, you must know who you are and what you stand for, where you want to go and why you want to get there. - Kofi Annan

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fox666's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Did you forget there was Gambia from his crew in the Colosseum?
    Quote Originally Posted by IChallengeYou! View Post
    TOBI IS OBITO

did you say something about timelines?! naruto ate it NOM NOM NOM IT'S GONE.

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fox666 View Post
    Did you forget there was Gambia from his crew in the Colosseum?
    Tbh I overlooked that completely . That could mean that The entire Barto club is somewhere on the Island , if anything I think Bartolomeo wants to be commanded under the straw hats pirates kinda how whitebeard alliances were . Well now I can't see anybody joining the SH pirates now . The only possibility I can see now is Kinemon joining but not in this Arc next one maybe .
    To LIVE is to choose. But to choose well, you must know who you are and what you stand for, where you want to go and why you want to get there. - Kofi Annan

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member milek's Avatar
    Country
    Serbia
    Post Thanks / Like

Rebecca could be next crew member. I would like to see he as part of Luffy crew

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ProGoddess's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jamarTheDem View Post
    Tbh I overlooked that completely . That could mean that The entire Barto club is somewhere on the Island , if anything I think Bartolomeo wants to be commanded under the straw hats pirates kinda how whitebeard alliances were . Well now I can't see anybody joining the SH pirates now . The only possibility I can see now is Kinemon joining but not in this Arc next one maybe .
    I feel like saying his friend and fellow samurai, Kanjuro, as he seems to have a set of unique skill that may have fitted into the "criteria" of being a Straw Hat crew. Though the quality of his painting skill doesn't seem to be "satisfactory" among those who have seen it, but it may be something that the Straw Hat is in need of and could be useful to them in the future. In fact he may have already demonstrated his usefulness, by rescuing those that were stuck in the basement. That seems to be a "starter course" for him.

~~~~++~~~~Do You Love Me?~~~~++~~~~

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ProGoddess View Post
    I feel like saying his friend and fellow samurai, Kanjuro, as he seems to have a set of unique skill that may have fitted into the "criteria" of being a Straw Hat crew. Though the quality of his painting skill doesn't seem to be "satisfactory" among those who have seen it, but it may be something that the Straw Hat is in need of and could be useful to them in the future. In fact he may have already demonstrated his usefulness, by rescuing those that were stuck in the basement. That seems to be a "starter course" for him.
    If anything I thinks the samurai arc is next , with that being said if Kinemon & Kanjuro joins that would be great . But as it seemed Samurai HATE pirates and marines so when the crew goes to the country of Wano it might be a whole war . Also Kinemon wanted to live with his child again so unless he bring his child on the thousands sunny too it seems it not go happen . If anything Kanjuro also has a good chance but he doesn't know the people who saved Kinemon were pirates which might strike as a problem to him . Really it all depends on how Oda shapes up the future .

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ProGoddess's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Green Grin Re: The Search for Straw Hat's New Nakama... - 3rd edition

If anything I thinks the samurai arc is next , with that being said if Kinemon & Kanjuro joins that would be great . But as it seemed Samurai HATE pirates and marines so when the crew goes to the country of Wano it might be a whole war . Also Kinemon wanted to live with his child again so unless he bring his child on the thousands sunny too it seems it not go happen . If anything Kanjuro also has a good chance but he doesn't know the people who saved Kinemon were pirates which might strike as a problem to him . Really it all depends on how Oda shapes up the future .
    Though Kinemon may seem to be a good candidate for the Straw Hat but it does not seem to be a good fitting in the story since right from the start, he has strongly indicated his desire of finding his son and living with him. From the past chapters, we have seen how "hard-core" a father he was in trying to push himself all the way for his son even without thinking of his own life and safety. With the recent reunion of the father-and-son, Kinemon seems to appear "more relaxed" as compared to the time when he had lost his son. What a relief for him!

On the other hand, I feel that his friend fits the bill because of the uniqueness of the Straw Hat members. Looking at the crews, we have:-

Luffy - Captain (the leader)
    Zoro - Swordsman
    Nami - Navigator
    Robin - Aarchaeologist
    Sanji - Chef
    Franky - Shipwright
    Brook - Musician
    Chopper - Doctor
    Usopp - Sniper
    Sunny - Ship (Transportation vehicle)

In the Straw Hats, every individual has a specific role to play and each role compliments each other and it does not overlap. Imagine if Kanjuro joins, he would be an Artist (or Painter) in the team.

As for the concern of the samurai being having foul feelings towards pirates (and marines), I do not think this would be an issue. How many of the current Straw Hats members do not have problems before joining the crew? Let's say, for instance, Nami's mother and her village people were killed by pirates, her village was controlled and oppressed by pirates and the poor girl was being forced to work under the pirates at a very young age. Then, she was being forcefully "robbed" by the pirates of her hard-earn wealth. But at the end, she became a Straw Hat member.

Nico Robin, used to be Miss All Sunday under the Baroque Works, was an enemy to the Straw Hat. We have already known the story about her struggle till later on she joined the crew. Similarly, Franky was also an enemy till he later joined the crew.

What I'm saying is that whatever obstacles or problems, they may eventually be solved, especially with our Luffy, it seems like he has some sort of a "charm" to bring people close to him. Thus if Kanjuro is the person that the author has in mind, then the issue of joining wouldn't be a tough thing.

On the other hand, I have noticed another person who has been really in close contact with Luffy. She is none other than Rebecca who has "saved" Luffy by helping him to escape from people who were trying to kill him while he was in the Colosseum and also buying food for him. Later on, we saw that Luffy was "rooting" for Rebecca when the girl was in the ring.

Though Rebecca may have a close encounter with Luffy, but I'm not sure if she is the right candidate for the Crew. As it has made known that she wants to live with his father. Moreover she is also a Princess, the granddaughter of King Riku and there is also her aunt Viola. With her family around, it would be like a reunion for them and presumably that Doflamingo is defeated later on, Dressrosa will naturally be fallen back into King Riku's hand. In other words, King Riku's throne will be reinstated, Princesses Viola and Rebecca will be back home, as well as Kyros, the father of Rebecca and son-in-law of Riku, who will ultimately be back into the palace to resume his role as a Royal Army Commander.

Though having all kinds of speculation, there is also an existence of an unknown member who may not have appeared yet. We just need to see what's next in the author's mind.

~~~~++~~~~Do You Love Me?~~~~++~~~~

19. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ProGoddess View Post
    Though Kinemon may seem to be a good candidate for the Straw Hat but it does not seem to be a good fitting in the story since right from the start, he has strongly indicated his desire of finding his son and living with him. From the past chapters, we have seen how "hard-core" a father he was in trying to push himself all the way for his son even without thinking of his own life and safety. With the recent reunion of the father-and-son, Kinemon seems to appear "more relaxed" as compared to the time when he had lost his son. What a relief for him!

On the other hand, I feel that his friend fits the bill because of the uniqueness of the Straw Hat members. Looking at the crews, we have:-

Luffy - Captain (the leader)
    Zoro - Swordsman
    Nami - Navigator
    Robin - Aarchaeologist
    Sanji - Chef
    Franky - Shipwright
    Brook - Musician
    Chopper - Doctor
    Usopp - Sniper
    Sunny - Ship (Transportation vehicle)

In the Straw Hats, every individual has a specific role to play and each role compliments each other and it does not overlap. Imagine if Kanjuro joins, he would be an Artist (or Painter) in the team.

As for the concern of the samurai being having foul feelings towards pirates (and marines), I do not think this would be an issue. How many of the current Straw Hats members do not have problems before joining the crew? Let's say, for instance, Nami's mother and her village people were killed by pirates, her village was controlled and oppressed by pirates and the poor girl was being forced to work under the pirates at a very young age. Then, she was being forcefully "robbed" by the pirates of her hard-earn wealth. But at the end, she became a Straw Hat member.

Nico Robin, used to be Miss All Sunday under the Baroque Works, was an enemy to the Straw Hat. We have already known the story about her struggle till later on she joined the crew. Similarly, Franky was also an enemy till he later joined the crew.

What I'm saying is that whatever obstacles or problems, they may eventually be solved, especially with our Luffy, it seems like he has some sort of a "charm" to bring people close to him. Thus if Kanjuro is the person that the author has in mind, then the issue of joining wouldn't be a tough thing.

On the other hand, I have noticed another person who has been really in close contact with Luffy. She is none other than Rebecca who has "saved" Luffy by helping him to escape from people who were trying to kill him while he was in the Colosseum and also buying food for him. Later on, we saw that Luffy was "rooting" for Rebecca when the girl was in the ring.

Though Rebecca may have a close encounter with Luffy, but I'm not sure if she is the right candidate for the Crew. As it has made known that she wants to live with his father. Moreover she is also a Princess, the granddaughter of King Riku and there is also her aunt Viola. With her family around, it would be like a reunion for them and presumably that Doflamingo is defeated later on, Dressrosa will naturally be fallen back into King Riku's hand. In other words, King Riku's throne will be reinstated, Princesses Viola and Rebecca will be back home, as well as Kyros, the father of Rebecca and son-in-law of Riku, who will ultimately be back into the palace to resume his role as a Royal Army Commander.

Though having all kinds of speculation, there is also an existence of an unknown member who may not have appeared yet. We just need to see what's next in the author's mind.
    Rebecca and Kinemon might seem like good candidates, but their families & friends what they were fighting for , after they family are saved I can't believe they would do all that to leave with the Straw Hats .

Kanjuro also seems like a good fit for the SH crew but if you really look at it, If it comes to painting that is one of Usopp strong points . It isn't like how Usopp had to take care of the ship (Clearly not knowing what he was doing) till Franky was introduced at Water 7 . By that time the Going Merry was on it last leg . But it was Luffy who couldn't draw a proper pirate flag and needed Usopp an do you remember when the mermaids were being drawn up by the crew and Luffy drew a fish ? Lol Now if Kanjuro do join the crew (which I still doubt) he really can be a good addition . He's honorable and seems childless at the moment . What if Kan can't draw good but has a GREAT handwriting for some reason ? That could mean he could be Data Holder or a novelist . Also his bad drawing ability might make Luffy bust out laughing which the crew can have a comeback about him being bad too .

Also if you remember we're missing a Samurai, they were 4 if I remember including Memosuke . What happen to him ? Well like you said it's up to the artist though .

21. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Algeria
    Post Thanks / Like

Rebecca and Kinemon might seem like good candidates, but their families & friends what they were fighting for , after they family are saved I can't believe they would do all that to leave with the Straw Hats .

Kanjuro also seems like a good fit for the SH crew but if you really look at it, If it comes to painting that is one of Usopp strong points . It isn't like how Usopp had to take care of the ship (Clearly not knowing what he was doing) till Franky was introduced at Water 7 . By that time the Going Merry was on it last leg . But it was Luffy who couldn't draw a proper pirate flag and needed Usopp an do you remember when the mermaids were being drawn up by the crew and Luffy drew a fish ? Lol Now if Kanjuro do join the crew (which I still doubt) he really can be a good addition . He's honorable and seems childless at the moment . What if Kan can't draw good but has a GREAT handwriting for some reason ? That could mean he could be Data Holder or a novelist . Also his bad drawing ability might make Luffy bust out laughing which the crew can have a comeback about him being bad too .

Also if you remember we're missing a Samurai, they were 4 if I remember including Memosuke . What happen to him ? Well like you said it's up to the artist though .
    Kinemon and momo are quests when their mission will complete they will leave as for rebecca
    1rst she is very weak 2nd very boring character in everything she does and she doesnt have an important dream that will let her go with the sh crew. She doesnt have a future potential needed for a straw hat member.

She is a princess plus joining the sh and became a pirate will automatic make her a criminal haunted by the marines for the rest of her life and i dont think i would like that sweet little girl to go on that way. Rebecca giving food to luffy means that luffy consider her a friend everyone who offers him food are friends and he always help his friends

Kanjuro is a good candicate because as someone allready said he is an artist with very useful df he will help a lot the straw hats if he will became one in the future and been a bad artist means he can improve his art in the future.

Other good candicates for straw hats are bellamy( Many still hate him and he is DD asslicker but he has the future potential as a character) / Cavendish i am thinking his crew is just his horse and him because he is way too in love with himself and his popularity for having a real crew. Few chapters ago i would tell you bart but his fan-orgasmic way of reacting became annoying to my eyes
    Last edited by Hydraw90; August 04, 2014 at 08:30 AM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hydraw90 View Post
    Kinemon and momo are quests when their mission will complete they will leave as for rebecca
    1rst she is very weak 2nd very boring character in everything she does and she doesnt have an important dream that will let her go with the sh crew. She doesnt have a future potential needed for a straw hat member.

She is a princess plus joining the sh and became a pirate will automatic make her a criminal haunted by the marines for the rest of her life and i dont think i would like that sweet little girl to go on that way. Rebecca giving food to luffy means that luffy consider her a friend everyone who offers him food are friends and he always help his friends

Kanjuro is a good candicate because as someone allready said he is an artist with very useful df he will help a lot the straw hats if he will became one in the future and been a bad artist means he can improve his art in the future.

Other good candicates for straw hats are bellamy( Many still hate him and he is DD asslicker but he has the future potential as a character) / Cavendish i am thinking his crew is just his horse and him because he is way too in love with himself and his popularity for having a real crew. Few chapters ago i would tell you bart but his fan-orgasmic way of reacting became annoying to my eyes
    That's opinion wise , I read the manga & watch the Anime and trust me from the Anime she looked badass . What I'm saying is that soon Luffy and the crew WILL go to the Wano country and since they don't like pirate nor marine On that island it could cause a uproar . Chances are Luffy make the impossible happen and befriend the Wano country . Also the chances of Kinemon, Momo & Kanjuro being "Banned" from the Wano country for receiving help from a pirate is still in . That could mean all 3 could possibly be in the Straw Hat crew; which they could be the Wano triplets or something .

Bellamy is still too "boring" in my eyes to be a Straw Hat . Even IF his character change and his bounty increased in the Manga & Anime he's still seem like the old Bellamy bring no new ability or fighting style to the table . That's opinion wise on my behalf . Cavendish is more of a rival then a crew member , his attention whoring Attitude towards Luffy isn't something a crew member should have cause if Luffy bounty grows problems could happen . Now him being like I hoped Bartolomeo would; under the Straw Hats in a alliance is possible . Why not join forces with a crew that stay in spot light all the time if that's what I want also ?

New Reply
Page 64 of 89 FirstFirst ... 14 54 62 63 64 65 66 74 ... LastLast