Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)
New Reply

Thread: Hōgyoku edition

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity weixiaobao's Avatar
    i am reside within a creature that is bias
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hōgyoku edition

After rereading the Soul Society Arc, I realize that this arc has a lot of logical problems. But for the most part, they are fine in term of story telling because they create intrigue and suspense (one of which was the whole Hinamori storyline). But I will focus on the Hogyoku, and I hope some of the Bleach Otaku can correct my misunderstand. This is not in any order.

1) The center of Soul Society arc was rescuing Rukia. Why? Because "supposedly" Aizen knew full well that by sending Rukia to the human world would led to Urahara hiding the Hogyoku in her. "Supposedly" Aizen knew that since Rukia's deep regret about Kaien would made Hogyoku's manifest her will and made her lose her power to became human. Likewise, supposed Urahara knew enough about Rukia (even though he left Soul Society) to know how the Hogyoku would react in Rukia in order to hide it.

Well the latter may not be true since he didn't know the true ability of the Hogyoku, but how the heck does he knows enough to know that the way to go to hide it?

2) Let's move to the visored. Why are Soul Society so incompetent to think that somehow these random captains and vice captains that was sent to investigate an event are coincidentally all happen to gain hollow power via illegal means. I meant the 8th captain knew about his vice captain enough to know that isn't true. And what sup with the "I hate shinigami" attitude among the visored. They knew Aizen was behind all of that. So out side of training to master their hollow form for a 100 years, why didn't they and or Urahara do something about Aizen? Like an attempt on assassination. Or somehow leaks the information to other remaining captains. I supposed well without it there won't be a story.

3) I don't know whether Urahara is a genius and omnipotent or he is a dumbass. His hidding of the Hogyoku in Rukia was very stupid. But let said it was a smart idea, why didn't he try to rescue her when Byakuya and Renji came to take her away. Isn't it much easier to deal with 1 captain and 1 vice captain than against a whole soul society and Aizen?

How did he think sending some humans, a quincy, and a guy who were as strong as a third seat along with Yoruichi could accomplish something? I meant sending maybe just Yoruichi as a secret op would be a lot more successful. And I know in term of story, it made sense not to reveal Aizen is the bad guy. But after the 100 years flash back, it makes no sense why Urahara didn't warn Ichigo and the other who their real enemies were or what they are somewhat capable of (like if you encounter Aizen, please just run away).

*In honesty, I understand why in term of story telling but I wished Kishi didn't go the way he did with the flashback. And or at least try to convey that Urahara actually try to save Rukia or something*

4) Okay so, Aizen captured Orihime was a ruse, and not to heal the Hogyoku. Why does he have to be so damn complicated with his plan? Consider it lure away 4 captains, but he lost more than half of his Arrancar force. And if he respect the power of the Gotei 13 that much, why did he unnecessarily smug and attempt to kill the 3rd Arrancar. >__<

Well, this I supposed there is leeway. Because only after he captured Orihime, he combine the two Hogyoku into himself. So I could understand why he didn't really need the plan anymore and why he is so smug.

5) Everything about Gin Ichimaru. He was great when we thought he was a villain. Why the heck did he think that Aizen with the Hogyoku combine into himself is much easier to deal with than a normal Aizen? If his mission is to kill Aizen (and apparently Aizen already knew this because Aizen is GOD), he should have done something way before his death. Even if he fear Aizen's hypnosis power. He should know there are people that can fight Aizen. I meant why didn't step in and help or warn the captain commander that his ability will be null.

And then, he turned out he wasn't so bad. Then why did he do all the shit that he did. Like tease Rukia.

I just dunno. If everything was logical, the Soul Society Arc would not have been intrigue. But as Bleach goes on, Soul Society Arc just make no sense and it gets kinda sucker upon reread. But I still enjoyed the reread, I still feel hype when the captains reveal their bankai.

Oh boy, I don't even want to get into the Quincy thing.
    Last edited by weixiaobao; December 23, 2013 at 07:58 PM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hōgyoku edition

OH, and the Hinamori storyline makes absolutely no sense.
    ---------------
    didn't know I could double post, I thought they would automatically merged.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member devstauk's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by weixiaobao View Post
    OH, and the Hinamori storyline makes absolutely no sense.
    ---------------
    didn't know I could double post, I thought they would automatically merged.
    Could just edit the post

I'll edit mine when read all of your points
    Spoiler show

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Exodi's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

1) I don't think Aizen "knew" as much as he claims. Rather, he made educated guesses that happened to work in his favor. A large part of Aizen's fighting strategy is to freak his opponent out by getting into their heads (e.g. Ichigo).

Aizen's whole reveal on Sokyoku Hill was one of those "hindsight is 20/20" moments. Granted, he did put a lot of that into motion. I don't think he knew Urahara would choose to hide the Hogyoku in Rukia, but instead he jumped on the opportunity and ran with it. Aizen probably did know Urahara would interfere at some point, and I do think he knew Urahara was trying to get rid of the Hogyoku. Just not how exactly.

But he found out somehow, probably because he's been keeping tabs on Ichigo's entire life, having sort of been his creator. Afterwards he researched how to remove it from Rukia, and the rest is very confusing history.

2)This is what always bugged me about Soul Society. So ridiculously set in their ways. They answer to a group of 46 people we know absolutely nothing about or why there is even a Central 46. Aizen took advantage of that, too, when he killed the old 46 and made decisions in their place, knowing full well Soul Society wouldn't question it.

The Visoreds hold a grudge. I can sort of understand it. Soul Society was really, ridiculously set in their ways. I still find it odd they were all banished. I sincerely hope there was at least some investigation and they didn't just take the word of a some "witnesses".

Then again, Urahara was a brand new Captain. Who would you believe? The veteran Captain who claims he saw Aizen elsewhere, or the brand new Captain who behaves oddly and has a general look of mysteriousness hidden behind a childlike apathy?

3)Speaking of which....Urahara is still the biggest mystery. I've yet to even begin to understand his motivations. I don't know if he was ever helping Ichigo, or just keeping an eye on his experiment (because, let's face it, Urahara had an equal part in Ichigo's creation. Urahara might as well be Ichigo's father).

But does Urahara care about Ichigo? Or is he a less maniacal version of Aizen?

4)This is why I love Ywhach compared to Aizen. He's raw and has no time for bullshit.

5)I agree. I can't imagine there was never a time before that Gin couldn't touch Aizen's sword and use his really fast bankai.
    Not to mention all of the decades that Gin could've said "hey....this guy's cray-cray, y'all. better do sumthin' 'bout it."

Why did Gin do all of that stuff (e.g. tease Rukia)?

Because Gin is a douchebag. [or extremely committed to his role, perhaps channeling Itachi?]Don't let his backstory or motivations fool you. He's still that loveable asshole. Still one of my favorite characters. But I'm positive he enjoyed the hell out of cutting Hiyori in half.
    Last edited by Exodi; December 23, 2013 at 08:25 PM.

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by devstauk View Post
    Could just edit the post
    I have been here since 2006 I thought I knew everything >___< so I was being lazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodi View Post
    1) I don't think Aizen "knew" as much as he claims. Rather, he made educated guesses that happened to work in his favor. A large part of Aizen's fighting strategy is to freak his opponent out by getting into their heads (e.g. Ichigo).
    I can buy this. In the end, maybe Aizen just a smart alex.

Quote Quote:
    The Visoreds hold a grudge. I can sort of understand it. Soul Society was really, ridiculously set in their ways. I still find it odd they were all banished. I sincerely hope there was at least some investigation and they didn't just take the word of a some "witnesses".

Then again, Urahara was a brand new Captain. Who would you believe? The veteran Captain who claims he saw Aizen elsewhere, or the brand new Captain who behaves oddly and has a general look of mysteriousness hidden behind a childlike apathy?
    Well, I feel that it is odd that Soul Society wold let incredibly dangerous ex captains running around. The fact that they didn't even raise high alarm when Yoruichi returned to Soul Society. Why didn't he visored or Urahara pull that stunt before. I meant Urahara is a new captain but he certainly not a new member of Gotei 13. Beside there are plenty of veteran captains within the visored mix, why wouldn't those guys have more weight over a mere vice captain of the 5th squad (Aizen).

Quote Quote:
    4)This is why I love Ywhach compared to Aizen. He's raw and has no time for bullshit.
    Meh, I hope Bleach will not end until we have an Aizen's flashback. We still don't know jackshit about Aizen. Was he even that powerful when he was a vice captain 100 years ago? If he wasn't that powerful, Gin should have done something.

Quote Quote:
    Because Gin is a douchebag. [or extremely committed to his role, perhaps channeling Itachi?]Don't let his backstory or motivations fool you. He's still that loveable asshole. Still one of my favorite characters. But I'm positive he enjoyed the hell out of cutting Hiyori in half.
    >__< I just realize I mentioned Kishimoto instead of Kubo somewhere in my post but I am too lazy to look it up. But yeah, maybe Kubo was undecided about whether Gin was a bad guy or a good guy.

---------- Post added at 07:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:40 PM ----------

---------------------------------

Reading the hill chapter again, no, I think Kubo trying to portray Aizen did know all those things. Because all his actions matched with someone who knew exactly what they are doing (especially about the execution).

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, I feel that it is odd that Soul Society wold let incredibly dangerous ex captains running around. The fact that they didn't even raise high alarm when Yoruichi returned to Soul Society. Why didn't he visored or Urahara pull that stunt before. I meant Urahara is a new captain but he certainly not a new member of Gotei 13. Beside there are plenty of veteran captains within the visored mix, why wouldn't those guys have more weight over a mere vice captain of the 5th squad (Aizen).
    Who would think they're even alive? No successful experiment on Shinigami's Hollowfication was ever recorced. Urahara was banished, meaning he was literally rejected by the Dangai and couldn't enter SS. He can now, but he never came in SS before Aizen arc. For SS, Yoruichi simply disappeared. They didn't know she rescued Tessai and Urahara. They brought her Noble House down. Why raise some big alarm?

As for Gin, he was a kid with a good heart, that was little cocky because of his power. Teasing Rukia? He showed her she still wants to live, rebuilt her resolve. Cutting Hiyori? Either that and avoiding ANY vital organs (only blood loss) or being cut down by Aizen, who is NOT kind enough to avoid vital points. He would've instantly kill her. Gin did her a big favor IMO.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Duniak View Post
    As for Gin, he was a kid with a good heart, that was little cocky because of his power. Teasing Rukia? He showed her she still wants to live, rebuilt her resolve. Cutting Hiyori? Either that and avoiding ANY vital organs (only blood loss) or being cut down by Aizen, who is NOT kind enough to avoid vital points. He would've instantly kill her. Gin did her a big favor IMO.
    You think Gin has that much faith that Ichigo would stop the execution. Nah, I think it is just bad writing on Kubo part.

Gin was amazing as a villain. I think Kishimoto had done a better job of portraying Itachi as a hidden agent than Kubo's Gin.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

You think Gin has that much faith that Ichigo would stop the execution. Nah, I think it is just bad writing on Kubo part.

Gin was amazing as a villain. I think Kishimoto had done a better job of portraying Itachi as a hidden agent than Kubo's Gin.
    Gin probably never expected Aizen to be stopped before the execution, and also didn't get to the point where he'd see that Ichigo is strong enough to stop Aizen until just before his (probably) death.

Gin was close to Aizen for a loong time, and he knew just how strong Aizen is. With that and KS haxxory, there was never a chance that he'd be stopped before acquiring the Hougyoku in Rukia; Gin probably realized that, and waited for Aizen to grow godly strong - and careless. It almost worked, the only flaw was that Aizen had one more Hougyoku.
    Erfworld

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

No, I do not? How did you even come up with that? Gin just showed her she wants to live. He doesn't need to believe Ichigo would stop execution. There was nothing he could do. You think it's better to die while thinking you just should die? He threw her into despair, but made her want to live again. Even if Ichigo rescued her when she wanted to die, all would be for naught. She would probably want to die so badly she would either kill herself or sacrifice herself. Constant feeling of helplessness made her come to terms with dying making death inevitable and necessary for her. Gin showed her she has a choice and reason to live. Is that bad?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Duniak View Post
    No, I do not? How did you even come up with that? Gin just showed her she wants to live. He doesn't need to believe Ichigo would stop execution. There was nothing he could do. You think it's better to die while thinking you just should die? He threw her into despair, but made her want to live again. Even if Ichigo rescued her when she wanted to die, all would be for naught. She would probably want to die so badly she would either kill herself or sacrifice herself. Constant feeling of helplessness made her come to terms with dying making death inevitable and necessary for her. Gin showed her she has a choice and reason to live. Is that bad?
    Wow, now you are just speculating. This is your interpretation of the reading and it has no more weight than anyone else.

How do I come up with it? Because the stuffs that you typed out also like a fantasy version of Gin in your head and not what I read, hence I need to a clarify on what sort of things the Gin in your head thought. So far, Gin seemed to only care for one person. He is not a saint, but he is not necessary a bad guy.

---------- Post added at 10:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by 0Xellos View Post
    Gin probably never expected Aizen to be stopped before the execution, and also didn't get to the point where he'd see that Ichigo is strong enough to stop Aizen until just before his (probably) death.

Gin was close to Aizen for a loong time, and he knew just how strong Aizen is. With that and KS haxxory, there was never a chance that he'd be stopped before acquiring the Hougyoku in Rukia; Gin probably realized that, and waited for Aizen to grow godly strong - and careless. It almost worked, the only flaw was that Aizen had one more Hougyoku.
    This is where Kubo totally lost me. Aizen just seemed to be a deux machina character, we never really been explained why he was that strong. I meant he was a vice captain for godsake. So would Aizen a 100 years ago capable of beating the captain commander? Even during the soul society arc, Aizen had been careless. He was careless and smug in the 100 flashback too by revealing himself to so many people.

---------- Post added December 29, 2013 at 02:48 AM ---------- Previous post was December 24, 2013 at 10:57 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by devstauk View Post
    Could just edit the post

I'll edit mine when read all of your points
    Did you finished reading all of my points?

I meant the Hinamori's storyline makes no sense because what was Aizen even thinking? I don't get the purpose of him manipulating Toshiro and Hinamori like that like at all.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member eefrit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I guess I'll throw in my perspective on these events, although my knowledge on the S.S. arc is a bit rusty.

1) The center of Soul Society arc was rescuing Rukia. Why? Because "supposedly" Aizen knew full well that by sending Rukia to the human world would led to Urahara hiding the Hogyoku in her. "Supposedly" Aizen knew that since Rukia's deep regret about Kaien would made Hogyoku's manifest her will and made her lose her power to became human. Likewise, supposed Urahara knew enough about Rukia (even though he left Soul Society) to know how the Hogyoku would react in Rukia in order to hide it.

Well the latter may not be true since he didn't know the true ability of the Hogyoku, but how the heck does he knows enough to know that the way to go to hide it?
    I think Exodi summed this part up quite nicely. Aizen was just a lucky sonofagun. Everything lined up just right for him and he had the smarts to take advantage of the situation given to him. He didn't "know" anything, he just had theory's that turned out right.

One explanation on Urahara's knowledge about Rukia could be that he has Yoruichi and Kukaku in S.S. who are the ones who kept him informed on the going ons there. Also, Urahara didn't want to the Hogyoku to react inside Rukia. He tried to turn her human so he could hide it permanently (which is quite...unsettling but whatevs). All Urahara knew is that the Hogyoku was capable of breaking down Hollow/Shinigami barriers.

2) Let's move to the visored. Why are Soul Society so incompetent to think that somehow these random captains and vice captains that was sent to investigate an event are coincidentally all happen to gain hollow power via illegal means. I meant the 8th captain knew about his vice captain enough to know that isn't true. And what sup with the "I hate shinigami" attitude among the visored. They knew Aizen was behind all of that. So out side of training to master their hollow form for a 100 years, why didn't they and or Urahara do something about Aizen? Like an attempt on assassination. Or somehow leaks the information to other remaining captains. I supposed well without it there won't be a story.
    Soul Society gonna Soul Society and The Central 46 gonna be jerkwads of the highest order. Again, Exodi already said it nicely. S.S. are going to follow every order the 46 give them, despite the fact that there was more going on. Which leads to the Visored hate. Imagine you are wrongfully convicted and friends you've known and fought with for 100s of years don't even bother to assist you and just go straight for execution. You get saved sure, but the life you had is no longer yours and your banished to a different place. The Shinigami didn't even bother trying to help them.

Assassination is out of the question as Aizen was still in the Gotei 13. It wouldn't be a good look for them to try and take out Aizen when they are already suspected of something, bringing the wrath of the entire Gotei 13 on them. I highly doubt they'd be listened to with the death of one of the most beloved Captains on there hand. Plus, there was Gin and Tousen to deal with and they probably didn't know whether or not he had more people under his thumb. Same thing with Urahara. Leaking probably wouldn't work since, again, they are wanted criminals. S.S. wasn't going to believe them. And the few that probably would, had no real proof in their favor.

3) I don't know whether Urahara is a genius and omnipotent or he is a dumbass. His hidding of the Hogyoku in Rukia was very stupid. But let said it was a smart idea, why didn't he try to rescue her when Byakuya and Renji came to take her away. Isn't it much easier to deal with 1 captain and 1 vice captain than against a whole soul society and Aizen?

How did he think sending some humans, a quincy, and a guy who were as strong as a third seat along with Yoruichi could accomplish something? I meant sending maybe just Yoruichi as a secret op would be a lot more successful. And I know in term of story, it made sense not to reveal Aizen is the bad guy. But after the 100 years flash back, it makes no sense why Urahara didn't warn Ichigo and the other who their real enemies were or what they are somewhat capable of (like if you encounter Aizen, please just run away).

*In honesty, I understand why in term of story telling but I wished Kishi didn't go the way he did with the flashback. And or at least try to convey that Urahara actually try to save Rukia or something*
    Like I mentioned earlier, the plan was to have Rukia turn into a human to hide the Hogyoku. If he revealed himself, he most likely would have revealed his hiding spot and brought unnecessary attention to himself. If a Captain and a VC go missing in the Human World...that wouldn't be cool. Especially after Rukia went missing. He can't just keep taking out investigators.

It was supposed to just be a retrieval mission. But since Aizen knew more about the plan than Urahara anticipated, it turned into what we know now. I doubt he expected them to fight against anybody powerful. Plus, I believe Yoruichi warned them to flee Captains on sight.

4) Okay so, Aizen captured Orihime was a ruse, and not to heal the Hogyoku. Why does he have to be so damn complicated with his plan? Consider it lure away 4 captains, but he lost more than half of his Arrancar force. And if he respect the power of the Gotei 13 that much, why did he unnecessarily smug and attempt to kill the 3rd Arrancar. >__<

Well, this I supposed there is leeway. Because only after he captured Orihime, he combine the two Hogyoku into himself. So I could understand why he didn't really need the plan anymore and why he is so smug.
    Honestly, Aizen, Gin, Kaname, Starrk, Barragan, and Harribel plus Wonderweiss probably would have been enough to end the six remaining Captains. Had the Visored not shown up, things potentially could have ended in Aizen's favor. However, going by what he said, that was the first time he really saw them in action and was disappointed because he did their job better.

5) Everything about Gin Ichimaru. He was great when we thought he was a villain. Why the heck did he think that Aizen with the Hogyoku combine into himself is much easier to deal with than a normal Aizen? If his mission is to kill Aizen (and apparently Aizen already knew this because Aizen is GOD), he should have done something way before his death. Even if he fear Aizen's hypnosis power. He should know there are people that can fight Aizen. I meant why didn't step in and help or warn the captain commander that his ability will be null.

And then, he turned out he wasn't so bad. Then why did he do all the shit that he did. Like tease Rukia.

I just dunno. If everything was logical, the Soul Society Arc would not have been intrigue. But as Bleach goes on, Soul Society Arc just make no sense and it gets kinda sucker upon reread. But I still enjoyed the reread, I still feel hype when the captains reveal their bankai.
    I always saw Gin as cocky and selfish. He wanted to be the one to take down Aizen with his power. He wanted to impress the girl. He thought he was the main hero in his own story and was sadly mistaken. He played the part of the villain to get closer to the true villain and played that part well. I assume teasing Rukia dealt with giving her the will to live. Probably Aizen's orders.

Oh boy, I don't even want to get into the Quincy thing.
    Do it! Do it now!

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member raikwolf's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

1) This is just part of the story and how Kubo picture it. To me Aizen wan's that all "brilliant" how he thought he was hahaha, in fact Urahara seems to have predicted every possible actions that Aizen would have take.

2) Well you got that right xD, this point is beyond "ilogical" they hate SS but then they return to it. At least give a little explanation here Kubo...

3) Yes, but no. Urahara seems to be the type to analyze everything before entering the fight (In naruto (which you seem to like xD)...it would be Kakashi's style), these humans wasn't under the effects of Kyokasuigetsu, and remember that they were cornered but the menos grande appeared to save the day, and I believe that it is never shown if Urahara knew or not that Aizen was already in control of HM.

4) Orihime seems to be part of a plan to develop Ichigo's powers (Now we know why, he most see Ichigo as his own experiment). And he's extremely arrogant so he must have thought that he was more than enough... and he almost was, I have always though that Urahara's ahead-planning and flawless tricks got the better of Aizen who in his arrogance, fail to see that coming. (but even now we are not sure what was he planning xD)

5) Well in this I will say... timing?, we don't often see Aizen with his sword drawn and even less with a low-guard, he just waited for the right moment.

"And then, he turned out he wasn't so bad. Then why did he do all the shit that he did. Like tease Rukia". wasn't so bad but still he seems to be pretty sadistic, or he was just keeping the false-face.

New Reply