Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 (2)

View Poll Results: Do you think Monet is still alive?

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

18 37.50%
  • No!

30 62.50%
New Reply
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: The mysterious snow woman Monet

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Spenzi's Avatar
    Country
    Switzerland
    Post Thanks / Like

The mysterious snow woman Monet

Hi guys, I have a question about Monet!

Back on Punk Hazard, when Chopper was in this building to find informations or a corrective to the drugs, Monet saw Chopper walking around in the labor, or at least heard something.
    Why didn't she say something to Ceaser Clown? Or why didn't she look after the noise she heard? Did she want that Chopper finds the corrective to save the children? Or is she really that dumb and didn't notice it?

Another question:

Chopper received a message on a tiny piece of paper when he was in the labor where it's written: Don't do anything! (or something like that)
    Who gave Chopper that letter? And why? Was it also Monet???

At first I thought Monet is kinda like Robin, back in Alabasta where she saved Luffy once. I thought maybe Monet is not evil and she only tricks CC & Doffy or they have something what she needs.

What do you guys think? Could she still be alive?

Love,

Spenzi
    22.01.2014: Vivi is going to participate the Reverie this year with King Cobra. And she'll finally join Luffy's crew.

Possible new nakama IMO:
    Kin'emon / Momonosuke / Rebecca / Bellamy / Ceaser Clown / Mancherie / Leo / Wicca / Kanjuro / Bartolomeo

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The mysterious snow woman Monet

The one who gave Chopper the letter was Law. He knew that he's not bound by Kairoseki cuffs, because he'd swapped them before with his ability, and planned to take CC by surprise, that's why Chopper wasn't supposed to do anything. That same ability allowed him to give Chopper the paper without anyone noticing (I think the SFX on that page are "appear", even).

We have no reason to think Monet's good. She fought Zoro and Tashigi, when she could've just revealed herself to them there; she also wanted to push the self-destruct button by Dofla's orders, which would kill her, Vergo, Strawhats and everyone else on PH except CC.

Finally, Monet should not be alive. Her heart was pierced and she got no treatment; that should be fatal even in OP.
    Erfworld

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

Country
    Switzerland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 0Xellos View Post
    The one who gave Chopper the letter was Law. He knew that he's not bound by Kairoseki cuffs, because he'd swapped them before with his ability, and planned to take CC by surprise, that's why Chopper wasn't supposed to do anything. That same ability allowed him to give Chopper the paper without anyone noticing (I think the SFX on that page are "appear", even).

We have no reason to think Monet's good. She fought Zoro and Tashigi, when she could've just revealed herself to them there; she also wanted to push the self-destruct button by Dofla's orders, which would kill her, Vergo, Strawhats and everyone else on PH except CC.

Finally, Monet should not be alive. Her heart was pierced and she got no treatment; that should be fatal even in OP.
    so why didn't she do anything she she noticed that somebody is around here? (Chopper)
    22.01.2014: Vivi is going to participate the Reverie this year with King Cobra. And she'll finally join Luffy's crew.

Possible new nakama IMO:
    Kin'emon / Momonosuke / Rebecca / Bellamy / Ceaser Clown / Mancherie / Leo / Wicca / Kanjuro / Bartolomeo

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Ace4's Avatar
    Country
    Switzerland
    Post Thanks / Like

I still doubt that she is dead because she is a Logia and even if her heart was seperated this shouldn't have been fatal. I expect her and Vergo to return because of the way that she is still mentioned by everybody she was not a nobody and Oda doesn't show characters for so long if they are unimportant.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ace4 View Post
    I still doubt that she is dead because she is a Logia and even if her heart was seperated this shouldn't have been fatal. I expect her and Vergo to return because of the way that she is still mentioned by everybody she was not a nobody and Oda doesn't show characters for so long if they are unimportant.
    Yes i was thinking the same since if you put out wb/ace death and ppl from flashback's ppl dieing in one piece is extremenly rare sight so i doubt she will be dead same goes for vergo is she Monet is alive he could help him gather his chopped body parts so i wont be surpriced if at the end of dressrosa part we see both of them again.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spenzi View Post
    so why didn't she do anything she she noticed that somebody is around here? (Chopper)
    That's the only argument I can't answer definitely. Still, all other arguments I've given far outweigh that single one, especially when it doesn't speak completely for her being good - she could've just not viewed Chopper as anyone important compared to bigshots like Luffy and Law.

---------- Post added at 12:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:34 PM ----------

If she could snowify her heart, why didn't she do it the moment Law's betrayal was found out? There was no need to keep her heart in Law's hands...
    Besides, she collapsed (so she's probably at least unconscious) and there was no sign of her heart snowifying when CC pierced it. Calling guesses won't do us any good...
    Oh yeah, and going elemental doesn't undo damage (if it did, Logias would be much more invincible, as they'd need to be OHK'd), so it might not help at all.
    Last edited by 0Xellos; December 19, 2013 at 06:40 AM.
    Erfworld

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it's still possible she put herself in cryostasis with her power.

You know, her and Vergo's end was really inconclusive so I can't say I'll be surprised if they both return alive.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

Country
    Switzerland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    I think it's still possible she put herself in cryostasis with her power.

You know, her and Vergo's end was really inconclusive so I can't say I'll be surprised if they both return alive.
    yeah I kinda have the same feeling. they seem to be too imporant to doffy that they're just dead. also for buffalo and baby 5! maybe they will ride back to dressrosa on Buffalo!

Possible new nakama IMO:

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spenzi View Post

At first I thought Monet is kinda like Robin, back in Alabasta where she saved Luffy once. I thought maybe Monet is not evil and she only tricks CC & Doffy or they have something what she needs.i
    Not evil? She's a freakin' cannibal. She ate that Marines shoulder. She ate it.

Anyways, next cover story is likely to deal with Punk Hazard, so I expect Monet and Vergo to return alive soon. Perhaps the Yeti Cool Bros. turn out to be skilled doctors from the country of Medicine, Drumm, and rescue Monet and Vergo...

Country
    Switzerland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by McNuss View Post

Anyways, next cover story is likely to deal with Punk Hazard, so I expect Monet and Vergo to return alive soon. Perhaps the Yeti Cool Bros. turn out to be skilled doctors from the country of Medicine, Drumm, and rescue Monet and Vergo...
    haha yeah it's kinda twisty cause she really acts evil and is doing everything for her captain! but yeah on the other side, why da hell didn't she do something against chopper

Possible new nakama IMO:

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

I really think that because she is a logia would be no reason to keep her alive. Law definitely has Haki and his sword definitely also has haki so it would be really tough to bring her back to life.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by McNuss View Post
    Correction, she bit it off. There's no panel showing her actually gulping down that piece of human shoulder. She probably just threw it away.

Luffy also bit Lucci when they fought, and tried to eat Crocodile's head, lol. Sanji bit Kuroobi's guills to save himself.

My point is, her biting that shoulder off in her logia form doesn't make her more evil than she already is.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Spam286's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

There was blood coming out of her heart when Caesar stabbed it though, right? That's not the kind of injury people survive, even in One Piece. Plus, Caesar thought he was stabbing Smoker, who is also a logia, but he was still confident Smoker would die. He himself is a logia, so you'd figure he'd be able to spot any logia tricks either of them might pull.

I quite liked her, but even by OP standards hers was a difficult 'death' to shrug off. The only way I can see is that Law did something off-screen or with his fruit. Even if that's the case though, where is her heart now? Law would have it, or the marines would.

Actually, her and Vergo travelling around to a bunch of different places looking for it might make a pretty cool cover arc. Like, it got picked up by a random marine from G5 or something, and ends up going all over the place.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member TheLuffySmile's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Heart pierced, dead.
    The three brothers

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah. If not even the good old Stake-to-the-heart treatment can be trusted, then what can? I know there are precedents in One Piece (Pell...), but I'd really like these two to remain as dead as they appear to be. They're not that important to the story anyway, and too many undying characters is bad.

New Reply
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast