Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 (2)

View Poll Results: Rate this chapter! (Average rating: 7.3 / 10)

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • 10 (Perfection)

1 3.70%
  • 9 (Epic)

6 22.22%
  • 8 (Very Good)

9 33.33%
  • 7 (Good)

7 25.93%
  • 6 (Bit Above Average)

1 3.70%
  • 5 (Average)

0 0%
  • 4 (Bit Below Average)

0 0%
  • 3 (Bad)

2 7.41%
  • 2 (Very Bad)

0 0%
  • 1 (Garbage)

0 0%
  • 0 (I'm done with Claymore)

1 3.70%
New Reply
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Claymore 146 Discussion / 147 Predictions

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member littleangel's Avatar
    Country
    Jordan
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Claymore 146 Spoilers

First of all thank you Gene and Galatea for the amazing work The chapter is filled with many stuff that needs to be clarified and many things that doesn't make much sense unless we discuss them.. Even though it is short.. We need to read it many times to see the right from wrong in it.

Quote Quote:
    The thing that bothers me the most though is how slow Priscilla has become even after staying in her hybrid form. How come has Clare managed to save
    Miria is beyond me. That's especially true when you consider the previous time she saved Miria like that (Rigaldo fight). What's even worse maybe is that Yagi can't stay consistent even between 2 chapters... In the previous one she could easily dodge or block any attack even though she was in her slower form (and if we were to believe her she was fighting with the strength she had at her disposal as unawakened #2). Now practically everyone lands a hit on her (including Yuma).
    I think I may have the answer for that.. If you remember Riful, she said that Alicia attack at the most valnurible moment and that was when she was in the hybrid mode (Like the naming Galatea ), when she wasn't fully awakened yet.. At that time she seemed to lack speed and power that even in the human form she had.. So this might explain it?? And if so.. Then next chapter you can say RIP for most of the characters that were introduced to us.. Because she will now have greater speed and power than any time before.. Not to mention, Priscilla got an upgrade while she was fighting Riful so she had learned to evade and attack..

On the other note.. I liked how Clare finally expressed her feelings out in public.. It's been a very long time since she did that.. And makes me like her more.. She is no longer the friendly ice queen.. She is more or less like what happened to Teresa.. She found her true self and she is living for it.. But here comes the omen to remind us that she might make a mistake like letting her guard down.. Which I hope that it never happens like last time.

It is nice that Yagi brought us back to the old times.. When Ophelia was there (which makes us realize that Clare never forgot about her resolve) and Teresa.. It felt like going back to your room in your parents home.

Priscilla seems to trick everyone.. As she is not showing signs of frustration at all except when Clare attacked her last page.. So what I believe is that she is letting them hit her so she can analyze their powers and let them lower their guard down like Miria and then attack.. Thank God that Clare was there to stop her. Now, about Clare actually hitting her last page, I seem to agree with Goral that it looks like Rigardo's scene, but the only difference is that Clare had to half awaken to do that while here she jumped while remaining human.. Did she unlock new powers? Or was it that she wasn't fighting full power last chapter?? I seem to accept that she wasn't fighting full power due to fear and her missed up feelings, that now are no longer an obstacle. Actually they are helping her even more than before. I also agree with GEG that this is what Raphaela meant with the mistake, as she should fight for herself and to live a good life with her friends and the man she loves not a life of hatred centered in revenge.

I will go reread it a couple of times when MiB has released their version as it is easier to to follow up the translation with the manga and I may realize something different.

2. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Re: Claymore 146 Spoilers

First of all, thank to God Eye Galatea for the fast translation.

I agree whit your theory GEG: Clare have to meet Teresa one more time (even if is only in her mind) to resolve that lost from the past. I believe, now that Clare is connected with her inner soul/essence/core she will be able to manage the full power of Teresa.

I really liked this chapter, and the way the author is coming closer to the final. Let go Mr. Yagi, do your magic!

(Sorry for my English, it's been a while don't write in this language)

4. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Jordan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    I won't be bothered by Yuma's brilliant aim or Cassandra attacking Priscilla and only Priscilla (even saving Chronos, lol).
    Apparently I skipped a line while I was reading your post Goral.. Apologies.. But I totally agree with you.. We need a good and convincing explanation of why and how Cassandra attacked only Priscilla. To me this doesn't make much sense.. Plus will Priscilla go and absorb Cassandra next chapter to restore all her powers?? This will put the warriors at a severe disadvantage.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member number12michael's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by littleangel View Post
    Apparently I skipped a line while I was reading your post Goral.. Apologies.. But I totally agree with you.. We need a good and convincing explanation of why and how Cassandra attacked only Priscilla. To me this doesn't make much sense.. Plus will Priscilla go and absorb Cassandra next chapter to restore all her powers?? This will put the warriors at a severe disadvantage.
    Maybe Cassandra(who is now mentally free from prissy) sensed her and knows thats the being that was controlling her and is attacking her.

And i would not say she "Saved" Chronos but she could have i think it was more she took that opening to attack prissy(it actually looks like she bites off one of her arms and then miria destroyed the other)
    "Keep Eating Shit For The Rest Of Your Life " - 愛憎のロクサーヌ- Roxanne of Love and Hate

Country
    Jordan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    Maybe Cassandra(who is now mentally free from prissy) sensed her and knows thats the being that was controlling her and is attacking her.
    If that was the case then Yagi should make doctor Miria or Octavia say so.. Taking too long on this is actually a bad thing not a good thing, unless he has something else in mind.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner thekickinside's Avatar
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

Normally I'm not too critical of manga, but I thought this chapter was pretty stupid, probably one of the worst in the whole story.

I don't know why they built up the plot device of Priscilla reverting to human form as being a major story progression if she was just going to change back again after a few chapters. The whole idea that she had lost her regeneration ability and thus had to start consciously evading was a big thing and I felt it created some tension in the previous chapter where all of the characters could pour everything into trying to land a hit on her. Then suddenly this chapter it's like everyone has hit her so the author erases the canon set up in the previous months and just gives her regeneration back.

Also on that note, how on earth was Priscilla suddenly stripped of so much power in this chapter? In her human form she perfectly evaded every attack from Riful 2, who had to be at least more than twice the strength of an AO (given how Priscilla easily defeated Alicia + Beth in her human form and yet was pushed back by Riful 2 in her awakened form). Since the end of that battle she should have recovered even more power and yet everyone is dusting her. So effectively that means a weakened Octavia + Chronos plus the ghosts must total way more power than an AO to completely annihilate Priscilla once they team up with Cassandra... something I seriously doubt. Like how the fuck did Clare outspeed and then hit her with QS to save Miria just there? I think the whole thing was shoddy writing just to get out of a plot that he couldn't follow through to the end believably.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Jullias Ondore's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

You have to also think that this is a manga not an anime so you couldn't necessarily see how fast the attacks are coming that is most likely why she is getting hit. Because the attacks may be coming so fast and non stop that she may not even have time to avoid them all. This would most likely be the only way to kill someone like her, but hey who knows now that she is awakened she may obliterate a few of them.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member number12michael's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jullias Ondore View Post
    You have to also think that this is a manga not an anime so you couldn't necessarily see how fast the attacks are coming that is most likely why she is getting hit. Because the attacks may be coming so fast and non stop that she may not even have time to avoid them all. This would most likely be the only way to kill someone like her, but hey who knows now that she is awakened she may obliterate a few of them.
    yeah this chapter will be like 2 minutes in the anime.
    "Keep Eating Shit For The Rest Of Your Life " - 愛憎のロクサーヌ- Roxanne of Love and Hate

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner thekickinside's Avatar
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

The fact is she dodged attacks by Riful 2 that should have been faster than any attacks she is facing now, plus she was outsped in her awakened form by Clare.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Elandyll's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Claymore 146 Discussion / 147 Predictions

Finally! a Clare centric chapter after all these months (years?)...

I wonder if Yagi's purpose in relegating Clare mostly to the background (whereas nobody was really taking front and center anymore, more like a succession of various point of views) has been to show us all the other reasons Clare now has to live for, thus her becoming less the Clare we used to know (the lone wolf, ready to die in her quest, which we know was actually her point, to "go all out in out desperate act" where she would likely die whie awakening), and appreciating more being with comrades and in the end being reunited with Raki.
    Interesting... And if it is the case, and where apparently now everything is being tied together for what I assume are the last few chapters before the end of either Claymore entirely or this era.

The only chance I see for a "positive" ending though (given Priscsilla's strength) would be a "level up" type solution for Clare, where the "souls" (Yoki?) of the beings that took part in Clare's evolution all band together to finally reveal Clare's "true" potential (cf Miria at their first encounter saying that for a moment she felt she was in front of "The strongest" Warrior). Possible memories involved imo: Therea, Irene, Rafaela. A Soul discussion, or possibly remembering a talk she would have had while in the Blob (as much of a pointless story device it has been so far) would be in order.

Could Clare die or awaken in the process? Sure. But somehow it would kind of make her whole journey (from lone wolf bent on vengeance to finally a human being with emotions who cherishes her friends and potential romantic involvement) pointless if she would. (which is probably why Deneve told her it was ok to stay behind).

13. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Goral's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, after reading Waychanger's translation (BTW, thanks for it) Yagi's intention becomes clear. Unfortunately I don't buy it. It's just too sudden for me. I could accept it easier if Clare had realized it during the 7 years in the north, where she actually had a time to grow closer to Cynthia, Yuma and co. But Raki triggering it is just stupid. She barely knew him (practically as much as Sid and Galk) so I find it very hard to believe she would think much of him if not for her promise. In reality it was the only connection they had. So why now and not earlier? How come a stranger (almost) could help her realize that?

Could Clare die? Not a chance. Yagi has made it very clear that he won't kill anyone of the old crew. That's just not possible. Since he's been saving Deneve and Miria from so many impossible scenarios he won't kill the protagonist either. He made sure that we will get used to it by now. Deneve must survive to sum everything up and explain to us what Priscilla was thinking at her last moment, Miria must survive since she actually died once and was revived so it would be pointless to do it again and Clare must survive to prove to childr... I mean us, that a sudden change for the better always brings good things with it and delivers a happy ending.

Anyway, as I was saying I would much prefer to see Clare's training in the north, onsen extra scenes and other ones which would show Clare growing closer to Cynthia, Yuma and co. instead of a blob, Abyssal Eaters, zombies, resurrections, etc. That way it would make more sense to go after the organization and Priscilla TOGETHER, Miria wouldn't die and be resurrected in such a retarded (i.e. offensive to reader's intelligence) way and everything else would seem more natural. But I guess that Claymore would have ended by now if that was the case and Yagi has bills to pay...
    Last edited by Goral; December 30, 2013 at 03:50 PM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Meh chapter sucks at least for me, im sure nobody shares my views since people that hang around any threads related to a manga are in its majority the ones that really like it.Anyway the story went downhill alot over the last couple years in my eyes and this lame fight with Priscilla is just the icing on the cake. Yagi wrote himself in a freaking corner and since he cant come up with any realistic scenario for Priscilla to be defeated it seems he choose the stupidest "everybody gang up on her and somehow they win". Unfortunatily he made Priscilla too much of a freaking god for her to ever be defeated in a real fight and to top it off he managed to make everybody else seen even weaker by comparing that all the regular awakens plus all the claymores dont even amount to the power of an abyssmal one.

People seem to forget that Priscilla took down Alicia/Beth (2 abyssmals) together while both were awakened without even breaking a sweat, then went after riful (another abysmall) killed her in 1 move came back fought the powered up by the kitties daulf and still had enough to go after claire and the rest. I wanna see anyone make it seem possible for the current team that dosent even match up to the force of 2 abysmals (dust eater counts as 1 and everybody else combined dosent amount to 1) taking priscilla down in a far fight.Also agree with Goral, Claires realization this late in the game just screams bs.
    Last edited by Unholy; December 30, 2013 at 08:51 PM.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Elandyll's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Unholy View Post
    Meh chapter is sucks at least for me, im sure nobody shares my views since people that hang around any threads related to a manga are in its majority the ones that really like it.Anyway the story went downhill alot over the last couple years in my eyes and this lame fight with Priscilla is just the icing on the cake. Yagi wrote himself in a freaking corner and since he cant come up with any realistic scenario for Priscilla to be defeated it seems he choose the stupidest "everybody gang up on her and somehow they win". Unfortunatily he made Priscilla too much of a freaking god for her to ever be defeated in a real fight and to top it off he managed to make everybody else even more useless by comparing that all the regular awakens plus all the claymores dont even amount to the power of an abyssmal one.

People seem to forget that Priscilla took down Alicia/Beth (2 abyssmals) together while both were awakened without even breaking a sweat, then went after riful (another abysmall) killed her in 1 move came back fought the powered up by the kitties daulf and still had enough to go after claire and the rest. I wanna see anyone make it seem possible for the current team that dosent even match up to the force of 2 abysmals (dust eater counts as 1 and everybody else combined dosent amount to 1) taking priscilla down in a far fight.Also agree with Goral, Claires realization this late in the game just screams bs.
    About Priscilla's apparent weakness, I didn't think anyone would buy it frankly.

Not only has she plainly stated that she was going to fight at a minimal level while regaining her strength (and toying with them), but this chapter is fairly standard shounen "Good guys appear to win until huge reversal 'I wasn't even at 9000!' by the bad guy who trashes everyone in a 'shocking' reversal, until (and we'll see if Yagi goes there) the Hero digs deep down and "unlocks" hidden potential to finally beat the "bad guy" in extremis."
    I just hope the battle won't go into Goku vs Freezer levels of stupid, but I guess it could with what we have seen in the past 2 years (cf Miria not dying). The one thing that gives me still hope is how good the scenes with Clarice/ Galatea/ Miata were recently.

A lot will rest on how Yagi handles making this completely one sided fight (in favor of Priscilla) more balanced...
    Chap 146 was imo pretty obvious screen & mirrors by Yagi, I didn't even see the point to go "Yay! Quicksword destroys arm of Pris!" because we all know it's 99.9% chance misleading BS that will be reversed within one page of the next chapter.
    Last edited by Elandyll; December 30, 2013 at 05:41 PM.

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I just hope that at some point Clare transforms to Teresa or Teresa takes over Clare's body for the fight and then I will be happy.

19. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member MalakTawus's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

I loved this chapter....and Claire is finally entering the fight

.....anyway it's pretty clear that it wont be so easy to defeat Prissy and im still convinced that some major character will die in a few chapters.

I also agree that it's possible that soon we'll see a meeting between Claire and Teresa (in her subconscious i mean), im really curious to see what will happen, but for now i'd say that i like a lot the direction that Yagi has taken.

New Reply
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast