Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)
Thread Closed
Page 28 of 43 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece 733 Discussion/ 734 Prediction Next Chapter January 11th-15th

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity danzouismadara's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 733 Discussion/ 734 Prediction Next Chapter January 11th-15th

Quote Originally Posted by garabilagan View Post
    I think the winner of block d will be rebecca. I also think that sabo is the reason why all the contenders got knocked out.
    no, you might want to read the chapter again.

Can someone message me an anime that's similar to d grayman or claymore or deathnote?

Ive seen Deathnote, deadman wonderland, fairytale, shigurui, ao no exorcist, beelzebub, samurai champloo, code geass, devil may cry, Hakuouki, monster, blood plus, gantz. Basically, something with demons and gore.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Drakrami View Post
    ...right

Thats'why Oda took the last full chapter to build up suspense for the participants of Block D only do have them all defeated in a flash at the end. Because this new character is only "screen time"(whatever that means lol)

Accordingly, that's also why Oda made an important character like Sabo say things that was fast, like I've heard rumors about it.

It's quite obvious Meadows is a big shot. And the format of fighting for the next round of the tournament is going to be really interesting.
    Seems like I can keep asking the same question: How exactly does him not appear again make it "obvious"? Please elaborate. According to Oda all Riku family members are capable of extremely fast fighting, so there is that, which gives us a reason to believe it's Rebecca instead of some named fodder character.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    Seems like I can keep asking the same question: How exactly does him not appear again make it "obvious"? Please elaborate. According to Oda all Riku family members are capable of extremely fast fighting, so there is that, which gives us a reason to believe it's Rebecca instead of some named fodder character.
    Because Oda bothered to show even non named Gladiators during the fights, and even freaking animals, why not someone named ?
    You're not giving any solid argument either

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zehahaha View Post
    Because Oda bothered to show even non named Gladiators during the fights...
    Well, yeah he couldn't have named all 556 of them.

I gave a reasoning and had another in previous posts, he did none besides the usual: "a named character not shown again" argument.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    he did none besides the usual: "a named character not shown again" argument.
    How is that usual for Oda ?
    A tiny panel against Rebecca won't make a satisfying excuse in my case.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by k-dom View Post
    How is that usual for Oda ?
    A tiny panel against Rebecca won't make a satisfying excuse in my case.
    The usual argument within this discussion thread from those rooting for Maedows. Not sure how you could it understand otherwise, when it's followed by the word "argument". He was Drakrami in that sentence.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

The statement wasn't stupid. I could have lived without seeing Mummy, Dmask or Agyo again. Since they didn't matter, their one panel worth of time did matter just as much, namely not at all. Also the named ones in Luffys block had much more meaning than those in this one. I didn't write it will 100% Rebecca, check my posts if you like. I just formulated reasons for Rebecca and don't fall for the hype of Maedows yet. Yeah he could be the winner, but it wouldn't be to my liking.

Sorry for expressing my opinion. Now add something to the discussion or stop coming up with the same fucking argument posted like a hundred times already please. I don't think anyone needs to read it again.
    Last edited by Schabrak; January 07, 2014 at 07:22 AM.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Syphin View Post
    Meadows relevance/importance/significance through his lack of more then one panel focus sure have seemingly been blown out of proportion.

It is POSSIBLE Meadows may be some dark horse in the competition, but we all noticed the flow and feel of chapter 733 and the likely/natural outcome it was building itself up to with the time spent fleshing out both Soldier-san and Rebecca.

Now while I cannot disregard the lack of focus Meadows had as signalling his actual significance and the fact that the cliffhanger for chapter 733 was left intentionally full of mystery and obscurity, I am personally perplexed at how such a seemingly unimportant character has attracted so many supporters.
    Meadows has attracted so many supporters because having a surprise character first introduced as the winner of D-Block would be typical of One Piece. Oda likes introducing new characters in dramatic fashion, sometimes with a cliffhanger, sometimes not. Vergo is a good recent example. Law was incapacitated by a mystery character, deep within Punk Hazard. His attacker ended up being Vergo, a character who had never before been seen, or mentioned. While not a cliffhanger, Bartolomea was also introduced in dramatic fashion. He had been mentioned earlier, but in his first actual appearance he was shown easily defeating a Vice-Admiral. Having a surprise winner for D-Block would be fairly typical of Oda's writing style. Meadows has all of the makings of a "surprise" mystery character. His face was obscured, he was named, but still has not been shown, while a mysterious character has just won D-Block. Other characters (Luffy, Burgess, and Maynard the Pursuer) entered the tournament in disguise, using aliases. It is possible that Meadows also is an alias, and that the animal skin was his disguise. Usually Oda has a new character emerge, under these circumstances, not established ones.

All of the build up might have been about Thunder Soldier, not Rebecca. Would it surprise anyone if he sacrifices himself in order to help defeat Doflamingo? He might not die, but this page does seem to hint that something could happen. He might not always be there for her, doesn't know when he will reach his limit, may break before a child becomes an adult, and is willing to give his life for that cause.

11. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    MangaHelper 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Syphin's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the reply Kaiten, that helped clear some of the confusion surrounding why so many theories concerning Meadows have been pushed forward.

Still in Vergo, Bartolomeo and even Isshou's case, their appearance was relatively closely followed by an introduction. They were seen to have been doing something beyond just one panel. Oda-sensei purposefully made an effort to take time to focus on the circumstances surrounding those characters introduction and directly related it to serving the purpose of illustrating their power/ability/capability. Meadows on the other hand, didn't have such a "fleshed-out" introduction =/. While I agree that Meadows has the makings of a "surprise" mystery character, I am left confounded and mostly unconvinced at the circumstances surrounding Meadows "introduction". If Oda-sensei really wanted Meadows to play a major part in the arc, he would have taken time to build up a situation to fittingly introduce such a character, just like what he did for Isshou, Burgess, Maynard, Bartolomeo, Chinjao, and probably some others I may have missed. Instead we had Meadows appearing for just one panel and nothing, for 27 chapters, we have had nothing additional from Meadows. Because of that I am beginning to question Meadows actual "role" this arc.

Anyway it may just be my intrigue and interest in Rebecca's character and how the circumstances surrounding her remind me so much of Ace, but I still see the build-up in chapter 733 to be directly related to her. Another possible interpretation of Soldier-san's statement - "this body was not made to fight. After all, a toy...is something that may break before a child becomes an adult" - could very well be signalling Rebecca's maturity from child to adult. If we believe that Soldier-san will sacrifice himself later or be grossly injured at some point (beyond his lost leg) trying to take out Doflamingo, it makes it all the more relevant for Rebecca to be directly related to the chapter's intentions. Rebecca was shown through the chapter (and throughout her time in the Colosseum this arc) with the intention of trying to be an adult - trying to protect instead of be protected - albeit in a childish manner. Soldier-san is aware of the limitations his current body possesses, which is why he is seemingly effectively trusting the future of Dressrosa to Rebecca and the "strength" she has attained over the years he trained her.

The significance that has seemingly been attached to Rebecca through the chapter and Soldier-san's coverage leads me to believe that Rebecca has a much grander role to play this arc than just lying unconscious on the arena floor of the Block D battle. She may not win the Block D battle, but from how I interpreted the feel and flow of the chapter and how she needs to convey her ability to "protect" (to be an adult), she will get back up from her current state.
    Last edited by Syphin; January 06, 2014 at 09:32 PM.

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Syphin View Post
    Thanks for the reply Kaiten, that helped clear some of the confusion surrounding why so many theories concerning Meadows have been pushed forward.

Still in Vergo, Bartolomeo and even Isshou's case, their appearance was relatively closely followed by an introduction. They were seen to have been doing something beyond just one panel. Oda-sensei purposefully made an effort to take time to focus on the circumstances surrounding those characters introduction and directly related it to serving the purpose of illustrating their power/ability/capability. Meadows on the other hand, didn't have such a "fleshed-out" introduction =/. While I agree that Meadows has the makings of a "surprise" mystery character, I am left confounded and mostly unconvinced at the circumstances surrounding Meadows "introduction". If Oda-sensei really wanted Meadows to play a major part in the arc, he would have taken time to build up a situation to fittingly introduce such a character, just like what he did for Isshou, Burgess, Maynard, Bartolomeo, Chinjao, and probably some others I may have missed. Instead we had Meadows appearing for just one panel and nothing, for 27 chapters, we have had nothing additional from Meadows. Because of that I am beginning to question Meadows actual "role" this arc.
    Vergo did not appear in even one panel before his introduction. His first appearance was also a cliffhanger, the shadowy figure who assaulted Law. His face was shown for the first time a week later, in chapter 672. He was a completely unknown character when he first appeared. The circumstances were very similar to chapter 733. In chapter 733 the D-Block combatants all were mysteriously knocked out at the same time. In 671 Law mysteriously collapsed. After Law collapsed, his mystery assailant emerged. The chapter ended before the mysterious man could be identified. After the D-Block contestants were knocked out, the announced noticed that one of them was standing up. The chapter ended before the mysterious contestant could be identified.

Quote Quote:
    Anyway it may just be my intrigue and interest in Rebecca's character and how the circumstances surrounding her remind me so much of Ace, but I still see the build-up in chapter 733 to be directly related to her. Another possible interpretation of Soldier-san's statement - "this body was not made to fight. After all, a toy...is something that may break before a child becomes an adult" - could very well be signalling Rebecca's maturity from child to adult. If we believe that Soldier-san will sacrifice himself later or be grossly injured at some point (beyond his lost leg) trying to take out Doflamingo, it makes it all the more relevant for Rebecca to be directly related to the chapter's intentions. Rebecca was shown through the chapter (and throughout her time in the Colosseum this arc) with the intention of trying to be an adult - trying to protect instead of be protected - albeit in a childish manner. Soldier-san is aware of the limitations his current body possesses, which is why he is seemingly effectively trusting the future of Dressrosa to Rebecca and the "strength" she has attained over the years he trained her.
    Rebecca can take a direct role even if she does not win D-Block. She'll be sent down to the factory, closer to the action.

Quote Quote:
    The significance that has seemingly been attached to Rebecca through the chapter and Soldier-san's coverage leads me to believe that Rebecca has a much grander role to play this arc than just lying unconscious on the arena floor of the Block D battle. She may not win the Block D battle, but from how I interpreted the feel and flow of the chapter and how she needs to convey her ability to "protect" (to be an adult), she will get back up from her current state.
    As the grand daughter of the former King, she was going to have a key role, no matter what. Even if she does not win D-Block, she still will have a part to play. My issue with her winning is that she was knocked unconscious. She must not have been the one who knocked everyone else unconscious. I can't imagine that she simultaneously defeated all of her rivals, and knocked herself out in the process. I also doubt that there was some sort of cross counter, where all of the D-Block contestants landed hits at the same time, knocking each other out. Either someone off stage sabotaged D-Block, knocking everyone out. Or, one of the D-Block combatants, whomever the announcer saw standing up, knocked everyone else out. The latter sounds much more likely, and more typical of One Piece. Meadows was not shown among the unconscious combatants.

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Beatrice's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    Meadows was not shown among the unconscious combatants.
    Silly Argument, you know who also wasn't shown?
    Logan and Acilia.
    "Sleep peacefully, my most beloved witch, Beatrice."

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Beatrice View Post
    Silly Argument, you know who also wasn't shown?
    Logan and Acilia.
    Alicia doesn't count because she wouldn't knock out Rebeca. The reason behind the interest on Meadows is the combination that he is the only one not shown in the final page that has a mask hiding his face. Logan is boring.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Pandamic's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by garabilagan View Post
    I think the winner of block d will be rebecca. I also think that sabo is the reason why all the contenders got knocked out.
    I think this is what is going to happen too.

Soldier san said " this useless father of yours couldn't teach you anything but strength" and if it turns it that *Soldier San is Kyros the undefeated gladiator there is a good chance that her will/strength is good enough to recover from a king's Haki attack of that magnitude.

* in chapter 704 it is stated that Kyros sustained a single wound , I'm gonna say that wound is a missing leg from DD, same injury as soldier San's.

I should also add: yes it's shown that Rebecca is knocked out,but it also says "EVERYBODY..." is knocked out. And the final sentence says"No wait someone is attempting to get up." Meaning anyone of them has the potential to stand up and win it, but I'm sure it's gonna be Rebecca.
    Last edited by Pandamic; January 07, 2014 at 01:36 AM.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic62955_1.gif

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member enmymiguel's Avatar
    Country
    Dominican Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

Think guys...we look a sabo situacion..since hes new and more powerful then luffy..he will win easy...but what happen if the winner of Block D is a real powerful guy..
    Then we see sabo situacion equal to luffy.

Why did i say. Sabo is stronger then luffy. I mean if we think about it. When they were little. He was equal to ace. And he got to the sea first. And if dragon took him under hes wing. Then he should be really strong. He should be strong to go head to head with a admiral.
    Cause before the timeskip. Ace put a good fight against the admiral
    I must create a real village, until i demonstrate what a real kage is. I cant Die!

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Spenzi's Avatar
    Country
    Switzerland
    Post Thanks / Like

Rebecca is said to be the undefeated gladiator. I can't believe that she got knocked up from some lame contestants.
    I guess it was something else that knocked them all down, someone sabotating the whole block D. Or yeah Damask using poison.
    And I bet the one standing up is Rebecca because of the flashback where she's learning to Stand up and to never give up.
    OR the other option is she loses block D but she still achieves her goal in protecting soldier-san/getting the mera mera/defeating doflamingo, because she lost block D and she needs to "stand up" and believe in her that even though she lost block d she still can protect soldier-san.
    22.01.2014: Vivi is going to participate the Reverie this year with King Cobra. And she'll finally join Luffy's crew.

Possible new nakama:
    - Kin'emon
    - Momonosuke
    - Rebecca
    - Bellamy
    - Ceaser Clown
    - Mancherie
    - Kanjuro

20. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
Thread Closed
Page 28 of 43 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 ... LastLast