Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 16 to 26 of 26

Thread: Kukaku's arm

  1. #16
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Xerneas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Hoenn Region
    Country
    Japan
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,414
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Kukaku's arm

    Honestly I think her arm is hidden somewhere. I think its an Ouken and they have it stored away.

  2. #17
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member devstauk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Deadman Wonderland
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    741
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Kukaku's arm

    Quote Originally Posted by ca12nag3 View Post
    You really are just nitpicking. Could you do that with something else? Its a theory and it hasn't been dis-proven i mean you simply read it like this.

    Its Literally in our bones = sugar in tea where the sugar dissolved in it.

    What if you read it like

    Its Literally in our bones = vegetables in your soup where you can take out the vegetables, or scoop up the soup with a vegetable in it. Thus remove the arm in which bones the Ouken is located. Do you really have to fixate on the fact that you only read it like the above?

    And what i feared became true and that is that it turned into a argument over the interpretation of the words themselves, that are in turn a translation of the original. Where i am more fixed on the visual representation of the chapters 518/519. Where he holds out his right arm and it glows up/veins being shown as the Ouken resonating from inside.

    If i was not clear enough then tell me but my interpretation is not wrong, neither is yours but that also means your argument of the text itself cannot debunk the theory since both can be true.

    There are many instances where you need to context exactly to determine which interpretation is true. And i could go on endlessly about it but that would derail too far from this theory and that is that i believe its possible that inside the bones of their right arm they have the ouken. And simply by text alone its not dis-proven. The only thing you can do is interpret it in a way that it disproves. Or am i talking to complicated?
    In no way am i trying to debunk your entire theory, im just stating that the manga has said that it isn't just the arm as your suggesting.

    I even stated another view of what may or may not have happened:
    Spoiler show


    The statement in the spoiler adds to your theory, it doesn't try to debunk it or even put your entire theory out, its adding to it. I just wanted you to understand that the manga never said just the arm was the key. So instead of becoming overly defense about the arm thing being wrong, we can move on and have a conversation about the main point of the theory.
    Spoiler show

  3. #18
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ca12nag3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Bergen op Zoom, The Netherlands
    Country
    Netherlands
    Age
    32
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,173
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Kukaku's arm

    Quote Originally Posted by devstauk View Post
    In no way am i trying to debunk your entire theory, im just stating that the manga has said that it isn't just the arm as your suggesting.

    I even stated another view of what may or may not have happened:


    The statement in the spoiler adds to your theory, it doesn't try to debunk it or even put your entire theory out, its adding to it. I just wanted you to understand that the manga never said just the arm was the key. So instead of becoming overly defense about the arm thing being wrong, we can move on and have a conversation about the main point of the theory.
    Where does it state that it is not just in the arm? You read, in the bone/bones. Right? Thats what it says. So it could be located within the bones of their arm. Simple as that. Just like a pin is placed in your bones when its broken. How flat out can you just ignore what i say and pretend its not so. Yet it can be so.

  4. #19
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member devstauk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Deadman Wonderland
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    741
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Kukaku's arm

    Move on you want a discussion about Kukaku being an Ex RG, stop arguing with me that what your saying is wrong or right.

    you provide a theory that because the arm is shown it means it could be just the bones within the arms. Fine i get it your right i'm wrong . This argument is pointless.
    Last edited by devstauk; December 24, 2013 at 01:06 PM.
    Spoiler show

  5. #20
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ca12nag3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Bergen op Zoom, The Netherlands
    Country
    Netherlands
    Age
    32
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,173
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Kukaku's arm

    Quote Originally Posted by devstauk View Post
    Move on you want a discussion about Kukaku being an Ex RG, stop arguing with me that what your saying is wrong or right.

    you provide a theory that because the arm is shown it means it could be just the bones within the arms. Fine i get it your right i'm wrong . This argument is pointless.
    It is not about who is wrong or right. The possibility remains for it to be inside the bones of their arm. Thus that if the arm is taken the Ouken is taken. That's all i meant. But its a interpretation of what is read. What you claim is that your interpretation is the truth. While both versions could be the right one.

    I do take a risk with building 2 theories in 1 but i feel its a affordable with enough circumstantial evidence. I didn't elaborate too much on it but there is enough to build that Kukaku used to be a shinigami and one that puts her on a higher then average level.

    -Kukaku has a katana (that can be her zanpakuto)
    -She possesses abilities for Kido that can only mean shes trained in it and thats only for shinigami.
    -The royal guard are familiar with her and her canon, oddly they even know it can send them back up. That means they had previous contact.
    -She is a noble (previous 5 houses) so her natural talent is supposed to be superior to that of your average soul.

    With the ouken located in the bodies of the royal guards, and in their bones, he holds out his arm. Now you could explain it differently, as in that its all their bones but if seen differently and its located in their bones (in a specific place) then the right arm could be it and if hers is taken she could no longer freely get into the royal realm.

  6. #21
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member devstauk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Deadman Wonderland
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    741
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Kukaku's arm

    but what you did was completely ignore a post i did earlier
    Quote Quote:
    Don't take me saying that their bones are the key not just the arm is in anyway trying to knock your theory because its not, i like it and in a way it makes sense, i mean her giving up her arm could essentially have the implications that if an RG lost a limb then ultimately they lose the ability to have the Ouken because they are not whole.... I mean from what Urahara stated to Aizen was that Reitsu is based in the wrists, so losing an arm or hand could in fact make for said person to be impaired in some way, we also know that Ywach thought Yamamotto was weaker due to him not having his arm repaired.
    If you read this properly you would of seen i tired to kill the argument about it being just the arm or not by explaining what i think would add to your theory. You then carry on with who is right or wrong in a numerous post and expect me to actually sit back and be like okay yeah its just the arm.

    The statement in bold makes a point of explaining in more detail as to why both theories are justified. My point being and one that i'm sticking to due to the Mangaka stating that its the very bones of the RG and not just the arm if the wrists are the source of Reistu in all living things then it stand to more reason for why he showed just his arm. This could also foreshadow that if an arm is lost in battle then the RG would lose the ability to move between RR and SS.
    Spoiler show

  7. #22
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ca12nag3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Bergen op Zoom, The Netherlands
    Country
    Netherlands
    Age
    32
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,173
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Kukaku's arm

    Quote Originally Posted by devstauk View Post
    but what you did was completely ignore a post i did earlier


    If you read this properly you would of seen i tired to kill the argument about it being just the arm or not by explaining what i think would add to your theory. You then carry on with who is right or wrong in a numerous post and expect me to actually sit back and be like okay yeah its just the arm.

    The statement in bold makes a point of explaining in more detail as to why both theories are justified. My point being and one that i'm sticking to due to the Mangaka stating that its the very bones of the RG and not just the arm if the wrists are the source of Reistu in all living things then it stand to more reason for why he showed just his arm. This could also foreshadow that if an arm is lost in battle then the RG would lose the ability to move between RR and SS.
    What does that have to do with the Ouken? Its just another explanation as to why Kukakus powers are weaker then they were if she still had both arms. But your point is invalid when it comes to the Ouken since nowhere in that statement does it mention the Ouken and its placement. If its the entire bonestructure or if its in the arms bones. I merely point out that since he holds up his arm and states its in the bones that it could be a single spot in the bones where the ouken resides. Your just derailing the issue.

    -Ouken
    -Arm
    -bones

    Those are the criteria to explain if it is possible that the Ouken ever resided inside Kukakus right arm. Yet you go on about loss of ability and ye shes weaker what does that have to do with the Ouken?

  8. #23
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member devstauk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Deadman Wonderland
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    741
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Kukaku's arm

    It has everything to do with the Ouken the Ouken is Reitsu from the king it is infused with the bones of the RG for them to gain access to thr RR, Reitsu's source is in the Wrists of living thing. Whats so fricking hard to understand. Gawd there is no helping some people to many people here are so argumentative its unbelievable. Your Theory was flawed because the manga hasn't said anything about it being in just the arm of RG it says BONES. I dunno why you have to make a big deal out of what i'm saying im not disputing your actual theory.

    Now instead of being an Argumentative buffoon look at what i was saying as a added insight to your theory not a criticism or debunk
    Spoiler show

  9. #24
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Zaphkiel
    Country
    Netherlands
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    11,354
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Kukaku's arm

    I see no point in further focusing on bone/bones literal expression. This is discussed for most part in the thread, anyway.

    What may be more bugging is the cannon. Is it really a safe option to entrust the method of getting to Soul Palace to a former member? Not that I find it any safer as it is. I really do think it's a bit inconvenient to rely on SS for securing that route's safety. When I consider that, too, it wouldn't be far-fetched to think that she could be a former member.

    And all members so far seemed to possess some sort of special ability to warrant their promotion. I doubt explosives would be enough for Kuukaku to be promoted from what she has shown. That said, if Kubo wants to take that route, he can, and connect that to the Shiba clan's yet to be seen background.

  10. #25
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ca12nag3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Bergen op Zoom, The Netherlands
    Country
    Netherlands
    Age
    32
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,173
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Kukaku's arm

    Quote Originally Posted by devstauk View Post
    It has everything to do with the Ouken the Ouken is Reitsu from the king it is infused with the bones of the RG for them to gain access to thr RR, Reitsu's source is in the Wrists of living thing. Whats so fricking hard to understand. Gawd there is no helping some people to many people here are so argumentative its unbelievable. Your Theory was flawed because the manga hasn't said anything about it being in just the arm of RG it says BONES. I dunno why you have to make a big deal out of what i'm saying im not disputing your actual theory.

    Now instead of being an Argumentative buffoon look at what i was saying as a added insight to your theory not a criticism or debunk
    Its not like someone with 1 hand cannot preform Kido spells. Kukaku herself does some of them 1 handed . What you want is that it is a coating or infusion of the entire bone-structure, and that has not been proven true or false. So until we get somewhere further into the manga ill keep with it as its possible that its just something thats put in their bone/bones in a fixed location. (something like screws in a bone that has been broken) It does not have to be throughout the entire bone-structure. End of that and done debating this particular point.

  11. #26
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member devstauk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Deadman Wonderland
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    741
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Kukaku's arm

    @ca12nag3 Touché

    The clothing and everything Kukaku wears is partly the same tailoring. The only thing with recent developments and the conclusion that Kukaku is able to get to RR, why didn't any of the barriers deplete during all of their visit and departure.
    Spoiler show

New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts