Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 (2)

View Poll Results: Do you think Monet is still alive?

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

18 37.50%
  • No!

30 62.50%
New Reply
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: The mysterious snow woman Monet

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Spam286's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The mysterious snow woman Monet

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    Well there's another option which I did't see anyone else mentioning. Marines capturing Vergo and Monet.

Since they went to search for their petrified comrades, and since the island is under marine jurisdiction again, they are most likely to find those 2, and treat them if possible.

You see for a snow logia, if she could withstand the pain, all it would take to patch a hole in the heart is some snow on top of it, to stop the heart from bleeding out too much blood. That would at least be enough to survive until a surgery.
    Of course, I'm reaching a little, but it's not like Oda couldn't have thought of this, or something even better.
    Welp, it was snowing outside when all this happened, and her heart was just lying there on the deck of the tanker. Of course she would have to be conscious to do it, and would have to somehow notice that it was an option available to her. And if she does indeed appear in the next cover arc it'd be pretty difficult to illustrate all this with one panel per chapter without it getting boring.

Also, I wonder what would happen if her heart fell in the sea? It'd probably undo whatever Law's fruit did, but would that just mean the box goes away and she suddenly doesn't have a heart at all, or would hear heart leap back into her chest somehow? Law's fruit is pretty out there, even for a paramecia, so there's still a lot we don't know about how it works.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Spenzi's Avatar
    Country
    Switzerland
    Post Thanks / Like

Well U guys forgot the other questions?
    22.01.2014: Vivi is going to participate the Reverie this year with King Cobra. And she'll finally join Luffy's crew.

Possible new nakama IMO:
    Kin'emon / Momonosuke / Rebecca / Bellamy / Ceaser Clown / Mancherie / Leo / Wicca / Kanjuro / Bartolomeo

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member S-H-I-G-U-R-E's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

As much as I'd love her to be alive, my answer is no.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Ever since Sabo came back, I've gained confidence in believing that Monet (at least- I'm not sure about Vergo) is still alive. Since she's a Logia, I found it strange how Caesar managed to pierce through her heart even though he isn't depicted as a Haki user.

Sabo has been declared as dead within the story even though he wasn't; it's not that far of a stretch to say that Monet is still alive since her status is unknown.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Asarii View Post
    Since she's a Logia, I found it strange how Caesar managed to pierce through her heart even though he isn't depicted as a Haki user.
    Well she had no way of knowing what's happening with her heart so it was completely unexpected. I guess her logia doesn't activate on it's own.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Asarii View Post
    Ever since Sabo came back, I've gained confidence in believing that Monet (at least- I'm not sure about Vergo) is still alive. Since she's a Logia, I found it strange how Caesar managed to pierce through her heart even though he isn't depicted as a Haki user.

Sabo has been declared as dead within the story even though he wasn't; it's not that far of a stretch to say that Monet is still alive since her status is unknown.
    Difference is that Oda left clear enough hints that Sabo isn't dead, while with Monet we've got nothing. Of course, I'm not saying she is dead.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member vagabond87's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Well she had no way of knowing what's happening with her heart so it was completely unexpected. I guess her logia doesn't activate on it's own.
    Also Cesar thought that he is stabbing Smokers heart- a logia user. We dont know if Cesar has haki or not but his intent was to kill logia by stabbing his/ her heart.

In case of Cesar being haki user/haki being needed to harm heart taken out of logia user with Laws ability - amount of damage would depend of how efficient Cesar is with CoA usage.

As it goes for activation of ability its unclear for me but my opinion on it would be that if logia user perfected Devil Fruit power then he is all the time made out of "element", just like most paramecia users. At least Kizaru shown that on Shabondy when some fodder pirates shoot him in the head.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Spam286's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vagabond87 View Post
    Also Cesar thought that he is stabbing Smokers heart- a logia user. We dont know if Cesar has haki or not but his intent was to kill logia by stabbing his/ her heart.

In case of Cesar being haki user/haki being needed to harm heart taken out of logia user with Laws ability - amount of damage would depend of how efficient Cesar is with CoA usage.

As it goes for activation of ability its unclear for me but my opinion on it would be that if logia user perfected Devil Fruit power then he is all the time made out of "element", just like most paramecia users. At least Kizaru shown that on Shabondy when some fodder pirates shoot him in the head.
    There's no evidence of Caesar being able to use haki, and I reckon if he could have he would have during the events of Punk Hazard. I think the activation thing was covered during Alabasta. Logia users can train themselves to shift by reflex, i.e. shifting as soon as they feel something hit them without actually having to do it consciously. I don't think there's a point where they're in their element all the time (Kizaru is almost certainly a observation haki user, which explains how he can shift to avoid bullets he can't actually see). Monet was still gammy with fear/injured by Tashigi when she got heart stabbed, so it seems that didn't apply to her. After that she fell unconscious, and we can probably assume all logias revert to their human form when that happens. Thus that stuff doesn't really apply to her situation.

I reckon if she's alive it'll be because someone else saves her; either Law or somebody else.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Beatrice's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Scuse me for having doubts she is dead after seeing what happened to Pell and Igaram.
    It sure seems obvious but after witnessing such "sure deaths" ending up as alive I really have issues with deaths in One Piece.xD
    "Sleep peacefully, my most beloved witch, Beatrice."

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

I doubt Vergo and Monet are dead, well we know the Marines could enter the facility thanks to Vegapunk suits along with Brownbeard, I wouldn't be surprised if Smoker is gonna capture them

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Ffs, last chapter color spread even has a snowman that looks like Monet:
    Spoiler show

I think it's just Oda's easter egg, but then again, maybe it's also a hint.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Spoiler show

I think it's better to say Christmas egg, at this time of the year

What I noticed there is how Brook and Sanji are putting boobs on the snowman
    Erfworld

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Beatrice's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Spoiler show

.....am I the only one noticing Sugar also wears a crown?
    "Sleep peacefully, my most beloved witch, Beatrice."

Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Beatrice View Post
    .....am I the only one noticing Sugar also wears a crown?
    But Sugar doesn't have boobs
    Erfworld

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spam286 View Post
    There was blood coming out of her heart when Caesar stabbed it though, right? That's not the kind of injury people survive, even in One Piece.
    What? Yes it it. In real life you have a 30% chance of surviving a stab to the heart. If you can get some sort of medical treatment within a few minutes things are looking up for you.

Considering this is One Piece and people have eaten nuclear bomb blasts and came out A-OK I'm fully expecting Monet to come back. Oda doesn't wantonly kill off characters in the present unless their deaths have a major impact on the story/inspire great change in the main character.

Quote Quote:
    Ffs, last chapter color spread even has a snowman that looks like Monet
    That's a Nami snowman.
    Last edited by Rurushoe; December 29, 2013 at 10:00 AM.

New Reply
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast