Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!

View Poll Results: Do you think Monet is still alive?

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

18 37.50%
  • No!

30 62.50%
New Reply
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: The mysterious snow woman Monet

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The mysterious snow woman Monet

Say anything you like, it's not confirmed and it won't be until Oda writes a deffinitive word about it.

Don't blame me, blame Oda and Pell.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

Monet should by every right be dead. Her heart was pierced, that's undeniable. Such an injury should be fatal. And even if that weren't the case, she would've been unlikely to survive the explosions that rocked the facility.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member RezzieThaRapper's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, Monet is very much alive. Nobody in the world of One Piece who is part of a Shichibukai's crew is going to be killed by a stab wound after being a superbly enjoyable character... in my opinion..
    I have an opinionDon't hate me for it...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member vagabond87's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Impossibility View Post
    Monet should by every right be dead. Her heart was pierced, that's undeniable. Such an injury should be fatal. And even if that weren't the case, she would've been unlikely to survive the explosions that rocked the facility.
    What exactly explosions that rocked the facility? Provide me with link. Beside SAD room explosion there was no other explosion and Monet was shown to be in different part of facility.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Spam286's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vagabond87 View Post
    What exactly explosions that rocked the facility? Provide me with link. Beside SAD room explosion there was no other explosion and Monet was shown to be in different part of facility.
    You're right. The room she was in was in the midst of collapsing when she got stabbed (http://www.mangareader.net/one-piece/694/17), but the only explosion was the one that Vergo was in the middle of that triggered the collapse. There's nothing after that, so we don't know whether the room actually came down or not, but it's sort of irrelevant really. The main issue is how she was stabbed right through the heart. If she turns out to have survived that then a room collapsing on her is nothing.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Keeper of Jericho's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

If she is alive, it wouldn't exactly be surprise, but it sure as hell would kill my suspension of disbelief. She got stabbed in the heart. The heart. Unless you're name is Whitebeard, you don't survive that. Period. If she's alive, Oda better have a damn good excuse as to how she survived that.

Click the image and visit my place! Don't be shy!

Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vagabond87 View Post
    I was referencing the destruction of the SAD room during Monet's attempt to wipe out the island. The fallout from that explosion would've made the odds of survival pretty low for anyone in the facility shortly thereafter, although I should simply say lower than it was immediately before. Whether it was from the eventual collapse of the room that was already in shambles or Shinokuni that almost certainly would've breached the room.

Quote Originally Posted by Spam286 View Post
    You're right. The room she was in was in the midst of collapsing when she got stabbed (http://www.mangareader.net/one-piece/694/17), but the only explosion was the one that Vergo was in the middle of that triggered the collapse. There's nothing after that, so we don't know whether the room actually came down or not, but it's sort of irrelevant really. The main issue is how she was stabbed right through the heart. If she turns out to have survived that then a room collapsing on her is nothing.
    Having a ton of rocks fall on you could be pretty problematic, particularly when you're in such a fragile state. That and Shinokuni should've put her far beyond any chance of recovery. If there was a chance that the room was going to keep it together in the long term, the explosion probably helped put that to rest.
    Last edited by Impossibility; December 19, 2013 at 02:35 PM.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Impossibility View Post
    Having a ton of rocks fall on you could be pretty problematic, particularly when you're in such a fragile state. That and Shinokuni should've put her far beyond any chance of recovery.
    You'd have thought, but certain things are more acceptable than others. I mean, if it turns out both of them survived, people will almost certainly be more accepting of Vergo than Monet. Really they both have an equally low chance of survival: Vergo was in pieces then exploded then buried in rubble then probably shi no kuni'd. Monet was heart-stabbed then buried then probably shi no kuni'd. If they are both alive, it'll be the heart-stabbing, not the explosion or subsequent burial or even shi no kuni, that people call bull on because all the other things have been survived before in the manga.

Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

You'd have thought, but certain things are more acceptable than others. I mean, if it turns out both of them survived, people will almost certainly be more accepting of Vergo than Monet. Really they both have an equally low chance of survival: Vergo was in pieces then exploded then buried in rubble then probably shi no kuni'd. Monet was heart-stabbed then buried then probably shi no kuni'd. If they are both alive, it'll be the heart-stabbing, not the explosion or subsequent burial or even shi no kuni, that people call bull on because all the other things have been survived before in the manga.
    True enough, that fallout was only an afterthought of what else she had to face on her deathbed. I'm solidly of the opinion that that heart stab should've been more than enough to finish the already half-dead harpy. Vergo and Monet should both be equally dead at this point, which is to say completely and undeniably.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Vergo is much more likely to survive. The last time we saw him, he was physically pretty much unharmed, just cut to pieces. He has armament haki that could shield him from some silly explosions, and shi-no-kuni takes time to kill someone. If he was rescued and de-poisoned, he might as well survive. The last time we saw Monet, her heart was pierced.
    Erfworld

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member vagabond87's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Monet was stabbed through heart and most probably died(it might sound bad but I would like her to stay dead), Vergo on other hand might have had unrevealed devil fruit power- metal paramecia. All of Doflamingo pirates are revealed one after another to have crazy devil fruit powers. Out of those that were shown in action only Dellinger didnt shown any DF ability but we are probably in for his fight soon enough so who knows- so Vergo being revealed to have Metal paramecia should not be shocker and would partially explain how he was able to survive. His haki + ability should be enough to survive.
    Also Law was shown not to kill anyone as if he would be a killer he would kill Cesar instead of bothering with all that what he did since Punk Hazard, he also said "see ya pirate Vergo", not goodbye or anything like that.
    Doflamingo said his farewell to Vergo only after making decision about Monet blowing up whole facility, poisoning whole island with toxic gases. Not before.
    Here I wrote about why I thought that Vergo might had Metal Paramecia http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showth...ia-Devil-Fruit.

Monet was logia so if she lived she could have escaped even from thin spaces under rubble.. Pell survived literally getting nuked, Monet still can pull a comeback.. Its still Oda. But it would be not as good as making her stay dead.
    Last edited by vagabond87; December 19, 2013 at 03:43 PM.

Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Keeper of Jericho View Post
    If she is alive, it wouldn't exactly be surprise, but it sure as hell would kill my suspension of disbelief. She got stabbed in the heart. The heart. Unless you're name is Whitebeard, you don't survive that. Period. If she's alive, Oda better have a damn good excuse as to how she survived that.
    Maybe through one of Dofla pirates' ability. A crew as big as his could have a damn good doctor. If she froze herself, like I mentioned, it's still possible.

But yeah, would be a little too much. Oda could have handled it better. Like if she were caught by explosion, while still wounded from Tashigi, her return would be a lot more believable.

I'd give a lot more chance to Vergo, since he could probably coat himself with Haki even while in pieces. And of course, there's also a possibility he has/had a devil fruit.

Heh
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I reckon if either of them are to survive, then it's down to some currently unknown specifics of Law's DF. As far as I can tell, the last we saw of Monet's heart it was here: http://www.mangareader.net/one-piece/695/7. It's not brilliantly clear, but it looks to me that the cube is full of blood. So her problem is her heart has stopped and she's bled at least that much. If the edges of that cube allow more blood to spill out into her chest cavity then she's pretty much had it. (She coughs up blood, but I'm going to dismiss that as a manga convention - even if her heart is bleeding out into her chest that wouldn't make her cough blood. It'd have to get into her lungs or digestive tract somehow.)

If, however, the bleeding is confined to that little cube then there's a brief opportunity for someone to fix her heart before the rest of her body start's failing, since she won't lose that much blood. That sounds like a tall order, but we do know that Law uses his fruit when he's performing surgery, so it's possible he could do something with it. Basically it comes down to whether you think Law could have/would have done something to save her. Would he? Well he didn't kill Vergo. He had every opportunity, but he left him in pieces instead. It's entirely possible he had some lingering attachment to the both of them from his time spent with Doflamingo's crew. That might be enough for him to save Monet. He probably knew exactly what would happen when he made the switch with Smoker's heart, so he'd have been ready for it.

That's the only scenario I can think of for her survival that wouldn't totally ruin my suspension of disbelief.

As for Vergo, you're all right that it's easier. It comes down to whether he can use haki in that state. If that's the case, then we can probably assume that would be enough for him to survive the explosion and collapse. For both of them someone would need to rescue them before shi no kuni gets them, but if we assume all that then...

It's a long-shot, but given the pattern of cover arcs the next one will focus on a villain or villains from the PH arc. That basically means the Yeti Cool Brothers unless one or both of Monet and Vergo survived, and I'm struggling to imagine a YCB cover arc (though I'm sure Oda could do it, if he wanted).

Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

Even if Vergo somehow utilised haki to protect himself from the explosions, he would still have to contend with Shinokuni. As for Law leaving Vergo in such a manner, it's probably just because he could. It was degrading and a serious blow to Vergo and DD's arrogance, in the same manner Law decided to leave the heads of Baby 5 and Buffalo on display. Law left Vergo to face a much harsher death than he would have had to if he had finished him in the midst of battle.

Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Well there's another option which I did't see anyone else mentioning. Marines capturing Vergo and Monet.

Since they went to search for their petrified comrades, and since the island is under marine jurisdiction again, they are most likely to find those 2, and treat them if possible.

You see for a snow logia, if she could withstand the pain, all it would take to patch a hole in the heart is some snow on top of it, to stop the heart from bleeding out too much blood. That would at least be enough to survive until a surgery.
    Of course, I'm reaching a little, but it's not like Oda couldn't have thought of this, or something even better.

Heh
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

New Reply
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast