Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 761 by cnet128 , Bleach 597 (2)

View Poll Results: Who is gonna join?

Voters
188. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sabo

8 4.26%
  • Rebecca

19 10.11%
  • Violet

9 4.79%
  • Toy Soldier

2 1.06%
  • Wicca

9 4.79%
  • Leo

4 2.13%
  • Cavendish

3 1.60%
  • Koala

2 1.06%
  • Kinemon

12 6.38%
  • Momonosuke

5 2.66%
  • Kinemon + Momonosuke

11 5.85%
  • Bellamy

9 4.79%
  • Law

8 4.26%
  • Bartolomeo

35 18.62%
  • Caesar

3 1.60%
  • None

49 26.06%
New Reply
Page 59 of 81 FirstFirst ... 9 49 57 58 59 60 61 69 ... LastLast

Thread: The Search for Straw Hat's New Nakama... - 3rd edition

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Search for Straw Hat's New Nakama... - 3rd edition

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    But we have intelligent members who can include some form of combat as well.
    Robin is as smart as Luffy is dumb. :O

Nami is also quite witty and Franky is analytic enough.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Turkmenistan
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't see The Straw Hats picking anybody up as a crew mate in Dressorssa, they were public enemy #1 there and never had any allies or really met people wanting to help em out besides the old royal family. After the Straw Hats help restore The old Royal family and Dressossra under it's original rulers, there's no majorr connection between The Straw Hats and anybody here....

If anything I think Monosuke is kinda foreshadowing to become a Straw Hat Member after they travel to his Island and solver whatever problems are going on there.

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    Robin is as smart as Luffy is dumb. :O

Nami is also quite witty and Franky is analytic enough.
    Do not forget Sanji, for without him the crew may not have been able to escape Enies Lobby. Sanji is dangerous because he's smart/tactical and a great fighter with a dangerous level of durability.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hydraw90 View Post
    He isnt talking about rebecca he is talking about Violet.
    He fears Rebecca joining, hence why he's defending Violet.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Algeria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    Do not forget Sanji, for without him the crew may not have been able to escape Enies Lobby. Sanji is dangerous because he's smart/tactical and a great fighter with a dangerous level of durability.

He fears Rebecca joining, hence why he's defending Violet.
    Well i dont think violet will join 1rst she reminds me a lot of robin and i dont know if oda will bring 2 characters with such same feeling besides they need to think this Sanji is in love with her doesnt he? from what i heard oda don't like romance stuff so if i go by oda's way of thinking sanji and violet will never be the together because oda wont allow it.

About rebecca from the day she 1rst appeared in the manga a lot of the male audiance went fancrazy with her even when she didnt showed anything special plus from what iam hearing they made her a pop figure and a even a kid figure that normally only the most special characters so i dont know about rebecca i think overrall rebecca's speed and observation haki make her stronger than violet in terms of fighting but not useful in fact i dont know if i would like her as a pirate i mean there is no point for her becoming a pirate she has her aunt her grandfather and her dad if one of her family member dies there is still pointless for her becoming a pirate because her aunt and her grandfather will be there for her. I really would like rebecca to have a happy ending with her family and the kingdom i think she is cute and she deserves it have a happy ending becaming a pirate would be stupid.

Iam rooting for bellamy/ Ucy possible nakama too bad bellamy is nowhere to be seen plus last time we saw him he was still loyal to DD
    Last edited by Hydraw90; June 08, 2014 at 04:06 AM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Spenzi's Avatar
    Country
    Switzerland
    Post Thanks / Like

wild guess: Mancherie. The princess of the tontattas.
    Why?
    - She's captured by DD and the Tonattas want's to save her --> Strawhats will do it
    - Maybe even luffy, but accidently, and she's then the first dwarf he's ever seen --> he goes fanboy
    - According to Leo, she is selfish, mean, capricious, and short-tempered. --> The tontattas wants to rescue her, but I guess they wouldn't refuse her to go with the strawhats
    - Or after she's rescued, she could be that selfish, mean to the tontattas that they doesn't want her in their kingdom, and tell her to leave. And then she has no home --> Strawhats new home
    + She's a GIRL + She's a DWARF + She's a Princess + She got that selfish, mean quirk.
    + Anime has kinda foreshadowd it
    22.01.2014: Vivi is going to participate the Reverie this year with King Cobra. And she'll finally join Luffy's crew.

Possible new nakama IMO:
    Kin'emon / Momonosuke / Rebecca / Bellamy / Ceaser Clown / Mancherie / Leo / Wicca / Kanjuro / Bartolomeo

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner kittyseka's Avatar
    Country
    Water Tribe
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spenzi View Post
    wild guess: Mancherie. The princess of the tontattas.
    Why?
    - She's captured by DD and the Tonattas want's to save her --> Strawhats will do it
    - Maybe even luffy, but accidently, and she's then the first dwarf he's ever seen --> he goes fanboy
    - According to Leo, she is selfish, mean, capricious, and short-tempered. --> The tontattas wants to rescue her, but I guess they wouldn't refuse her to go with the strawhats
    - Or after she's rescued, she could be that selfish, mean to the tontattas that they doesn't want her in their kingdom, and tell her to leave. And then she has no home --> Strawhats new home
    + She's a GIRL + She's a DWARF + She's a Princess + She got that selfish, mean quirk.
    + Anime has kinda foreshadowd it
    I guess it's always been a possibility…

bold: Luffy already saw Wicca: http://www.mangapanda.com/one-piece/734/19

how has anime foreshadowed it? we've seen a shadow of her, like in manga… or was there sth more?

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

What does she also have? No development at all.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Speculating the tontata princess will join makes no sense. She has 0 manga appearances and there are no relevant implications of her strength yet. Adding to the political implications of her joining (she is a princess after all) even if she does have the normal strength of a tontata she would still be cannon fodder. Realistically speaking she could have strength superior to that of any single tontata we have seen and still not match even the weakest of the strawhats in a fight. I mean, the strawhats are at least able to handle officers in the doflamingo family, so far it seems like not even an army of tontata can do anything against any of them. I would be very surprised if the princess of the tontata alone actually had the strength to take out all the other tontata (which would seem to be a minimum just to almost quality for a spot).

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Power is not a criteria though, because the Straw Hats have their own way of fighting. Usopp and Nami are weak, but they can still win fights even against devil fruit users and fishmen (Arlong Park and Alabasta arc). If the princess has some way of contributing to the fight, like sneaking in someone's ear and destroying ear drum or brain, then she'd fit in. However, I don't see her joining because she's a princess (no princess has joined, so this rules out Rebecca) and hasn't had any development yet.

I think Franky and Robin are the only members that we've been introduced to later in the arc, while other members have been introduced early in the arc. Even then, it was around the middle of the arcs (and as enemies first). I still can't see Bellamy joining because he's a boring, overrated character and have no idea why people are behind him. Cavendish and Bart won't join because they have their own crew, so if anything they'll be allies. Rebecca is not joining because she's a shit character so far, along with being royalty. I also don't see Kyros joining because he's royalty, and because he and Rebecca do not have unique personality or anything that makes them stand out, they seem to be boring.

I also don't see any of the dwarves joining, because why? Plus, none of them seem to have the dream that makes them travel, so no point in joining the Straw Hats.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

i'm thinking the last one would be a member of the celestials dragons later on when the history of the void century will be revealed a righteous tenryuubito who doesn't approve his family doings will be the 10th member of the mugiwaras

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Winlyx-chan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I won't lie I would LOVE to see Law join the crew (still hoping for a last minute wtf moment that could make this a reality) but I realize as much as I want it the likely hood of this happening is slim (nothing is impossible and it wouldn't be the first time Oda put something out there that threw fans for a loop). However right now I can only see Bellamy or no one and I prefer and voted no one.
    Last edited by Winlyx-chan; June 19, 2014 at 08:01 PM.
    Eight Down Two To Go

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Far to late into the story and we already know that Vivi is from the one family that hasn't become a celestial dragon, because they were the good guys. Each and every other Tenryuubuto comes from a lineage of 'bad' people.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

i agree but remember it's a lineage that goes back to 900 years you just can't have all of them as bad egges sooner or later one if not many will look back and say damn my folks are doing some messed up shit and it will be the trigger to join the mugiwara as his way to at least do some good in his family namen vivi and rebecca i think they are allies that will be useful when the time will come for it
    Last edited by Arbalest; June 22, 2014 at 05:23 PM.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity chess4's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

kinemon will the next strawhat. if its not him then jinbe will be the last

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Winlyx-chan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The characters we should really be looking at are those who are in the next ark of this alliance saga. Honestly we are only at part 2 so it's stil to early yet to see a potential 9th crew member (crew of 10 plus captain making 11 straw hats total). Once the Dressrosa ark finishes depending who continues with them to Zo we might have a better grasp of a true canadite for the missing 2 spots. I personally see Kinemon being like Vivi all over again leaving once what ever problem is happening at Zo is settled the fact he has a son makes him even less likely. I'm not even going to list the reasons why his son is an obvious no.
    Eight Down Two To Go

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 59 of 81 FirstFirst ... 9 49 57 58 59 60 61 69 ... LastLast