Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply

Thread: Revolutionaries (Bad Eggs) World Government (Good eggs)

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ish3's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Revolutionaries (Bad Eggs) World Government (Good eggs)

I've been thinking that within every faction there seems to be different rules and objectives within One Piece but the majority follow these rules. I've been seeing a lot of this won't happen and that won't. Anything is possible in a plot as long as the story hasn't ended within reason.

The marines are mostly good we have a few psychos that go a bit far. Same with pirates mostly bad but few good. But when it comes to the government and the revolutionaries we've seen so little of them. If I were to guess we mostly have power hungry people within it. Yet we've yet to see any "good eggs". I'm thinking oda plans to use this if not by the end sometime soon. It could be a future ally who knows. But at some point if not near the end of the manga I believe Luffy and his crew will come in contact with a group from the revolutionaries that isn't necessarily good. Or more so good intentions but lost in cause.

Frankly I refuse to believe every marine is good just like every pirate is bad vice versa. Especially with this flip switch about fishmen being so powerful in the beginning yet as a race humans have been wanting to wipe them out for generations. I think such interactions will be interesting between the crew. I'd prefer to meet someone decent in the wg before a baddie in the revolutionaries though. what do you guys think?
    Mr. Wonderland
    Psn: verbalinter39

myanimelist.net/Ishmael

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member FetherMan's Avatar
    Country
    South Africa
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Revolutionaries (Bad Eggs) World Government (Good eggs)

Well you have to ask yourself "why" there is even a Revolutionary Army in existence in the first place. Also, why the World Government is so quick to oppose such an organization.

The Revolutionary Army is beyond mere piracy, they truly wish to be "free" and not be limited by "freedom" in which is just controlled by the World Government (much like today's society). Oda wouldn't make it as simple as black and white, the WG is bad and the Revolutionaries are good or vice versa. This part of the manga will most likely be left towards the end.

But as i said before, "why" would such a group like this even exist if the world was supposedly balanced by Pirates and Marines. Doflamingo has already showcased that piracy can be associated with the World Government, but at the same time, be crooked and beneficial to the Underworld of terrorists and criminals. Maybe this is why, the Dressrosa Arc is going to be such a epic story arc, because there's about to be a bigger picture revealed to the world of One Piece.

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Given what the Revolutionary Army's goal and motivation are, they seem to be good eggs. They want to liberate people and work to take down bad government. We even see some members of Revolutionary Army free Robin and the slaves from working on the bridge. Given what we have seen, I doubt there's any bad egg in the Revolutionary Army.

The World Government however seems to be bad egg or have a lot of bad eggs. Not only do they like Tenryuubito do as they like, but the World Government wants to cling onto power so much. They also put a bounty on Nico Robin or at least allowed it to avoid any chance of the Blank Century being revealed, which implies that the Government has done something bad.

At least with pirates, there are some good eggs among the group of bad eggs, and vice versa with the Marines. I don't know if anyone agrees, but I don't consider Akainu a bad egg at all, more like a strict upholder of justice.

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member eefrit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I personally don't think the WG is explicitly evil. While they've made some incredibly morally reprehensible decisions, for the most part they're role in the world (as it is now) is good. They are really the only defense against those pirates who pillage and plunder. I don't know if the WG did anything bad during the Blank Century, but it seems like they just fear the consequences of the information and not that it'll make them look bad. Overly paranoid.

On the flip side, their might be a couple of Revolutionaries, who have a form of "Absolute Revolution" in which they will want to achieve this revolution through any means necessary, just like some marines.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I just feel if everyone just fits the overall status quo it makes the world so easily black and white cliche even. It's possible the world government is all evil but vegapunk is apart of that section so he might be the only one. It's unrealistic to me though that in the midst of a revolution someone doesn't lose themselves it always happens. It's not that clear cut as some think I feel.
    Mr. Wonderland

myanimelist.net/Ishmael

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by eefrit View Post
    I personally don't think the WG is explicitly evil. While they've made some incredibly morally reprehensible decisions, for the most part they're role in the world (as it is now) is good. They are really the only defense against those pirates who pillage and plunder. I don't know if the WG did anything bad during the Blank Century, but it seems like they just fear the consequences of the information and not that it'll make them look bad. Overly paranoid.

On the flip side, their might be a couple of Revolutionaries, who have a form of "Absolute Revolution" in which they will want to achieve this revolution through any means necessary, just like some marines.
    They are immoral, if not evil. The Marines are the only defense against bad pirates, the World Government just uses its power to scare the pirates, but they don't defend anything. The Marines handle that.

Given how hard they try to cover the Blank Century, and the paranoia and what we've heard and what was implied, I'm pretty sure the Government and/or the humans have done horrible stuff. Along with information like Poseidon and Uranium, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by ish3 View Post
    I just feel if everyone just fits the overall status quo it makes the world so easily black and white cliche even. It's possible the world government is all evil but vegapunk is apart of that section so he might be the only one. It's unrealistic to me though that in the midst of a revolution someone doesn't lose themselves it always happens. It's not that clear cut as some think I feel.
    Vegapunk seems to be a good guy though. He was willing to let Kuma defend the Straw Hats' ship even though they're enemies, and he tried to stop Caesar.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I could have sworn the WG created the Marines, but it appears I am wrong about that. Still though, the Marines are affiliated with the WG, who make most of the decisions regarding them so I stand by what I said.

Well, if the knowledge about Poseidon, Pluton, and Uranus escaped into the world, I don't think it would be nice. Especially with Pirates like the Yonkou and Donquixote on the loose who have great underground resources. I'm not saying they didn't do anything bad, I just don't think they are afraid of looking bad. I think it's more than that. I feel that they actually believe what they do is for the greater good of the world, no matter the cost.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by eefrit View Post
    I could have sworn the WG created the Marines, but it appears I am wrong about that.
    Wut?

Anyway, WG and it's sub-organizatons can't really be considered bad. Or good. They try to bring peace and prosperity to the world but sometimes they go too far. Like, for example, forcibly making countries join them, and if they don't, conquer them and send their people to slave off the rest of their lives working on that bridge at Tequila Wolf (WTF IS IT?) or to be slaves to Tenryuubito. If anyone endangers the foundations of WG they are gone from history. And those Tenryuubito... But we know that there are good people working for marines and I guess there could be good guys among Tenryuubito (hard to imagine) or Gorosei. Gorosei have incredibly hard decisions to make, so it's possible they are not really evil, just making compromises. You could see traces of regret when they commanded the destruction of Ohara.

On the other hand, I think WG was partly responsible for creation of Pirate Age. When you limit freedoms and start imposing rules, more and more people are going to rebel. Seeing what Roger accomplished and how he shat on WG and marines on his own execution just stirred those feelings. Roger menioning the treasure was a catalyst.

Then there's Shicibukai. WG created them in order to discourage pirate wannabes and clean up Paradise to stop the flow of more pirates into New World, but in reality, it probably resulted in greater number of pirates after a while, when they realized they could become Shichibukai themselves.
    But nevermind that.

As for Revolutionaries, we know too little. There are probably some extremists among them, but we have yet to see a dark side of the movement. Oh I'm sure nobles end up dead when their people rebel against them. It's different than conquest because people turn against their rulers themselves and Revolutionary movement grows by each country freed, insted of losing soldiers, like in military conquest. It's hard to see the corruption when the main goal is independence and freedom. That comes later, when things stabilize.

I wonder if those founders of WG were much different than present Revolutionaries.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    Wut?
    Come on, you can't just leave it at that, help me out. Am I wrong? or extra wrong?

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Wasn't sure if you were joking or something.

As far as I know, there isn't an actual mention of who it is that formed marines, but I think that we can safely assume it was WG. Marines are a military organization formed from recruits of WG's territories, tasked with defending them and expanding WG to more territories. They even have absolute rules regarding possible attacks against Tenryuubito.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Honestly, I think the WG are the ones with the most bad eggs. I think its crystal clear when you look at the concept of "Buster Calls" and "Admiral Calls".

Just ONE phonecall from a WG agent of a high rank can result in the demolition of an island and the wipe-out of an entire population.
    I think we can see who the bad eggs are.

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

after reading one piece this long if u still can't say that WG is good or bad then u should drop it and 1 more thing in end SH + others (good guys) will fight WG (bad guys)

WG is corrupt system

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Tonix's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It seems like your title is jumbled up because the RA are clearly the good eggs and the WG are the rotten ones. If you read the manga, the RA has only been shown to save people so far, while almost every time we see a member of the WG they are doing something that results in people (not always pirates) dying. Most of the WG's time seems to be spent on covering things up and trying to keep people thinking that they are the 'good guys' instead of tyrants.

That being said, I'm sure there will be a couple of bad eggs in the RA who have either given up hope, or been bought off by the WG, just like there sure to be a few people in the WG who are good eggs besides just Vegapunk
    Quote Originally Posted by xXan View Post
    PS. To bad you are not 4 years older and living in my country as i would love to exchange ideas over a drink :P
    Tell the emperor that my hall has fallen to the ground. Phoibos no longer has his house, nor his mantic bay, nor his prophetic spring; the water has dried up.- Pythia of Delphi

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Not at all the title is fine as is. The purpose is more so do you expect to see anything good within the world government as well as the revolutionaries. I feel in a story such as this where is has been portrayed several times the world is never as black and white as people paint it I'm intrigued on how it will continue further down the line.
    Mr. Wonderland

myanimelist.net/Ishmael

New Reply